Khalil Gibran is one of the most underrated artists of all time. He left a significant impact on society, especially in counterculture circles. If you’re in search of a collection of Khalil Gibran quotes, we’ve gathered 30 of the best ones full of wisdom and inspiration for you to enjoy.
Throughout his life, Gibran was a writer, poet, and painter. Gibran was a brilliant bohemian artist, and as a result, Khalil Gibran quotes are full of meaning and wisdom. He was an admirable and dignified man, and can serve as role model to anyone looking to find their own success in life.
Though his art has grown in popularity over the years Gibran is mostly known for his writing, particularly for a book called The Prophet. He is the third best-selling poet of all time. He is behind Shakespeare and Laozi. The Prophet is a collection of poetic essays that talk about deep topics such as death and spirituality. It has sold over 100 million copies, making it one of the bestselling books of all time.
The Prophet may be short, but it is full of wisdom. This is why Khalil Gibran quotes are so valued. His brief prose is extremely powerful. Many people consider The Prophet life-changing.
Considering all his success, it’s amazing how humble Khalil Gibran was during his life. He was known for being soft spoken and kept a relatively small profile relative to his level of success.
Gibran died at the age of 48 due to cirrhosis of the liver. This was a tragic and sudden end to an incredible life. He requested that he be buried in Lebanon, and luckily his request was carried out. After he died he left behind hundreds of letters and other writings that were not published during his lifetime.
These letters and other writings allow us to further probe the mind of a truly brilliant man. These posthumously released writings were studied by scholars and the common people alike. They allowed people to better understand his genius. He is so popular because though his words of wisdom are deep they are still apply to everyday life. It’s not surprising that many teenagers report that The Prophet is one of their favorite books; the books lessons and enlightenment apply to all ages.
Khalil Gibran quotes are timeless. This man was enlightened. Gibran was an incredible man that excelled in everything that he did. His paintings and writings have preceded him and resulted in a prestigious legacy.
Also check out our collection of quotes on karma that will inspire to stay on the right path.
Wise Khalil Gibran Quotes About Life
1. “One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.” Khalil Gibran
2. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
3. “Every man loves two women; the one is the creation of his imagination and the other is not yet born.” – Khalil Gibran
4. “Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.” – Khalil Gibran
5. “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Khalil Gibran
6. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” – Khalil Gibran
7. “God made Truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.” – Khalil Gibran
8. “I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.” – Khalil Gibran
9. “If indeed you must be candid, be candid beautifully.” – Khalil Gibran
10. “If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember.” – Khalil Gibran
Khalil Gibran Quotes About Love
11. “If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.” – Khalil Gibran
12. “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” – Khalil Gibran
13. “If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.” – Khalil Gibran
14. “In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate in announcing the truth is presenting half-truth. He conceals the other half out of fear of the people’s wrath.” – Khalil Gibran
15. “In the sweetness of friendship; let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran
16. “It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
17. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
18. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
19. “Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.” – Khalil Gibran
20. “Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” – Khalil Gibran
Khalil Gibran quotes to elevate your mind
21. “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” – Khalil Gibran
22. “Say not, ‘I have found the truth,’ but rather, ‘I have found a truth.” – Khalil Gibran
23. “The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.” – Khalil Gibran
24. “The lights of stars that were extinguished ages ago still reaches us. So it is with great men who died centuries ago, but still reach us with the radiations of their personalities.” – Khalil Gibran
25. “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.” – Khalil Gibran
26. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” – Khalil Gibran
27. “To be able to look back upon one’s life in satisfaction, is to live twice.” – Khalil Gibran
28. “To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do.” – Khalil Gibran
29. “When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Khalil Gibran
30. “Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of your poem.” – Khalil Gibran
Khalil Gibran quotes that will make you think
31. “Yesterday is but today’s memory, tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Khalil Gibran
32. “Your friend is your needs answered.” – Khalil Gibran
33. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Khalil Gibran
34. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”― Kahlil Gibran
35. “We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.” – Kahlil Gibran
36. “Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.”― Kahlil Gibran
37. “He who listens to truth is not less than he who utters truth.” – Kahlil Gibran
38. “When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.”― Kahlil Gibrán
39. “Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.” – Kahlil Gibran
40. “One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s Maker and no one else’s.”― Kahlil Gibran
More Khalil Gibran Quotes
41. “You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts.” – Kahlil Gibran
42. “Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, that we may record our emptiness.” – Kahlil Gibran
43. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” – Kahlil Gibran
44. “I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.” – Kahlil Gibran
45. “Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.” – Khalil Gibran
46. “The timeless in you is aware of life’s timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Khalil Gibran
47. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
48. “Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.” – Khalil Gibran
49. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Kahlil Gibran
50. “Is not the truth of man as shown by you, but what can not be shown to you, so if you want to know do not listen to what he says , but to what Aicolh.” – Khalil Gibran
Which Khalil Gibran Quotes did we miss?
Do you have any other quotes to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 24, 2021 6:00 AM EST