Quite possibly the worlds most recognizable pessimistic grey donkey, these Eeyore quotes illustrate just how sad, and snarky he is.
Eeyore is known for losing his tail and being the gloomy friend in the group. The group being Winnie-the-Pooh and all the crew from Pooh’s Corner, created by A.A. Milne.
I was “yesterday years old” when I realized that he is an onomatopoeic character. Eeyore is an adaptation of the sound that donkeys make (Hee-Haw). It is spelled with an “r” because of Milne’s English dialect. These Eeyore quotes illustrate just how sad, and snarky he is.
We also have a collection of Winnie-the-Pooh quotes that everyone can relate too. So be sure to check it out too.
Eeyore quotes about his tail
1. “It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.” – Eeyore
2. “Most likely lose it again, anyway.” – Eeyore
3. “It’s an awful nice tail, Kanga. Much nicer than the rest of me.” – Eeyore
4. “Might take a day or two, but I’ll find a new one.” – Eeyore
5. “A tail isn’t a tail to them, it’s just a little bit extra at the back.” – Eeyore
6. “You don’t always want to be miserable on my birthday, do you?” – Eeyore
7. “No. But I sure do like this new tail.” – Eeyore
8. “When your tail is missing, Remember you have every right to mope.” – Eeyore
Eeyore quotes about the weather
9. “Don’t blame me if it rains.” – Eeyore
10. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” Eeyore
11. “It’s snowing still. And freezing. However, we haven’t had an earthquake lately.” – Eeyore
12. “Never trust a cloud, I always say.” – Eeyore
13. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” – Eeyore
14. “It’s the only cloud in the sky. And it’s drizzling. Right on me. Somehow, I am not surprised.” – Eeyore
Eeyore’s most pessimistic quotes
15. “It’s all for naught.” – Eeyore
16. “Sure is a cheerful color. Guess I’ll have to get used to it.” – Eeyore
17. “We can’t all and some of us don’t. That’s all there is to it.” – Eeyore
18. “Wish I could say yes, but I can’t.” – Eeyore
19. “If it is a good morning, which I doubt.” – Eeyore
20. “I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” – Eeyore
21. “Days. Weeks. Months. Who knows?” – Eeyore
22. Don’t Bustle me. Don’t now-then me.” – Eeyore
23. “After all, what are birthdays? Here today and gone tomorrow.” – Eeyore
24. “The sky has finally fallen. Always knew it would.” – Eeyore
25. “Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.” – Eeyore
Also check out our list of hilarious Big Lebowski quotes.
Eeyore quotes with his best advice
26. “I’m not asking anybody,” said Eeyore. “I’m just telling everybody. We can look for the North Pole, or we can play ‘Here we go gathering Nuts in May’ with the end part of an ants’ nest. It’s all the same to me.” – Eeyore
27. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient.” – Eeyore
28. “A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” – Eeyore
29. “No Give and Take. No Exchange of Thought. It gets you nowhere, particularly if the other person’s tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation.” – Eeyore
30. “When stuck in the river, it is best to dive and swim to the bank yourself before someone drops a large stone on your chest in an attempt to hoosh you there.” – Eeyore
31. “They’re funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.” – Eeyore
32. “Use caution when standing by the river bank minding your own business. You might get bounced into the water.” – Eeyore
33. “That’s what would be so interesting, Pooh. Not being quite sure till afterward.” – Eeyore
Eeyore quotes on the times he could have been nicer to his friends
34. “Could you ask your friend to do his exercises somewhere else? I shall be having lunch directly, and don’t want it bounced on just before I begin. A trifling matter, and fussy of me, but we all have our little ways.” – Eeyore
35. “I’ll give you three guesses, Rabbit. Digging holes in the ground? Wrong. Leaping from branch to branch of a young oak tree? Wrong. Waiting for somebody to help me out of the river? Right. Give Rabbit time, and he’ll always get the answer.” – Eeyore
36. “Everybody crowds round so in this Forest. There’s no Space. I never saw a more Spreading lot of animals in my life and in all the wrong places.” – Eeyore
37. “No brain at all, some of them [people], only grey fluff that’s blown into their heads by mistake, and they don’t Think.” – Eeyore
38. “They made me catch the cold I caught.” – Eeyore
39. “Don’t worry about me. Go and enjoy yourself. I’ll stay here and be miserable.” – Eeyore
40. “And if Eeyore’s back snapped suddenly, then we could all laugh. Ha Ha! Amusing in a quiet way, but not really helpful.” – Eeyore
Eeyore quotes on the times he could have been nicer to himself
41. “I’m telling you. People come and go in this Forest, and they say, ‘It’s only Eeyore, so it doesn’t count.” – Eeyore
42. “Thanks for noticin’ me.” – Eeyore
43. “Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it 17 days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.” – Eeyore
44. “One can’t complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday.” – Eeyore
45. “No need to bother on my account.” – Eeyore
Eeyore quotes on writing, spelling, and letters
46. “This writing business. Pencils and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it.” – Eeyore
47. “Hitherto, all the Poetry in the Forest has been written by Pooh, a Bear with a Pleasing Manner but a Positively Startling Lack of Brain. The Poem which I am now about to read to you was written by Eeyore, or Myself, in a Quiet Moment. If somebody will take Roo’s bull’s eye away from him, and wake up Owl, we shall all be able to enjoy it. I call it – POEM.” – Eeyore
48. “They walk to and fro saying ‘Ha Ha!’. But do they know anything about A? They don’t. It’s just three sticks to them. But to the Educated – mark this, little Piglet – to the Educated, not meaning Poohs and Piglets, it’s a great and glorious A.” – Eeyore
49. “Those two bothers will have to rhyme with each other, Buther. The fact is this is more difficult than I thought.” – Eeyore
50. “W O L. That spells Owl.” – Eeyore
You might also like these Donnie Darko quotes from the sci-fi psychological thriller.
Which of these Eeyore quotes is your favorite?
Eeyore exhibits some signs of clinical depression and anxiety to be sure. You probably would too if it rained everywhere you went and your tail wouldn’t stay put!
There were clearly times he could have been a little kinder to his friends, and times they could have been nicer to him. I do think he has some of the best quotes in the series, though. Maybe he was intended to add a little adult humor, or balance out all of the eternal optimism that is Pooh?
Either way, Eeyore is one of the most well-loved characters. I think I need to purchase some Eeyore merchandise with his writing quotes on it. That spoke to me, and hopefully, some of these spoke to you as well!
Did you enjoy these interesting Eeyore quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 24, 2019 7:00 AM EST