Siblings are those special people who know you like no other, and these siblings quotes will inspire you to appreciate those people who have known you since the time you could crawl.
If this meaningful collection of quotes about siblings speaks to you, share it with those special people it reminds you of so they can get a smile from it, too.
The relationship with your brothers and sisters may not always be easy. Sometimes your siblings will stir up emotions you don’t like. But despite the highs and lows, siblings are a joy and a blessing.
Your siblings will usually be the most likely people to feel your pain when you are at your lowest and rejoice when you rejoice. So creating a fulfilling relationship with them is so important.
Though it can be complex, the bond with our brothers and sisters is often the longest-lasting. To celebrate it, below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and loving sibling quotes, sibling sayings, and sibling proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy these quotes on sibling bonds.
Remember to also read our collection of motivational quotes for kids about learning and success.
Sibling quotes celebrating brothers and sisters
1. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.” – Clara Ortega
2. “A bond as important as that of a husband and wife, is the bond between siblings.” – Lee Dong-Wook
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby quotes that new parents can relate to.
3. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.” – Kim Kardashian
4. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
5. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” – Gregory E. Lang
6. “They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.” – Karen White
7. “Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago – the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider…It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled.” – Jane Mersky Leder
8. “Sibling relationships…outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.” – Erica E. Goode
9. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.” – Baz Lurhmann
10. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
Sibling quotes to celebrate an enduring bond
11. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
12. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
13. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” – Pamela Dugdale
14. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
15. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Terri Guillemets
16. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day-that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
17. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us.” – Benjamin Disraeli
18. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.” – Deborah Moggach
19. “Power, that’s one thing, but love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power, at least earthly power.” – Sander Levin
20. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident… it is to have a soulmate for life.” – Victoria Secunda
Don’t forget to also check our collection of funny Step Brothers quotes.
Sibling quotes celebrating a long-lasting relationship
21. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
22. “A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.” – Shiv Sharma
23. “My sister accommodates me, never reproaches me with her doctrine, never tries to change me. She accepts and loves me, despite our differences.” – Joy Harjo
24. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” – Unknown
25. “I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone.” – Unknown
26. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown
27. “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
28. “Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.” – Unknown
29. “Our paths may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong, my dear brother.” – Unknown
30. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.” – Garrison
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Sibling quotes in honor of a special bond
31. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
32. “I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends.” – Kames Boswell
33. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom.” – Shannon Celebi
34. “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.” – Michael Morpurgo
35. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner
36. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.” – Alice Walker
37. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother… Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindlen
38. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hug quotes for everyone who needs one.
39. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is a far off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St Francis of Assisi
40. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
Don’t forget to also read these childhood quotes that will make you connect with your inner child.
Beautiful quotes on sibling bond
41. “Sometimes Being a Brother Is Even Better Than Being a Superhero.” – Marc Brown
42. “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
43. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
44. “My siblings are my best friends.” – America Ferrera
45. “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.” – Sam Levenson
46. “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” – Hindu Proverb
47. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
48. “Not only had my brother disappeared, but―and bear with me here―a part of my very being had gone with him. Stories about us could, from them on, be told from only one perspective. Memories could be told but not shared.” – John Corey Whaley
49. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li
50. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
Sibling quotes that will make you smile
51. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.”
― Jeffrey Kluger
52. “I don’t remember any sibling rivalry growing up, because by the time I was really conscious, Tom was going away to college. My relationship with him, which is a very close one, really developed in more recent years.”― David Hyde Pierce
53. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.”― Maya Angelou
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of powerful sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe.
54. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.”― Anonymous
55. “Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.”― Susan Scarf Merrell
56. “I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring.” – Valerie Dupont
57. “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.”― Betsy Cohen
58. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.”
59. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.” – Chuck Danes
60. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
61. “You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil.” – Louis Farrakhan
62. “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other’s lives.” – Jane Mersky Leder
63. “As your brother, I always know that you my sister look out for me. And as your younger brother I also know you will always be older than me.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
64. “Brothers and sisters can provide the most encouragement and support when life’s trials get us down. Talk to them!” – Catherine Pulsifer
65. “During life’s journey you will find most sisters and brothers are friends, companions, and support for each other.” – Kate Summers
Sibling quotes that will make appreciate your brothers and sisters
66. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” ― Christina Rossetti
67. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” — Desmond Tutu
68. “First a brother, then a bother, now a friend.” ― Anonymous
69. “I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family.” – Trey Parker
70. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.” ― Deepak Chopra
71. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” — Chloe Moretz
72. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.”― Esther M. Friesner
73. “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.”- Byron Pulsifer
74. “That’s the best part of having siblings,” I laugh. “Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.” ― L.C. Davis
75. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.” – Epictetus
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
Sibling quotes that will brighten your day
76. “Back in time it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me.” ―Sara Anzellotti
77. “I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
78. “Older siblings… the only people who will pick on you for their own entertainment and beat up anyone else who tries.” ― Anonymous
79. “Siblings are branches of a tree some stay close some go in different directions they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.” – The Omani Shed
80. “A brother is a friend given by nature.” — Jean Baptiste Legouve
81. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown
82. “True siblings are bound together by far more essential things than blood, while more times than many blood isn’t thicker than water.” ― Constantina Maud
83. “Your brother is your alter ego. Your friend and sometimes your hero.” –Maxime Lagacé
84. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.”― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
85. “Be grateful when you older brothers growl you, and when they tell you what to do and. Beautiful they are just trying to fulfil their duty of protecting you.” – Unknown
Sibling quotes that will lift your mood
86. “I grew up together with you and nobody in the world has as strong bond as we have. I love you.” – Unknown
87. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” – Jane Austen
88. “I love you, my most supportive and understanding brother! Everything I have in life, I want to share with you.” – Unknown
89. “From their struggles to establish dominance over each other, siblings become tougher and more resilient.” – Adele Faber
90. “You always support me and never envy. We go hand in hand in life and I am sure that it will last forever.” – Unknown
91. “Sibling rivalry was, and still is to this day, rampant in my family. We were all competing for my parents’ divided attention.” – Janine di Giovanni
92. “What causes sibling rivalry? Having more than one kid.” – Tim Allen
93. “You are the closest person to me, who is my brother, my partner, my best friend. I love you.” – Unknown
94. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” ― Lemony Snicket
95. “With you, I feel great and comfortable. We can just sit, keep silent and understand each other better than those people, who talk all the time.” – Unknown
Sibling quotes that will make your day
96. “Siblings are put on this Earth to love, to entertain, and to annoy each other. It’s part of their job requirements.” – Unknown
97. “Siblings know you better than anyone. They may not always admire you, but they’ll always be intensely interested in you.” – Dr Terri Apter
98. “Siblings know how to push each other’s buttons, but they also know how to mend things faster than anyone.” – Unknown
99. “A sibling may be the sole keeper of one’s core identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
100. “Being blessed with an identical twin is like having an understudy in case of emergencies.” – Unknown
101. “A sister is someone you can always count on, even if you don’t know it at the time.” – Sally Painter
102. “The power of a sibling who knows everything about you, who knows the family you grew up in, who carries half your genes – there’s nothing quite like that.” – Jeffrey Kluger
103. “My brothers are like oil and vinegar, but they have always been there for me. In that way, they are exactly alike!” – Sally Painter
104. “In many sibling relationships, the rate of conflict can be high, but the fun times in the backyard and the basement more than balance it out.” – Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
105. “My siblings don’t look like each other, but each of them looks like me.” – Sally Painter
You might also like these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
More sibling quotes and sayings
106. “Sometimes being a sister is way better than being a princess.” – Unknown
107. “Being brother and sister means being there for each other.” – Unknown
108. “When you have a lot of siblings, you always do something to feel special.” – Lee Daniels
109. “Like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.” – Unknown
110. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.” – Unknown
111. “Sibling relationships outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.” – Erica E. Goode
112. “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.” – John Corey Whaley
113. “Family is family, whether it’s the one you start out with, the one you end up with, or the one you gain along the way.” – Unknown
114. “I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties, and treacheries.” – Jandy Nelson
115. “Nothing can replace your sibling, but fond memories can cut through the darkness like rays of sunshine. May the warmth of those rays warm your soul.” – Unknown
116. “Siblings often become good friends, and because they know each other so well, they can provide each other a deep sense of comfort.” – Laura Markham
117. “Siblings are our partners and rivals, our first friends, and our first enemies.” – Erica Goldblatt Hyatt
118. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
119. “Siblings help teach each other social skills and play a part in each other’s identity development.” – Kate Strohm
120. “Sibling relationships can be very meaningful and intimate, but it is common for people to drift apart as they grow older and build their own families and other relationships.” – TD Styles
Did you enjoy these sibling quotes?
The relationship with our brothers and sisters is one of the most important in our lives. Although it can sometimes be complex, the sibling bond is one of the most enduring.
The bond between brothers and sisters is unlike any other. Hopefully, the above quotes will help you celebrate this special relationship.
Which of these sibling quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
December 1, 2021 6:00 AM EST