These Amelia Earhart quotes about adventure are sure to inspire you to reach for your dreams.
Tell us which quote was your favorite in the comments below.
Amelia Earhart, also called ‘Lady Lindy’, was an American aviator and the first female pilot to successfully fly across the Atlantic Ocean.
She disappeared in 1937 while over the Pacific Ocean, in an attempt to fly around the world from the equator.
After numerous search operations, she was in the end, legally declared dead in 1939.
From humble beginnings, Earhart learned to take care of herself.
Despite a less than stellar childhood, she would eventually be led by a series of events that would help her uncover her love for flight and adventure.
Her earlier encounter with aviators was when she volunteered as a nurse’s aide for returning WWI soldiers.
But it was a plane ride at a Long Beach air show in 1920 that forever changed her life.
Upon landing, she knew in her heart that she wanted to fly.
After working, scrimping, and saving, she was finally able to take flying lessons.
The rest as they say was history.
Amelia Earhart was more than a female pilot.
She was also an author (her autobiography: 20 Hrs., 40 Min.), was an associate editor at Cosmopolitan magazine, and a vice president of National Airways.
Even more so, she was an inspiration to women everywhere.
To help you chase your dreams and make your own way in the world, below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, brave, and encouraging Amelia Earhart quotes and sayings.
Discover her fun-loving, yet wise self through this collection of Amelia Earhart quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
The best Amelia Earhart quotes to encourage and empower
1. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
2. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
3. “The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one’s appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship.” – Amelia Earhart
You will also enjoy our article on Nike quotes.
4. “To worry is to add another hazard.” – Amelia Earhart
5. “Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do.” – Amelia Earhart
6. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart
7. “I have a feeling there is just about one more good flight left in my system and I hope this trip is it.” – Amelia Earhart
8. “As far as I know I’ve only got one obsession—a small and probably typically feminine horror of growing old—so I won’t feel completely cheated if I fail to come back.” – Amelia Earhart
9. “Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense.” – Amelia Earhart
10. “I hope that such equality could be carried out in other fields so that men and women may achieve equally in any endeavor they set out.” – Amelia Earhart
Memorable Amelia Earhart quotes and sayings to help you soar
11. “Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization.” – Amelia Earhart
12. “Flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.” – Amelia Earhart
13. “I lay no claim to advancing scientific data other than advancing flying knowledge. I can only say that I do it because I want to.” – Amelia Earhart
14. “The stars seemed near enough to touch and never before have I seen so many.” – Amelia Earhart
15. “I always believed the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, but I was sure of it that night.” – Amelia Earhart
16. “Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture.” – Amelia Earhart
17. “The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune.” – Amelia Earhart
18. “Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace, the soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things.” – Amelia Earhart
19. “The soul’s dominion? Each time we make a choice, we pay with courage to behold restless day and count it fair.” – Amelia Earhart
20. “Everyone has oceans to fly, if they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe. But what do dreams know of boundaries?” – Amelia Earhart
Uplifting Amelia Earhart Quotes about love and life
21. “Being alone is scary, but not as scary as feeling alone in a relationship.” – Amelia Earhart
22. “Experiment! Meet new people. That’s better than any college education…By adventuring; about, you become accustomed to the unexpected. The unexpected then becomes what it really is…the inevitable.” – Amelia Earhart
23. “No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.” – Amelia Earhart
24. “I did for the fun of it.” – Amelia Earhart
25. “…decide…whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying…” – Amelia Earhart
Did these Amelia Earhart quotes make your heart soar?
Amelia Earhart and her unending legacy remain to this day.
While there are still many unanswered questions regarding her disappearance, she’ll always be remembered as one of the most iconic pilots in history.
She’s also left a great imprint in the hearts of women.
You don’t need to go on a transatlantic flight to create your own adventure.
Just take it one day at a time, and always keep these inspiring Amelia Earhart quotes close to your heart.
Which of these Amelia Earhart quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.