The twilight quotes listed below are some of the best possible ones you can find online.
We have carefully selected these quotes to help you find your favorite ones.
You can share the quotes with others and give them a reason to enjoy.
Besides, these quotes give you an idea about this natural phenomenon.
If you are interested in knowing more about twilight, just take a look at the information provided below.
What is Twilight?
Twilight is the time of the day or night when the sun shortly stays below the horizon.
This phenomenon occurs when the refracted sunlight illuminates the lower atmosphere of our earth.
During twilight, you can witness various colors along the horizon.
Twilight has been widely discussed in literature as a beautiful aspect of nature.
You can enjoy this mesmerizing moment in numerous ways, including:
- Arranging a party and inviting your friends
- Choose a spot out of the city to enjoy watching this phenomenon
- You can plan for professional photography of twilight and capture the amazing moments
Types of Twilight
Scientists have divided twilight into three different types including:
- Nautical twilight
- Civil twilight
- Astronomical twilight
Nautical twilight happens when the center of our sun stays between 6 to 12 degrees below our earth’s horizon.
This type of twilight is less bright and you need to switch on your home’s outdoor lights.
Nautical twilight occurring in the morning is known as the ‘Nautical Dawn.
It occurs in the morning when the sun is located 12 degrees below the horizon.
On the other hand, Nautical Dusk occurs during the evening when the sun is located at 12 degrees below the horizon.
This type of twilight happens when the sun is lower than 6 degrees below the horizon.
Civil twilight occurring in the morning is called Civil Dawn.
Civil Dusk occurs in the evening when the sun’s center is 6 degrees below the horizon.
Astronomical Twilight happens when the sun is located between 12 and 18 degrees below the horizon.
This type of twilight is also known as Astronomical Dawn when it occurs in the morning.
Similarly, Astronomical Twilight occurring in the evening is known as the Astronomical Dusk.
During this phenomenon, you can also observe celestial objects.
At this time, a small amount of sunlight is still scattering.
Top 10 twilight quotes
Here is our list of the top 10 best twilight quotes to read.
1. “Twilight fans are great.” ― Chaske Spencer
2. “In the twilight, it was a vision of power.” ― Upton Sinclair
3. “I realize that I’m in the twilight of my career.” ― Michael Chang
4. “Twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star.” ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
5. “My all-time favorite movie ever is definitely the ‘Twilight’ series.” ― Jaden Smith
6. “I like the Twilight series. That was fun.” ― Mitt Romney
7. “Kiss Me. That’s my Twilight tune, a song you’d have on the Twilight soundtrack.” ― Ed Sheeran
8. “I’ve been in the twilight of my career longer than most people have had their career.” ― Martina Navratilova
9. “Twilight, a timid fawn, went glimmering by, and Night, the dark-blue hunter, followed fast.” ― George William Russell
10. “Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.” ― Albert Camus
Deep twilight quotes
These twilight quotes are having some deep meaning inside them to think about.
11. “The past is the beginning of the beginning, and all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn.” ― H. G. Wells
12. “In the cold, shivering twilight, preceding the daybreak of civilization, the dominating emotion of man was fear.” ― Paul P. Harris
13. “If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together, and you shall sing me a deeper song.” ― Kahlil Gibran
14. “Twilight – a time of pause when nature changes her guard. All living things would fade and die from too much light or too much dark if twilight were not.” ― Howard Thurman
15. “The Twilight Zone wasn’t around with the kids. They think going up in space is neat. Within their lifetime, there will be paying passengers on the shuttle.” ― Christa McAuliffe
16. “For age is opportunity no less Than youth itself, though in another dress, And as the evening twilight fades away, The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
17. “All action takes place, so to speak, in a kind of twilight, which like a fog or moonlight, often tends to make things seem grotesque and larger than they really are.” ― Carl von Clausewitz
18. “You cannot, in human experience, rush into the light. You have to go through the twilight into the broadening day before the noon comes and the full sun is upon the landscape.” ― Woodrow Wilson
19. “Twilight has a supernatural reference to it with werewolves and vampires. Harry Potter has magic. The Hunger Games is about real people put into extreme situations and circumstances.” ― Isabelle Fuhrman
20. “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Twilight quotes with nostalgic vibes
Below are the twilight quotes with some nostalgia to experience and feel excited by memories.
21. “I was a huge ‘Star Trek’ fan. I loved the Twilight Zone growing up. In the future, I hope to create some thoughtful, sci-fi drama.” ― Seth MacFarlane
22. “Twilight is about getting older and relationships – not about a murder mystery. It’s about love when you reach a certain age; nothing is in primary colors.” ― Robert Benton
23. “What is ironic is that Allen Ginsberg’s importance was in its twilight for so many years that it took his death to bring it to the front page. He electrified an entire world!” ― Rita Dove
24. “The sunlight ranges over the universe, and at incarnation, we step out of it into the twilight of the body, and see but dimly during the period of our incarceration; at death, we step out of prison again into the sunlight, and are nearer to the reality.” ― Annie Besant
25. “Few in the Nineties would have ventured to prophesy that the remote dim singer of the Celtic Twilight would, in a new age, become the leading poet of the English-speaking world. None have disputed the claim of William Butler Yeats to that title.” ― Austin Clarke
26. “People who played action video games have better vision in the sort of conditions where there is not much contrast. It can make all the difference when driving at dusk, or in fog, in being able, for instance, to see a dog crossing the road in the twilight.” ― Daphne Bavelier
27. “Mother believed that I should have an enormous amount of sleep, and so I was never really tired when I went to bed. This was the best time of day, when I could lie in the vague twilight, drifting off to sleep, making up dreams inside my head the way they should go.” ― Sylvia Plath
28. “Filming Eclipse – Eclipse was my favorite book, so I was really excited to start filming the movie. I just love that it’s the height of the love triangle. ‘Twilight’ develops Edward and Bella’s relationship, ‘New Moon’ develops Jacob and Bella’s, and in ‘Eclipse,’ the three of them are physically together.” ― Taylor Lautner
29. “I wanted to play piano in restaurants in the south of France. I went there on holiday once, and I saw this guy playing in an old tuxedo. He was all disheveled, with a whisky glass on the piano. I thought that was the coolest thing. So what’s happened to me with ‘Twilight’ isn’t really what I’d planned.” ― Robert Pattinson
30. “I wish to spend my life’s twilight being just who I am. I could claim noble reasons as coming out in order to move gay rights forward, but I must admit it is for far more selfish reasons. Now is the time I wish to find someone, and I do not desire to force any potential partner to live a life of extreme discretion with me.” ― David Ogden Stiers
Twilight quotes that are impactful
These twilight quotes are filled with meaningful words that leave a strong impact
31. “You could do a hundred projects and still not have the fans that are there for Twilight.” ― Kellan Lutz
32. “Twilight is a phenomenon. And I’m so happy it’s all captured on film. It’s going to be something I’ll always look back on, for sure.” ― Ashley Greene
33. “We live in a twilight sort of world where, unfortunately, the perception of the seriousness of abortion – has grown progressively obscured in the minds of many of our contemporaries.” ― Sean Brady
34. “Twilight was about a naive person who knew nothing of a certain world, basically discovering that this world existed and totally being indoctrinated into it and falling in love with a vampire, which is interesting.” ― Mark Waters
35. “We approached Athens from the north in early twilight, climbing a hill. When we reached its peak, we were dazzled to look down and see the Acropolis struck by one beam of the setting sun as if posing for a picture.” ― Donald Hall
36. “For me, the triad of ‘Harry Potter,’ the ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘Twilight’ feature strong women, and as a declared feminist, it’s a wonderful thing. These women have really opened up this particular world of storytelling, which I’m very grateful for.” ― Cassandra Clare
37. “New York publishing is about, ‘What’s the next Harry Potter? What’s the next Twilight? When I’ve approached people, I’ve asked, What is the book you’ve been dying to do, but New York won’t do?’ I want the books that they think won’t sell – because I think they will.” ― Marissa Moss
38. “I really hope everyone who saw Twilight sees Warm Bodies but at the same time… I don’t resent the comparison on a level of quality because I don’t judge other movies like that. Now that I make movies, I see how hard it is to do everything. I pretty much love all movies.” ― Jonathan Levine
39. “Comedy is so subjective. You could be in a room with 400 people laughing at a joke, and you could just not think it’s funny. You’re just sitting there like, Am I in the twilight zone? Why is everyone laughing?’ It’s such a personal thing. People have such a personal, visceral response to comedy.” ― Todd Phillips
40. “The most dangerous part of the race is early evening and especially early morning. It’s the twilight zone. Either you’re going into darkness, and the sun is dropping down, or you’re coming out of the darkness, and the sun is coming up. At the same time, you’ve got new drivers coming in and feeling their way around the circuit.” ― Allan McNish
More twilight quotes
Following are some bonus twilight quotes with multiple themes.
41. “Stephenie Meyer said she’s ready to move on from Twilight, but you never know.” ― Catherine Hardwicke
42. “The more kind of head trippy sci-fi. I always like that. I was a big Twilight Zone freak.” ― Ethan Hawke
43. “Each of the CDs prior to ‘Flirting With Twilight’ were more like roller-coaster rides.” ― Kurt Elling
44. “The great thing about the story of Twilight, or the story of I Am Number Four’ is that you get to deal with real issues of identity and what people are going through and the choice of who you’re going to be, but it’s all large.” ― Marti Noxon
45. “Human divisions would be child’s play for any reasonably competent alien overlord to exploit – check the masterful Twilight Zone episode ‘The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street’ for an example of how that might play out.” ― Nick Sagan
46. “By the middle of the century, retirement culture – exemplified by timeshares in Florida, the golf industry, and AARP membership – was booming. Americans, it turned out, were pretty good at figuring out how not to do anything in their twilight years.” ― Mary Pilon
47. “My career progressed slowly. Real slow at a time. The irony of it was I had the best part of my career between when I was 45 and 49 years old. That’s when most people are in their twilight, waiting to get to the Champions Tour. And that’s when I made most of my hay.” ― Fred Funk
48. “As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such a twilight that we all must be most aware of the change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” ― William O. Douglas
49. “I want to act for the rest of my life – and I also want to pursue directing. Watching Bill Condon direct Twilight kind of made me think, OK yeah, I really want to do this now. This idea that you can make an image in your head and be in full control of how it comes out – I thought that was really cool.” ― Mackenzie Foy
50. “I always say that characters must drive plots, never the reverse. Writing about large-scale events creates the risk that the scope of the events themselves can overwhelm the characters. I emphatically do not want that. That was the only trepidation I felt when I started The Twilight War.” ― Paul S. Kemp
51. “The California tract houses are like the mundane meeting the mystical. Sometimes if you’re driving at twilight, and you see those houses, and they’re starting to light up, there’s something so beautiful, so ethereal about the fact that they’re all pretty similar, set against this desert landscape and the light just hitting them a certain way.” ― Zal Batmanglij
Which of these twilight quotes is your favorite?
These quotes are arranged into different sections, allowing you to find your favorites easily.
You can find a nice collection of quotes under each section.
By going through these quotes, you can discover how amazing twilight can be, especially when accompanied by a loved one.
If you find these twilight quotes worthy of sharing, let others enjoy them by sharing them via social media.
You can also leave a comment in the section below.