These yummy chocolate quotes are delightful and delectable. They are guaranteed to make you crave dessert.
Chocolate is one of the most universally beloved flavors around the globe. People love to eat chocolate in cakes, cookies, candies, ice cream, and more. Sometimes chocolate can even be used in savory dishes, like mole.
Do you have a sweet tooth for chocolate?
Read the delicious chocolate quotes below to gain a new appreciation for this sweet treat.
Chocolate is a luxury created from roasted and ground cacao seeds. There are many different varieties of the tasty treat, including white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate.
This collection of sweet sayings and wise words will have your mouth watering. Indulge in the finer things in life and treat your taste buds to something good. Share these incredible chocolate quotes with someone you love to activate their sweet tooth.
Don’t forget to also read these healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Chocolate quotes that will get you drooling
1. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
2. “Nice memories are like chocolate: you can’t survive on them alone, as they aren’t very filling, but they make life sweeter.” – Janine Weger
3. “Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces.” – Judith Viorst
4. “Chocolate is happiness that you can eat.” – Ursula Kohaupt
5. “Chocolate symbolizes, as does no other food, luxury, comfort, sensuality, gratification, and love.” – Karl Petzke
6. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
7. “Life is like chocolate: you should enjoy it piece for piece and let it slowly melt on your tongue.” – Nina Sandmann
8. “Without pain, how could we know joy?’ This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.” – John Green
9. “Don’t think that chocolate is a substitute for love! Love is a substitute for chocolate.” – Miranda Ingram
10. “Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty. Chocolate isn’t like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good.” – Lora Brody
Delightful and delectable chocolate quotes
11. “Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.” – Joanne Harris
12. “Chocolate says ‘I’m sorry’ so much better than words.” – Rachel Vincent
13. “The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare … neither knew chocolate.” – Sandra Boynton
14. “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” – Fernando Pessoa
15. “I was like a chocolate in a box, looking well behaved and perfect in place, all the while harboring a secret center.” – Deb Caletti
16. “When we don’t have the words chocolate can speak volumes.” – Joan Bauer
17. “Every now and then, I’ll run into someone who claims not to like chocolate, and while we live in a country where everyone has the right to eat what they want, I want to say for the record that I don’t trust these people, that I think something is wrong with them, and that they’re probably ― and this must be said ― total duds in bed.” – Steve Almond
18. “Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world’s perfect food.” – Michael Levine
19. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed, and puts them in your debt.” – Judith Olney
20. “Sometimes a girl’s gotta have some chocolate!” – Carrie Underwood
Chocolate quotes to gain a new appreciation for this sweet treat
21. “My wife said, ‘Take me in your arms and whisper something soft and sweet.’ I said, ‘chocolate fudge.’” – Tommy Cooper
22. “May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is … Chocolate.” – Geraldine Solon
23. “Even a small amount of dark chocolate can be exquisitely satisfying if you meditate on it.” – Dean Ornish
24. “I never met a chocolate I could not eat.” – Danielle Steel
25. “It was like having a box of chocolates shut in the bedroom drawer. Until the box was empty it occupied the mind too much.” – Graham Greene
26. “Chocolate is like my best friend and the most intense pleasure at the same time, perhaps not the most intense, but the most regular and reliable one.” – Chloe Doutre-Roussel
27. “I’m pretty sure that eating chocolate keeps wrinkles away because I have never seen a 10 year old with a Hershey bar and crows feet.” – Amy Neftzger
28. “A little chocolate a day keeps the doctor at bay.” – Marcia Carrington
29. “Wherever chocolate is made, chocolate is chocolate. And any month that contains the letter a, e, i, o, or u is the proper time to share it with others.” – David Augsburger
30. “Chocolate is a perfect food, as wholesome as it is delicious, a beneficent restorer of exhausted power…it is the best friend of those engaged in literary pursuits.” – Justus von Liebig
Chocolate quotes that will make you crave dessert
31. “If God gives you chocolate, you open your mouth, no?” – Alejandro Jodorowsky
32. “Chocolate is one of the world’s most beloved discoveries, and when we need a quick boost of energy and endorphins, chocolate is the go-to treat.” – Marcus Samuelsson
33. “As long as there is chocolate, there will be happiness.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
34. “Without chocolate, we would have to find something else to do with the fruit & nuts.” – Anthony T. Hincks
35. “Chocolate should be savored, not rushed.” – Rick Riordan
36. “Chocolate is the first luxury. It has so many things wrapped up in it: deliciousness in the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.” – Mariska Hargitay
37. “Part of life and part of the enjoyment of life is a croissant and a chocolate cake and eggs and milkshakes and oatmeal. There’s so many things, you have to learn to appreciate it all. When I don’t eat as much as I should, I’m not fun to be around; I’m fussy.” – Nina Dobrev
38. “Ganache is a mix of chocolate and cream. Warm cream, warm chocolate, they want to get to know each other ― they’re happy.” – Alex Guarnaschelli
39. “I’ve always got a sweet tooth. I have chocolate hidden in places that nobody knows about.” – Tony McCoy
40. “We have chocolate in common ― that’s enough.” – Rachel Hollis
Chocolate quotes to delight you
41. “What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.” – Katharine Hepburn
42. “I guess if I’m a product, either you’re chocolate, you’re vanilla or you’re butterscotch. You can’t be all three.” – Bruno Mars
43. “Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.” – Dave Barry
44. “If there’s no chocolate in Heaven, I’m not going.” – Jane Seabrook
45. “Coffee and chocolate ― the inventor of mocha should be sainted.” – Cherise Sinclair
If you enjoyed this collection of quotes, check out our coffee quotes for our high energy coffee lovers out there.
46. “He showed the words ‘chocolate cake’ to a group of Americans and recorded their word associations. ‘Guilt’ was the top response. If that strikes you as unexceptional, consider the response of French eaters to the same prompt: ‘celebration.’” – Michael Pollan
47. “The 12-step chocolate program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!” – Terry Moore
48. “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” – Jo Brand
49. “I’m grateful for every day I’m still alive. Everything is still working. I attribute it to eating a lot of processed foods. I think it’s the preservatives that keep me going. That, and I eat as much chocolate as I can get my hands on.” – Joan Rivers
50. “Nothing is as alluring as a piece of chocolate you can’t have.” – Nina Sandmann
More chocolate quotes
51. “There’s a sure shot way to get rid of that frown, when you have some chocolate around.” – Manali Manan Desai
52. “Women have a special relationship with chocolate mostly because our culture tells them to. It goes back to the old claptrap about sweet treats being for ‘ladies’, while savoury tastes for men.” – Bee Wilson
53. “Chocolate is something you take for granted until you don’t have any.” – Marja McGraw
54. “There’s no point in wasting calories on cheap chocolate, always opt for the darkest and richest.” – Nanci Rathbun
55. “Then she thought bitterly that it would be much easier to resist chocolate if her life were less stressful.” – J.K.Rowling
56. “Money can’t buy happiness. But, it can buy a chocolate, which is pretty much the same thing.” – Hanako Ishii
57. “Chocolate is medicinal. I just did another study that confirms it.” – Michelle M. Pillow
58. “If I ever meet with the man who fulfills my ideal, I shall make it a condition of the marriage settlement, that I am to have chocolate under the pillow.” – Wilkie Collins
59. “Love is just the chocolate-coated realization you’re going to spend the rest of your life with a person and unfortunately it melts in your mouth.” – Josh Stern
60. “Mom always said too much chocolate is like having too much love—you can’t get enough.” – Geraldine Solon
Which of these chocolate quotes makes you the most hungry?
Chocolate is one of the most popular flavors in the entire world. Everyone loves eating chocolate desserts and snacks. Whether you’re a fan of dark chocolate or white chocolate, this tasty treat will make your mouth water. Read this collection of delicious chocolate quotes to elevate your love for sweets.
Consider getting chocolate for your friends and family the next time you need to buy a gift. Yummy cakes, candies, and cookies are the perfect present for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, or any other holiday.
This list of lovely sayings highlights the appeal and luxury of chocolate. If you consider yourself to be a chocolate lover, these words will definitely resonate with you. Share these chocolate quotes with everyone you know and get them drooling over the thought of a tasty treat.
What are your favorite chocolate quotes and sayings about this sweet, popular food? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 27, 2020 7:00 AM EST