Trendy quotes are relatively more popular among those who are looking for new cultural and fashion trends.
This is so, as the word trendy has been widely used in the fashion industry.
To help you find trendy quotes that are worthy to be shared, we have created a list of such quotes.
Apart from the quotes, we have also talked about the word ‘Trendy’ and how trends influence the fashion industry.
What is Trendy?
The word “trendy” is used for a design, pattern, or fashion that is currently popular.
It refers to the collective tastes and preferences of people during a given period.
Being a trendy person, you need to stay in line with the prevailing fashion and styles.
The Power of Influence
Trends came into the scene due to various factors like:
- Celebrity endorsements
- Media exposure
- Cultural movements
- Technological advancements
Apart from this, red-carpet events, fashion runways, and social media platforms also serve as catalysts for propagating trends.
For instance, a wardrobe worn by a celebrity can become a trend within a matter of days.
No doubt, digital media has also accelerated the pace at which trends are made.
Rise and Fall of Trends
Trends usually don’t last for long, which means what is considered trendy today might not be a trend after a year or so.
We follow trends to look unique and stop following a trend that is followed by almost everyone.
So, we are always in pursuit of finding the next “big thing”.
With the rapid turnover rate of trends, we constantly experience change.
In order to stay up to date with the latest trends, we need to follow the developments in the fashion industry.
On the other hand, trends could challenge the authenticity of originality and styling preferences.
For instance, an individual might love to carry a particular style even if it is no more trendy.
This is the area where vintage styling comes into play.
These styles and fashion preferences are preferred by people for decades and are still popular among a certain group.
Individuality within Trends
In a world where trends come and go, there should be room for personal styling and expression.
If something is trendy, it doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your individual preferences.
In some cases, creative individuals tend to come up with a solution to this issue.
They add their unique flair to a trend and give a personal touch to it.
Top 10 Trendy Quotes
Discover the pulse of contemporary thought with our curated selection of the top 10 trendy quotes.
1. “Tribalism has become trendy.” — Louise Burfitt-Dons
2. “I just want to share trendy music with my fans.” — Hyuna
3. “We’re so trendy we can’t even escape ourselves.” — Kurt Cobain
4. “It will always be trendy to do the right thing with food.” — Marcus Samuelsson
5. “As a comedian, I’ve always tried to bring in trendy issues.” — Vivek
6. “I’d rather be shot than be seen falling out of some trendy club.” — Ben Barnes
7. “My nine-year-old daughter is very creative and colorful and trendy.” — Erykah Badu
8. “A wacky, trendy outfit on a guy over 40 indicates he’s got big issues.” — Merrill Markoe
9. “Confit is the ultimate comfort food, and trendy or not, it is dazzling stuff.” — Sally Schneider
10. “Trendy intellectuals always take action for every cause that’s been in fashion.” — Ray Davies
Trendy Quotes from Designers & Models
These quotes will help you immerse yourself in the world of style and innovation through the creative minds of designers and models shaping the fashion industry.
11. “Building design isn’t trendy.” — Kevin McCloud
12. “Trendy is the last stage before tacky.” — Karl Lagerfeld
13. “I would not invest in any shoe that is too trendy.” — Rachel Roy
14. “I make clothing, and I don’t care about trendy things.” — Issey Miyake
15. “Just because something is trendy doesn’t mean it will suit you.” — John Rocha
16. “It was really important for me to create fun and trendy pieces for the plus-size market.” — Ashley Nell Tipton
17. “What changed our lives forever was when Malcolm had the idea to sell rock ‘n roll records to trendy customers.” — Vivienne Westwood
18. “For my wardrobe, I like to invest in classic pieces and pair them with more trendy new pieces and accessories each season.” — Liya Kebede
19. “People think I only wear new clothes, that I’m very trendy, but I like classic things on me, to mix with a trendy pair of shoes.” — Carine Roitfeld
20. “I always wanted to represent the natural, healthy girl, and I didn’t care if it was cool or trendy to look like you hadn’t eaten in two weeks.” — Marisa Miller
Trendy Quotes from Actors
Explore the allure of the spotlight in Hollywood and beyond with our collection of famous actors’ most quotable trendy quotes.
21. “It’s so cool to be trendy and be flooded with compliments.” — Vikrant Massey
22. “Linen is good because it looks trendy and at the same time it’s very comfortable.” — Akshay Kumar
23. “Being trendy is alright, but clubbing all the trends in one look is a complete no.” — Fawad Khan
24. “I don’t think you last very well in this business if you’re trendy because trends come and go.” — Michael Ball
25. “I don’t think of myself as a trendy person at all, and if I’m anything, I’m probably contrarian.” — Alfred Enoch
26. “I find a lot of young filmmakers make too much of an effort to be trendy, and they can be pretentious.” — Sadie Frost
27. “I like to get a rise out of my mom with what I wear – I always go for the tallest heels or something super trendy.” — Christa B. Allen
28. “I’m really into makeup. I love it! I think it’s so trendy to be like, ‘Oh, I don’t ever wear makeup,’ but it’s super fun, and I’ve always enjoyed it.” — Busy Philipps
29. “It’s okay to wear stylish dresses, but it becomes too much when you try to fit into those 8 or 9 inch heels and women pushing their limits to look trendy.” — Neha Sharma
30. “Fashion is anything which is you and reflects your personality, and if you are comfortable with what you wearing, you’ll look trendy and fashionable for sure.” — Yami Gautam
Trendy Quotes from Musicians
These inspirational trendy quotes provide insight into the brains of creative artists that bring soundscapes to life, evoking feelings and telling tales via music.
31. “I’m not trendy, and I’m not popular.” — Princess Nokia
32. “If you don’t shop smart, you get a little trendy.” — Natalie Cole
33. “I like trendy clothes just like everybody else does.” — Chrisette Michele
34. “If it’s a good song, it doesn’t really matter if it’s trendy or not. It will hit.” — Tablo
35. “If you don’t fit into this kind of like gossipy, trendy, Web-hit thingy, you’re relegated to a sort of second-class celebrity status.” — Billy Corgan
36. “It’s very interesting, the dynamics of popularity. When you do something all the time, you don’t worry about whether it’s trendy or not.” — Taj Mahal
37. “Some music is supposed to be disposable; that’s OK. A lot of music is fun for today, but it isn’t supposed to be timeless; it’s supposed to be trendy.” — Robbie Robertson
38. “My concepts are never bright ideas; they’re never notions I think will sell or be trendy or attract new fans. I don’t think that way. All I can do is sing from my life.” — Janet Jackson
39. “It’s difficult as an artist sometimes. There’s a lot of pressure when it’s your first album. You want to make something that’s meaningful and timeless, not something that’s trendy.” — Kali Uchis
40. “Nothing was a style first. Everything started as an idea. A guy did something with an idea. Someone copied him. Some copied all of them, and it became trendy, and then it became a style.” — Bill Laswell
Not Trendy Quotes
Dive deep into the evergreen insight of these not trendy quotes about avoiding the ebb and flow of popular culture.
41. “I’m not a trendy person; I don’t like to be.” — Violet Chachki
42. “Designing my shoes, I’m thinking timeless. Not trendy.” — Christian Louboutin
43. “Values are not trendy items that are casually traded in.” — Ellen Goodman
44. “I’m 50. And I’m not ever really worried about being trendy.” — Neneh Cherry
45. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy; I’m definitely an individual.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
46. “My style is not trendy by any means; my inner artist loves to shine through in my wardrobe.” — Kat Graham
47. “Being trendy is dangerous. I’ve never been trendy, which is why I’ve never really fallen out of favor.” — David Bailey
48. “I am not trendy. I am not ‘in fashion.’ I am simply a positive human being who has a positive outlook on life.” — Thierry Mugler
49. “I have a particular image, and my customers know my line isn’t going to be so trendy it will be out of style next year.” — Jaclyn Smith
50. “You want everybody to like your work, but when you look at what’s fashionable or trendy, it’s pretty obvious that I don’t exactly fit.” — Steven Van Zandt
Which One of these Trendy Quotes is your Favorite?
In this article, we have tried to offer you the most relevant trendy quotes.
The quotes provided above are selected with a view to offer you the best possible collection.
Hence, you can enjoy reading and sharing your favorite trendy quotes with people around you.
All these quotes are divided into different sections, allowing you to easily go through our list.
If you have found a trendy quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.