Quite possibly the world’s most recognizable pessimistic grey donkey, these Eeyore quotes illustrate just how sad, and snarky he is.
Eeyore is known for losing his tail and being the gloomy friend in the group.
The group being Winnie-the-Pooh and all the crew from Pooh’s Corner, created by A.A. Milne.
I was “yesterday years old” when I realized that he is an onomatopoeic character.
Eeyore is an adaptation of the sound that donkeys make (Hee-Haw).
It is spelled with an “r” because of Milne’s English dialect.
These Eeyore quotes illustrate just how sad, and snarky he is.
We also have a collection of Winnie-the-Pooh quotes that everyone can relate too.
So be sure to check it out too.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Short Eeyore Quotes That Dive Deep Into Your Emotions
1. “End of the road. Nothing to do, and no hope of things getting better.” — Eeyore
2. “Sitting on thistles doesn’t do them any good. Take all the life out of them.” — Eeyore
3. “There are those who will wish you good morning. If it is a good morning, which I doubt.” — Eeyore
4. “They made me catch a cold I caught.” — Eeyore
5. “Yup, I know how that feels.” — Eeyore
6. “Just as I thought, not better from this side.” — Eeyore
7. “Waiting to say hello—I can’t get the hang of it.” — Eeyore
8. “I’m not fun enough to be invited.” — Eeyore
9. “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.” — Eeyore
10. “Don’t pay much attention to me, nobody ever does.” — Eeyore
You might also like these Donnie Darko quotes from the sci-fi psychological thriller.
Eeyore quotes about his tail
11. “It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.” – Eeyore
12. “Most likely lose it again, anyway.” – Eeyore
13. “It’s an awful nice tail, Kanga. Much nicer than the rest of me.” – Eeyore
14. “Might take a day or two, but I’ll find a new one.” – Eeyore
15. “A tail isn’t a tail to them, it’s just a little bit extra at the back.” – Eeyore
16. “You don’t always want to be miserable on my birthday, do you?” – Eeyore
17. “No. But I sure do like this new tail.” – Eeyore
18. “When your tail is missing, Remember you have every right to mope.” – Eeyore
You will also enjoy our article on depression quotes.
Eeyore quotes about the weather
19. “Don’t blame me if it rains.” – Eeyore
20. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” Eeyore
21. “It’s snowing still. And freezing. However, we haven’t had an earthquake lately.” – Eeyore
22. “Never trust a cloud, I always say.” – Eeyore
23. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” – Eeyore
24. “It’s the only cloud in the sky. And it’s drizzling. Right on me. Somehow, I am not surprised.” – Eeyore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Naruto quotes about life, success and relationships.
Eeyore’s most pessimistic quotes
25. “It’s all for naught.” – Eeyore
Don’t forget to also check out these Joker quotes on humanity that really make you think.
Which of these Eeyore quotes is your favorite?
Eeyore exhibits some signs of clinical depression and anxiety to be sure.
You probably would too if it rained everywhere you went and your tail wouldn’t stay put!
There were clearly times he could have been a little kinder to his friends, and times they could have been nicer to him.
I do think he has some of the best quotes in the series, though.
Maybe he was intended to add a little adult humor, or balance out all of the eternal optimism that is Pooh?
Either way, Eeyore is one of the most well-loved characters.
I think I need to purchase some Eeyore merchandise with his writing quotes on it.
That spoke to me, and hopefully, some of these spoke to you as well!
Did you enjoy these interesting Eeyore quotes?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST