‘When I am gone’ can apply to many situations, as you will see in these ‘when I am gone’ quotes.
It might be something you say to a soon-to-be ex.
Or maybe you were in a relationship, and someone said you would miss them when they were gone.
Let us know your favorite quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading when I am gone quotes?
Sometimes, people make a ‘when I am gone’ comment to be funny.
However, more often than not, these comments are made because someone is feeling unloved or underappreciated.
Sometimes, it might be a little of both!
Other times people may say something about being gone because they are worried about the legacy they will leave behind.
Most people wonder, if not worry, about what we will remember them for when they are gone.
Keep reading through these when I am gone quotes to:
- Gain perspective on life and love
- Recognize when it might be time to let and move on
- Find the perfect social media post caption for your current mood
Short ‘When I am gone’ quotes about lost love
1. “When I’m gone, just carry on.” — Eminem
2. “I just hope that you miss me a little when I’m gone.” — Drake
3. “Don’t say you miss me when it’s your fault I’m gone!” — Drake
4. “I’m something you’ll regret losing. I can promise you that much.” — Unknown
5. “One day, you’ll miss me, but I won’t have feelings for you anymore.” — Unknown
6. “One day, you will realize how much I was there for you when I’m gone.” — Unknown
7. “Don’t cry after my death, I won’t know it. Love me when I am alive.” — Luffina Lourduraj
8. “What do I care about the universe? It’s people who will miss me when I’m gone.” — Marty Rubin
9. “Ok, I’ll move on, but don’t you dare miss me when I’m gone because you have no right.” — Unknown
10. “I’m not going to miss you when you’re gone. I’ll be too busy living my life without you in it.” — Unknown
When I am gone quotes about relationships and love
11. “One day, I hope you look back at what we had and regret every single thing you did to let it end.” — Unknown
12. “Then you’ll whisper my name to fill the silence in your room and ask yourself if I think about you too.” — Angelo Caerlang
13. “One day, you’ll wonder if I still have feelings for you. But by then, my heart won’t recognize you anymore.” — Angelo Caerlang
14. “When you begin to try to replace me, you’ll realize that I was special, and that’s when you’ll miss me the most.” — Unknown
15. “It’s not that I’m angry; You’ve done nothing wrong.I’m just not sure why I’m staying When you’re already gone.” — Margo T. Rose
16. “When I am already long gone, you will realize how much I loved you, but I will not be around to quench the thirst of your loneliness.” — Unknown
17. “One day, you’ll regret pushing me away, for not appreciating my love for you, for assuming I’ll always stay. But it will be too late.” — Angelo Caerlang
18. “One of these days, you’re going to need me like I needed you. You’re going to miss me like I’ve missed you. You’re going to want me as I wanted you.” — Unknown
19. “When you feel your soul drop to the floor like a hole, like an open bleeding sore, then you’ll have bled like I bled and you’ll have wept as I’ve wept.” — Unknown
20. “I hope one day you will realize I did truly care for you. I promise you, you’re going to miss me being there, putting up with you, and refusing to give up on you. Someday, you’ll look back and wish things could have been different. I might have been worthless to you, but I am of great value to myself.” — Unknown
When I am gone quotes about our legacy and being remembered
21. “My goal, though, is to leave good when I’m gone.” — Laura Vosika
22. “It’s hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I’m long gone.” — Aaliyah
23. “When I’m gone, you’ll be sitting in a cafe and say, ‘Do you remember Agnes?’” — Agnes Denes
24. “Not yet; when I’m gone, I’ll be a legend; right now, I’m just very good at what I do.” — Dick Trickle
25. “Remember me when I am gone away, gone far away into the silent land.” — Christina Rossetti
26. “I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song. And, I’ll be an old troubadour when I’m gone.” — George Strait
27. “I have no intent. I have no reason to live, that’s all. When I’m gone, I don’t want to be remembered.” — Julie Anne Peters
28. “When I’m gone I’ll be remembered as the workin’ man who put his point across with a right hand full of knuckles.” — Johnny Cash
29. “The discipline which I have imparted to you will lead you when I am gone. Practice mindfulness diligently, to attain the goal of awakening.” — Gautama Buddha
30. “For as long as you remember me, I am never entirely lost. When I’m feeling most ghost-like, it is your remembering me that helps remind me that I actually exist. When I’m feeling sad, it’s my consolation. When I’m feeling happy, it’s part of why I feel that way. If you forget me, one of the ways I remember who I am will be gone. If you forget, part of who I am will be gone.” — Frederick Buechner
Funny or lighter ‘When I am gone’ quotes
31. “Miss me? Bet you did… so would I.” — Eoin Colfer
32. “Don’t read my diary when I’m gone.” — Kurt Cobain
33. “You wouldn’t kill me. You’d miss me.” — Sophie Marceau
34. “You’re going to miss me, but you’re not going to admit it.” — J. Lynn
35. “Love people, not places. Places don’t miss you when you’re gone.” — Marty Rubin
36. “I miss my mattress when I am gone; It’s one thing I’ve made an impression on.” — Richard Armour
37. “Funny how so many missed me when I was gone yet so few appreciated me when I was here.” ― Ken Poirot
38. “Fix me up with a mannequin; just remember I like blondes. I’ll be the life of the party, even when I’m dead and gone.” — Joe Diffie
39. “People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone… truth is, you knew what you had, you just thought you’d never lose it.” ― Nitya Prakash
Beautiful ‘When I am gone quotes’ about people who have passed on
41. “We are somebody’s memories when we are gone.” ― Devania Annesya
42. “You can’t be gone. I need you here, with me. What am I going to do without you?” ― Patrick Carman, Pulse
43. “Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone, like the afterglow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.” — Rabindranath Tagore
44. “To you, whoever you are, when I am gone—remember to be kind tonight to some lonely person. For me.” — Tennessee Williams
45. “My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.” — Al-Shafi‘i
46. “When your cup is empty, you do not mourn what is gone. Because if you do, you will miss the opportunity to fill it again.” — Sarah Addison Allen
47. “When I am gone, my love, do not look for me in the places we used to go to together. Look for me in the places we always planned to go together.” — Robert Breault
48. “You think there will be a time to say goodbye, but people have often gone before you know about it.” ― Rachel Joyce
49. “Your absence makes the whole world seem empty. No words can explain the sadness in the depths of my soul. For as long as the world keeps spinning, I will miss you.” — Unknown
50. “Whoever said that loss gets easier with time was a liar. Here’s what really happens: The spaces between the times you miss them grow longer. Then, when you do remember to miss them again, it’s still with a stabbing pain to the heart. And you have guilt. Guilt because it’s been too long since you missed them last.” — Kristin O’Donnell Tubb
How do I want people to remember me when I am gone?
Do you often wonder how people will remember you when you are gone?
What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?
There are few things that most people get remembered for.
Other people might remember you for your successes and failures.
These things might include your education and career successes or setbacks.
They might also remember you for your military service or service within your community.
Do you volunteer anywhere or help with a cause that is important to you?
If you give a lot to charity, you might earn a memorial plaque or marker.
Most of these things have to do with how public your life is.
However, your family and friends will probably remember you for how you treated the people closest to you.
Were you kind or closed off?
Did you make sure people were happy or did you not worry about the feelings of others?
Every day is a new chance to build your legacy and do things that people will remember you for.
If you are looking for a good exercise in self-awareness, write down how you think people will remember you.
If you don’t like the answer, it is not too late to make some changes. After all, you are still here!
What’s your biggest takeaway from these when I’m gone quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.