As a writer, I am committed to being as objective as I can to the best of my ability.
But I would be lying if I said I was not excited to write this piece!
I mean c’mon, The Simpsons is one of the greatest shows on television.
With a classic cast, memorable characters, and 33 phenomenal seasons under its belt, The Simpsons is a satirical depiction of American life.
First airing in 1989, this irreverent comedy is set in the fictional town of Springfield (one of the most common town names in America) and parodies the deepest levels of American culture, society, television, and the human condition.
Many people argue that The Simpsons is the greatest show of all time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Homer Simpson Quotes
Homer Simpson will always be an iconic character.
1. “No, no honey, I love everything you force me to do.” — Homer
2. “Spread the word: peace and chicken.” — Homer
3. “Lord help me, I’m just not that bright.” — Homer
4. “It takes two to lie; one to lie, and one to listen.” — Homer
5. “Operator! Give me the number for 911!” — Homer
6. “Kids, just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I’m not listening.” — Homer
7. “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” — Homer
8. “Look Moe the least you can let me do is anything I want.” — Homer
9. “…if anyone asks you something you don’t understand, just say protons.” — Homer
10. “Marge, I believe you’re forgetting America’s greatest wartime wheelchair-bound leader, Professor X of the X-Men.” — Homer
11. “If you’re out of my sight, you must constantly Twitter me what you’re up to…” — Homer
12. “Marge, you’re my wife of ten years and I love you, but I must observe the teachings of this man I just met tonight.” — Homer
13. “Oh God gets your prayers, but he just clicks delete without reading them…” — Homer
14. “But it’s not on the calendar? Okay, but if I’m sleepy at work tomorrow, I get to tell everyone why. ” — Homer
15. “Weaseling out of things is important to learn; it’s what separates us from the animals… except the weasel.” — Homer
Bart Simpson Quotes
Bart Simpson, the mischievous skateboarder is the ultimate troublemaker in Springfield.
16. “Hey, cool, I’m dead.” — Bart
17. “You’re asking the wrong guy, Milhouse, you’re asking the wrong guy.” — Bart
18. “She’s like a Milk Dud, Lis. Sweet on the outside, poison on the inside.” — Bart
19. “Everything changes when you get to big one-o. Your legs start to go; candy doesn’t taste as good anymore.” — Bart
20. “I can’t promise I’ll try, but I’ll try to try.” — Bart
21. “Oh! My ovaries!” — Bart
22. “I like to call this story Hungry are the Damned.” — Bart
23. “I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this…blows.” — Bart
24. “Oh, Space Mutants 4! Drop me off! Drop me off!” — Bart
25. “That’s not fair! I’m ten times the Krusty fan you are. I even have the Krusty Home Pregnancy test!” — Bart
Which of these Simpson quotes is your favorite?
What makes The Simpsons so amazing is that it speaks to everyone.
There is a persona or character in the series that everyone can identify with.
Hardworking parents love Marge, those who love comedy love Homer, those who naturally challenge authority love Bart, and those who wish to change the world love Lisa.
What makes Maggie special is that she does not share her voice.
She speaks to those who feel voiceless.
The world has acknowledged the impact of this show, hence its 33 seasons and an equally successful movie.
With cameo appearances from some of the most successful actors, musicians, artists, and influencers, The Simpsons has actually depicted the future before it has happened on several occasions, increasing its mystique and lore.
Do you have a favorite character or favorite quote from The Simpsons?
Let us know in the comments, and be sure you don’t have a cow, man!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Learn to stop the negative effects of social media. Follow these tips so you won’t have to feel sad each time you open your Facebook.
Want to become a better friend? Here are five common beliefs that might keep you from being the friend you really want to be.
Low self-esteem in children leads to adults with low self-esteem.
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
Check out these related quote articles:
One is a genius, and the other’s insane. If you have forgotten what Pinky always says to Brain, read through these Pinky & The Brain quotes.
These SpongeBob quotes about life will make you see there’s a lot more to this famous cartoon than just laughs.
Enjoy these Scooby-Doo quotes about the best mystery-solving dog and friends in the business.
Check out these Bugs Bunny quotes that will make you laugh!