If you have ever had something or someone getting on your nerves, you will relate to these bothered quotes!
Merriam-Webster defines “bothered” as “feeling or showing agitation, worry, annoyance, etc.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Letting too many things bother you can be unhealthy, so here are some tips on how to avoid feeling bothered:
- Remaining silent and taking a breath instead of voicing your annoyance is not a weakness but a strength that will calm you down.
- Don’t blow up a small thing and make it bigger than it is.
- Focus on the positive instead of the negative in each situation.
- Journal about the things that bother you so you can healthily release them instead of exploding in anger.
Read these bothered quotes to see if you can relate to any of the situations.
Top Bothered Quotes
Here are some popular quotes about being bothered.
1. “God is not bothered by your persistence. Keep asking.” — Lecrae
2. “The epithets of imbeciles have never bothered me.” — Rosa Bonheur
3. “Beware of the person who can’t be bothered by details.” — William Feather
4. “The dead have never bothered me. It’s the living that I fear.” — Patricia Cornwell
5. “Heaven is full of answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask.” — Billy Graham
6. “The older you get, the lesser you are bothered by what others think.” — Ruskin Bond
7. “To be bothered wherever you go—it’s not a rational thing to want at all.” – Colin Firth
8. “We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while.” — Ray Bradbury
9. “I always outworked everybody. Work never bothered me as it bothers some people.” – Ben Hogan
10. “I am not bothered by what people say. You have always different opinions.” — Aleksander Mitrovic
Choosing Not to Be Bothered Quotes
These quotes show why sometimes it’s best not to allow yourself to be bothered by things outside of your control.
11. “I’ve never bothered about my color.” — Tina Turner
12. “I’ve never bothered about what people say about me.” — Dennis Skinner
13. “Longevity has never bothered me at all; I have studied longevity for years.” — Frank Buckles
14. “Luckily, I’m not one of those people who wants to be young; it’s never bothered me.” — Boy George
15. “I’m not bothered about what people say behind my back. I don’t need to know about it.” — Rani Mukerji
16. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
17. “I come from a pretty tough background and I learned a long time ago not to be bothered.” — Bob Ainsworth
18. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” — Rort Tew
19. “I never bothered about critics in the first place. And I’m not out to prove anything to anyone.” — Shruti Haasan
10. “I have found that I get a better reaction from people once I am less bothered about their reaction.” — William Hague
Bothered Quotes About What Bothers People
Learn some of the different things people are bothered by.
21. “If I start competing with others, I will be bothered about others.” — Jackky Bhagnani
22. “I don’t believe that anyone is not bothered by critics. I think that everybody cares.” — Miuccia Prada
23. “I have learned a lot about myself and come to deal with a lot of things that, at first, bothered me.” — Reba McEntire
24. “Celebrities work all their lives for attention, so I never get bothered about the attention on our relationship or wedding.” — Rahul Vaidya
25. “The thing that bothered me when I was in college was that I saw myself rejecting the way of life that got me to where I was.” — Clarence Thomas
26. “It never bothered me when people said, ‘You only win championships because you’re playing with Shaq.’ It bothered me when he said it.” — Kobe Bryant
27. “You can say whatever you want about me; I’m not really bothered. But when it starts to upset people I care about, or I hear about it from my mum, then that’s a problem.” — Zayn Malik
28. “When rock came along, the lyrics and melodies became less important, and it bothered me to think that perhaps they might not regain the value they have to music—they are music.” — Dinah Shore
29. “I have been both praised and criticized. The criticism stung, but the praise sometimes bothered me even more; to have received such praise and honors has always been puzzling to me.” — Billy Joel
30. “The word ‘happiness’ always bothered me, partly because it was scientifically unwieldy and meant a lot of different things to different people, and also because it’s subjective.” — Martin Seligman
More Quotes About Not Being Bothered
Learning not to allow things to bother you can drastically change your life.
31. “Most of the ideas belonged to other people who never bothered to develop them.” — Thomas Edison
32. “I lose myself in music because I can’t be bothered explaining what I feel to anyone else around me.” — Robert Smith
33. “The funny thing is, I’m not bothered or sad about being on my own—after all, I’ve never had a husband.” — Francesca Annis
34. “I don’t get bothered by the media. There is nothing in the media that makes me lose any sleep at night.” — Robert Jeffress
35. “It’s never bothered me to work hard. I’ve probably worked on some of the longest schedules in movie history.” — Kevin Costner
36. “America doesn’t want to take over the world; in many ways, we don’t want to be bothered by the rest of the world.” — Jerry Springer
37. “Don’t be bothered by troubles because they are generally guests we ourselves invite—they will stay for some time and then leave.” — Amit Abraham
38. “I don’t think my fans need to be bothered with if I’m mad or sad about something. I should just be concerned that they are keeping up with my music or I’m making them happy with my show.” — Demi Lovato
39. “Age is just a number, and I know so many women who look fabulous at 40, 50, and 60, so it doesn’t scare me. It’s inevitable—I will get older, and the wrinkles will come, but I’m not that bothered.” — Louise Nurding
40. “I’ve been bothered about time generally and our tripartite division of time into past, present, and future. I think I know what the past is, and I think I know what the future is, but I’m really not comfortable with the notion of present.” — Martin Seligman
More Bothered Quotes
Enjoy these additional quotes and perspectives about being bothered.
41. “Nobody is bothered about an institution more than its alumni.” — N.R. Narayana Murthy
42. “I remember thinking I couldn’t be bothered to feel any emotions anymore.” — Adwoa Aboah
43. “My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.” — Hugh Prather
44. “I tend to buy an awful lot of stuff, like clothes and things. But I wouldn’t be bothered if my house burns down tomorrow.” — Robin Williams
45. “When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness.” — Eckhart Tolle
46. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” — Arthur Somers Roche
47. “Entertainers are there to entertain. They aren’t there to teach your children the lessons that you haven’t bothered to teach them at home yourself.” — Wentworth Miller
48. “If the past cannot teach the present and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time.” — Russell Hoban
49. “We have such little mystery in our lives generally because of how we live now. I mean, of course, mystery is all around us, but the way we live our lives now, we’re too busy to be bothered with it.” — Kate Bush
50. “I’m just observing the world, I was born into it like you were, and then I found out there were some really disturbing aspects to being alive, like the fact that you weren’t going to be alive forever—that bothered me.” — David Cronenberg
What Are Some Things That People Do That Bothers Others?
You cannot live your life avoiding bothering anyone or being bothered by everyone, but here are some things that bother most people:
- When someone uses their phone while you are talking to them
- When someone talks loudly on their phone in a public place
- Humblebragging – bragging is bragging
- Not holding the door for someone behind you
Many other things bother people, but those are a good starting point.
Please share these bothered quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about things that bother you in the comment section below.