If you love chickens, our list of chicken quotes will serve as a treat for you.
Here, we have offered some of the most popular quotes about chickens.
We hope you enjoy reading and sharing these quotes with your friends and family.
Apart from this, we’ve also discussed the interesting aspects associated with chickens.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
Chickens Are Entertaining Creatures
When it comes to farmyard charm, chickens are the center of attention.
Due to their delightful behavior, chickens bring amusement and joy to us.
Chickens are also popular for their unique personalities.
Their interesting behaviors never disappoint us and always add fun to our lives.
Traditions and Cultural References
Chickens are quite popular in a wide range of cultures.
So, they have cultural references and traditional aspects that are worth noting.
Their key aspects, like playfulness and significance, are famous across various societies.
According to Chinese culture, a chicken is among the twelve different animals that represent the Chinese zodiac.
Those born under the rooster sign are thought to be possessing impressive characteristics like:
Chicken mascots are quite popular among food brands and sports teams.
This is so, as a rooster’s delightful and quirky little characteristics serve as the perfect mascot.
These feathered creatures represent spirit, enthusiasm, and loyalty.
Some other aspects include playfulness and fun.
This is why chicken mascots are part of different celebrations and events.
Chicken-Themed Events and Festivities
As stated above, chickens have been a part of different festivals and events.
Their association with such celebrations adds joy and fun for the participants.
Hence, people of all ages enjoy chicken-themed events and festivities.
There are a few communities around the globe that hold chicken parades.
During these parades, participants dress up like roosters or chickens.
People wearing costumes serve as a reason to smile for the audience.
These are light-hearted parades, which have only one purpose, and that is to bring people together.
Through these parades, participants try to display their creativity and spread some humor among the audience.
Chicken festivals are also held in various parts of the world.
These festivities are dedicated to poultry and chickens.
Most of the featuring activities include:
- Egg decorating contests
- Chicken races
- Culinary competitions
Through these activities, humans celebrate and acknowledge the way chickens have contributed to our lives.
Top 10 Chicken Quotes and Sayings
Here are our top 10 chicken quotes by famous people around the world.
1. “I make a good roast chicken.” — Claudia Winkleman
2. “My favorite dish is tandoori chicken.” — Shah Rukh Khan
3. “My arm bones looked like chicken bones.” — Tammy Duckworth
4. “My favorite meal has always been fried chicken.” — Tom Watson
5. “I have a great time cooking and eating Thai green chicken curry.” — Akshay Kumar
6. “When you roast a chicken perfectly, there’s nothing more delicious.” — Marco Pierre White
7. “I’ve had business sense since I was very young. I sold chicken eggs when I was six.” — Isabel dos Santos
8. “By virtue of being half Punjabi and half Sikh, tandoori chicken was my staple diet.” — Vivek Oberoi
9. “I feel like I was wandering around like a lost chicken for the first two years of my career.” — Luke Campbell
10. “I unfortunately still crave chicken McNuggets and bacon, which is the meat candy of the world.” — Katy Perry
Thought-Provoking Chicken Quotes
Get inspired by these insightful chicken quotes that will make you ponder life and all its complexities.
11. “Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
12. “Religion is no more the parent of morality than an incubator is the mother of a chicken.” — Lemuel K. Washburn
13. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” — Arnold H. Glasow
14. “A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.” — Larry Elder
15. “I’ve always said fashion is like roast chicken: You don’t have to think about it to know it’s delicious.” — Alber Elbaz
16. “A woman’s whole life is spent making chicken curry while her husband works. Then, any time he likes, he can kick her out.” — Asma Jahangir
17. “A Jewish woman had two chickens. One got sick, so the woman made chicken soup out of the other one to help the sick one get well.” — Henny Youngman
18. “Our motto is we respect and honor the pigness of the pig and the chickenness of the chicken. That means not confining them in a house with hundreds of others.” — Joel Salatin
19. “Don’t do anything to upset the victimhood apple cart, because then young women may want to think for themselves, and the entire racket of feminism ran by women who butter their bread by playing Chicken Little to the subsequent generation would be penniless.” — Dana Loesch
20. “You could think of the galaxy as a sort of stove with lots of pots on it, and the pots are the interstellar medium, like a chicken broth getting stronger with every reduction. Every time a supernova goes off and sends its heavy elements out into the interstellar medium, we cook up a stew that’s better and better for solar systems and life.” — Sandra Faber
Chicken Quotes Related to Diet
The chicken diet provides a significant amount of protein and is loved by many people. The following quotes show why.
21. “I eat chicken and rice, steak, and baked potato. That’s it.” — Ronnie Coleman
22. “The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.” — Maya Angelou
23. “America is a such a melting pot, I’m not sure if roast chicken is the classic comfort food for everybody.” — Eric Ripert
24. “Everyone loves fried chicken, Don’t ever make it. Ever. Buy it from a place that makes good fried chicken.” — Nora Ephron
25. “I eat the same foods almost every day. I have my favorites like Filipino beef broth, chicken soup with lots and lots of rice.” — Manny Pacquiao
26. “Almost every culture has its own variation on chicken soup, and rightly so – it’s one of the most gratifying dishes on the face of the Earth.” — Yotam Ottolenghi
27. “I used to eat a whole chicken every day for lunch. I did that for four years. But it got tiring – go to the store, buy it, eat it. It’s a mess.” — Adam Driver
28. “One thing I love most about New York is the variety of amazing foods you can eat. My all-time favorite is the Chicken Parmigianino at Jean Georges.” — Melania Trump
29. “I don’t diet. I’ll eat fish; I’ll eat baked chicken, pasta, and beans. When the body is telling you, ‘You need to indulge in something,’ you need to give the body what it wants.” — Jerry Rice
30. “My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That’s the key. I may be up early, but I’m in bed early, too.” — Magic Johnson
Chicken Quotes About Bird Chicken
The following quotes are related to bird chickens and show various facts and needs of chickens.
31. “A chicken grows up in a little less time than an ostrich. An ostrich takes a whole year. A chicken takes a few months.” — Jack Horner
32. “For people who think of chicken as the meat choice of those-who-don’t-really-like-meat, bringing a bird will be a revelation.” — Yotam Ottolenghi
33. “If I had to live on a desert island, and somebody gave me a chicken, there’s no way I’d kill it – I’d call it Henry and make it my friend.” — Anita Dobson
34. “It’s like a ‘chicken or the egg’ thing. We’re all part of the culture. We’re reflecting it; we’re changing it. So, yeah, I think culture is always changing.” — Roz Chast
35. “The domesticated chicken is probably the most widespread bird in the annals of planet Earth. If you measure success in terms of numbers, chickens, cows, and pigs are the most successful animals ever.” — Yuval Noah Harari
36. “I believe giving pets ‘people food,’ while tempting, is generally frowned upon. As a pet owner, you want to prioritize your animal’s health over the entertainment value in watching your little guy bat around a small piece of chicken.” — Aesop Rock
37. “My parents always wanted me to do the right thing. My mom, I think her exact words were, ‘You’re not a chicken in the coop playing in the scraps; you’re an eagle.’ I was like, ‘Oh, OK… ’ But really, I’ve used that throughout my life.” — J. J. Redick
38. “One day, I just thought, if you see a bird with a broken leg, you really have the urge to do something about it and help the bird. Then, at the same time, you go to a restaurant and eat a chicken or something. It doesn’t make any sense.” — Patrik Baboumian
39. “If you help a chicken out of an egg, most of the time, that bird will die. If you help a moth out of a cocoon, it’ll die because they don’t go through that struggle and maturation. I can give you a fish for the day, and you’ll eat a day, but if I teach you to fish, you’ll eat for a lifetime. Maybe even start a business.” — Ted Yoho
40. “There’s always the danger when you have influenzas that infect chickens, that when you have the close quarters of chickens spreading from one to another and occasionally a human coming into close contact, there will be the jumping of species from a chicken to a human. This is not something new.” — Anthony Fauci
Comical Chicken Quotes
These chicken quotes have comic nature and will make you laugh. Don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
41. “Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” — Chuck Palahniuk
42. “Why did the chicken cross the road? To prove to the possum that it could be done.” — S. Truett Cathy
43. “I’m a bit of a chicken when it comes to seeing potentially horrifying things on the Internet.” — Katharine Isabelle
44. “If you eat a chicken wing or a chicken tender in some parts of the country, I probably supplied it.” — Herschel Walker
45. “I’m going to say it out loud: I’m available for England selection if they serve chicken for pre-match.” — Adebayo Akinfenwa
46. “What’s the two things they tell you are healthiest to eat? Chicken and fish. Do you know what you should do? Combine them, eat a penguin.” — Dave Attell
47. “My sets are not peaceful. It’s a beautiful catastrophe. I am running around like a headless chicken. I don’t sleep because I am writing. It’s manic.” — Michaela Coel
48. “I like animals, all animals. I wouldn’t hurt a cat or a dog – or a chicken or a cow. And I wouldn’t ask someone else to hurt them for me. That’s why I’m a vegetarian.” — Peter Dinklage
49. “If you look at me close enough, there’s a small resemblance to a chicken nugget. I don’t know if it’s my skin texture or my hair, but the resemblance is definitely there.” — Kevin Hart
50. “I grew up in Chicago with a single mother. I’m the youngest of six kids, and my older siblings are much older than me. When your siblings are that much older, you never get to ride in the front seat of the car; you never get the chicken breast.” — Mellody Hobson
Which of these Chicken Quotes is your Favorite?
Chickens can serve as a delightful combo of amusement and entertainment.
They have lively behavior, which can bring smiles to our faces.
Similarly, the chicken quotes above also prove to be highly entertaining for the readers.
Sharing these quotes can turn out to be a fun-filled activity.
If you have found your favorite chicken quotes, let us know in the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.