If you have ever struggled to repair a poor credit score, you can appreciate these credit repair quotes.
Credit is your financial power to borrow so that you can get a loan or a credit card, and your credit score is based on your income and your previous experiences or repaying loans or paying your bills on time.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Credit repair is the act of correcting a poor credit score that could have resulted from several different situations, such as:
- Divorce – A divorce can often leave one or both parties struggling to repay loans that may have been taken out when there were two incomes to repay the loan.
- Loss of job – An unexpected layoff or firing can result in the inability to repay loans or bills.
- Health situation – A health situation that prevents you from working and piles up medical bills can be difficult to overcome.
- Poor economy – A poor economy can make it hard to get a job or at least a job that pays you your worth and can be a financial strain.
Read these credit repair quotes to learn more about repairing your credit.
Best Credit Repair Quotes
Enjoy these quotes all about repairing your credit.
1. “Debt is the worst poverty.” — Thomas Fuller
2. “When you get in debt, you become a slave.” — Andrew Jackson
3. “You can only fix a financial problem by fixing yourself.” — Nancy Levin
4. “Doubting yourself is normal. Letting it stop you is a choice.” — Mel Robbins
5. “If you’re thinking of debt, that’s what you’re going to attract.” — Bob Proctor
6. “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.” — Will Rogers
7. “Pay off your debt first. Freedom from debt is worth more than any amount you can earn.” — Mark Cuban
8. “You have to find a way that works for you to focus on prosperity, despite the bills around you.” — Rhonda Byrne
9. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
10. “Your goal should be to pay off your credit card bills in full at the end of each month and set aside money toward your emergency savings.” — Suze Orman
Credit Repair Quotes About Credit Cards
Here are some credit card quotes about one of the main reasons why credit must be repaired.
11. “Procrastination is like a credit card: it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill.” — Christopher Parker
12. “Debt is the new American slavery, and its chains are made of credit cards.” — Elizabeth Warren
13. “Happiness is all too often pursued through the use of a credit card.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
14. “When I read a novel, I don’t want credit cards; I want cash in ducats and gold doubloons.” — Roman Payne
15. “As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you’re grown up, a credit card does it.” — Sam Ewing
16. “I haven’t reported my missing credit card to the police because whoever stole it is spending less than my wife.” — Ilie Nastase
17. “My advice is to treat [credit cards] like what they are: little plastic grenades that must be handled very carefully.” — Elizabeth Warren
18. “Why don’t we call on the credit card companies to be accountable? They need to be held accountable for their predatory lending practices.” — Paul Wellstone
19. “I try to use my debit card rather than a credit card, but I will use a credit card for big purchases because I bank with Coutts and I get points.” — Sean Pertwee
20. “If you pay your credit card off every month, get a rewards card. One that gives you airline miles or that will give you 1 percent cash back at least on every purchase.” — Aaron Patzer
Credit Repair Quotes For Getting Out of Debt
Keep these ten quotes in mind whenever you think about getting out of debt.
21. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
22. “A debt problem is, at its core, a budgeting problem.” — Natalie Pace
23. “Creditors have better memories than debtors.” — Benjamin Franklin
24. “I make myself rich by making my wants few.” — Henry David Thoreau
25. “Bad debt is sacrificing your future day needs for your present-day desires.” — Suze Orman
26. “Instead of figuring out how to make ends meet, work on having fewer ends.” — Courtney Carver
27. “Rich people plan for three generations. Poor people plan for Saturday night.” — Gloria Steinem
28. “The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives.” — Psalm 37: 21
29. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” — Marie Forleo
30. “[Credit is a system whereby] a person who can’t pay, gets another person who can’t pay, to guarantee that he can pay.” — Charles Dickens
Credit Repair Quotes From Dave Ramsey
As an expert in finances, Dave Ramset has much to say about credit repair and debt.
31. “Debt is dumb. Cash is king.” — Dave Ramsey
32. “Credit is an ‘I love debt’ score.” — Dave Ramsey
33. “A lower interest rate doesn’t make a debt go away.” — Dave Ramsey
34. “Your money needs to work for you, not lie around you.” — Dave Ramsey
35. “There are no shortcuts when it comes to getting out of debt.” — Dave Ramsey
36. “Knock out a small debt first, so you get a quick win. Momentum is key.” — Dave Ramsey
37. “I do recommend that most people sell the car with the most debt on it.” — Dave Ramsey
38. “You must gain control over your money, or the lack of it will forever control you.” — Dave Ramsey
39. “Debt is not a tool; it is a method to make banks wealthy, not you. The borrower truly is slave to the lender.” — Dave Ramsey
40. “You don’t build wealth with credit card rewards and airline miles. You can’t beat the credit card companies at their own game.” — Dave Ramsey
More Credit Repair Quotes
Take a look at some of the best quotes about credit repair.
41. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” — P.T. Barnum
42. “Speak not of my debts unless you mean to pay them.” — George Herbert
43. “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” — Benjamin Franklin
44. “If you buy things you don’t need, you will soon sell things you need.” — Warren Buffett
45. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” — Bob Hope
46. “If you don’t take good care of your credit, then your credit won’t take good care of you.” — Tyler Gregory
47. “If (debt) remains, then you remain in bondage. The only way to be free is to get rid of it.” — Dave Ramsey
48. “No, you shouldn’t be able to have anything. I’d like a helicopter, but I can’t afford a helicopter, so I don’t buy one.” — Grace Slick
49. “Isn’t it sad that we have to gain control of the artificial numbers placed upon us by others to regain some control of our lives?” — Rick Gregory
50. “I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.” — Thomas Jefferson
Here Are Some Tips on How to Repair Your Credit
Repairing your credit can be difficult, but it can be done if you stick to a plan of:
- Keeping your living expenses low until you repay credit
- Pay bills on time
- Monitor your credit score
- Avoid unnecessary expenditures
- Reduce your debt, especially on credit cards
Also, check out this article on debt quotes!
Please share these credit repair quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about repairing your credit in the comment section below.