Our cousins are some of the closest family members we have. These cousin quotes are here to highlight the special and unique relationship we have with these people who aren’t quite best friends, aren’t quite siblings, but often feel like a little bit of both.
Why are our relationships with our cousins so unique?
Many people believe it’s because they can have a closer relationship with us than our siblings. Others compare cousins to best friends, and even soulmates.
The cousin quotes below explore this unique relationship and the important role cousins play in our family. Cousins are always there for us when we need them, and they can even help us find ourselves through their crazy antics. Truly, we’ll never find another person like our favorite cousin.
Don’t forget to also read these sibling quotes celebrating brothers and sisters.
Cousin Quotes for Cousins Who Are Best Friends
1. “Happiness is having crazy cousins.” – Unknown
2. “We might not have it all together, but together we have it all.” – Unknown
3. “Cousins are usually the first friends we have as children. They are the best of both worlds because they are family and friends at the same time.” – Unknown
4. “Cousin to cousin we’ll always be, special friends from the same family tree.” – Unknown
5. “A cousin is a ready-made friend for life.” – Unknown
6. “A cousin a day keeps the boredom away.” – Unknown
7. “Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.” – Unknown
8. “Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.” – Unknown
9. “Born as a cousin, made as a friend.” – Unknown
10. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together.” – Unknown
11. “Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever.” – Unknown
12. “Cousins are friends that will love you forever.” – Unknown
13. “No one will ever understand your crazy family like your cousins do even if you haven’t talked too much lately.” – Unknown
14. “Friends are forever, cousins are for life!” – Unknown
Cousin Quotes for Always Being There
15. “Never forget who was with you from the start.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
16. “You will be jealous, as I have the best cousin.” – Unknown
17. “Mess with me and you mess with my cousins!” – Unknown
18. “Cousins are people that are ready made friends, you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age, you have fights with them but you always know you love each other, they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends cause they’re all pieced together as one.” –Courtney Cox
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
19. “Win, lose, or draw, you’re all my cousins and I love you.” – Chill Wills
20. “Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever.” – Unknown
21. “I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.” – Unknown
22. “No one will ever be as entertained by us as us.” – Unknown
23. “Cousins are connected heart to heart, distance and time can’t break them apart.” – Unknown
24. “Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Unknown
25. “A cousin sees the first tear, catches the second, and stops the third.” – Unknown
26. “A cousin is someone who knows all about you but likes you anyway.” – Unknown
27. “A real cousin is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Unknown
Cousin Quotes About the Value of Family
28. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” –Anthony Brandt
29. “I smile because you’re my family. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown
30. “The love between cousins knows no distance.” – Unknown
31. “Cousins are sisters you never had.” – Unknown
32. “Your family is the best team you could ever have.” – Unknown
33. “Within our family there was no such thing as a person who did not matter. Second cousins thrice removed mattered.” – Unknown
34. “Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.” – Unknown
35. “A grandparents house is where cousins become best friends.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
36. “At Christmas, cousins are the presents under the tree.” – Unknown
37. “Nobody will understand the craziness of your family better than your cousins.” – Unknown
38. “Cousins by blood—friends by choice.” – Unknown
39. “God made us cousins because he knew our mothers could not handle us as siblings.” – Unknown
40. “Cousins are different beautiful flowers in the same garden.” – Unknown
41. “A cousin is someone whose smile helps when the roads are rough and long.” – Unknown
Cousin Quotes for Self-Discovery
42. “In my cousin, I find a second self.” – Unknown
43. “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
44. “Never underestimate the power of a cousin.” – Unknown
45. “My cousins are shareholders of my soul.” – Unknown
46. “Be careful who you make memories with. Those can last a lifetime.” – Unknown
47. “Happiness is any day spent with my cousins.” – Unknown
48. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
49. “I like you because you join in on my weirdness.” – Unknown
50. “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget and true to your heart.” – Unknown
Other Cousin Quotes and Sayings
51. “Cousins are not those we do not know but instead part of a family that also provide support and comfort.” – Byron Pulsifer
52. “If you’re lucky, a cousin is there from the beginning.” — Susan Bolch
53. “Every man sees in his relatives, and especially in his cousins, a series of grotesque caricatures of himself.” – H. L. Mencken
54. “The love of a cousin keeps you warm in the cold.” — Anonymous
55. “I always call my cousin because we’re so close. We’re almost like sisters, and we’re also close because our moms are sisters.” – Britney Spears
56. “The night before the cousins came, I couldn’t sleep.” – Katie Yamasaki
57. “Friends might choose you at some point in your life, but cousins loved you from the start.” — Anonymous
58. “You will always be… the sister of my soul, the friend of my heart.” — Anonymous
59. “Our dads used to do this, and now us cousins always get together for it.” — Larry Lewis
60. “Cousins are childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.” — Anonymous
Which of these cousin quotes resonated with you best?
There’s no relationship better than the one you have with your cousins, and these cousin quotes highlight the best of these relationships. Your cousins are your built-in best friends, closer than siblings, and the ones who make family gatherings bearable. They can help us figure out our deepest truths, and when the world comes crashing down, they’re the ones who know how to help.
What can we learn from our relationships with our cousins? We learn how to laugh, how to have fun, and how to value family. We learn what matters most in life, and learn about the most important thing in life – love.
Did you enjoy these inspirational cousin quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 18, 2020 6:00 AM EST