These vaccine quotes show the scientific benefit of vaccines and the opinions of leading people in the medical field.
The COVID-19 vaccines are finally making their way into the arms of people around the world.
The marvels of science and the brilliant minds who work on medical miracles like vaccines intrigue me.
I know many of my friends in health care are in tears and overjoyed at the ability to get a vaccine against this virus.
They have seen the deaths, sickness, and sadness for months.
The death toll is not the only hardship they have faced.
We have all seen the pictures of their faces with marks from their PPE.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, and many others have all weighed in on the importance of getting your COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are able.
I know that I will be getting mine, along with masking up and socially distancing to help do my part to make 2021 feel much more normal.
Don’t forget to also check out these science quotes from famous scientists about life and death.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Science and vaccine quotes
1. “Who are you going to believe? Leading authorities on medical science, or 800 memes on your cousin’s Facebook page?” ― Samantha Bee
2. “From a scientific and potential public health standpoint, this is an extraordinarily important advance.” — Dr. Anthony Fauci
3. “Misinformation or distrust of vaccines can be like a contagion that can spread as fast as measles.” — Theresa Tam
4. “Facts should matter, and science should win, but after 13 years as a medical reporter, I know it is not that simple.” — Dr. Sanjay Gupta
5. “Vaccines and antibiotics have made many infectious diseases a thing of the past; we’ve come to expect that public health and modern science can conquer all microbes. But nature is a formidable adversary.” — Tom Frieden
6. “Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance.” — Neil DeGrasse Tyson
7. “Faith does not protect you. Medicine and airbags… Those are the things that protect you. God does not protect you. Intelligence protects you. Enlightenment. Put your faith in something with tangible results. How long has it been since someone walked on water? Modern miracles belong to science.. Computers, vaccines, space stations… Even the divine miracle of creation. Matter from nothing.” — Dan Brown
8. “But we might be talking about a significant percentage of parents that have questions about vaccines – and we need to answer them. We need to give them the scientifically based, credible answer.” — Theresa Tam
10. “Throughout my career, as both a physician and a scientist, I have drawn inspiration from Merck’s unwavering commitment to scientific excellence. Over time, this commitment has brought forth an unparalleled number of breakthrough medicines and vaccines that improve the lives of patients around the world.” — Roger M. Perlmutter
11. “The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue and #vaccineswork. Let’s protect all our kids.” — Hillary Clinton
You will also enjoy our article on healthcare quotes.
Vaccine quotes about COVID and other diseases
11. “COVID-19 offers us a great opportunity for individual and collective recession. It is a time to go back to the drawing board and rewrite the next phase of our existence. The upcoming generation has to read about how we fought this pandemic with or without vaccines in order to overcome similar situations during their times.” ― Olawale Daniel
12. “By the time you get to, let’s say, the end of April, the beginning of May, June, July, as we get into the second quarter, it’ll be much more likely that you’ll have, quote, ‘the general population’ that’s not on the priority list will be able to get vaccinated.” — Anthony Fauci
13. “That’s the important point. This should not be a signal to pull back on the public health measures that we must continue to implement.” — Anthony Fauci
14. “When I was a child, there were not that many vaccines. I was vaccinated for polio. I actually got measles as a child. I got pertussis, whooping cough. I remember that very well.” — Anthony Fauci
15. “I think there’s no question that vaccines have been absolutely critical in ridding us of the scourge of many diseases – smallpox, polio, etc. So vaccines are an invaluable medication. Like any medication, they also should be – what shall we say? – approved by a regulatory board that people can trust”. — Jill Stein
16. “The difference is that with Ebola; it is such a devastating disease, and there is still no cure. They’re still working on vaccines. The fact of the matter with polio, there is a cure; there is a vaccine.” — Itzhak Perlman
17. “The thing is, I think vaccines are one of the greatest medical breakthroughs that we have. I’m a big fan and a great fan of the history of the development of the smallpox vaccine, for example.” — Rand Paul
18. “I have studied the effects of our new lots of polio vaccine in 100 adult volunteers and during the next few days shall give it to my wife and 2 children as well as to our neighbors and their children.” — Albert Sabin
19. “While the vaccine discovery was progressive, the joy I felt at the prospect before me of being the instrument destined to take away from the world one of its greatest calamities [smallpox], blended with the fond hope of enjoying independence and domestic peace and happiness, was often so excessive that, in pursuing my favorite subject among the meadows, I have sometimes found myself in a kind of reverie.” — Edward Jenner
20. “Of course, I vaccinated my children. Didn’t think twice. Not a big fan of the measles or mumps or rubella—to name a few very preventable diseases.” — Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Vaccine quotes on why you should get one
21. “So it’s an absolute lie that has killed thousands of kids. Because the mothers who heard that lie, many of them didn’t have their kids take either pertussis or measles vaccine, and their children are dead today. And so the people who go and engage in those anti-vaccine efforts—you know, they, they kill children. It’s a very sad thing because these vaccines are important.” ― Bill Gates
22. “Most anti-vaccine books claim that all shots are bad, the diseases aren’t really anything to fear, and as long as you live a natural and healthy lifestyle, you don’t have to worry. I think this is a very irresponsible approach to the vaccine issue. Vaccines are beneficial in ridding our population of both serious and non-serious diseases.” ― Robert Sears
23. “Although I strongly believe in individual rights and the rights of parents to raise their children, as they see fit, I also recognize that public health and public safety are extremely important in our society. Certain communicable diseases have been largely eradicated by immunization policies in this country. We should not allow those diseases to return by foregoing safety immunization programs for philosophical, religious or other reasons when we have the means to eradicate them.” ― Ben Carson
24. “There is no substantial risk from vaccines and that the benefits are very significant.” ― Ben Carson
25. “With infectious disease, without vaccines, there’s no safety in numbers”. ― Seth Berkley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
26. “Vaccines don’t cause autism. Vaccines, instead, prevent disease. Vaccines have wiped out a score of formerly deadly childhood diseases. Vaccine skepticism has helped to bring some of those diseases back from near extinction”. ― Alex Pareene
27. “Childhood vaccines are one of the great triumphs of modern medicine. Indeed, parents whose children are vaccinated no longer have to worry about their child’s death or disability from whooping cough, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis, or a host of other infections.” ― Ezekiel Emanuel
28. “I think that the discoveries of antibiotics and vaccines have contributed to the improvement of the quality of life, making it possible to prevent contagious diseases.” ― Shinya Yamanaka
29. “It’s not just because I love my kids that I vaccinated them. It’s because I love your kids as well.” ― Dr. Sanjay Gupta
30. “The benefit of vaccines is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact.” ― Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Vaccine quotes on the truth about vaccines
31. “Vaccines are the tugboats of preventive health.” ― William Foege
32. “Vaccines are safe, effective, and lifesaving.” ― Alex Azar
33. “If you want to know the value of vaccines, just spend some time in a clinic in Africa. The faces of the mothers and fathers say it all: vaccines prevent illness and save lives.” ― Seth Berkley
34. “Vaccines save lives; fear endangers them. It’s a simple message parents need to keep hearing.” ― Jeffrey Kluger
35. “Vaccines are the most cost-effective health care interventions there are. A dollar spent on a childhood vaccination not only helps save a life but greatly reduces spending on future healthcare.” ― Ezekiel Emanuel
36. “For just a few dollars a dose, vaccines save lives and help reduce poverty. Unlike medical treatment, they provide a lifetime of protection from deadly and debilitating disease. They are safe and effective. They cut healthcare and treatment costs, reduce the number of hospital visits, and ensure healthier children, families, and communities.” ― Seth Berkley
37. “Vaccines [measles] have been proven to be safe, and what happens if you don’t take vaccines is children get measles and die. So the anti-vaccine crowd has, you know, kept measles around in a way that – you know, it’s a tragedy, because so much is done to make sure these things are safe.” — David Oshinsky
38. “The truth is, there is no link between vaccines and autism. Vaccines are incredibly important.” — Timothy Simons
39. “You can have the best vaccines for a woman or her child, but if you can’t get her to come and get them, then they won’t work.” — Melinda Gates
40. “It doesn’t seem to matter how often vaccines are proved safe or supplements are shown to offer nothing of value. When people don’t like facts, they ignore them.” — Michael Specter
Other thought-provoking vaccine quotes
41. “Everybody who’s a physician who makes vaccines, who wants to find the cure for cancer. Everybody who wants to do any medical good for humankind got the passion for that before he or she was 10.” — Bill Nye
42. “Besides my love for horses and cars, I am passionate about making the cheapest vaccines in the world. I started making life-saving drugs when I was 22.” — Cyrus S. Poonawalla
43. “Up to 90% of the total decline in the death rate of children between 1860-1965 because of whooping cough, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and measles occurred before the introduction of immunizations and antibiotics.” — Archie Kalokerinos
44. “I’m very pro-vaccine. I get all six of my kids vaccinated. I believe vaccines save millions of lives, and people ought to be getting vaccinated.” — Robert Kennedy, Jr.
45. “There is no vaccine against stupidity.” — Albert Einstein
46. “Well, the people, I would say. There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?” [On being asked who owned the patent on his polio vaccine by journalist, Edward R. Murrow in 1954.] — Jonas Salk
47. “When vaccination programs are successful to the point where the disease is unfamiliar to physicians and public alike, then concerns can arise with real or perceived side effects of a vaccine that affect a very small minority of those vaccinated. Such concerns lead to fewer children being vaccinated and to the increasing occurrence of the disease.” ― Peter Parham
48. “Clearly, some of the reason people embrace alternatives and reject vaccines is that they are angry and mistrustful of government and of pharmaceutical conglomerates. More than that, we pay too much for health care, it’s not good enough, and the system is too complex. We need alternatives.” ― Michael Specter
49. “If we stop exploring space, we’re going to lose the same part of us that found vaccines and penicillin, the part that searches for cures to cancer and AIDS.” ― Corbin Bernsen
50. “We’ve been using vaccination in some form for hundreds of years now. We have almost nothing in our modern medicine that we’ve been using that long, and it’s been consistently productive even though, you know, the older vaccines were much more dangerous than vaccines we’re using now.” ― Eula Biss
Vaccine Quotes By Global Leaders In Response To Covid-19 Pandemic
51. “Our collective efforts to keep supply chains open, and ensure fair and equitable access to vaccines, are the first steps toward a more sustainable recovery for all.” — Lee Hsien Loong
52. “Although our main concern is to treat people with substance use disorder and mental health issues and to ultimately prepare them for reintegration into society, vaccination is crucial in terms of ensuring overall health and well-being.” — Susanne Bjelbo
53. “The emergence of new variants, which degrade the efficacy of some vaccines, only confirms the initial intuition behind the ACT-A initiative: This pandemic is being fought on a global scale, to the extent that our own health security depends on the rapid access of poor countries to protective devices, tests, and vaccines” — Emmanuel Macron
54. “We are encouraged by the rollout of safe and effective vaccines, but the truth is simple: No person is safe until all — everyone, everywhere — are safe, and no country is safe until all countries are safe.” — Amina Mohammed
55. “The only way that we’ll be able to recover better, together, is by defeating the virus everywhere through universal access to vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics.” — Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
56. “As a country of vaccine producers, Belgium knows first-hand how important they are.” — Alexander De Croo
57. “The investments needed in vaccines are considerable, yet they are minimal compared to the costs of economic downturn.” — Erna Solberg
58. Multi-stakeholder action is vital, not only to ensure access to vaccines for all, but also to recover better together, while promoting equity and sustainable development.” — Andrej Plenković
59. We must work together in solidarity for equitable vaccine access, to build immunity everywhere, and to enhance resilience and climate compliance.” — Ralph Gonsalves
60. “Vaccination against the virus must go hand in hand with another vaccine, depending only on us: the vaccine of action!” — António Costa
Vaccine Quotes For Prevention Of Deadly Diseases
61. “Physicians who care for adults generally don’t think about vaccines as much as pediatricians do, and adults think of vaccines as a kid thing.” ― Paul A. Offit
62. “It’s clear that prevention will never be sufficient. That’s why we need a vaccine that will be safe.” ― Luc Montagnier
63. “We have yet to beat our drums for birth control in the way we beat them for the polio vaccine. We are still unable to put babies in the class of dangerous epidemics, even though this is the exact truth.” ― Mary Calderone
64. “There is no evidence, that I am aware of, that points to a link between vaccines and developmental disability.” ― Jill Stein
65. “Reply when questioned on the safety of the polio vaccine he developed: It is safe, and you can’t get safer than safe.” ― Jonas Salk
66. “Information on how to heal autism and how to possibly delay vaccines or prevent autism shouldn’t come from me. It should come from the medical establishment.” ― Jenny McCarthy
67. “People are reluctant to give a newborn the hepatitis B vaccine and often delay it.” ― Paul A. Offit
68. “How is it that mercury is not safe for food additives and Over the Counter drug products, but it is safe in our vaccines and dental amalgams?” ― Dan Burton
69. “What really reinvigorated vaccines was Prevnar, the pneumococcal vaccine that prevents meningitis and ear infections. Here was the first vaccine to cross the billion-dollar mark.” ― Paul A. Offit
70. “The risks are far greater to your child of not getting immunized than any kind of speculative potential relationship between the vaccine and the development of autism.” ― Irwin Redlener
What did you learn from these vaccine quotes?
I have a dear friend who works with elderly patients and gets tested regularly.
Since the start of the pandemic, she has been vigilant and remained COVID-19 free.
She gleefully posted the other day that she would be able to get her vaccine on January 15th.
Her joy was palpable. However, just two days later she made another post on social media.
Her entire family, including herself, has been diagnosed with COVID-19―just a few short weeks before the vaccine she has waited months to get.
Science is a complex issue, and a few people might have an adverse effect, but the cases, hospitalizations, and death rate are all on the rise.
Please do what you can to help us all out.
Wear a mask. Stay socially distant.
Wash your hands.
Get your vaccine if you are able and your doctor recommends it.
Let’s finally turn the page on this nearly year-long chapter of this pandemic.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these vaccine quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other insightful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.