Take a look at these Ada Lovelace quotes to learn more about a woman who is known as the “first computer programmer.”
Ada Lovelace, also known as Augusta Ada King or the Countess of Lovelace, was an influential writer and mathematician.
She was born in London, England, in 1815 and died in London, England, in 1852 at the age of 36.
Ada was born the only legitimate child to Lord Byron and Lady Byron, and her parents separated only a month after Ada was born.
Her mother stressed the importance of education, and Ada excelled in mathematics and logic.
She became a renowned mathematician and is credited with creating the first “computer program” when she designed an algorithm to be carried out by a machine.
Her notes are important in the history of computers, and her great mind helped drive technology forward.
Take a look at these Ada Lovelace quotes to learn more about the “first computer programmer.”
Popular Ada Lovelace Quotes You May Recognize
Enjoy some of the most well-known Ada Lovelace quotes!
1. “I shall, in due time, be a poet.” — Ada Lovelace
2. “I am in a charming state of confusion.” — Ada Lovelace
3. “I never am really satisfied that I understand anything.” — Ada Lovelace
4. “I am never so happy as when I am really engaged in good earnest.” — Ada Lovelace
5. “That brain of mine is something more than merely mortal, as time will show.” — Ada Lovelace
6. “I was rather foolish in saying that I did not like arithmetic and to learn figures when I did.” — Ada Lovelace
7. “Mathematical science shows what is. It is the language of unseen relations between things.” — Ada Lovelace
8. “I am much pleased to find how very well I stand work and how my powers of attention and continued effort increase.” — Ada Lovelace
9. “I don’t wish to be without my brains, tho’ they doubtless interfere with a blind faith which would be very comfortable” — Ada Lovelace
10. “The Analytical Engine, on the contrary, can either add, subtract, multiply or divide with equal facility; and performs each of these four operations in a direct manner, without the aid of any of the other three.” — Ada Lovelace
Deep Ada Lovelace Quotes
Here are some of Ada Lovelace’s deeper quotes.
11. “Religion to me is science, and science is religion.” — Ada Lovelace
12. “The Analytical Engine weaves algebraic patterns, just as the Jacquard loom weaves flowers and leaves.” — Ada Lovelace
13. “The intellectual, the moral, the religious seem to me all naturally bound up and interlinked together in one great and harmonious whole.” — Ada Lovelace
14. “The ideas which led to the analytical engine occurred in a manner wholly independent of any that were connected with the difference engine.” — Ada Lovelace
15. “I find that nothing but very close and intense application to subjects of a scientific nature now seems at all to keep my imagination from running wild.” — Ada Lovelace
16. “I believe myself to possess a most singular combination of qualities exactly fitted to make me pre-eminently a discoverer of the hidden realities of nature.” — Ada Lovelace
17. “Imagination is the Discovering Faculty, pre-eminently … It is that which feels & discovers what is, the REAL which we see not, which exists not for our senses.” — Ada Lovelace
Inspirational Ada Lovelace Quotes
These Ada Lovelace quotes are inspiring!
18. “I think I am more determined than ever in my future plans.” — Ada Lovelace
19. “If you can’t give me poetry, can’t you give me poetical science?” — Ada Lovelace
20. “The more I study, the more insatiable do I feel my genius for it to be.” — Ada Lovelace
21. “The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatsoever to originate anything.” — Ada Lovelace
22. “Forget this world and all its troubles and, if possible, its multitudinous Charlatans– everything in short but the Enchantress of Numbers.” — Ada Lovelace
23. “I should feel it no small glory if I were enabled to be one of his most noted prophets (using this word in my own peculiar sense) in this world.” — Ada Lovelace
24. “One essential object is to choose that arrangement which shall tend to reduce to a minimum the time necessary for completing the calculation.” — Ada Lovelace
25. “We might even invent laws for series or formulas in an arbitrary manner, and set the engine to work upon them, and thus deduce numerical results which we might not otherwise have thought of obtaining.” — Ada Lovelace
Ada Lovelace’s Personal Life
Ada married William King in 1835, and they had two sons and a daughter together.
Ada was extremely intelligent, but by her mid to late twenties, she was involved in numerous rumors of affairs, and she lost a lot of money due to her habit of gambling.
She died from uterine cancer at the young age of 36 and was abandoned by her husband after a deathbed confession.
Please share these Ada Lovelace quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Unlock your creative potential with these dynamic brainstorming exercises for a brighter future. Explore innovative techniques and enhance your planning skills.
Increasing your dedication to work can help you advance your career, improve your financial outlook, and help you achieve goals.
Uncover the 14 essential steps to help you find your true calling and embark on a fulfilling journey of self-discovery with this empowering article.
Wondering why some people can make things happen and others can’t? Know the other things you can do to start becoming more productive today.
Check out these related quote articles:
Through trials, triumphs, and the giggles in between, we are reminded of the beautiful mosaic of school life.
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
There’s only one way to get better in life; these training quotes will show you how.
There is always hope and magic in the world if you simply know where to look for it.