Our latest collection of inspirational collaboration quotes to appreciate the power of teamwork. Enjoy!
Collaboration is a popular buzzword these days. Corporations and organizations encourage employees to share ideas, work together and integrate their efforts.
The open office environment, which seems to get more popular from year to year, is designed on the principle of collaboration.
Everyone may not agree, but those behind the open office concept believe that the absence of walls and dividers facilitates conversations and interactions as well as foster a sharing spirit and collaborative attitude.
Whether this is true or effective in achieving the level of collaboration that its proponents profess, the fact is we typically accomplish more and attain greater results and benefits when we work together – when we indeed collaborate!
But collaboration is about so much more than a tool for achieving business goals or personal dreams.
Collaboration is about compassion, love, support, kindness, and the power that we gain when we share with each other and lean on each other.
As we watched experts and volunteers from across the world come together to rescue 12 young men and their coach from a flooded cave in Thailand, we witnessed a clear display of compassion, and a heart-warming demonstration of loving support played out via the power of collaboration in defying the odds and winning!
So, let’s focus on the true meaning, spirit, and value that we gain when we collaborate as can be gleaned from these empowering quotes on collaboration.
We also have a collection of motivational quotes for employees. Check that out too.
Empowering collaboration quotes
1. “Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
2. “Synergy – the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain
3. “Collaboration allows us to know more than we are capable of knowing by ourselves.” – Paul Solarz
4. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” – Mother Teresa
5. “Individually we are one drop; but together we are an ocean.” – Ryunosoke Satoro
6. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
7. “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
8. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up. “— Oliver Wendell Holmes
9. “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
10. “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.” – Bud Wilkinson
Inspirational collaboration quotes about teamwork
11. “The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other.” —Thomas Stallkamp
12. “TEAM — Together Everyone Achieves More.” – Author Unknown
13. “Your corn is ripe today; mine will be so tomorrow. ‘Tis profitable for us both, that I should labour with you today, and that you should aid me tomorrow.” —David Hume
14. “Despair shows us the limit of our imagination. Imagination shared creates collaboration, and collaboration creates community, and community inspires social change.” – Terry Tempest Williams
15. “Collaboration is the essence of life. The wind, bees and flowers work together, to spread the pollen.” – Amit Ray
16. “Collaboration is much like a birth. The song that springs forth resembles each one of us to a degree, but it’s the kind of thing that would never be born from just one of us sitting down with a guitar.” – Grant-Lee Phillips
17. “When ‘I’ is replaced by “we” even ‘illness’ becomes ‘wellness’.” – Scharf
18. “Competition makes us faster, collaboration makes us better.” – Fyrefly
19. “Creating a better world required teamwork, partnerships, and collaboration, as we need an entire army of companies to work together to build a better world within the next few decades. This means corporations must embrace the benefits of cooperating with one another.” – Simon Mainwaring
20. “We can see that all the desirable experiences that we cherish or aspire to attain are dependent upon cooperation and interaction with other sentient beings.” – Dalai Lama
You might also like these inspiring team quotes about collaboration, determination and united success.
Collaboration quotes to inspire success
21. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
22. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
23. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
24. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
25. “Collaboration is a key part of the success of any organization, executed through a clearly defined vision and mission and based on transparency and constant communication.” – Dinesh Paliwal
26. “I like working with people. I believe change can only come through collaboration.” – Alain de Botton
27. “Collaboration is an important part of the process, and ego is never a part of it.” – Mack Wilberg
28. “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” —Vince Lombardi
29. “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” —Mike Schmoker
30. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” —Mike Krzyzewski
Collaboration quotes to appreciate the power of teamwork
31. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
32. “Filmmaking is a miracle of collaboration.” – James McAvoy
33. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
34. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
35. “Collaboration has no hierarchy. The Sun collaborates with soil to bring flowers on the earth.” – Amit Ray
36. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
37. “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation and consensus.”- Simon Mainwaring
38. “The beauty of collaboration between older and younger generations is that we combine strength with wisdom—a surefire way to accomplish more for the glory of God.” ― Brett Harris
39. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
40. “A strong team can take any crazy vision and turn it into reality.” –John Carmack
Also check out these team building quotes and sayings that promote working together.
Collaboration quotes to inspire greatness
41. “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
42. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden. It’s deadly.” — Mark Sanborn
43. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” — Brian Tracy
44. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben
45. “A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind.” – Bill Bethel
46. “I believe, we can create a better world, a better tomorrow, if we work together. Don’t you?” ― Akiroq Brost
47. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” — George Shinn
48. “It takes both sides to build a bridge.” – Frederik Nael
49. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” – John Wooden
50. “Teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.” — Russel Honore
Other inspirational collaboration quotes
51. “A clear purpose will unite you as you move forward, values will guide your behavior, and goals will focus your energy.”― Kenneth H. Blanchard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of unity quotes about bringing people together.
52. “A good collaboration pushes the boundaries of both partners.” – Neil Blumenthal
53. “The fun for me in collaboration is, one, working with other people just makes you smarter; that’s proven.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
54. “One way a collaboration can go wrong is if your connection is inauthentic or overly prescriptive.” – Mark Parker
55. “Creative collaboration is awesome.” – Alicia Silverstone
56. “Collaboration is the best way to work. It’s only way to work, really.” – Antony Starr
57. “I’m down to work with anyone as long as it’s an organic collaboration.” – Black Though
58. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
59. “When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” – Marissa Mayer
60. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidler
Also check out these community quotes that will make you understand that we are all connected to others.
More collaboration quotes and sayings
61. “Working with urself is always the most difficult collaboration.”
62. “Collaborate to Innovate.”
63. “By exchanging notes, you get to know one another, to understand one another. As if your souls were connected and your hearts were overlapping. It’s a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words.” – Kaori Miyazono
64. “Successful innovation requires commitment, consistency, and collaboration.” – Monique Beedles
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of innovation quotes that will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
65. “People working together can overcome many obstacles, often within themselves, and by doing so can make the world a better place.” – Mo Mowlam
66. “An individual can make a change but a team can make a revolution.” – Amit Kalantri
67. “The key to fostering effective workplace collaboration is to be aware of the whole person.” – John Alejandro King
68. “Teamwork is not a game for the selfish. It is for those with the mindset that a win for one is a win for all.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
69. “Collaboration begins with mutual understanding and respect.” – Astronaut Ron Garan
70. “Collaboration is a business strategy that integrates innovative partners seeking blue oceans.” – Jennifer Ritchie Payette
Which collaboration quotes were your favorite?
Collaboration is more than a trend or a buzzword. Collaboration should be the cornerstone (the supporting pillar) of our society.
We won’t always agree on how to do something, when to do it or why it’s important to do it.
We don’t all possess the same talents, interests, or desires. We don’t all have the same types or levels of experiences.
We all don’t have the same background, training, or frame of reference.
But, if we all open up and
a.) Give a little from our hearts,
b.) Share a bit of our knowledge,
c.) Treat each other with great respect, and
e.) Be willing to receive as much as we share and give; then, maybe, just maybe we can make this collaboration thing a truly empowering way of life!
So, did you enjoy these collaboration quotes? Which of the quotes on collaboration was your favorite? Share with us in the comment section below.
March 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST