Whether you’re a lover of dogs or crazy about cats, pet quotes make you smile inside at the thought of the love we feel for our four-legged friends.
For those of us who share our lives with pets, these pet quotes will make you smile from the inside out. Don’t forget to share them with someone who loves pets just as much as you so that they can smile, too.
Pet-keeping is a common part of many cultures. Humans have been sharing their lives with animals from time immemorial.
According to research, pets can have a profound effect on us. Interacting with a pet that behaves properly can have a positive effect on you and the people around you.
Just stroking your dog or combing the cat can make you happy and de-stress you. Besides, having a dog gives you a great excuse to get out and exercise. Whether that means running along a park trail or simply taking a walk around your neighborhood, your canine companion can help you get into better physical shape.
Studies also suggest people with friendly animals are perceived to be more trustworthy and approachable. Though pet-keeping can be a costly and time-consuming business, our innate attraction to cute or small animals is not going anywhere.
In that respect, below is our collection of cute, adorable, and inspirational pet quotes and sayings. Enjoy!
Pet Quotes and Sayings for All Animal Lovers
1. “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
2. “Anyone can learn how to communicate with animals if they are open to the process and willing to practice.” – Karen A Anderson
3. “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” – Sigmund Freud
4. “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” – James Cromwell
5. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” – Milan Kundera
6. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.” – Louis Sabin
7. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
8. “He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” – Immanuel Kant
9. “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
10. “Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later.” – Mary Bly
Read our collection of dog quotes about our favorite four legged friends.
Pet quotes about love and loyalty
11. “Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children.” – Michael Morpurgo
12. “Sometimes, your pet picks you.” –Julie Wenzel
13. “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” – Alfred A. Montapert
14. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
15. “My relationships with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.” – William S. Burroughs
16. “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” – Chinese Proverb
17. “Be kind to all pets and animals because they will be kind back to you.” – Wesley Porter
18. “You learn in this business: If you want a friend, get a dog.” – Carl Icahn
19. “I really love pets. They’re like children. They know if you really love them or not. You can’t fool them.” – Donna Douglas
20. “Those who love dogs, know something about God.” – Fakeer Ishavardas
21. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitzer
You might also like these funny dog quotes and sayings that will make you LOL with your furry friends.
Adorable pet quotes that shoot straight to the heart
22. “Dogs got personality. Personality goes a long way.” – Quentin Tarantino
23. “What greater gift than the love of a cat?” – Charles Dickens
24. “Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” – Rod McKuen
25. “Pets, like their owners, tend to expand a little over the Christmas period.” – Frances Wright
26. “I’ve met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
27. “Indeed, there is nothing on this earth more peaceful than a sleeping, purring cat.” – Jonathon Scott Payne
28. “Birds teach us something very important: To whatever height you rise, you will finally come down to the ground!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
29. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
30. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” –Anatole France
Pet quotes to celebrate our furry friends
31. “There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around.” – Dick Dale
32. “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
33. “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
34. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
35. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” ― Colette
36. “Pets reflect you like mirrors. When you are happy, you can see your dog smiling and when you are sad, your cat cries.” –Munia Khan
37. “To me, a cat is an easy pet, they don’t need any spoiling or looking after.” – Karl Pilkington
38. “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” – Walter Lionel George
39. “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” – Amy Sedaris
40. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
Don’t forget to also read these snake quotes that will make your fears disappear.
Awesome pet quotes that will make you smile
41. “The purity of a person’s heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals” – Anonymous
42. “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown
43. “All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.” – Samuel Butler
44. “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.” –Max Eastman
45. “The cat is there when you call her – if she doesn’t have something better to do.” – Bill Alder
46. “There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.” – Robert Lynd
47. “Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives.” – Sue Murphy
48. “I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man Alive.” – Iwao Fujita
49. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams
50. “Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain.” – Douglas Coupland
You might also like these insightful bird quotes that will inspire you to spread your wings and fly.
Which of these pet quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Making an animal part of the family is universal to humans. For tens of thousands of years, people have had an innate attraction to friendly animals.
Though sometimes it can be difficult to explain exactly why people keep pets, there’s no denying that our four-legged friends are only getting cuter and more lovable. Hopefully, the quotes above have reminded you why pets are special.
Did you enjoy these pet quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
October 10, 2019 7:00 AM EST