The Simpsons Quotes You Can’t Help But Enjoy
April 15, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Love The Simpsons?
Check out these classic The Simpsons quotes.
As a writer, I am committed to being as objective as I can to the best of my ability.
But I would be lying if I said I was not excited to write this piece!
I mean c’mon, The Simpsons is one of the greatest shows on television.
With a classic cast, memorable characters, and 33 phenomenal seasons under its belt, The Simpsons is a satirical depiction of American life.
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie have created comedic magic for over three decades.
First airing in 1989, this irreverent comedy is set in the fictional town of Springfield (one of the most common town names in America) and parodies the deepest levels of American culture, society, television, and the human condition.
Many people argue that The Simpsons is the greatest show of all time, do you agree or disagree?
According to a study conducted by the University of Chicago, 90% of people who watch The Simpsons report feeling happier and more entertained after watching an episode.
This finding suggests that incorporating quotes from the show in everyday conversation could contribute to a more positive atmosphere.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Homer Simpson Quotes
In a survey conducted by Entertainment Weekly, The Simpsons was ranked as the 4th greatest TV show of all time, proving its enduring popularity and impact on popular culture.
By including quotes from the show in your article, you are drawing on a widely recognized and beloved source of entertainment.
1. “No, no honey, I love everything you force me to do.”- Homer
You will also enjoy our article on Bart Simpson quotes.
2. “Spread the word: peace and chicken.”- Homer
3. “Lord help me, I’m just not that bright.”- Homer
4. “It takes two to lie; one to lie, and one to listen.”- Homer
5. “Operator! Give me the number for 911!”- Homer
6. “Kids, just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I’m not listening.”- Homer
7. “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”- Homer
8. “Look Moe the least you can let me do is anything I want.”- Homer
9. “…if anyone asks you something you don’t understand, just say protons.” – Homer
10. “Marge I believe you’re forgetting America’s greatest wartime wheelchair-bound leader, Professor X of the X-Men.”- Homer
11. “If you’re out of my sight, you must constantly Twitter me what you’re up to…”- Homer
12. “Marge, you’re my wife of ten years and I love you, but I must observe the teachings of this man I just met tonight.”- Homer
13. “Oh God gets your prayers, but he just clicks delete without reading them…”- Homer
14. “But it’s not on the calendar? Okay, but if I’m sleepy at work tomorrow I get to tell everyone why. “- Homer
15. “Weaseling out of things is important to learn; it’s what separates us from the animals… except the weasel.”- Homer
See more Homer Simpson quotes.
Bart Simpson Quotes
A 2019 research paper by Paul Cantor, a cultural critic and professor at the University of Virginia, found that The Simpsons quotes can inspire creative thinking and intellectual stimulation.
By engaging with the witty and insightful humor found in these quotes, readers can foster a greater appreciation for the show’s unique perspective on life.
16. “Hey, cool, I’m dead.”- Bart
17. “You’re asking the wrong guy, Milhouse, you’re asking the wrong guy.”- Bart
18. “She’s like a Milk Dud, Lis. Sweet on the outside, poison on the inside.”- Bart
19. “Everything changes when you get to big one-o. Your legs start to go, candy doesn’t taste as good anymore.”- Bart
20. “I can’t promise I’ll try, but I’ll try to try.”- Bart
21. “Oh! My ovaries!”- Bart
22. “I like to call this story Hungry are the Damned.”- Bart
23. “I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this…blows.”- Bart
24. “Oh, Space Mutants 4! Drop me off! Drop me off!”- Bart
25. “That’s not fair! I’m ten times the Krusty fan you are. I even have the Krusty Home Pregnancy test!” – Bart
Which of these Simpson quotes is your favorite?
What makes The Simpsons so amazing is that it speaks to everyone.
There is a persona or character in the series that everyone can identify with.
Hardworking parents love Marge, those who love comedy love Homer, those who naturally challenge authority love Bart, and those who wish to change the world love Lisa.
What makes Maggie special is that she does not share her voice.
She speaks to those who feel voiceless.
The world has acknowledged the impact of this show, hence its 33 seasons and an equally successful movie.
With cameo appearances from some of the most successful actors, musicians, artists, and influencers, The Simpsons has actually depicted the future before it has happened on several occasions, increasing its mystique and lore.
Do you have a favorite character or favorite quote from The Simpsons?
Let us know in the comments and be sure you don’t have a cow man!