These cousin quotes highlight the special and unique relationship we have with these people who aren’t quite best friends, aren’t quite siblings, but often feel like a little of both.
Share some of your cousin stories with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Why are our relationships with our cousins so unique?
Many people believe it’s because they can have a closer relationship with us than our siblings.
Others compare cousins to best friends and even soulmates.
Our cousins are some of the closest family members we have.
What are the benefits of reading these cousin quotes?
Cousins are always there for us when we need them; they can even help us find ourselves through their crazy antics.
The cousin quotes below:
- Will explore this unique relationship and the important role cousins play in families
- Will help you understand the dynamic better if you don’t have cousins or aren’t close to yours
- Offer ways to tell them how much they mean to you
Truly, we’ll never find another person like our favorite cousin.
Don’t forget to read these sibling quotes celebrating brothers and sisters.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Cousin Quotes for Cousins Who Are Best Friends
1. “Never forget who was with you from the start.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
You will also enjoy our article on ride or die quotes.
2. “Win, lose, or draw, you’re all my cousins and I love you.” – Chill Wills
You will also enjoy our article on nephew quotes.
3. “If little kids had a People magazine, cousins would be on the cover.” – Jim Gaffigan
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
4. “Some of us can live without a society but not without a family.” – Amit Kalantri
You will also enjoy our article on national lampoons christmas vacation quotes.
5. “The only thing most of us love about most of our family members is that they are related to us.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
You will also enjoy our article on yoda quotes.
6. “If you have cousins, it’s pretty easy.” – Joseph P. Kennedy
You will also enjoy our article on aunt quotes.
7. “Cousins are people that are ready-made friends.” – Courtney Cox
You will also enjoy our article on sister quotes.
8. “The night before the cousins came, I couldn’t sleep.” – Katie Yamasaki
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
9. “I like spending time with cousins.” – Jacob Tremblay
You will also enjoy our article on brother quotes.
10. “Our dads used to do this, and now us cousins always get together for it.” — Larry Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on brother and sister quotes.
11. “If you’re lucky, a cousin is there from the beginning.” — Susan Bolch
You will also enjoy our article on new friends quotes.
12. “Cousins are more than cousins; they are best friends that are there for us through it all.” — Heather Mills
You will also enjoy our article on big brother quotes.
13. “Cousins are not those we do not know but instead part of a family that also provide support and comfort.” – Byron Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on sister-in-law quotes.
14. “I always call my cousin because we’re so close. We’re almost like sisters, and we’re also close because our moms are sisters.” – Britney Spears
You will also enjoy our article on missing friends quotes.
15. “Little kids love their cousins. I’m not being cute or exaggerating here. Cousins are like celebrities for little kids.” – Jim Gaffigan
Cousin Quotes for Always Being There
16. “Cousins are part of your life so stick with cuz not friends.” – Claude Shannon
You will also enjoy our article on Step Brothers quotes.
17. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
18. “Would I lay down my life to save my brother? No, but I would to save two brothers or eight cousins.” – John B. S. Haldane
19. “Born as a cousin, made as a friend.” – Byron Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on loyalty quotes.
20. “Within our family there was no such thing as a person who did not matter. Second cousins thrice removed mattered.” – Shirley Abbott
21. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together.” – Woodrow Wilson
22. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” – Anthony Brandt
23. “Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be.” – Jim Gaffigan
24. “Never judge someone by their relatives.” – Charles Martin
25. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
Cousin Quotes About the Value of Family
26. “Happiness is having crazy cousins.”
27. “We might not have it all together, but together we have it all.”
28. “A cousin a day keeps the boredom away.”
29. “Cousin to cousin we’ll always be, special friends from the same family tree.”
30. “A cousin is a ready-made friend for life.”
31. “Cousins are sisters you never had.”
32. “Your family is the best team you could ever have.”
33. “Cousins are like fudge…mostly sweet with a few nuts.”
34. “Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.”
35. “A grandparent’s house is where cousins become best friends.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
36. “At Christmas, cousins are the presents under the tree.”
37. “Nobody will understand the craziness of your family better than your cousins.”
38. “Cousins by blood—friends by choice.”
39. “God made us cousins because he knew our mothers could not handle us as siblings.”
40. “Cousins are different beautiful flowers in the same garden.”
41. “A cousin is someone whose smile helps when the roads are rough and long.”
Cousin Quotes for Self-Discovery
42. “In my cousin, I find a second self.”
43. “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
44. “Never underestimate the power of a cousin.”
45. “My cousins are shareholders of my soul.”
46. “A cousin is someone who knows everything about you, and still likes you anyway.”
47. “Happiness is any day spent with my cousins.”
48. “Cousins: Obnoxious when we’re together, yet we don’t even care!”
49. “Cousins are sisters or brothers you never had.” – Read Glowstorl
50. “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget and true to your heart.”
You might also like these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Other Cousin Quotes and Sayings
51. “Cousins will help protect you from any negativity you come across.”
52. “The love of a cousin keeps you warm in the cold.”
53. “Mess with me and you mess with my cousins!”
54. “Cousins are awesome. Well, mine is. I can’t speak to yours.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
55. “Friends might choose you at some point in your life, but cousins loved you from the start.”
56. “You will always be… the sister of my soul, the friend of my heart.”
57. “Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever.”
58. “Cousins are friends that will love you forever.”
59. “No one will ever understand your crazy family like your cousins do even if you haven’t talked too much lately.”
60. “Friends are forever, cousins are for life!”
61. “You will be jealous, as I have the best cousin.”
62. “Cousins are childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”
63. “Talking to your cousin is sometimes all the therapy you need.”
64. “Time passes, and we may be apart. But cousins always stay close at heart.”
65. “Being a cousin means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what.”
66. “My cousin is my favorite partner in crime.”
Cousin quotes to appreciate your bond
67. “Cousins are usually the first friends we have as children. They are the best of both worlds because they are family and friends at the same time.”
68. “Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”
69. “Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.”
70. “Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever.”
71. “I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.”
72. “No one will ever be as entertained by us as us.”
73. “Cousins are connected heart to heart, distance and time can’t break them apart.”
74. “Cousins resemble who you really are deep inside!”
75. “Cousins are both family and friends – they are the best of both worlds.”
76. “You can always share your secrets with your cousins.”
Cousin quotes to cherish your relationship
77. “Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”
78. “A cousin sees the first tear, catches the second, and stops the third.”
79. “A cousin is someone who knows all about you but likes you anyway.”
80. “Cousins are people that are ready-made friends, you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age, you have fights with them but you always know you love each other, they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends cause there all pieced together as one.” – Courtney Cox
81. “Every man sees in his relatives, and especially in his cousins, a series of grotesque caricatures of himself.” – H. L. Mencken
82. “Cousins are forever and forever are cousins they stand by your side for you no matter what.” — Brandi Carlile
83. “It has to do – I think – with growing up in an apartment, with my aunt and my cousins right next door to me, with the door open, with neighbors walking in and out, with people yelling at each other all the time.” – Larry David
84. “Growing up in Northern California, I’ve only seen snow at Christmas maybe twice in my life! I was always jealous of my cousins on the East Coast with their white Christmases.” – Guy Fieri
85. “We’ve had cloning in the South for years. It’s called cousins.” – Robin Williams
86. “I may argue with my brother, but I fight beside my brother against my cousin, and with my cousin against a stranger.” – Old Arab adage
Cousin quotes for that special family relationship
87. “The family that brunches together stays together. My cousins and I swear by this rule, and Sunday brunch with them is like a detox session.” – Ananya Panday
88. “A lot of people would rather tour sewers than visit their cousins.” – Jane Howard
89. “Cousins help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.”
90. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
91. “You don’t get to choose your cousins. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
92. “Our roots say we’re cousins. Our hearts say we’re friends.”
93. “A cousin is like a warm quilt wrapped around the heart.”
94. “I smile because you’re my family. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
95. “The love between cousins knows no distance.”
96. “A real cousin is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
Cousin quotes for your favorite family members
97. “Cousins. Children together. Friends forever.”
98. “Remember that I don’t only consider you as a cousin but as a good friend as well.”
99. “You are definitely a fantastic cousin and I am forever grateful to have you in my life.”
100. “Cousin: your partner in crime when you were young.”
101. “Gossiping with cousins during a family function is more fun than the actual program.” -Amit Verma
102. “My cousin and I are more than friends. We’re like a tiny gang.”
103. “My cousin has the best cousin in the world.”
104. “I don’t have friends. I got family.” – Furious Seven
105. “Cousins are the friends that are forced to share their toys with you.”
106. “The bond between cousins cannot be broken.”
Cousin Quotes to Describe the Impact of This Relationship on Your Life
107. “Within our family, there was no such thing as a person who did not matter. Second cousins thrice removed mattered.” — Shirley Abbott
108. “We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.”
109. “The love of a family is life’s greatest blessing.”
110. “My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.” — Rick Riordan
111. “In my cousin, I find a second self.” — Isabel Norton
112. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
113. “It’s not what we have, but who we have in life that matters.”
114. “But in the east, the sky was pale and through the gray woods came lanterns with wagons and horses, bringing Grandpa and Grandma and aunts and uncles and cousins.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
115. “Sometimes, I forget to thank the people who make my life so happy in so many ways. Sometimes, I forget to tell them how much I do appreciate them for being an important part of my life. Today is just another day, nothing special going on. So thank you, all of you, just for being here for me!”
116. “We didn’t realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie The Pooh
Funny Cousin Quotes To Remind You of Your Sweet Cousins
117. “The police pulled me over and asked me if I have anything illegal in my car. I looked at my cousin and I ran.” ― Felipe Esparza
118. “I’m in love with my second cousin.” ― Bob Dylan
119. “While my cousins were gang-banging, I was trying to learn what the Internet was about.” ― Theophilus London
120. “When I was a kid, I used to watch ‘Laurel and Hardy’ with my cousins all the time. I still think they’re extremely funny and so surreal.” ― David Chase
121. “As a child, I was raised by my grandmother, alongside all my cousins, and the kitchen was always full.” ― Azzedine Alaia
122. “My cousin gave me a twin-neck electric guitar for one of my birthdays. It was amazing. Even though it was mine, I was never allowed to pick it up.” ― Sam Palladio
123. “I started with ballet and then my cousin Sarah introduced me to her tap teachers.” ― Adam Garcia
124. “My cousin Simon Bor, the champion of Los Angeles, convinced me to concentrate on running.” ― Martin Lel
125. “I have always loved children. I’ve been fantasizing about motherhood since I was probably 2 ½. I loved to babysit my cousins, and nieces, you know.” ― Lupita Nyong’o
126. “Everyone has an idea that they think would be a great movie. Everyone has a cousin who they think you should work with.” ― Zach Braff
Cousin Quotes That Will Make You Miss Your Cousins
127. “Our house was always full of grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.” — Bryan Clay
128. “Sometimes funerals can be good. It reunites you with your cousins you haven’t seen in a while.” — David Burtka
129. “I am very scared of wasps; my cousin was stung in the eye once.” — Missy Elliot
130. “Trying to be like my uncle, because I was an only child. He and my cousins were everything to me.” — Deon Cole
131. “I think Mum’s got a second cousin who’s an accountant, but we never talk about him.” — J. K. Rowling
132. “I grew up with a lot of brothers and male cousins, so I had to worm my way in to get heard. But that’s sort of what excites me.” — Liz Phair
133. “I’ve always been an actress, entertaining my family was the start. I’m a goof ball among many of my cousins and siblings.” — Aeriel Miranda
134. “My cousin’s a fool, and thou art another.” — William Shakespeare
135. “I think passion gives you the energy to do what is right, and discipline makes sure you do what is right. So I look at them as kind of cousins maybe.” — John C. Maxwell
136. “Growing up, one of my cousins was an out gay man.” — Eric Stonestreet
Funny Cousin Quotes To Brighten Your Day
137. “My parents were second cousins. That is enough to explain all of my peculiarities.” — Sargent Shriver
138. “I’m always the cousin that can’t make it to the family functions because I’m busy.” — Taraji P. Henson
139. “Cousin, the days of gods and heroes are over.” “Not to me. Not to them.” — Steven Pressfield
140. “Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Cousin”s Wife. Moses must have forgotten to write that one down.” — Julia Quinn
141. “Most redoubted lord and right sovereign cousin, may the Almighty Lord have you in his keeping.” — Owen Glendower
142. “My cousin Francis and I are in perfect accord – he wants Milan, and so do I.” — Charles V
143. “Everybody! This is my cousin right here, and he just dethroned God’s gift to Women – Griffin.” — S.C. Stephens
144. “My cousin just died. He was only 19. He got stung by a bee – the natural enemy of a tightrope walker.” — Dan Rather
145. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” — Albert Einstein
146. “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.” — Pierce Brown
Funny Cousin Quotes
147. “We’re sometimes treated like the stupid cousin, so I’m always drawn to characters that make you feel good about being Welsh.” ― Matthew Rhys
148. “It doesn’t matter to me. We’re still cousins in our own way. Blood’s just something old people talk about to make you feel bad.” ― Rita Mae Brown
149. “I ought to tell you that I’m probably your cousin.” ― Henry James
150. “I have neither talent or taste for kingship, cousin. I am a warrior, and to dwell always in one place and live at court would weary me to death!” ― Marion Zimmer Bradley
151. “My cousin is gay, I always tell him that in our family tree, he’s in the fruit section.” ― Rodney Dangerfield
152. “There’s her cousin, an she were not possessed with a fury, exceeds her as much in beauty as the first of May doth the last of December.” ― William Shakespeare
153. “I will jump into the river to save two brothers or eight cousins.” ― John B. S. Haldane
154. “Simplicity is the first cousin of contentment.” ― John Stott
155. “Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family. Even your super weirdo creep cousin.” ― Joseph Brodsky
156. “Fear not, dear cousin. In madness there is great power.” ― Pen Densham
Cousin Quotes as The Best of Friends
157. “Most of my cousins are boys, so I’m used to being around boys.” — Michelle Ryan
158. “My mother’s sister was killed in a trolley car accident, so I was raised as one of eight with my sister and six male cousins.” — Alan King
159. “I was an only child, but I did have a hell of a lot of cousins.” — Desi Arnaz
160. “My little cousin Jimmy told me in jail he was a drag queen.” — Master P
161. “I can’t talk politics with my cousin because he’s such a hypocrite. He’s against the death penalty and he hanged himself.” — Anthony Jeselnik
162. “Jewels can be replaced, cousin. Independence, once lost, cannot.” — R.L. LaFevers
163. “My cousin Elroy spent seven years as an IBM taper staring at THINK signs on the walls before he finally got a good idea: He quit.” — Edward Abbey
164. “A man cannot own a woman, cousin. He can only… He can only love her.” — Catherine Anderson
165. “My cousin is gay, in school while other kids were dissecting frog, he was opening flies.” — Rodney Dangerfield
166. “The more distant the cousin relationship, the more distant the grandparents those cousins share, the distance being in the number of generations and years that separate them.” — Lois Horowitz
Cousin Quotes About Family And Cousins
167. “Like I’m going to pass up an opportunity to smack your cousin.” ― Rachel Vincent
168. “My aunt and overprivileged cousin only recognize two states of being: glitter and grunge. And if you weren’t glitter, well, that only left one other option.” ― Rachel Vincent
169. “My family is full of musicians, and a couple of times a year we get together and jam at my cousin’s studio. We improvise and have a great time.” ― Gabriel Macht
170. “my cousin Shirley, who never complains, screamed and screamed when she was having her baby. True, this was just during conception.” ― Joan Rivers
171. “If a man is both wise and lucky, he will not make the same mistake twice. But he will make any one of ten thousand brothers or cousins of the original.” ― Jesse Lauriston Livermore
172. “I really love hip hop. My cousin Nas came out with an album Life Is Good, and I love that album, but I also love Maroon 5.” ― Yara Shahidi
173. “My cousin had a baby and I was watching her breastfeed for a couple of bucks, and I’ll tell you ladies: it’s amazing.” ― Dave Attell
174. “A cousin of mine who was a casualty surgeon in Manhattan tells me that he and his colleagues had a one-word nickname for bikers: Donors. Rather chilling.” ― Stephen Fry
175. “My cousins and I used to play Beatle wives. We all wanted to be married to Paul, but John was O.K. too. None of us wanted Ringo. Or even worse, George.” ― Ann Hood
176. “Many states have laws against cousin marriage, which I think are ridiculous – people should be allowed to make that choice.” ― Amber Heard
Which of these cousin quotes resonated with you best?
There’s no relationship better than the one you have with your cousins, and these cousin quotes highlight the best of these relationships.
Your cousins are your built-in best friends, closer than siblings, and the ones who make family gatherings bearable.
They can help us figure out our deepest truths, and when the world comes crashing down, they’re the ones who know how to help.
What can we learn from our relationships with our cousins?
We learn how to laugh, how to have fun, and how to value family.
We learn what matters most in life and learn about the most important thing in life – love.
Did you enjoy these inspirational cousin quotes?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 26, 2023 5:00 AM EST