Read these weak men quotes for a boost of confidence and resolve when you’re feeling less than your best.
Below we have put together some of the best of weak men quotes that will inspire you to step up your game.
What is a weak man?
Well, like most things, that depends on who you ask.
However, it is safe to say that if asked to define a weak man, most people would describe someone who lacks confidence, has low self-esteem, and is easily influenced by others.
Weakness is not determined by physical strength.
People with small physical stature can still be strong, and confident, and possess high self-esteem.
Check out these characteristics of weak men below:
- Weak men do not take the initiative in life.
- Weak men are intimidated by the strength of others.
- Weak men do not take responsibility for themselves.
Literature fans know that Agatha Christie was an English writer who wrote short stories and detective novels.
Concerning weakness in men, she once shared, “A weak man in a corner is more dangerous than a strong man.”
The idea of her statement is that strong men do not feel the need to impose their will on others.
Weak men are afraid to push and develop themselves, but they are not afraid to force their opinions or cross the boundaries needed.
Their strength only applies when taking the easy way out.
An adage says the strongest power requires the slightest touch, and weak men rarely live by this creed.
Weak men know their flaws but do nothing to improve on them.
They usually do not strive for greatness out of fear of judgment or failure, which impacts their relationships and self-esteem.
How can you tell if a man is weak or strong?
Observation is critical to determining anything about anyone.
We understand their strength when we observe how people respond to challenging people or situations.
Being a weak man is not about whether you are physically strong, although it can apply.
Weakness comes from your spirit, attitude, determination, and loyalty.
If you want to learn more about the qualities of weak men, check out our weak men quotes below for more awesome content.
Short weak men quotes about love and ambition
Read our collection of best rap quotes and lyrics.
Strength is not determined by muscle alone; these weak men quotes remind us of the power of inner strength.
1. “It is commonly a weak man who marries for love.” — Samuel Johnson
2. “A weak man will always blame a woman’s attitude for his departure.” — R. H. Sin
3. “No woman can love a weak man hard enough to make him strong.” — Pearl Cleage
4. “If you want a weak man, you might as well marry a woman.” — Laura Schlessinger
5. “You can’t make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak.” — Abraham Lincoln
6. “It is a weak man who blames his failures on the strength of others.” — Orson Scott Card
7. “Great men in teaching weak men to reflect have set them on road to error.” — Bit Luc de Clapiers
8. “Only the weak are cruel; gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” — Leo Buscaglia
9. “When trouble comes, wise men take to their work; weak men take to the woods.” — Elbert Hubbard
10. “Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one’s mind.” — W. Somerset Maugham
Weak men quotes that explain their lack of courage
Cowardice is one of the most looked down upon traits in men.
11. “Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.” — Orison Swett Marden
12. “A weak man in a corner is more dangerous than a strong man.” — Agatha Christie
13. “It is the weak man who urges compromise, never the strong man.” — Elbert Hubbard
14. “Weak men act to satisfy their needs, stronger men their duties.” — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
15. “The strong man with the dagger is followed by the weak man with the sponge.” — Lord Acton
16. “I always run into strong women who are looking for weak men to dominate them.” — Andy Warhol
17. “It is fair to despise a cowardly man, but the female gender is strongest when it’s weak.” — Franz Grillparzer
18. “The average woman sees only the weak points in a strong man, and the good points in a weak one.” — Elbert Hubbard
19. “A man never suffers in defeat. But a weak man folds under pressure, while a real man takes it on the chin.” — Rob G
20. “I grew up around strong women; weak men were pickled and salted. The women wouldn’t waste time raising a weak boy.” — Robert Jordan
Quotes about men gaining strength
G. Michael Hop elucidated the relationship between weak men and hard times, which these weak men quotes demonstrate.
21. “Rudeness is the weak man’s initiation of strength.” — Eric Hoffer
22. “Strong men can always afford to be gentle. Only the weak are intent on giving as good as they get.” — Elbert Hubbard
23. “I know that I am a small, weak man, but I have amassed a large library; I dream of dangerous places.” — Terry Pratchett
24. “For where a man was weak, a woman has unmanned him. It would be a mercy to blow such a man away.” — Joyce Carol Oates
25. “All God’s giants have been weak men who did great things for God because they reckoned on God being with them.” — Hudson Taylor
26. “A strong man who has known power all his life may lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength.” — Jeffrey Archer
27. “Most men act so tough and strong on the outside because on the inside, we are scared, weak, and fragile. Men, not women, are the weaker gender.” — Jerry Rubin
28. “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” — G. Michael Hop, Those Who Remain
29. “Cunning is only the mimic of discretion, and may pass upon weak men in the same manner as vivacity is often mistaken for wit, and gravity for wisdom.” — Joseph Addison
30. “Of all the vices incident to man, lying is the most mean, most contemptible; it evinces a very weak, depraved heart, which shrinks at the exposure of motives and of actions.” — Josiah Bartlett
Weak men quotes about courage and forgiveness
Courage and the ability to forgive are vital aspects of a man’s strength.
31. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” — Mahatma Gandhi
32. “I have yet to encounter that common myth of weak men, an insurmountable barrier.” — James Lane Allen
33. “He was a weak man. The sort who needed to crush a woman in order to feel powerful.” — John Mark Green
34. “Brave people add up to an aristocracy. The democracy of thou-shall-not is bound to be a collection of weak men.” — D. H. Lawrence
35. “The past can hold a weak man down like an anchor. It takes a strong man to remember the past, but forgive.” — Scott Hildreth
36. “If a man cries in front of you, it doesn’t mean he’s weak. It means that he trusts you enough to let his guard down.” — Faraaz Kazi
37. “Weak men are the worse for the good sense they read in books because it furnished them only with more matter to mistake.” — Sir George Savile
38. “My mother said that we’re so lucky to be women. It’s not that men are weak. Men are men. We’re two completely different animals.” — Diane von Furstenberg
39. “Only stupid men trying to seem smart need to be with dumb women. Only weak men trying to look strong are attracted to compliant women.” — Orson Scott Card
40. “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped, and even then the weak man must become strong of himself.” — James Lane Allen
Signs of a weak man quotes to help you spot fragility
Some believe they can spot weakness a mile away.
41. “Only a weak man blames others for his own errors.” — Juliet Marillier
42. “He has the mulishness of a weak man with stupidity.” — Norman Tebbit
43. “The stubbornness of a weak man should never be underestimated.” — Frederick Forsyth
44. “The weak man becomes strong when he has nothing, for then only can he feel the wild, mad thrill of despair.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
45. “Nobody knows through how many thousands of years fighting men have made a place for themselves while the weak and peaceable have gone to the wall.” — Elihu Root
46. “A weak man will always try to intimidate strong woman because he’s petrified he won’t be able to control her and what she could achieve without needing him.” — Virali Shah
47. “He felt like a man whose fever had broken, flush with the euphoria of the first, tenuous return of strength, still weak, but buoyant with the hope of an eventual return to wholeness.” — Gaelen Foley
48. “The man who forgets does not forgive, he only loses the remembrance; forgiveness is the offspring of a noble heart, of a generous mind, whilst forgetfulness is only the result of a weak memory, or of an easy carelessness.” — Giacomo Casanova
49. “Weak men often from the very principle of their weakness derive a certain susceptibility; delicacy and taste which render them, in those particulars, much superior to men of stronger and more consistent minds, who laugh at them.” — Sir Fulke Greville
50. “In fact, Shakespeare was right when he sai,d ‘Twice a babe, once a man.’ We are born into the world as helpless, weak infants, and some of us end our lives as vulnerable, frail adults, unable to speak coherently, or do even the simplest tasks.” — George Korankye
Can weak men become strong?
At a young age, children can observe and determine which adults in their lives are slow to anger and patient.
They can also determine which adults are violent, angry, and abusive.
Sometimes boys who are mistreated as children grow up to become men who mistreat people as adults.
There is an old saying that hurt people, hurt people.
This adage means that when people are treated poorly, they often carry that energy into other relationships, friendships, or interactions.
We all overcompensate for things in life; it is a natural human occurrence.
Sometimes people with strong physical bodies are in weak emotional and spiritual states.
Insecure men sometimes attempt to cover up their insecurity with physical strength, which can result in misplaced aggression and an out-of-touch understanding of relationships.
However, despite how far a person may go in the direction of pain and negativity, anyone can turn it around and become strong through practice and mindfulness.
Anyone with the willingness to change can transform themselves.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also like these Wild at Heart quotes.
Do you have a favorite weak men quote?
If so, please let us know in the comment section below.