These flexibility quotes address the need for physical and mental flexibility.
Often, when people think of flexibility, they think of activities like yoga, gymnastics, or other sports. However, mental flexibility is also important.
Let’s talk about why physical flexibility is important first, even if you aren’t an athlete or yoga enthusiast.
Flexibility can have several positive impacts on your body. Being flexible makes it easier to move and increases your range of motion.
Flexibility also helps improve your posture and muscle coordination. If you are active, being flexible will also help reduce your risk of physical injury.
Age, bone size and structure, connective tissue, and the bulk of your body play a role in determining your flexibility.
While you can’t change your age or bone size and structure, you can improve your flexibility. Yoga and pilates, along with regular stretching, can help.
It will require daily work and practice, but with the right amount of focus, you can become more flexible.
So, just what is mental flexibility? Keep reading through these flexibility quotes to find out.
Short flexibility quotes perfect for Instagram
Got a picture of yourself in a yoga pose you want to post on Instagram? These flexibility quotes will help you create the perfect caption for various photos.
1. “Flexibility isn’t a bad thing.” — Steve Bruce
2. “Flexibility is youth.” — Diamond Dallas Page
3. “Flexibility is the key to stability.” — John Wooden
4. “Be firm on principle but flexible on method.” — Zig Ziglar
5. “Flexibility is a requirement for survival.” — Roger von Oech
6. “Be infinitely flexible and constantly amazed.” — Jason Kravitz
7. “All things change. Cultivate flexibility rather than perfection.” — Jewel
8. “I am positive that flexibility is a feminine characteristic.” — Emma Bonino
9. “Flexibility makes buildings to be stronger, imagine what it can do to your soul.” — Carlos Barrios
10. “Blessed are the flexible, for they will not allow themselves to become bent out of shape!” — Robert Ludlum
Flexibility quotes about life
Flexibility is not just about your physical ability to move. It also matters in our lives and can aid in making you happier.
11. “Be flexible, but stick to your principles.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.” — Jeff Bezos
13. “Flexibility—In all aspects of life, the person with the most varied responses ‘wins.’” — Kelly Perdew
14. “The person with the most flexibility has the best chance of achieving the outcome he or she desires.” — Tony Jeary
15. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo- far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” — Jodi Picoult
16. “If you are truly flexible and go until… there is really very little you can’t accomplish in your lifetime.” — Tony Robbins
17. “Freedom and happiness are found in the flexibility and ease with which we move through change.” — Gautama Buddha
18. “Life is movement. The more life there is, the more flexibility there is. The more fluid you are, the more you are alive.” — Arnaud Desjardins
19. “To live in love is life’s greatest challenge. It requires more subtlety, flexibility, sensitivity, understanding, acceptance, tolerance, knowledge, and strength than any other human endeavor.” — Leo Buscaglia
20. “An ancient Vedic aphorism says, “Infinite flexibility is the secret to immortality.” When we cultivate flexibility in or consciousness, we renew ourselves in every moment and reverse the aging process.” — Deepak Chopra
Flexibility quotes about exercise, fitness, health, and your body
These flexibility quotes are all about stretching, exercising, and keeping your body flexible.
21. “Stretching exercises promote flexibility, so you move fluidly.” — Denise Austin
22. “True flexibility can be achieved only when all muscles are uniformly developed.” — Joseph Pilates
23. “With dancing, it just brings out more flexibility, more core strength, and you definitely get a great workout.” — Cheryl Burke
24. “Even if you don’t have time for a big workout, stretching in the morning and night really changes your body.” — Erin Heatherton
25. “Well, being fit is not about flaunting muscles or biceps. Being fit is about flexibility, and fit is about flexibility and body composition.” — Prosenjit Chatterjee
26. “Training for strength and flexibility is a must. You must use it to support your techniques. Techniques alone are no good if you don’t support them with strength and flexibility.” — Bruce Lee
27. “I do a healthy blend of mixed martial arts, dancing, functional training, and swimming. These exercises give me ample strength, endurance, flexibility, and stamina.” — Urvashi Rautela
28. “Strike a balance between resistance training, intervals, longer duration cardiovascular work, and flexibility. Don’t stick with one approach then flip after a few weeks. Mix it up weekly, daily.” — Gunnar Peterson
29. “Focus on your problem zones, your strength, your energy, your flexibility, and all the rest. Maybe your chest is flabby, or your hips or waist need toning. Also, you should change your program every thirty days. That’s the key.” — Jack LaLanne
30. “Flexibility is crucial to my fitness. Incorporating a good warm-up and cool-down into every session decreases my chances of injury. I use both dynamic and static stretching in my training. I’ve started doing a few yoga sessions which incorporates muscle strength and flexibility.” — Samantha Stosur
Flexibility quotes about yoga and pilates
Yoga and pilates are wonderful ways to improve your flexibility. Just read through these flexibility quotes about yoga if you don’t believe me!
31. “Yoga is equal parts strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance.” — Mandy Ingber
32. “Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible.” — Bob Harper
33. “I always have to work on my flexibility to help my back, and Pilates helps the most.” — Denny Hamlin
34. “I think yoga builds strength, flexibility, and calming of the mind – which is never a bad thing.” — Joyce DiDonato
35. “Yoga is not to fit in, but to become flexible and nimble enough to blend in and find the true rhythm and harmony of life.” ― Debasish Mridha
36. “Not only is yoga excellent for flexibility, but it is also a great tool for longevity and injury prevention, as it allows for internal body awareness.” — Kyle Shewfelt
37. “That’s why I got into Pilates: because I can reduce the stress and impact in my joints while still being able to increase strength and flexibility, and it’s going to pay dividends.” — Jake Arrieta
38. “I actually did a lot of yoga because I found it helped with my core strength and flexibility, which are two things you absolutely need when you’re doing martial arts.” — Esme Creed-Miles
39. “I feel yoga has helped me with everything in my life. Especially my snowboarding, between the strength, flexibility, balance, and meditation aspects of yoga, it has helped me in so many ways!” — Jamie Anderson
40. “I love yoga. There’s a lot of stretching involved, which helps with my flexibility and injury prevention. Vinyasa is my favorite as a recovery tool and for me to continue having my legs feel good.” — Alex Morgan
Flexibility quotes about the mental and emotional benefits
These flexibility quotes are all about the power and benefits of being mentally flexible. Life is much easier if you can adapt and evolve.
41. “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” ― Albert Einstein
42. “You must always be able to predict what’s next and then have the flexibility to evolve.” — Marc Benioff
43. “Let no one think that flexibility and a predisposition to compromise is a sign of weakness or a sell-out.” — Paul Kagame
44. “Creativity has always depended on openness and flexibility, so let us hope for more of both in the future.” — Siri Hustvedt
45. “You’re always a work in progress. Flexibility. Personality. Motivation. There’s always room to improve.” — Chalene Johnson
46. “The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers.” — Brian Greene
47. “Bridges symbolize change and flexibility! They show us this simple philosophy: When you are on one side, you can easily move to the other side!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
48. “Great potential for emotional balance and mental flexibility can help us fight the bleakness and sterility of a statistical matrix that clashes with our inner compass’s needs.” ― Erik Pevernagie
49. “When the whole world is entrenched in the bunker of physical and often emotional isolation, only flexibility and ingenuity can revive us to remain grounded and imbibe the bolstering sunlight piercing through the canvas of chaos.” ― Erik Pevernagie
50. “What then are the benefits of being mentally flexible? Imagine a storm brewing. Intense winds are blowing hard. Stiff trees are breaking under the pressure, while softer, more flexible trees are bending and will rise again when the strong winds subside. Now turn this image onto human beings. People who are narrowminded, opinionated, stubborn, and bullheaded are more likely to crack under pressure than people who take up a more flexible attitude towards life. It is the difference between bending and breaking under pressure.” ― Gudjon Bergmann, Living in the Spirit of Yoga: Take Yoga Off the Mat and Into Your Everyday Life
What is mental flexibility?
When we think of flexibility, we usually think about the muscles in our body. However, our mind is like a muscle and shouldn’t get left out.
Just like you do physical exercises to stretch out your hamstrings, you can stretch your mind.
Having a good mindset and emotional well-being can also impact you physically.
The more flexible your mind becomes, the easier it will be to live a more fulfilled life.
Dedicating time to self-awareness can help us develop more resiliency and creativity.
Mental flexibility, also known as cognitive flexibility, is about your adaptability.
It includes your willingness to shift your thought patterns and develop emotional intelligence.
Just like with physical flexibility, some people are naturally more mentally flexible than others. Again, though, just like with physical flexibility, you can improve your mental flexibility with the right “exercises.”
First, having a routine is important, but don’t become so inflexible that you ignore opportunities to change your scenery.
Get up and go take a walk outside, take an unscheduled break, or even choose a new route home.
Second, don’t be afraid to try something new. Learning a new skill, even one that isn’t practically beneficial, will engage new parts of the brain.
Want to learn to play the guitar even though you have no musical talent? Do it! Learn to crochet, take up painting, or whatever else floats your boat!
Do you have any other flexibility quotes or tips you would like to share with us? Let us know in the comment section below.
August 26, 2022 8:00 AM EST