If you’re in search of a collection of Kahlil Gibran quotes, we’ve gathered some of the best ones full of wisdom and inspiration for you to enjoy.
Kahlil Gibran is one of the most underrated artists of all time. He left a significant impact on society, especially in counterculture circles.
Throughout his life, Gibran was a writer, poet, and painter. Gibran was a brilliant bohemian artist, and as a result, Kahlil Gibran quotes are full of meaning and wisdom.
He was an admirable and dignified man and can serve as a role model to anyone looking to find their own success in life.
Though his art has grown in popularity over the years Gibran is mostly known for his writing, particularly for a book called The Prophet. He is the third best-selling poet of all time. He is behind Shakespeare and Laozi.
The Prophet is a collection of poetic essays that talk about deep topics such as death and spirituality. It has sold over 100 million copies, making it one of the bestselling books of all time.
The Prophet may be short, but it is full of wisdom. This is why Kahlil Gibran quotes are so valued. His brief prose is extremely powerful. Many people consider The Prophet life-changing.
Considering all his success, it’s amazing how humble Kahlil Gibran was during his life. He was known for being soft spoken and kept a relatively small profile relative to his level of success.
Gibran died at the age of 48 due to cirrhosis of the liver. This was a tragic and sudden end to an incredible life. He requested that he be buried in Lebanon, and luckily his request was carried out.
After he died he left behind hundreds of letters and other writings that were not published during his lifetime.
These letters and other writings allow us to further probe the mind of a truly brilliant man. These posthumously released writings were studied by scholars and the common people alike.
They allowed people to better understand his genius. He is so popular because though his words of wisdom are deep they still apply to everyday life.
It’s not surprising that many teenagers report that The Prophet is one of their favorite books; the book’s lessons and enlightenment apply to all ages.
Kahlil Gibran quotes are timeless. This man was enlightened. Gibran was an incredible man that excelled in everything that he did. His paintings and writings have preceded him and resulted in a prestigious legacy.
Also check out our collection of quotes on karma that will inspire to stay on the right path.
Wise Kahlil Gibran Quotes About Life
1. “One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.” Kahlil Gibran
2. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
3. “Every man loves two women; the one is the creation of his imagination and the other is not yet born.” – Kahlil Gibran
4. “Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.” – Kahlil Gibran
5. “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Kahlil Gibran
6. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” – Kahlil Gibran
7. “God made Truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.” – Kahlil Gibran
8. “I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.” – Kahlil Gibran
9. “If indeed you must be candid, be candid beautifully.” – Kahlil Gibran
10. “If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember.” – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran Quotes About Love
11. “If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.” – Kahlil Gibran
12. “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” – Kahlil Gibran
13. “If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.” – Kahlil Gibran
14. “In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate in announcing the truth is presenting half-truth. He conceals the other half out of fear of the people’s wrath.” – Kahlil Gibran
15. “In the sweetness of friendship; let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Kahlil Gibran
16. “It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran
17. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Kahlil Gibran
18. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
19. “Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.” – Kahlil Gibran
20. “Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran quotes to elevate your mind
21. “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” – Kahlil Gibran
22. “Say not, ‘I have found the truth,’ but rather, ‘I have found a truth.” – Kahlil Gibran
23. “The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
24. “The lights of stars that were extinguished ages ago still reaches us. So it is with great men who died centuries ago, but still reach us with the radiations of their personalities.” – Kahlil Gibran
25. “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.” – Kahlil Gibran
26. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” – Kahlil Gibran
27. “To be able to look back upon one’s life in satisfaction, is to live twice.” – Kahlil Gibran
28. “To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do.” – Kahlil Gibran
29. “When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Kahlil Gibran
30. “Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of your poem.” – Kahlil Gibran
Khalil Gibran quotes that will make you think
31. “Yesterday is but today’s memory, tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Kahlil Gibran
32. “Your friend is your needs answered.” – Kahlil Gibran
33. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Kahlil Gibran
34. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”― Kahlil Gibran
35. “We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.” – Kahlil Gibran
36. “Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.”― Kahlil Gibran
37. “He who listens to truth is not less than he who utters truth.” – Kahlil Gibran
38. “When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.”― Kahlil Gibrán
39. “Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.” – Kahlil Gibran
40. “One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s Maker and no one else’s.”― Kahlil Gibran
More Kahlil Gibran Quotes
41. “You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts.” – Kahlil Gibran
42. “Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, that we may record our emptiness.” – Kahlil Gibran
43. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” – Kahlil Gibran
44. “I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.” – Kahlil Gibran
45. “Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.” – Kahlil Gibran
46. “The timeless in you is aware of life’s timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Kahlil Gibran
47. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Kahlil Gibran
48. “Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.” – Kahlil Gibran
49. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Kahlil Gibran
50. “Is not the truth of man as shown by you, but what can not be shown to you, so if you want to know do not listen to what he says , but to what Aicolh.” – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran quotes to contemplate on
51. “When you love you should not think you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.” ― Kahlil Gibran
52. “Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost.” ― Kahlil Gibran
53. “And God said “Love Your Enemy,” and I obeyed him and loved myself.” ― Kahlil Gibran
54. “Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.” ― Kahlil Gibran
55. “Much of your pain is self-chosen.” ― Kahlil Gibran
56. “We are all prisoners but some of us are in cells with windows and some without.” ― Kahlil Gibran
57. “There is a space between man’s imagination and man’s attainment that may only be traversed by his longing.” ― Kahlil Gibran
58. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” ― Kahlil Gibran
59. “When life does not find a singer to sing her heart she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.” ― Kahlil Gibran
60. “Desire is half of life; indifference is half of death.” ― Kahlil Gibran
Which Kahlil Gibran Quotes did we miss?
Do you have any other quotes to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 17, 2022 5:00 AM EST