Learn more about mythical beings from these Fairy quotes.
Fairies go back to the middle ages in Europe and are most prevalent in Ireland, Cornwall, Wales, and Scotland.
Typically, fairies are mythical beings with magical powers who live on Earth and have close relationships with humans.
A fairy can appear as a dwarf-like creature or as a beautiful diminutive woman with wings.
Although most tales from today have fairies as close friends of humans, some of the tales of the middle ages had fairies as a creature that could be friendly or dangerous.
Some cultures believed that, in fact, fairies would sometimes carry off children to use as stock for more fairies.
Whether you want to think of fairies as good or bad, they are fun mythical creatures to add to stories.
Take a look at the Fairy quotes below.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of vampire quotes about the bloodsucking mythical creatures.
Fairy Quotes about Fairy Tales
Fairies have made fairy tales famous, evidenced by the quotes below.
1. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
2. “People don’t like the true and simple; they like fairy tales and humbug.” – Edmond And Jules De Goncourt
3. “If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairytales and I like them best of all.” – Audrey Hepburn
4. “Everything you look at can become a fairy tale and you can get a story from everything you touch.” – Hans Christian Andersen
5. “Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a last kingdom of peace.” – Eugene O’Neil
6. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.” – Hans Christian Andersen
7. “Fairy tales since the beginning of recorded time, and perhaps earlier, have been ‘a means to conquer the terrors of mankind through metaphor.’” – Jack Zipes
8. “Spring blossoms are fairy tales, autumn leaves are tragic dramas.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
9. “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman, ‘Caroline’
10. “Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” – C.S Lewis, ‘A Mighty Girl’
Fairy Quotes About Fairies
People have loved the mystique and magic of fairies since the beginning of time.
11. “Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels but their magic sparkles in nature.” – Lynn Holland
12. “If you see the magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future.” – Danielle Steel
13. “Nothing can be truer than fairy wisdom. It is as true as sunbeams.” – Douglas Jerrold
14. “Few humans see fairies or hear their music, but many find fairy rings of dark grass, scattered with toadstools, left by their dancing feet.” – Judy Allen
15. “Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” – Douglas Adams, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy’
16. “Many people don’t believe in fairies, but if you look real close they’re always there.” – Torlila
17. “Of all the minor creatures of mythology, fairies are the most beautiful, the most numerous, the most memorable.” – Andrew Lang
18. “Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.” – Alexandre Dumas, ‘The Count Of Monte Cristo’
19. “Fairies have to be one thing or the other, because being so small they, unfortunately, have room for one feeling only at a time.” – J.M. Barrie, ‘Peter Pan’
20. “Come fairies, take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.” – W.B Yeats, ‘The Land Of Heart’s Desire’
Who is Your Favorite Fairy
Do you have a favorite fairy from a movie, book, or show?
Please share these fairy quotes and sayings with your friends and family to get their opinions.
Post any comments below in the comments section.
December 21, 2022 7:16 AM EST