These lake quotes will inspire you to reach a place of mindfulness or calming.
The lake can truly be an inspirational place where ideas flow. Maybe you view lakes as places to relax and swim (or not) while soaking up some sun. Whatever brings you to the lake take a breath and enjoy the stillness.
I walk around the lake by my house every day and it keeps me focused on achieving my goals. It is one of the few places where I can quiet my mind and envision the future.
Lakes are filled with natural magic otherwise known as water. Water has the power to be soothing or terrifying. It can sustain life or take it away. A lake holds all that raw potential still, keeping it from damaging things in its path, in much the same way our brains hold our thoughts.
That connection can make the lake a meaningful place for calming, quietness, searching our feelings, and finding truth.
Don’t forget to also read these powerful climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
Beautifully calm lake quotes
1. “Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
2. “A lake is the landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
3. “Find a calm lake and wait for the twilight in silence! There, existence will visit you with all its magnificence! The existence of the Existence can best be felt in the presence of dimness and in the absence of crowds and noises!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
4. “Mindfulness arises when you allow your attention to fall effortlessly on the breathing point like an autumn leaf falling on a lake of still water” – Amit Ray, Beautify your Breath – Beautify your Life
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fall quotes the falling in love.
5. “My recollection of a hundred lovely lakes has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful.” – Hamlin Garland
6. “We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.” – Zen Saying
7. “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around it. When the mind is still, the beauty of the Self is seen reflected in it.” – B.K.S Iyengar
8. “Make your heart like a lake, with a calm, still surface, and great depths of kindness.” – Lao Tzu
9. “The lake is good for the soul.” – Unknown
You might also like these sea quotes and sayings to invoke depth and exploration.
Loney and quiet lake quotes
10. “So lovely was the loneliness of a wild lake.” – Edgar Allan Poe
11. “Every lake belongs to the quietness desired by the swans.” – Munia Khan
12. “All you need is love and the lake.” – Unknown
13. “In the hearts captivated by innocence, the eternal peace of a quiet lake is experienced!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
14. “A little tranquil lake is more significant to my life than any big city in the world.” – Munia Khan
15. “Become slower in your journey through life. Practice yoga and meditation if you suffer from ‘hurry sickness.’ Become more introspective by visiting quiet places such as churches, museums, mountains and lakes. Give yourself permission to read at least one novel a month for pleasure.” – Wayne Dyer
16. “I grew up with the smell of the lake and the feeling of the woods.” – Steven Tyler
17. “When you’re young you think that you’re going to sail into a lovely lake of quietude and peace. This is profoundly untrue.” – Doris Lessing
18. “On a quiet night at the lake, you can almost hear the fish laughing.” -Unknown
19. “Know when to give up and just go to the lake.” – Unknown
Quotes about lakes and oceans
20. “Not every lake dreams to be an ocean. Blessed are the ones who are happy with who they are.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
21. “The little lake you love is the biggest ocean for you!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
22. “If the lake sees the ocean, it will want big waves! If the ocean sees the lake, it will want calm days that last for years!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
23. “The ocean is not a big lake; the lake is not a small ocean! Ocean is ocean, lake is lake!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
24. “Many drops make a bucket, many buckets make a pond, many ponds make a lake, and many lakes make an ocean.” – Percy Ross
25. “For the contented minds, lakes are oceans!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
26. “Even a pebble cast in the middle of a lake creates ripples that eventually reach the shore.” – Jeffrey G. Duarte
27. “The words bounced off her like a stone skipping over the surface of a lake. A stone may skip a long way, but it always sinks eventually.” – Rachel Hartman, Tess of the Road
28. “When a stone is dropped into a pond, the water continues quivering even after the stone has sunk to the bottom.” – Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
29. “What I find cool about being a banned author is this: I’m writing books that evoke a reaction, books that, if dropped in a lake, go down not with a whimper but a splash.” – Lauren Myracle
30. “Skip a stone. Take a hike. Sit a spell. Listen. Daydream. Just breathe. This is lake living.” – Unknown
You might also like these waves quotes and sayings for surfers & beach lovers.
Lake quotes about the dangers and sadness of lakes
31. “When you have swam in the sea a lake will no longer do; everyone else has been a pond but the ocean was always you.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
32. “The water. The lake. It flows through our veins, and there’s nothing we can do about it… It’s like venom.” – Karen Katchur, The Secrets of Lake Road
33. “Frog who wants to be a king of the lake by terrorizing other frogs is not a frog but a scorpion or a snake!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
34. “I live with regrets – the bittersweet loss of innocence – the red track of the moon upon the lake – the inability to return and do it again…” – John Geddes, A Familiar Rain
35. “I have left behind what tethered me to the lake. The sadness. The self-pity. The dark tentacles of the murky sea monster only I could see. And I have come to appreciate the ocean. How the sun and salt together can leave things weightless, easy, and smooth around the edges. Like sea glass and driftwood.” – Wendy Wunder, The Museum of Intangible Things
36. “The lake’s deep…and dark…and dangerous.” – Mary Downing Hahn, Deep and Dark and Dangerous
37. “I’m terrified to go in lakes because you can’t see the bottom, and not knowing what’s there watching you is really scary to me.” – Sara Paxton
38. “When you’re working on a lake and it’s dark and cold out and you can’t see what’s underwater, it is freaking scary!” – Jessica Szohr
Lake quotes about magic, feelings and the truth
39. “The lake is lovely,” I commented, “And so big. I still find it hard to believe it’s artificial.” “Oh, it’s artificial, all right. Dive deep and you may bash your head on tree stumps.” – Catherine Marshall, Julie
40. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” – Loren Eiseley
41. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Wallace Stevens
42. “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” – William Wordsworth
43. “And I say also this. I do not think the forest would be so bright, nor the water so warm, nor love so sweet, if there were no danger in the lakes.” – C. S. Lewis
44. “There’s only one way to tackle life, enjoy a day at the beach, and jump into a Great Lake: Headfirst!” – Viola Shipman, The Charm Bracelet
45. “Just find your way, like a river settling into its bed, and the sigh of the wind over a lake, light but restful… content with the joy in the arc of an arm throwing a ball for a dog to fetch” – Jay Woodman
46. “Take the broken pieces of your life, bake a master cake out of it. Don’t stand still like a lake; keep flowing like a stream!” – Israelmore Ayivor, Dream Big!: See Your Bigger Picture!
47. “Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains…” – Diane Ackerman
48. “At the lake, every hour is happy hour.” – Unknown
Other inspirational lake quotes
49. “Advice from a lake: Be clear. Make positive ripples. Look beneath the surface. Stay Calm. Shore up friendships. Take time to reflect. Be full of life.” – Unknown
50. “Of all the paths you take in life make some lead to the lake.” – Unknown
Have you seen these water quotes honoring the flow of life?
51. “The sky loves lakes rather than oceans because it finds the opportunity to watch itself in the crystal clear mirrors of the lakes!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “Looking out over the lake, I felt enveloped in the most peaceful, loving utopia.” – Laurie Kahn
53. “Sometimes a misty lake becomes so calm in the early morning that a person who is boating thinks he is dead, as if there is only existence but not himself!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
What did you learn from these lake quotes?
Hopefully, these lake quotes and sayings were able to help you reach a place of mindfulness or calming. These were special for me as my current book involves the lake!
As I was looking up these lake quotes, I was reminded that the lake really is a beautiful thing. It can be so many things to different people: a place for summer fun, a place for reflection, a pretty piece of nature to gaze at, and so much more.
If you are feeling stressed or unsure about which path to take next, take a trip to the lake. Go for a walk, sit on a bench and look at the water. Let your mind focus and be still. Or go and jump in (I’m too scared for that!).
Comment below with your favorite quote and what lessons or truths you discovered while at the lake.
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST