These ‘little things’ quotes remind us to pay attention to all the little things in our lives.
These everyday wonders are what our lives are made of, and it is critical that we pay attention to them.
Just why are the little things so important? These little things quotes will show you!
We face almost an innumerable amount of little things every day.
Remember to open your eyes
We can often be blinded to their importance because we are focusing on the ‘bigger picture.’
However, each of these little things builds up and can influence what our big picture looks like.
The little things help define who we are. They help us discover what we like and don’t like, where our strengths and weaknesses lie and help define the type of person we are.
Reading through these ‘little things’ quotes will inspire you to appreciate the things that really matter.
Keep reading through to the end to learn more about why the little things matter most!
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Little things quotes for Instagram
1. “Little things affect little minds.” — Benjamin Disraeli
2. “The little things amount to big things.” — Robin S. Sharma
3. “You can choose to not let little things upset you.” — Joel Osteen
4. “Life is too short to be arguing over some little things.” — Chamillionaire
5. “True greatness consists in being great in little things.” — Charles Simmons
6. “Only by being obsessed with little things do amazing things emerge.” — Andy Dunn
7. “Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from doing little things well.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
8. “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” — John Wooden
9. “It’s no big thing, but you make big things out of little things sometimes.” — Robert Duvall
10. “While I am busy with little things, I am not required to do greater things.” — Saint Francis de Sales
Short little things quotes
11. “Little things please little minds.” — Ovid
12. “It’s the little things that count, hundreds of ‘em.” — Cliff Shaw
13. “Little things console us because little things afflict us.” — Blaise Pascal
14. “I have a lot of objects in my space, little things, reminders, memories.” — Marc Newson
15. “Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.” — Terry McAuliffe
16. “If you look at the big picture, you start losing your focus on the little things.” — Julius Randle
17. “I think it’s important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy.” — Paula Cole
18. “We humans are a minority of giants stumbling around in a world of little things.” — Sue Hubbell
19. “You can’t jump from little things to big things. It just takes time and patience.” — Nadia Comaneci
20. “Practice yourself, for heaven’s sake in little things, and then proceed to greater.” — Epictetus
Little things quotes about success and life
21. “Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.” — Frank A. Clark
22. “It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
23. “The human tendency to regard little things as important has produced very many great things.” — Georg C. Lichtenberg
24. “It’s not some big event that creates the drama, it’s the little things of everyday life that bring about that drama.” — Asghar Farhadi
25. “It is not the straining for great things that is most effective; it is the doing the little things, the common duties, a little better and better.” — Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
26. “I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually they make the difference between winning and losing.” — Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
27. “Before achieving a dream, you need to make very little steps… People don’t understand that when you want to make a big dream you have a lot of fastidious little things you have to do.” — Bertrand Piccard
28. “Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things; to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon.” — Booker T. Washington
29. “One of the greatest resources people cannot mobilize themselves is that they try to accomplish great things. Most worthwhile achievements are the result of many little things done in a single direction.” — Nido Qubein
30. “Every time I start to get worked up over something, I just think to myself, ‘Is this really going to matter in my life tomorrow, in an hour, in a year?’ You just can’t get stressed about the little things ‘cause it’s just not worth it at the end of the day.” — Kylie Jenner
Little things quotes about love and relationships
31. “If I love you, I show you I love you every day. Little things, big things.” — Dwayne Johnson
32. “If you think back to your first love, you always remember them and little things always remind you of them.” — Naya Rivera
33. “God tests and proves us by the common occurrences of life. It is the little things which reveal the chapters of the heart.” — Ellen G. White
34. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
35. “It’s so important in marriage to let the little things go and let the pride go. Forgiveness is so important, and communication. Don’t major on the minors.” — Kimberly Schlapman
36. “Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort.” — Humphry Davy
37. “When you are older you will understand how precious little things, seemingly of no value in themselves, can be loved and prized above all price when they convey the love and thoughtfulness of a good heart.” — Edwin Booth
38. “My wife will tell you it’s the little things, like driving my boys to school on my days off so she can rest. We’re not into PDA, but every time we end a phone conversation, we say ‘sarang,’ which means love in Korean.” — Daniel Dae Kim
39. “Standing as a witness in all things means all things – big things, little things, in all conversations, in jokes, in games played and books read and music listened to, in causes supported, in service rendered, in clothes worn, in friends made.” — Margaret D. Nadauld
40. “In a serious relationship, I will definitely write music about a guy. I’m totally into mix tapes and I’m all about small little things. I’ll drop by their door and just leave a gift or come over if they’re sick and make them chicken noodle soup and rent a DVD and play board games. I think those little things mean a lot to someone.” — Aly Michalka
Little things quotes about joy, happiness, and other emotions
41. “I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.” — Leo Buscaglia
42. “Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things.” — Bruce Barton
43. “The happiness of most people is not ruined by great catastrophes or fatal errors, but by the repetition of slowly destructive little things.” — Ernest Dimnet
44. “If we are faithful to God in little things, we shall gain experience and strength that will be helpful to us in the more serious trials of life.” — Hudson Taylor
45. “Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air.” — Georges Bernanos
46. “Half the joy of life is in little things taken on the run… but let us keep our hearts young and our eyes open that nothing worth our while shall escape us.” — Victor Cherbuliez
47. “I try to find a reason to laugh each day. Somehow, if you can incorporate laughter into your day, every day, it really helps. It’s the little things in life that make me happy.” — Faith Hill
48. “I try to be upbeat. I read this book which tells you to write down everything that you’re grateful for each day. Now I’m constantly noticing all the little things that make me joyful.” — Naomie Harris
49. “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” — Sharon Draper
50. “Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect.” — Victoria Osteen
Reasons the little things in life are important to our happiness
The little things in life can help us from being overwhelmed when bad things happen.
Regardless of how our day has panned out, paying attention to the little things in life will help you shift your mindset.
Appreciating the smiles and kindness of others will help you see the surrounding beauty.
Another reason the little things matter is because they teach us about life.
They reveal things about ourselves and the world around us.
With this knowledge, we are better able to work toward our bigger goals while staying positive.
Finally, they are some moments we will treasure most in this life.
They might seem small, but they are often moments that make us happy, joyful, and leave us feeling blessed.
These little moments and feelings can help strengthen our connections to the people who matter the most to us, too!
So share little moments with those you love more often. And don’t sweat the small stuff!
What do you think about the little things in life?
Share your favorite quotes about the little things with us in the comment section below!
September 9, 2022 9:00 AM EST