Looking for inspirational animal quotes to help you honor the human-animal bond?
Animals play an important role in our lives. From being valuable companions to designated therapeutic roles, animals contribute to our lives in many ways.
Animals help people live healthier lives, bring us happiness, are a source of food, and make our lives easier in many ways. Quite often, they show us how to be our best selves.
Research studies have found that positive interactions with animals can improve our physical, social, and emotional health. For instance, the National Institutes of Health reports that people with pets tend to get more exercise and health benefits than those without.
To help you celebrate their role in our lives, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and cute animal quotes, animal sayings, and animal proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Animal Quotes Celebrating Their Role in Our Lives
1. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.” ― Mark Twain
2. “We strive for a world where every earthling has the right to live and grow. That’s why we don’t eat animals.” ― Ruby Roth
3. “Cats are there to be indulged. That’s their function: to receive the love we never fully gave our parents. Not like dogs. Dogs are there to give us the love and devotion our children will never fully give us.” ― Alex Shakar
4. “True compassion is showing Kindness towards animals, without expecting anything in return” ― Paul Oxton
5. “All my Best Friends have 4 Legs.” ― Tim Poirier
6. “Animals will attack if provoked, to protect their family or just to put food on the table, yet man still hasn’t learned these simple basics of life. Somehow I don’t think we are the intelligent species after all.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
7. “The best friend a man can have is an animal—they are so agreeable, they don’t hate on you and they embrace you without passing any criticism.” – Shenita Etwaroo
8. “Birds will always sing a song for those that they love.” ― Anthony T.Hincks
9. “When God becomes glad about our good works, then He sends the cute animals, birds, butterflies etc. near us like a signal to express His happiness!” ― Md. Ziaul Haque
10. “If I didn’t have a cat I would be lost.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
Also read these inspirational Steve Irwin quotes that will activate your inner animal lover.
Beautiful animal quotes to make your day
11. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
12. “Elephants will never abandon their friends or family, but man does. I guess that’s what makes us civilized.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
13. “Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” ― Gary Kowalski
14. “Animals are better off than a lot of humans if having soul means being able to feel gratitude, loyalty, and love.” – Shenita Etwaroo
15. “We have to speak up on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves.” ― Peter Singer
16. “Be nice to the environment. Be nice to animals. Be nice to people. If you do that, you will leave a mark on the world.” ― Enock Maregesi
17. “When I got started again, I drove slower and felt smaller. I think it does us all good to get looked at like that now and then by a wild animal.” ― Bailey White
18. “If I never owned a dog I would be wandering the streets looking for love.” ― Anthony T.Hincks
19. “When it comes to conserving wildlife and the environment, It’s more important to be outspoken than unspoken” ― Paul Oxton
20. “Like it or not, we humans are bound up with our fellows, and with the other plants and animals all over the world. Our lives are intertwined.” ― Carl Sagan
You might also like these inspiring Jane Goodall quotes about the environment.
Animal quotes that will make you appreciate them
21. “A cat’s purr and a puppy’s wet nose are just two of the things that make my day enjoyable.” ― Anthony T.Hincks
22. “Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world” ― Munia Khan
23. “You can always tell about somebody by the way they put their hands on an animal.” – Betty White
24. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ― Anatole France
25. “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” ― Gregory Maguire
26. “If you want to see God, simply look into the eyes of an animal.” ― J. Bartell
27. “I feel more human when I compare the cuteness of a lizard to a newborn child’s sweetness. Both are God’s creations filled with precious innocence” ― Munia Khan
28. “When animals behave like humans or when humans behave like animals, don’t be surprised because in every animal there is a human and in every human, there is an animal!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
29. “When you look into the eyes of an animal you’ve rescued, you can’t help but fall in love.” – Paul Shaffer
30. “A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.” ― Leo Tolstoy
Read our collection of dog quotes about our favorite four legged friends.
Animal quotes to inspire and teach
31. “Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty, and your animal spirits.” – William Hazlitt
32. “If ever you feel like an animal among men, be a lion.” ― Criss Jami
33. “Animals don’t know as much about jealousy as people, but they’re not ignorant of it, either.” ― Stephen King
34. “If it’s true that men are such beasts, this must account for the fact that most women are animal lovers.” – Doris Day
35. “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” ― Roger Caras
36. “Animals never worry about Heaven or Hell. neither do I. Maybe that’s why we get along” ― Charles Bukowski (see more Charles Bukowski quotes and sayings)
37. “Whether we change our lives or do nothing, we have responded. To do nothing is to do something.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
38. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
39. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does.” – Christopher Morley
40. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” – Milan Kundera
You might also like these cute funny dog quotes that will make you LOL with your furry friends.
Other inspirational animal quotes
41. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Mahatma Gandhi
42. “Having a dog will bless you with many of the happiest days of your life, and one of the worst.” – Unknown
43. “I call my horses ‘divine mirrors’—they reflect back the emotions you put in. If you put in love and respect and kindness and curiosity, the horse will return that.” – Allan Hamilton
44. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” – Dean Koontz
45. “Even an animal, if you show genuine affection, gradually trust develops… If you always showing bad face and beating, how can you develop friendship?” – Dalai Lama
46. “Animals are inspirational. They don’t know how to lie. They are natural forces.” ― Charles Bukowski
47. “Through the metal bars of the jungle gym, she watches two gray squirrels chase each other around a tree. Around and around and around. So gratuitous.” ― Thomas Pierce
48. “It is just like man’s vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.” – Mark Twain
49. “A house is not a home without a pet.” – Unknown
Make sure to check out our collection of pet quotes that celebrate our animal loved ones.
50. “I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contained, I stand and look at them long and long.” – Walt Whitman
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational elephant quotes to celebrate animals and nature.
Which of these animal quotes was your favorite?
Animals play an important role in enriching our lives in many different ways. They give us a better quality of life and help improve our health and well-being.
Animals help make us be better humans. Hopefully, the above quotes will help you become your best self.
Did you enjoy these animal quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 8:15 AM EST