Looking for inspirational adventure quotes about traveling around the world?
These quotes about adventure and travel will stir the wanderlust in you.
Are you tired of the same old, day to day?
Are you looking for more adventure in your life?
Do you have a whispering voice that encourages you to go, see and do!
Yes, it’s easy to silence that voice.
It’s easy to get distracted by the day and just get right back into your routine.
But, what’s really holding you back from traveling?
Why can’t you buy the plane ticket?
If you’re being honest with yourself: have you just settled?
Have you talked yourself out of it?
Think about that.
Travel is undeniably the one constant item you’ll find in everybody’s bucket list.
It doesn’t matter if you plan on venturing out nationally or internationally.
Travel is being done for the sake of experience and memories, not just to escape.
It’s more than just a trend; it has become a lifestyle.
According to Trip Barometer, travelers are likely to spend more on sightseeing than on shopping, souvenirs and nightlife combined.
So don’t just lounge for hours on a local beach.
Splurge on that trip instead of material acquisitions.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and cool adventure and travel quotes, sayings and proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a list of inspiring explore quotes to fuel your wanderlust.
Don’t forget to check those as well.
Best Adventure Quotes For A Journey Around The World
1. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” ― Anita Desai
2. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
3. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
4. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” ― Gustave Flaubert
5. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
6. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
7. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
8. “If you think adventure us dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
9. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
10. “Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
11. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchett
12. “Travel makes you realize that no matter how much you know, there’s always more to learn.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
13. “I heard an airplane passing overhead. I wished I was on it.” ― Charles Bukowski
14. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
Also read these motivational camping quotes that will get you outdoors.
Adventure Quotes about Exploration and Fun
15. “Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian proverb
16. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
17. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
18. “The journey, not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
19. “For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
20. “A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” – Gael Attal
21. “Not I, not anyone else, can travel that road for you. You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman
22. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
23. “Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.” – Unknown
24. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in 10 seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
25. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” — T.S Eliot
Inspirational Travel Adventure Quotes about Life
26. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
27. “Adventure, yeah. I guess that’s what you call it when everybody comes back alive.” ― Mercedes Lackey
28. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
29. “…adventures don’t come calling like unexpected cousins calling from out of town. You have to go looking for them.” — Unknown
30. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you’ve traveled.” – Mohammed
31. “If you can’t live longer, live deeper.” – Italian proverb
32. “My heart swings back and forth between the need for routine and the urge to run.” – Unknown
33. “Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s life.” – Mark Twain
34. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
35. “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
36. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
Have you seen these insightful hiking quotes for adventurers?
Best Adventure quotes about seeing the world
37. “Always there has been an adventure just around the corner–and the world is still full of corners.” ― Roy Chapman Andrews
38. “Maybe you had to leave in order to miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.” ― Jodi Picoult
39. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” — Kahlil Gibran
40. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
41. “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little.” – Alexander Sattler
42. “Jobs fill your pocket, adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
43. “No reason to stay is a good reason to go.” – Unknown
44. “Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.” ― C.J. Milbrandt
45. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
46. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
47. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
48. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather
49. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Don’t forget to also read these outdoor quotes for adventurous nature lovers.
Adventure quotes for couples
50. “It’s funny. When you leave your home and wander really far, you always think, ‘I want to go home.’ But then you come home, and of course it’s not the same. You can’t live with it, you can’t live away from it. And it seems like from then on there’s always this yearning for someplace that doesn’t exist. I felt that. Still do. I’m never completely at home anywhere.” ― Danzy Senna
51. I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. — Mark Twain
52. “Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.” – Annonymous
53. “As soon as I saw you, I knew you would be an adventure of a lifetime.” – Winnie the Pooh
54. “I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once to see the world. Twice, to see the way you see the world.” – Anon
55. “A couple who travel together grow together.” – Ahmad Fuadi
56. “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves.” – Andre Gide
57. “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
58. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventure should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
60. ”Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
Adventure quotes that inspire you to tackle the world
61. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” ~ Susan Sontag
62. “And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” – Unknown
63. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ernest Hemingway quotes from the iconic author.
64. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.’’ – John Amatt
65. “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure and go ever upward.” – Drew Houston
66. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
67. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” – J.K. Rowling
68. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” –Rosalia de Castro
69. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” – G. K. Chesterton
70. “I’ll look back on this and smile because it was life and I decided to live it.” – Unknown
You might also like these inspirational hunting quotes that will make you want to head outdoors.
Motivational quotes about adventure and living life to the fullest
71. “I do not have the slightest clue what I am doing…that’s the adventure…I stopped worrying about it…that’s the beauty.” – Jason King
72. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
73. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
74. “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure” – Bob Bitchin
75. “If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new. ” – Johann Friedrick von Schiller
76. “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.” – Unknown
77. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
78. “Life is full of adventure. There’s no such thing as a clear pathway.” – Guy Laliberte
79. “There is no certainty; there is only adventure.” – Roberto Assagioli
80. “The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty ‘YES!’ to your adventure.’’ – Joseph Campbell
You might also like these party quotes that remind you to celebrate life.
Adventure quotes to inspire you to live the life of your dreams
81. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.” ~ Louisa May Alcott
82. “If it’s both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it.” – Erada
83. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.’’ – Jack Kerouac
84. “Anytime I feel lost, I pull out a map and stare. I stare until I have reminded myself that life is a giant adventure, so much to do, to see.” – Angelina Jolie
85. “I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.” – Herman Melville
86. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” – Alan Cohen
87. “We’re not home-and-hearth people. We’re the adventurers, the buccaneers, the blockade runners. Without challenge, we’re only alive.” – Alexander Eliot
88. “If you don’t take risks, you’ll have a wasted soul.” – Drew Barrymore
89. “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T. Bennett
Also, read these San Francisco quotes and sayings that capture the beauty of the city.
Inspirational adventure quotes
90. “Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
91. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”- Michael Althsuler
92. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.’’ – Willfred Peterson
93. “Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” – George Eliot
94. “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” – Nikki Giovanni
95. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
96. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of travel quotes to inspire exploration and learning from others.
97. “Here’s to freedom, cheers to art. Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start.” – Jason Mraz
98. “Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to face many a danger, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle.” – Annie Besant
99. “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.” – Unknown
100. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
Adventure quotes to ignite your wanderlust
101. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” – Karen Blixen
102. “I’m still a kid inside, and adventure is adventure wherever you find it.” – Jim Dale
103. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” ― André Gide
104. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
105. “Life is an adventure, it’s not a package tour.” – Eckhart Tolle
106. “A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.” – Edward Abbey
107. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan McGregor
108. “It’s never too late in life to have a genuine adventure.” – Robert Kurson
109. “It is not death most people are afraid of. It is getting to the end of life, only to realize, that you never truly lived.”– Prince Ea
110. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.’’ – Wilfred Peterson
Also, read these airplane quotes about flying and travel.
Adventure quotes to inspire you to live the life of your dreams
111. “The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” – Rich Ridgeway
112. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
113. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”– Jack Kerouac
114. “Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.” – Andre Geim
115. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” – Yogi Bhajan
116. “All great adventures have moments that are really crap.” ― Ellen Potter
117. “This land may be profitable to those that will adventure it.” – Henry Hudson
118. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.”– Shanti
119. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.’’ – Sue Fitzmaurice
120. “Always there has been an adventure just around the corner–and the world is still full of corners.” ― Roy Chapman Andrews
More adventure quotes and sayings
121. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
122. “Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.”— Michael Jordan
123. “Go where you feel most alive.”— Unknown
124. “Life is a fatal adventure. It can only have one end. So why not make it as far-ranging and free as possible” – Thornton Wilder
125. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.”
– Rachel Wolchin
126. “I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen.” – Laird Hamilton
127. “Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around every once in a while you could miss it.”– Ferris Bueller
128. “The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Thomas Alva Edison
129. “The danger of adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort.”– Paulo Coelho
130. “There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
Adventure quotes to unleash the explorer in you
132. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” ― Barry Finlay
133. “I didn’t say no because between safety and adventure I choose adventure.” ― Craig Ferguson
134. “I always secretly looked forward to nothing going as planned. That way, I wasn’t limited by my imagination. That way, anything can, and always did, happen.” ― Nigel Davis
135. “She had not been much to look at in her youth, and she knew well that only courage is required for an adventure.” ― Leigh Bardugo
136. “The curious are always in some danger. If you are curious you might never come home, like all the men who now live with mermaids at the bottom of the sea. Or the people who found Atlantis.” ― Jeanette Winterson
137. “Don’t ever live vicariously. This is your life. Live.” ― Lavinia Spalding
138. “Make everything an adventure. Otherwise, it will suck.” ― Nita Morgan
139. “A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.” ― Charlie Chaplin
140. “If I see anything vital around me, it is precisely that spirit of adventure, which seems indestructible and is akin to curiosity.” ― Marie Curie
Life’s An Adventure! Which of These Adventure Quotes Spoke To You?
Hop on a plane, take a train or embark on a cruise.
Heck, some even make homes out of their vehicles just so they can travel.
You’ll come back with twice the amount of appreciation for everything, and everyone, you left behind.
So what are you waiting for?
Hopefully, these adventure quotes have inspired you to live the life of your dreams.
Do you have any other adventure quotes to share with us?
Tell us in the comment section below.
July 1, 2022 5:00 AM EST