Kahlil Gibran Quotes Full of Wisdom and Inspiration
Allow these lovely Khalil Gibran quotes to imprint their infinite wisdom on you.
April 11, 2023 5:00 AM EST
If you’re in search of a collection of Kahlil Gibran quotes, we’ve gathered some of the best ones full of wisdom and inspiration for you to enjoy.
Let us know which one was your favorite in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
In a survey conducted by the literary website Goodreads, Kahlil Gibran was voted one of the world’s most quoted authors.
The survey highlights his quotes on love, life, and spirituality as being among the most popular.
Kahlil Gibran is one of the most underrated artists of all time.
He left a significant impact on society, especially in counterculture circles.
Gibran was a Lebanese-American writer, poet, and painter.
He was born on January 6, 1883, in Lebanon but immigrated with his mother and siblings to the United States in 1895.
Gibran was a brilliant bohemian artist, and as a result, his quotes are full of meaning and wisdom.
He was an admirable and dignified man and can serve as a Role Model to anyone looking to find their own success in life.
Though his art has grown in popularity over the years Gibran is mostly known for his writing, particularly for a book called The Prophet.
He is the third best-selling poet of all time.
He is behind Shakespeare and Laozi.
The Prophet is a collection of poetic essays that talk about deep topics such as death and spirituality.
It has sold over 100 million copies, making it one of the bestselling books of all time.
The Prophet may be short, but it is full of wisdom.
Many people consider it life-changing.
Considering all his success, it’s amazing how humble Kahlil Gibran was during his life.
He was known for being soft-spoken and kept a relatively small profile relative to his level of success.
Gibran died at the age of 48 due to cirrhosis of the liver.
This was a tragic and sudden end to an incredible life.
He requested that he be buried in Lebanon, and luckily his request was carried out.
After he died, he left behind hundreds of letters and other writings that were not published during his lifetime.
These letters and other writings allow us to further probe the mind of a truly brilliant man.
These posthumously released writings were studied by scholars and the common people alike.
They allowed people to better understand his genius.
Though his words of wisdom are deep, they still apply to everyday life.
Also check out our collection of quotes on karma that will inspire you to stay on the right path.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Wise Kahlil Gibran Quotes About Life
According to the research team at Oxford University, Kahlil Gibran’s quotes profoundly impact people’s emotional well-being and personal growth.
Many individuals cite his words as a source of comfort and motivation during difficult times.
1. “Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on karma quotes.
2. “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on Phoenix quotes.
3. “If indeed you must be candid, be candid beautifully.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on laughter quotes.
4. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on sea quotes.
5. “Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on Valerie Jarrett quotes.
6. “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational faith quotes and sayings.
7. “Say not, ‘I have found the truth,’ but rather, ‘I have found a truth.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on role model quotes.
8. “The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on river quotes.
9. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on Mother’s Day quotes.
10. “To be able to look back upon one’s life in satisfaction, is to live twice.” – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran quotes that will change the way you think
The University of Michigan conducted a study on the impact of Kahlil Gibran’s quotes on mental health.
The study found that reading his quotes can reduce stress and anxiety levels in individuals.
11. “If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on self reflection quotes.
12. “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on light quotes.
13. “If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on sunflower quotes.
14. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on healing quotes.
15. “Yesterday is but today’s memory, tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Kahlil Gibran
16. “It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran
17. “Your friend is your needs answered.” – Kahlil Gibran
18. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
19. “If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember.” – Kahlil Gibran
20. “Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran quotes to elevate your mind
The poetry genre, to which much of Gibran’s work belongs, is read by 12% of adults in the United States, as revealed by a survey on reading habits.
This indicates that Gibran’s works have the potential to reach a significant portion of the adult population who appreciate this literary form.
21. “One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.” Kahlil Gibran
22. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
23. “Every man loves two women; the one is the creation of his imagination and the other is not yet born.” – Kahlil Gibran
24. “We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.” – Kahlil Gibran
25. “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.” – Kahlil Gibran
Khalil Gibran Quotes To Keep You Going
According to a recent study, 65% of respondents felt that reading literature, such as Gibran’s writings, has helped them better understand the experiences and perspectives of others.
This demonstrates the power of literature to foster empathy and connection among people from different walks of life.
26. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” ― Khalil Gibran
27. “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ― Khalil Gibran
28. “We are limited, not by our abilities, but by our vision.” ― Khalil Gibran
29. “How beautiful to find a heart that loves you, without asking you for anything, but to be okay.” ― Khalil Gibran
30. “Keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life.” ― Khalil Gibran
31. “If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightning.” ― Khalil Gibran
32. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” ― Khalil Gibran
33. “All things in this vast universe exist in you, with you, and for you.” ― Khalil Gibran
34. “You may forget with whom you laughed, but you will never forget with whom you wept.” ― Khalil Gibran
35. “When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” ― Khalil Gibran
Khalil Gibran Quotes About Love
Khalil Gibran’s works have been cited in over 20,000 scholarly articles and publications, attesting to their impact on academia and intellectual discourse.
This level of engagement highlights the enduring relevance of his ideas and writings in various fields of study.
36.”Love and doubt have never been on speaking terms.” — Khalil Gibran
37. “When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things, even in the eyes that are blind to beauty.” — Khalil Gibran
38. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” — Khalil Gibran
39. “Passionate love is a quenchless thirst.” — Khalil Gibran
40. “Happiness is a vine that takes root and grows within the heart, never outside it.” — Khalil Gibran
41. “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” — Khalil Gibran
42. “Love that does not renew itself every day becomes a habit and in turn a slavery.” — Khalil Gibran
43. “Lovers embrace that which is between them rather than each other.” — Khalil Gibran
44. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” — Khalil Gibran
45. “Beauty is that which attracts your soul, and that which loves to give and not to receive.” — Khalil Gibran
Khalil Gibran Quotes To Fill You With Wisdom
According to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology, reading inspirational quotes can lead to positive changes in mood and well-being.
Khalil Gibran’s wise words can inspire readers to reflect on their lives, find meaning and purpose, and gain a new perspective on life’s challenges.
46. “The true wealth of a nation lies not in it’s gold or silver but in it’s learning, wisdom and in the uprightness of its sons.” ― Khalil Gibran
47. “Only love and death will change all things.” ― Khalil Gibran
48. “I discovered the secret of the sea in meditation upon a dewdrop.” ― Khalil Gibran
49. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” ― Khalil Gibran
50. “The nearest to my heart are a king without a kingdom and a poor man who does not know how to beg.” ― Khalil Gibran
51. “Men who do not forgive women their little faults will never enjoy their great virtues.” ― Khalil Gibran
52. “I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.” ― Khalil Gibran
53. “Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.” ― Khalil Gibran
54. “Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.” ― Khalil Gibran
55. “Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” ― Khalil Gibran
Which Kahlil Gibran Quotes did we miss?
It’s not surprising that many teenagers report that The Prophet is one of their favorite books; the book’s lessons and enlightenment apply to all ages.
Kahlil Gibran’s quotes are timeless.
This man was enlightened.
Gibran was an incredible man that excelled in everything that he did.
His paintings and writings have preceded him and resulted in a prestigious legacy.
Do you have any other quotes to add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.
October 17, 2022 at 5:25 PM
Your children are not your children.
December 12, 2021 at 10:25 AM
This is vague in my memory:
“How long the road is….
But how you have needed every
mile of it in order to learn what the road
September 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM
August 2, 2021 at 5:05 AM
I am glad that you and I are here to hear, and see, and be. And I am more than glad that you are you. How lonely I would be if you were not.
March 29, 2021 at 5:40 AM
Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost.
October 1, 2020 at 4:23 PM
“We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.”
December 4, 2019 at 3:58 PM
The quote about “pain opening the shell of one’s life”
December 7, 2018 at 2:41 PM
To lie in bed and sleep not, to wait for one who comes not and to try and please and please not