Looking for thought-provoking nature quotes and sayings that will help you reconnect with mother earth?
The nature quotes below will remind you of her beauty.
Most of us already know that being in nature has healing properties.
You don’t need to be a doctor to immediately realize how we feel better when we are outside, in nature.
Got tired eyes from working on the computer all day?
Rest your eyes on something green.
Stressed after a long week’s hard work?
A jog around the park should do the trick.
Apart from providing us with food and medicinal herbs, simply being among greenery can help revive weary spirits.
But what if you’re in the urban jungle?
Do you live away from the nearest park or nature reserve?
Don’t worry: there are plenty of ways to live in harmony with nature even while in the city.
For instance, you could keep indoor potted plants at home.
Tiny herb gardens of your favorite spices are also a nice addition.
Check out these amazing nature quotes to help you reconnect with Mother Earth again.
After all, it’s been a while and she misses you…
Also, check out our collection of thoughtful winter quotes for more inspiration.
Inspirational nature quotes to help you reconnect with Mother Earth
1. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
2. “The sunlight claps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea: what are all these kissings worth, if thou kiss not me?” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
3. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
4. “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”- Margaret Atwood
5. “I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It’s so fuckin’ heroic.” – George Carlin
6. “I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.” – William Shakespeare
7. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
9. “We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” – Charlotte Brontë
10. “If I were a tree, I would have no reason to love a human.” – Maggie Stiefvater
Moving nature quotes and sayings
11. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “…and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” – Vincent van Gogh
13. “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
14. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
15. “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold
16. “Our task must be to free ourselves…by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Not just beautiful, though – the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
18. “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” – Joseph Campbell
19. “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboli
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational quotes about the outdoors.
Inspirational nature quotes about the earth and environment
20. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
More beautiful nature quotes to inspire your love for Mother Earth
21. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
22. “…If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love you very much.” – Mary Oliver
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Mary Oliver quotes that will give you a brand new perspective on life.
23. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
24. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” – John Keats
25. “And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”
– Wendell Berry
26. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
27. “The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.” – William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of eyes quotes about the power of sight.
28. “We kill all the caterpillars, then complain there are no butterflies.” – John Marsden
29. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg
Also, read these insightful Greta Thunberg quotes about climate change and more.
Inspirational nature quotes about joy and life
30. “The world’s big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir
31. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
32. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'”―Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.
33. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
34. “I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” – Emma Goldman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rose quotes that celebrate the beautiful flower.
35. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” – Rabindranath Tagore
36. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
37. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
39. “There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
40. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
Nature quotes to remind of its beauty
41. “Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”—John Muir, Our National Parks
42. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Sylvia Plath quotes from the iconic poet.
43. “To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure, is the most perfect refreshment.'”—Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
44. “Is the spring coming?’ he said. ‘What is it like?’ …’It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine, and things pushing up and working under the earth.’” —Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
45. “I believe the world is incomprehensibly beautiful — an endless prospect of magic and wonder.” –Ansel Adams
46. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
48. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” – Robin Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
49. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
49. “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
50. “Mother Nature speaks in a language understood within the peaceful mind of the sincere observer.” – Radhanath Swami
You might also like these Jane Goodall quotes about the environment.
More beautiful nature quotes
51. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” ― Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
52. “I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” ― John Muir
53. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” –Hans Christian Andersen
54. “Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she
achieves her work.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sunflower quotes celebrating the power and beauty of this special plant.
55. “Nature is full of infinite causes that have never occurred in experience.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
56. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the
wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
57. “In nature there are neither rewards or punishments – there are consequences.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
58. “Art is the child of nature in whom we trace the features of the mothers face.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
59. “Wild roses are fairest, and nature a better gardener than art.” ― Louisa May Alcott
60. Flowers are like human beings . . . they thrive on a little
kindness.- Fred Streeter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of flower quotes to remind you to smell the roses.
Beautiful nature quotes about life and the earth
61. “At one time in the world there were woods that no one owned.” – Cormac McCarthy
62. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
63. “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Eriksson
64. “Nature is not our enemy, to be raped and conquered. Nature is ourselves, to be cherished and explored.” ― Terence McKenna
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of explore quotes about the power of travel and adventure.
65. “The earth has its music for those who will listen.” – George Santanaya
66. “To me, Mother Nature isn’t nearly as scary as human nature.” ― Paula Stokes
67. “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.”
― Gretel Ehrlich
68. “There is no better designer than nature.” ― Alexander McQueen
69. “Mother Nature doesn’t care if you’re having fun. ” ― Larry Niven
70. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” ― John Muir
Don’t forget to also read these elephant quotes to celebrate animals and nature.
Nature quotes that will make you appreciate its beauty
71. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
72. “Nothing is art if it does not come from nature.” – Antoni Gaudi
73. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.” – Hal Borland
74. “Architects cannot teach nature anything.” – Mark Twain
75. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
76. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” ― Andy Warhol
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Andy Warhol quotes that will inspire you to look at the world differently today.
77. “Let us give Nature a chance; she knows her business better than we do.” ― Michel de Montaigne
78. “I should like the fields tinged with red, the rivers yellow and the trees painted blue. Nature has no imagination.” ― Charles Baudelaire
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
79. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” ― Jimmy Carter
80. “Earth is the holiest place in the Universe, loving the earth, and loving life is the way to generate positive vibrations.” ― Amit Ray
Nature quotes to elevate your mind
81. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.”― Samuel Butler
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
82. “Nature is my manifestation of God.
I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work.”― Frank Lloyd Wright
83. “If nature has taught us anything it is that the impossible is probable.”― Ilyas Kassam
84. “Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion.”― Lorraine Anderson
85. “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.”― Delia Owens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fall quotes the falling in love.
86. “There is a love of wild nature in everybody, an ancient mother-love showing itself whether recognized or no, and however covered by cares and duties.”― John Muir
87. “It’s very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature.”― Albert Hofmann
88. “I think nature’s imagination Is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.”― Richard Phillips Feynman
89. “Those honor nature well, who teach that she can speak on everything.”― Blaise Pascal
90. “Drive nature out of the door and it will fly in at the window.”― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
91. “In nature nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything changes.”― Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier
92. “Nature never rushes, yet everything gets done.”― Donald L. Hicks
93. “Nature is as well adapted to our weakness as to our strength.”― Henry David Thoreau
94. “Enjoy the peace of Nature and declutter your inner world.”― Amit Ray
95. “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.”― Aldous Huxley
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
Other inspirational nature quotes and sayings
96. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
97. “We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.” – William Hazlitt
98. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” — Khalil Gibran
99. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” –Edward Abbey
100. “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” — Helen Keller
101. “The earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
102. “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” —Native American proverb
103. “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
104. “All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” —Marie Curie
105. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” —Maxime Lagacé
You might also like these John Muir quotes on the mountains of life.
Nature quotes for when you’re missing the outdoors
106. “The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only paradise we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need, if only we had the eyes to see.” ― Edward Abbey
107. “The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
108. “The land knows you, even when you are lost.” ― Robin Wall Kimmerer
109. “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.” ― Daniel Quinn
110. “I never really understood the word ‘loneliness’. As far as I was concerned, I was in an orgy with the sky and the ocean, and with nature.” ― Bjork
111. “As in everything, nature is the best instructor.” ― Adolf Hitler
112. “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news” ― John Muir
113. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” ― Henry David Thoreau
114. “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” ― Frank Lloyd Wright
115. “If you will stay close to nature, to its simplicity, to the small things hardly noticeable, those things can unexpectedly become great and immeasurable.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
Powerful nature quotes to reflect on
116. “Choose only one master—nature.” — Rembrandt
117. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” — Lao Tzu
118. “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” — Rachel Carson
119. “Leave the road, take the trails.” — Pythagoras
120. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
121. “For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” — Jacques-Yves Cousteau
122. “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” — Galileo Galilei
123. “Men argue. Nature acts.” — Voltaire
124. “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” — Zeno
125. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” — William Shakespeare
Nature Quotes To Connect With Your Soul
126. “Nature cannot be tricked or cheated. She will give up to you the object of your struggles only after you have paid her price.” ― Napoleon Hill
127. “It is the marriage of the soul with nature that makes the intellect fruitful, and gives birth to imagination.” ― Henry David Thoreau
128. “Nature is always lovely, invincible, glad, whatever is done and suffered by her creatures. All scars she heals, whether in rocks or water or sky or hearts.” ― John Muir
129. “As you awaken to your divine nature, you’ll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch and experience.” ― Wayne Dyer
130. “Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.” ― Francis Bacon
131. “Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher.” ― William Wordsworth
132. “To grow up in intimate association with nature – animal and vegetable – is an irreplaceable form of wealth and culture.” ― Miles Franklin
133. “The more we exploit nature, The more our options are reduced, until we have only one: to fight for survival.” ― Mo Udall
134. “Nature repairs her ravages,–repairs them with her sunshine and with human labor.” ― George Eliot
135. “Nature goes her own way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
What do you think about these nature quotes and sayings?
However, you choose to add a bit of nature into your life, be sure to make room for everyday joys.
Watch sunrises or sunsets from your window.
Stop and admire the pretty flowers on your way to work.
Try camping on the weekends.
Use your favorite app to help you find great ideas on how to reconnect with Nature.
You don’t need to travel far and wide to feel at peace.
Look out for local parks, beaches, or lakes that are easily accessible to you.
Schedule some ‘you-time’ among still waters and budding blooms.
Or why not bring a friend and share these nature quotes with them.
There’s nothing like heart-to-heart talks during a beautiful sunset (view sunset quotes).
Which of these nature quotes and sayings was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST