Mail quotes are interesting as well as inspiring for most of the readers.
These are not just ordinary quotes, as we have listed the most prominent and relevant mail quotes.
It won’t take much time for you to find a quote that is impressive and worth sharing.
Besides, we have also talked about the history of mail and email.
We hope you are going to enjoy reading this article.
So, without any further ado, let’s start!
History of Mail
A Frenchman, Jean-Jacques established a postal system in 1653.
He started this service in Paris by setting up mailboxes.
The letter was delivered in pre-paid envelopes that Jean sold.
Rowland Hill was the first person who started mail service in England in 1837.
He also invented the postage stamp.
Due to his efforts, England officially launched its postal service in 1840.
Talking about the US mail service, the United States Postal Service (USPS) started its operation in 1775.
Benjamin Franklin was the founding father of USPS.
He also served as the first postmaster general of the US.
USPS is an independent agency explicitly authorized by the U.S. Constitution.
Importance of the Mail system
Initially, a functional postal service or mail system was necessary for reliable and efficient communication.
In particular, it was a much-needed service in the past for delivering packages and letters over long distances.
Mail systems proved to be equally important for civilian and military purposes.
It has evolved and improved over time.
At present, the mail system is working efficiently throughout the world.
It offers a variety of services, such as:
- First-class mail
- Priority mail
- Express mail
All these services offer a convenient and quick way of delivering documents and packages throughout the world.
History of Email
Email is referred to as a more streamlined and modern way of communication.
The origin of email dates back to 1971, when Ray Tomlinson sent the first email.
This email system was developed through a program named CPYNET.
The ‘@’ symbol that we use now in an email address was also used back then.
Queen Elizabeth was the first monarch to send an email (1976).
With this, email gained massive popularity.
After just two years, Gary Thuerk developed the first email campaign.
For this purpose, he sent a single email to 400 email addresses through a program known as ARPANET.
This was regarded as the first spam email and was criticized by users.
You will also enjoy our article on postage quotes.
Top 10 Mail Quotes
Following are the top 10 mail quotes you would like to read and share.
1. “I get mail; therefore I am.” — Scott Adams
2. “I got a mail from a prison once.” — Chloe Kim
3. “My fan mail is what keeps me going.” — Lil’ Kim
4. “Gentlemen don’t read each other’s mail.” — Henry L. Stimson
5. “My fan mail is enormous. Everyone is under six.” — Alexander Calder
6. “Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them.” — James Fallows
7. “Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail.” — Luciano Pavarotti
8. “I personally call one of my fans every month. I answer all of my own fan mail.” — Keegan Allen
9. “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.” — Johnny Carson
10. “I’ve thought of publishing a book of my hate mail, but I don’t own the rights to the letters.” — Alan Dershowitz
Check out our collection of email quotes if you enjoy this article.
Personal Mail Quotes
Every one of us receives personal mail. Following are quotes that describe the personal mail of the authors.
11. “You wouldn’t believe the kind of hate mail I get about my work on irregular verbs.” — Steven Pinker
12. “When I took command in Vietnam, I gave great emphasis to food and medical care – and to the mail.” — William Westmoreland
13. “I do get a lot of mail. I get a lot of foreign mail because my mail gets mixed with Emilio Estevez.” — Erik Estrada
14. “The day of my wedding, I got a FedEx in the mail. It was my termination papers. I was fired… on my wedding day.” — CM Punk
15. “First job I had, I was 17 years old. I was primarily the mail room boy at the radio station. An FM station. And in those days, nobody listened to FM.” — Dick Clark
16. “No day is similar to another, but usually, mail is part of my start of the day. Our company never sleeps: we have business in 180 countries, so there are no real mornings or nights.” — Hans Vestberg
17. “Twice I had been stopped by these jobs, and I thought the role on Dark Shadows would go on for about three or four weeks. And then, the phenomenon began, the role caught on, the mail started to flood in.” — Jonathan Frid
18. “Alice Adams wrote a sweet note to me after my first novel came out when I was 26, and I was so blown away that I sent her a bunch of stamps by return mail. I have no idea what I was thinking. It was a star-struck impulse.” — Anne Lamott
19. “On my 50th birthday in 2005, my discount-wielding AARP card came in the mail. I hurled it in the trash, put on something fabulous, and had a decadent meal. Just the thought of putting it in my wallet felt like a concession.” — Iman
20. “I have to admit I’ve found myself doing the same things that a lot of other rock stars do or are forced to do. Which is not being able to respond to mail, not being able to keep up on current music, and I’m pretty much locked away a lot. The outside world is pretty foreign to me.” — Kurt Cobain
Fan’s Mail Quotes
Celebrities have a huge fan following, and they receive a lot of mail from their fans. Some of the fan’s mail quotes are below.
21. “I get an awful lot of fan mail, and I read all that I can.” — John Denver
22. “I found through my fan mail that women… really wanted a role model.” — Donna Mills
23. “Because of YouTube, I’m getting fan mail from 10-year-olds and teenagers and college kids.” — Carol Burnett
24. “Although I get so much fan mail from Great Britain, tell me, am I more famous there than Michael Madsen?” — Tom Sizemore
25. “I still get so much fan mail addressed to Carol Brady, and I think a lot of it’s through the Net. And I always answer it, if it’s legible.” — Florence Henderson
26. “I guess I’m not that aware of such a big fan base. I have a few core people who write me no matter what I’m doing, but I hardly have sacks of mail being dropped on my door!” — Julie Bowen
27. “I never looked at fan mail, for some reason. My mother and grandmother handled my mail – although it’s not like I was ever in the stratosphere of Kirk Cameron or Scott Baio.” — Jason Bateman
28. “Even if you’re walking through the airport or going to pick up your mail if you meet a fan and they have a camera, they will take a picture of you, and millions could potentially see that picture – if it’s picked up by a blog or whatever.” — Keri Hilson
29. “I get some of the nicest fan mail you could imagine. Also, when I’m up for an award, my fans all vote online, and then they’ll boast to each other about how many thousands of times they’ve clicked my name. Their thumbs must be bleeding!” — Jason Isaacs
30. “In ‘The Secret Agent,’ it’s basically a character that was admired by Theodore Kaczynski, which is some fan mail you don’t really want to open. This is a man who is a chemist and who specializes in making bombs and despises humanity.” — Robin Williams
Comic Mail Quotes
The following mail quotes are full of comedy and will make you laugh. So enjoy these comic quotes.
31. “It seems a long time since the morning mail could be called correspondence.” — Jacques Barzun
32. “And I did Batman, too. I did, Mr. Freeze. I get more mail for him than anything I’ve ever done.” — Eli Wallach
33. “We now open our mail with gloves and mask, though I can’t imagine why anyone would target a literary agency!” — Richard Curtis
34. “I go online at night, and I order flowers, rare flowers, and then they come in the mail. That’s my fashion detox.” — Zac Posen
35. “Liberal soccer moms are precisely as likely to receive anthrax in the mail as to develop a capacity for linear thinking.” — Ann Coulter
36. “My father had all kinds of instruments in the house that he would hide from my mother. He bought them through mail order!” — Cassandra Wilson
37. “I’d got hit by a mail truck. Broke my leg in two places. Had a cast on for about six months. I was in the first grade. The second half of first grade.” — Jim Harbaugh
38. “Every once in a while, someone will mail me a single popcorn kernel that didn’t pop. I’ll get out a fresh kernel, tape it to a piece of paper and mail it back to them.” — Orville Redenbacher
39. “Whenever I do your show, sometimes I get a little check in the mail, and then I take that check and buy a new pair of shoes, and then I wear those shoes the next time I do your show.” — Amy Sedaris
40. “I like fruit baskets because it gives you the ability to mail someone a piece of fruit without appearing insane. Like, if someone just mailed you an apple, you’d be like, ‘huh? What the hell is this?’ But if it’s in a fruit basket, you’re like, ‘this is nice!’” — Demetri Martin
Realistic Mail Quotes
This list contains mail quotes based on reality. So, let’s check what we’ve got here.
41. “If you want something, it will elude you. If you do not want something, you will get ten of it in the mail.” — Anna Quindlen
42. “As of today, the Postfix mail transport agent has almost 50,000 lines of code, comments not included.” — Wietse Venema
43. “The Postal Service delivers mail six days a week to nearly 140 million addresses. Every year this number increases by 2 million.” — Joe Baca
44. “At least for the people who send me mail about a new language that they’re designing, the general advice is: do it to learn about how to write a compiler.” — Dennis Ritchie
45. “My heart goes out to a missionary who does not receive regular mail from home. Generally, a letter once a week is a good rule. But on the other hand, too much mail can be damaging to a missionary’s morale.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
46. “I hope all of you are going to fill out your census form when it comes in the mail next month. If you don’t return the form, the area you live in might get less government money, and you wouldn’t want that to happen, would you.” — Andy Rooney
47. “CBS started to confiscate our packages and mail as a safety procedure. A lot of packages that people send for the holidays and to our kids we can’t open. A lot of times, they are from overseas. It’s very upsetting at times.” — Hunter Tylo
48. “I think the Postal Service has missed an opportunity to position itself to get a bigger share of the package market and has been facing the declining mail market, driving up cost and not being able to achieve the service standards that it’s put in place.” — Louis DeJoy
49. “If Congress allows the USPS to collapse and private companies take over the mail business, we can expect what we have seen with private internet providers: thorough service in urban areas that will turn a healthy profit, either none or very expensive service in rural areas.” — Heather Cox Richardson
50. “You never forget your first felony. Mine was mail tampering. As a hoops-crazed 13-year-old, I rifled through a new neighbor’s mailbox to confirm that the occupant of the split-level on 98 1/2 Street in Bloomington, Minn., really was former Gophers basketball star Flip Saunders.” — Steve Rushin
Which of these Mail Quotes is your Favorite?
The mail quotes listed above are not only popular, but they also have an inspiring factor.
We have offered a wide range of quotes to help you find the best ones.
You can share these quotes via social media and let others enjoy them.
If you have come across a mail quote that inspires you the most, share it with us.
Use the comments section below.