These healthy eating quotes will help you improve your diet.
Eating healthy is the best choice to make for your diet. It is vital for good health and can reduce the risk of numerous chronic health conditions. It also helps maintain a healthy weight and gives you more energy to enjoy life.
If you are trying to improve your diet, health experts recommend you try to monitor how much you eat each day, eat a wide variety of foods, base your diet on cereals and whole grains, and increase fruit and vegetable consumption. Also, drink plenty of water and reduce consumption of fat, salt and sugar.
Your thoughts make a big difference, so try to maintain a mindset that inspires healthier eating. If you’re trying to change your eating habits but slip up and mindlessly eat, get back up and keep trying. Remember that change doesn’t happen overnight. The most important thing is to keep going in the right direction.
Why is it important to eat healthy?
To help you make healthy choices in what you eat all the time, below is our collection of healthy eating quotes, healthy eating sayings, and healthy eating proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of healthy living quotes.
Healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices
1. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
2. “Healthy does NOT mean starving yourself EVER. Healthy means eating the right food in the right amount”. – Karen Salmansohn
3. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams
5. “After dinner rest a while; after supper walk a mile.” – T. Cogan
6. “Eating healthy food fills your body with energy and nutrients. Imagine your cells smiling back at you and saying: “Thank you!”.” – Karen Salmansohn
7. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need”. – Ayurvedic Proverb
8. “Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.” – Jules Robson
9. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
10. “Sorry, there´s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.” ― Morgan Spurlock
Healthy eating quotes to help you improve your diet
11. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” – Mark Twain
12. “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” ― Buddha
13. “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned.” – Naval Ravikant
14. “It is exercise alone that supports the spirits and keeps the mind in vigor.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
16. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
17. “Don’t allow a love problem or work problem to become an eating problem. Stop trying to stuff your feelings down with food.” – Karen Salmansohn
18. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – Proverb
19. “In my food world, there is no fear or guilt, only joy and balance. So no ingredient is ever off-limits. Rather, all of the recipes here follow my Usually-Sometimes-Rarely philosophy. Notice there is no Never.” ― Ellie Krieger
20. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
Also read these farming quotes that will make you appreciate the harvest.
Healthy eating quotes that will give you energy to enjoy your life
21. “Eating crappy food isn’t a reward — it’s a punishment.” ― Drew Carey
22. “From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health.” –Catalan Proverb
23. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Tony Robbins
24. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
25. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
26. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” ― Winston Churchill
27. “Take care of yourself, be healthy, and always believe you can be successful in anything you truly want.” – Alessandra Ambrosio
28. “Health requires healthy food.” – Roger Williams
29. “Nobody can be in good health if he does not have all the time fresh air, sunshine and good water.” – Flying Hawk
30. “The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor.” –Chinese Proverb
Healthy eating quotes to help you improve your nutrition
31. “Keep healthy veggies at home, so you’ll snack on healthy veggies.” – Karen Salmansohn
32. “Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.” – Mark Halperin
33. “The scientific truth may be put quite briefly; eat moderately, having an ordinary mixed diet, and don’t worry.” – Robert Hutchison
34. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
35. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” –Hippocrates
36. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
37. “It’s not enough to eat veggies and do yoga. You also must work on healing the stress and anger in your life.” – Karen Salmansohn
38. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” –Doug Larson
39. “What you eat literally becomes you. you have a choice in what you’re made of.” Anonymous
40. “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” –William Londen
You might also like these awesome veganism quotes to inspire your new diet.
Healthy eating quotes to inspire and motivate you
41. “Appreci-eat” your food! Savor the flavor and eat slowly. It takes your body about 20 minutes to realize it’s full. –Karen Salmansohn
42. “Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy, and spirit you possess or takes away from it.” – Ann Wigmore
43. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
44. “If you don’t take time to take care of your health now, you’re gonna have to make time for feeling sick and tired later.” – Karen Salmansohn
45. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
46. “Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Mentors won’t make you rich. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself.” – Naval Ravikant
47. “Health is a relationship between you and your body” – Terri Guillemets
48. “Water, air and cleanliness are the chief articles in my pharmacopoeia.” – Napoleon
49. “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” – Dr. Edward
50. “Time And health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
You might also like these Guy Fieri quotes from the host of diners, drive-ins, and dives.
Healthy eating quotes that will make you think before you take a bite
51. “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.”— Hippocrates
52. “To avoid sickness eat less; to prolong life worry less.” – Chu Hui Weng
53. “Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.”— Michael Pollan
54. “Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.” – Craig Claiborne
55. “You are what you eat.”— Michael Pollan
56. “The primary reason diseases tend to run in families may be that diets tend to run in families.” – Michael Greger
57. “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”— Michael Pollan
58. “Focus on health, energy, vitality – not weight.” – Karen Salmansohn
59. “One should eat to live, not live to eat” – Benjamin Franklin
60. “Some people are willing to pay the price and it’s the same with staying healthy or eating healthy. There’s some discipline involved. There’s some sacrifices.” – Mike Ditka
Healthy eating quotes to live by
61. “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.”— Karen Sessions
62. “If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.” – Michael Pollan
63. “About eighty percent of the food on shelves of supermarkets today didn’t exist 100 years ago.”― Larry McCleary
64. “By choosing healthy over skinny, you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
65. “Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.”― Astrid Alauda
66. “A healthy diet is a solution to many of our health-care problems. It’s the most important solution.” – John Mackey
67. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.” – Brillat-Savarin
68. “Nothing has benefited me more physically, mentally and most important spiritually, then adapting a vegan diet. The best decision I have made as a human for me and the planet.” – Tim Shieff, Professional Freerunner
69. “Let things taste of what they are.”― Alice Waters
70. “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Healthy eating quotes for you and your kids
71. “Every girl and dude should be eating healthy food.” – Unknown
72. “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
73. “Cake and pie may taste like heaven, but you’ll regret them when you turn 37!” – Unknown
74. “Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.” – Unknown
75. “Full of energy you will feel, after eating a healthy meal.” – Unknown
76. “Nutrition is the only remedy that can bring full recovery and can be used with any treatment. Remember, food is our best medicine!” – Bernard Jensen
77. “Even in this high-tech age, the low-tech plant continues to be the key to nutrition and health.” – Jack Weatherford
78. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
79. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.“ – La Rochefoucald
80. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
More healthy eating quotes and sayings
81. “Healthy cooking is the best preventive medicine.” – Unknown
82. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” – Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
83. “I choose healthy foods for me, to stay as healthy as can be.” – Unknown
84. “There is nothing unhealthy about educating youngsters about nutrition.” – Pierre Dukan
85. “Eat healthy day and night, to keep your future looking bright.” – Unknown
86. “Eating a high-nutrient diet actually makes you more satisfied with less food, and actually gives the ability to enjoy food more without overeating.” – Joel Fuhrman
87. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
88. “Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.” – Mike Adams
89. “Investing in early childhood nutrition is a surefire strategy. The returns are incredibly high.” – Anne M. Mulcahy
90. “When walking, walk. When eating, eat.” – Rashaski · Zen Proverb
Did these healthy eating quotes inspire you?
Maintaining a healthful diet is one of the best choices to make. Eating healthy provides the necessary nutrients that your body needs, helps prevent future diseases such as diabetes and cancer, ensures you have more energy and much more.
Although many people resolve to improve their diet, only a few actually make it a reality. We hope the quotes above will help you make better choices in what you eat; whether you want to reduce your weight, or because you want to improve your nutritional health.
How did you find these healthy eating quotes? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 17, 2021 5:30 AM EST