Mel Robbins quotes that will provide some good life advice.
Mel Robbins is an American author, motivational speaker, former criminal defense attorney, and television host.
Mel Robbins was born in 1968 and grew up in North Muskegon, MI.
She graduated from Dartmouth College and earned a law degree from Boston College Law School.
She has used her common sense, education, and practical mindset as a contributor to CNN, in her books that give life advice, and as a motivational speaker.
Mel Robbins is married with three children and this just adds to her credibility speaking on life lessons and advice.
Enjoy these Mel Robbins quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Margaret Atwood quotes that prove words are powerful.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Motivational Mel Robbins Quotes
1. “You can’t control how you feel. But you can always choose how you act.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Feelings and emotions are things we can not control. However, you can change the way you speak to yourself about your feelings and emotions. You can always choose your response to feeling a certain way too.
2. “You are one decision away from a completely different life.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: One decision can change your entire life. This applies to good and bad decisions. Bad decisions tend to change your life completely a little quicker than good decisions, but this statement is always true. One single decision can make all the difference.
3. “That’s the problem with so many adults, we’re all focused on getting it perfect, instead of trying. Whatever happened to good enough?” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: There is no such thing as perfect. What is possible is to do your best. Maybe will just be a failed attempt, maybe it will be good enough, or maybe it will great. You won’t know until you try. Trying is more than most people do anyway, so your failed attempt is much closer than most people will ever get!
4. “When it comes to change, goals, and dreams, you have to bet on yourself.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Change, goals, and dreams, are all things that you control. Are you willing to be uncomfortable? Will you put in the work? Bet on yourself and your ability to follow through and deliver on your promises to yourself. No one else is going to make it happen for you.
5. “Leave nothing important unsaid.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: We never know how long we will be on this Earth. The same can be said for how long the people we love will be around. Say what you mean and mean what you say, especially if it matters!
6. “The 5 Second Rule: The moment you have an instinct to act on a goal you must 5-4-3-2-1 and physically move or your brain will stop you.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: This is such a simple but powerful tool. “Physically move” does not mean accomplish that goal right now. It can be as simple as stopping and writing it down in a journal. Or sending an email. Maybe, it’s a little more involved, like doing some research. Whatever it is, take one action and move that needle closer to the end result within those five seconds.
7. “Hesitation is the kiss of death. You might hesitate for a just nanosecond, but that’s all it takes. That one small hesitation triggers a mental system that’s designed to stop you. And it happens in less than—you guessed it—five seconds.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: There are so many mental systems that fire in your brain. They are quick, and they are based on neural pathways that past experiences have taught you. These systems are evolutionary processes humans learned to survive. If you want to thrive, then you have to fight through them. Mel Robbins five second technique, might be just the tool to help you!
8. “There’s one thing that is guaranteed to increase your feelings of control over your life: a bias toward action.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Action is the key to reaching your dreams and goals. Without action these things are just like security blankets that make you feel warm and fuzzy. Learn more about what taking action looks like in this article.
9. “I have a hard time finding the balance between not beating myself up when it doesn’t happen as fast as I’d like it to, and not wasting time while I wait for it to happen.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Balance is essential to our well-being. This is one of those areas that requires balance. Love yourself enough to be compassionate and kind to yourself if you make a mistake. Be disciplined enough to manage your distractions and stay focused on your goals.
10. “That’s an instinct reminding you of the goal. That’s your inner wisdom, and it’s important to pay attention to it, no matter how small or silly that instinct may seem.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: This inner voice, inner strength, inner wisdom, or whatever you choose to call it, is like fire. Sometimes it might be a single flicker, an ember, a burning coal, or a raging inferno. In those moments when it seems small and silly, give it some oxygen! Feed it and help it burn bright!
11. “Your feelings don’t matter. The only thing that matters is what you do.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Courage and Wisdom
12. “You need to hear this loud and clear: No one is coming. It is up to you.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Everything you want is within your grasp, and yours alone. This doesn’t mean that you won’t meet helpful people or mentors along the way who will encourage you. It means that you have the power to take the first steps, take the risks, and decide your own fate. No one else can make you live the life you deserve. You are the only one who can destroy the limits you have set in your mind.
13. “Start before you’re ready. Don’t prepare, begin.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: You will never be as ready as you think you need to be before attempting something. Preparation in itself is not a bad thing. However, if you are waiting for the right moment or time to begin, there is not a right moment. There is now. Start with something, no matter how small it is, but start. Then you can focus on preparing and improving, but you must take action.
14. “If you only ever did the things you don’t want to do, you’d have everything you’ve ever wanted.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: None of us want to work and sacrifice our time and energy. It would be more enjoyable to do anything else. However, if you want to achieve a more than average life, then you are going to have to do more than the average requirements. You don’t have to do it forever, but understanding the concept of delayed gratification can help you live the life of your dreams.
15. “There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: The only opinion that matters when it comes to your worth is yours. Other people’s opinion of you does not define you. That job is yours. You can start worrying less about the opinions of others by doing these few things. First, accept and expect that people will have opinions of you, but don’t put stock in what they are. Next develop your sense of self-awareness and confidence.
16. “I was the problem and in five seconds, I could push myself and become the solution.” – Mel Robbins
17. “Passion is not a thing, it’s a state of mind.” – Mel Robbins
18. “That’s what it takes to get what you want. Not big scary leaps once a year. It takes small, but irritating moves every single day.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: It is the small daily actions that build up over time and make lasting differences. Sure, you might need to take some risks but you will get to that point by deliberate small actions. Things like creating a daily routine, improving your mindset, and setting deadlines can all be helpful.
19. “Life is gritty and hard and then suddenly it is brilliant and amazing.” – Mel Robbins
20. “To play any game, you have to start. To win, you need to keep going. If you want to make your dreams come true, get ready for the long game.” – Mel Robbins
21. “You are not going to win if you keep telling yourself to wait. The more often that you choose courage, the more likely you’ll succeed.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: It is one thing to be as prepared for something as you can. It is another to create excuses to not take action. You might not think you are ‘ready,’ but the truth is you might never feel ready. Ask yourself if you are delaying taking action because of fear. What is holding you back?
22. “Every phase of your life and career will require a different you. Using the Rule, you’ll become the person you’re meant to become in this next phase of your life.” – Mel Robbins
23. “If you have the courage to start, you have the courage to succeed.” – Mel Robbins
24. “Change your decisions and you’ll change your life. And what will change your decisions more than anything? Courage.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Your decisions dictate the path you will go down. Having the courage to change the way you think, react, and respond to things will make all the difference. Remember, courage is not the absence of fear. It just means that your conviction to your goals and belief in yourself is greater than the fear you have.
25. “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Taking Risks and Influencing Others
26. “You have been assigned this mountain so that you can show others it can be moved.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: How would your view of the hardships you have faced in life change if you believed this sentence. You never know who is being inspired by your journey. Are you showing others how to overcome? Are you moving the mountains in your life to discover your true path? Do not be afraid, try believing that this mountain is yours for a reason.
27. “We are all so afraid of uncertainty that we want a guarantee before we even try.” – Mel Robbins
28. “Feelings are merely suggestions, ones you can ignore. To change you must do the same, you must ignore how you feel, and just do it anyway.” – Mel Robbins
29. “I may not be perfect, but I am worthy.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: There is no one on this earth who is a perfect person. However, your worthiness is not defined by how close you are to perfection. You determine your worth, not the world around you. Try telling yourself that you belong. Believe that you are filled with wonderful qualities and let them shine bright.
30. “Pushing yourself to take simple actions creates a chain reaction in your confidence and your productivity.” – Mel Robbins
31. “The challenge is finding the ability, in the face of an overwhelming amount of resistance, to create a small change in your life and build on it.” – Mel Robbins
32. “In any area of your life that you want to change, adopt this rule. Just do the things that you don’t want to do.” – Mel Robbins
33. “Win or lose, at least I’m doing something.” – Mel Robbins
34. “Small things are not small at all. They are the most important things of all. And they add up.” – Mel Robbins
35. “Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, or no time out. Stop waiting. It’s now or never.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about The Truth of Reality
36. “Life is not a one and done sort of deal. You’ve got to work for what you want.” – Mel Robbins
37. “You may say you fear change, but the lack of change in your life is why you feel so blah.” – Mel Robbins
38. “You do the same thing every time you whine about problems but do nothing to fix them.” – Mel Robbins
Everyday Application: Complaining about things will only make them worse. Approaching life with a grateful approach, will help you cope better when things go wrong. And they will. That is just inevitable. However, remembering all you have to be grateful for, focusing on the lesson, and coming up with a solution will help make life more satisfying.
39. “Forget motivation; it’s a myth. I don’t know when we all bought into the idea that in order to change you must “feel” eager or “feel” motivated to act. It’s complete garbage. The moment it’s time to assert yourself, you will not feel motivated. In fact, you won’t feel like doing anything at all.” – Mel Robbins
40. “If you can’t get yourself out of bed, then you’ll never be able to pursue all of the other changes that you want to make in your life.” – Mel Robbins
41. “We are all capable of greatness. I believe that. It is our feelings and fears that convince us now is not the right time and keep us from achieving greatness.” – Mel Robbins
42. “We’re discovering that many of our feelings are just a kind of sophisticated shorthand for all sorts of complex calculations that are constantly occurring in the back of your brain.” – Mel Robbins
43. “Work expands to whatever time you give it.” – Mel Robbins
44. “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.” – Mel Robbins
45. “It’s so sad because waiting for validation will be the death of your dreams.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Politics and Career
46. “Our nation, our economy, and our families would be much stronger if half of our companies were run by women and half of our households were run by men.” – Mel Robbins
47. “We want to believe that we live in a world where our daughters can do anything and be anything. And you’d think they could – they outnumber boys in college, graduate school, and the workforce.” – Mel Robbins
48. “While younger women are told to be thinner and prettier, ads for older women emphasize looking younger and wrinkle-free – tapping into the insecurities that many of us have about getting older.” – Mel Robbins
49. “I realized I wasn’t a good employee because I was too busy listening to people’s personal problems to do work.” – Mel Robbins
50. “If you show up every day to a job you hate, and you are doing nothing to change that – you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.” – Mel Robbins
What did you learn from these Mel Robbins quotes?
Now that you have been able to enjoy some Mel Robbins practical quotes, you probably have a sense of who she is and what she stands for.
One of the best things that Mel does is that she consistently tries to build confidence in others and wants them to achieve a better life.
We can see from her quotes that Mel believes that the first step in achieving success is up to you.
An important lesson we can learn from Mel is that if you do nothing to better your own life, then you have no one but yourself to blame for your circumstances.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Mel Robbins quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
July 12, 2022 8:58 AM EST