If you are looking for the best cocktail quotes, you have landed at the right place.
Cocktails are perfect drinks for organizing a party.
They go great with celebrations and hanging out with friends and family.
Below you’ll find a variety of cocktail quotes about parties, drinks, films, culture, etc.
But before heading to the quotes, let’s first discuss how you can make your cocktail party more entertaining and appealing.
How to Organize a Cocktail Party?
Organizing a cocktail party is not a big deal.
One has to plan everything properly.
Here are the steps to organize a successful cocktail party.
- Decide date and venue
- Send invitations to guests
- Cocktails and beverages
- Decoration and entertainment
Decide Date and Venue
The first and most essential step is to decide the date and venue for the party.
The date should be chosen at the guests’ convenience and preferably on the weekend.
A cocktail party can be organized in a good way at home, but you can also do it in hotels and restaurants.
Send Invitations to Guests
Make your guests list and then send invitations to them to join your cocktail party.
Invite them in a good manner by sending invitation cards or by calling to make your party memorable.
Cocktails and Beverages
Cocktails are the most essential element of cocktail parties.
You can add different cocktails to your menu and have various drinks.
You can serve guests cocktails or serve them different drinks so they can mix themselves and enjoy.
Also, keep non-alcoholic cocktails or cocktails for those who do not drink alcohol.
Decoration and Entertainment
Cocktail parties are formal occasions, so decorate the venue for a better view.
Use flowers, candles, and lighting to provide a pleasant environment for guests.
Play soothing music in the background so guests can have a good conversation and mingle.
Now, let’s come to the main section that will provide you with the best quotes about cocktails.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of party quotes to remind you that life’s a party.
Top 10 Cocktail Quotes
Here are some of the best cocktail quotes for you to enjoy.
1. “Everybody likes a good cocktail.” — Cynthia Bailey
2. “Cocktail music is accepted as audible wallpaper.” — Alistair Cooke
3. “My father found cocktail parties challenging.” — Justin Trudeau
4. “A cocktail done right can really show your guests that you care.” — Danny Meyer
5. “If there is a specialty cocktail I enjoy, it’s the Moscow mule.” — Scott Michael Foster
6. “We had cocktail parties and I’d stay up until 5 in the morning.” — Dorothy Malone
7. “Memorial services are the cocktail parties of the geriatric set.” — Harold MacMillan
8. “There is something urbane, stylish, and worldly about owning a cocktail shaker.” — Roger Stone
9. “A cocktail and an oyster is an awfully good thing after a park, especially one close to water.” — Chris Thile
10. “I got my first blockbuster break for the movie ‘Cocktail,’ where I sang ‘Second Hand Jawani.’” — Neha Kakkar
Cocktail Quotes About Parties
Cocktail parties are on the minds of most people. These quotes are proven to motivate one to cocktail parties.
11. “I don’t view Twitter as a promotional tool but as a really, really, really cool cocktail party.” — Kurt Busiek
12. “My late husband’s family is not something I sit around and discuss at cocktail parties.” — Carole Radziwill
13. “A simple leather jacket… has gotten me through cocktail parties in New York and cold nights in Afghanistan.” — Ronan Farrow
14. “Cocktail parties for me can be nerve-racking. The brevity of conversations, the number of them – it’s not my sweet spot.” — MacKenzie Scott
15. “I am not someone who likes cocktail parties or large dinner parties, but I have to attend them often. I much prefer very small dinners with close friends.” — Tom Ford
16. “With the exception of an occasional cocktail party with friends, my holiday entertaining mostly centers around smaller get-togethers with family.” — Ree Drummond
17. “But I have had to give up certain things in my life. One is shopping. Two is lunch with the girls. Three is cocktail parties, and four is studying my lines.” — Joan Collins
18. “The truth is I hate cocktail parties when the only person I know is my supposed date, and he abandons me the minute we come in the door.” — Mary Higgins Clark
19. “I’m a social cripple in a cocktail party. My idea of a nightmare is people standing very elegantly dressed in a room with a drink in their hand. I’m just like, ‘Urghh!’” — Arundhati Roy
20. “The truth was, I never liked the rose ceremonies. The cocktail parties beforehand are also difficult as there is so much stress and nervousness that’s put on everyone.” — Andi Dorfman
Cocktail Quotes About Culture
Below are some cocktail quotes that give some cultural messages.
21. “I don’t think ‘Cocktail’ was a perfect critical success, but it touched a vein in our culture.” — Elisabeth Shue
22. “Civilization is a youth with a molotov cocktail in his hand. Culture is the Soviet tank or L.A. cop that guns him down.” — Edward Abbey
23. “In the 1930s, anyone of any sophisticated status owned a cocktail shaker. Distinctive ones are easy to find.” — Roger Stone
24. “A grenade launcher will easily take out a tank; a Molotov cocktail placed in its air intake will destroy one as well.” — Sebastian Junger
25. “Something about glamour interested me. All my schoolbooks had drawings of women on terraces with a cocktail and a cigarette.” — Bill Blass
26. “It took me years to eat a lot of shellfish. I was probably 20 years old before I had even seen a shrimp cocktail. I like oysters, but fried.” — Dolly Parton
27. “If you were to ask me if I’d ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I’d have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead.” — Luis Bunuel
28. “Who doesn’t love digging into a plate of crab cakes or going after a chilled cracked crab with crab cracker, cocktail fork, and a plastic bib for protection?” — Tom Douglas
29. “My dad never blew anything up, but he probably had friends who did. He and my mom have always preached that the pen is mightier than a Molotov cocktail.” — Joseph Gordon-Levitt
30. “Provocations are like a Molotov cocktail. They only work one time out of ten, but when it works, it can also be dangerous for the arm that is throwing it. It’s the price that has to be paid.” — Maurizio Cattelan
Cocktail Quotes About Drinks
The cocktail is a famous drink all over the world. These cocktail quotes are just as famous.
31. “My favorite bar in New York City is called Milk and Honey, a great cocktail bar.” — Chris Thile
33. “Aside from the martini, the mint julep may be the most iconic cocktail in America.” — Jonathan Miles
33. “Mix one part Denzel Washington and two parts Eva Mendes and you have a nice hot cocktail.” — Dean Cain
34. “A cocktail can be made by the bartender. But the cocktail also can be made by the chef.” — Jose Andres
35. “As far as a cocktail, I do like good wines, basically with meals, and good champagnes.” — Bobby Sherman
36. “I don’t look like someone who leans on a mantelpiece with a cocktail in my hand, you know.” — Charles Bronson
37. “I have not been a big fan of very sweet drinks, although the Manhattan cocktail is a favorite of mine.” — Andrew W.K.
38. “Nothing like stopping at Balthazar in between NYFW madness. Their shrimp cocktail is delicious and healthy.” — Denise Bidot
39. “Never trust any complicated cocktail that remains perfectly clear until the last ingredient goes in, and then immediately clouds.” — Terry Pratchett
40. “I was the cocktail waitress, and Sandra Bullock was the host, and this guy came in and persuaded me to try improv with Gotham City Improv.” — Jennifer Coolidge
Cocktail Quotes About Films
Cocktail quotes are also used for films by various actors. Enjoy these quotes by famous actors.
41. “I was really into ‘Cocktail’ when I was younger – probably the most – followed by ‘Top Gun.’” — Cobie Smulders
42. “Writing a novel is not method acting and I find it easy to step out of it at cocktail hour.” — Bret Easton Ellis
43. “Other people’s films are like a cocktail, a little alcohol with water and juice. My films are like pure vodka.” — Jiang When
44. “I can think of many reasonable excuses for needing a cocktail, but Cinco De Mayo is always a no-brainer.” — Rachel Hollis
45. “That first play I did in New York, Rogelio Martinez’s ‘When It’s Cocktail Time in Cuba,’ I played a young Fideld Castro.” — Oscar Isaac
46. “I’m a huge fan of Richard Curtis – there’s real grief, real compassion in his films as well as cheekiness; it’s a wonderful cocktail.” — Susanne Bier
47. “I changed it to Leslie Hill, only that seemed more like a cocktail pianist. Eventually, being an admirer of Jack Benny, I took his name.” — Benny Hill
48. “Cocktail’ happened overnight for me. I didn’t have the time to think about it, I suddenly got into films without even realising what I was doing.” — Diana Penty
49. “My character in ‘Cocktail’ was different from my personality. Homi Adajania took me to London, showed me how girls dress and behave there. I had not seen that kind of lifestyle before.” — Deepika Padukone
50. “I was born and brought up in South Mumbai. My father, Jagdeep, is a businessman and a Sindhi. My mother is half Brit and half-Muslim. I am thus a cocktail of mixed blood. From the time I remember, I wanted to be an actress.” — Kiara Advani
Which Cocktail Quote Pumped you to Organize a Cocktail Party?
Cocktail quotes are usually used for cocktail parties.
Hopefully, these quotes motivate you to organize glamorous cocktail parties for family and friends.
The above quotes give lots of ideas and information about cocktails to be included in a cocktail party.
The quotes present a better idea of hosting and organizing these cocktail parties.
So, please share with us which of the above cocktail quotes and sayings made you organize a cocktail party.
December 16, 2022 7:03 AM EST