These leg day quotes will inspire you to keep up with your gym routine and work those legs! What are the benefits of leg day? Which exercises count as “leg day” exercises? Keep reading to find out!
There are several reasons that you should incorporate leg days into your workout routine. First off, the legs are the largest muscle group in your body. Any activity that works the muscle group in the leg is good for weight loss. This is because the amount of energy required to move them will burn more calories.
Some of these leg day quotes mention activities that you can do outside of the gym, including going for a walk, running, or dancing. Going for a nice leisurely walk outside is good for your legs and good for the soul. Nature can have an impact on your overall well-being.
Obviously, leg day will help tone your legs and make them look better. However, strengthening your leg muscles can also reduce back pain. Back pain is often caused by weak stabilizing muscles. Working your glutes, hip flexors, quadriceps, and hamstrings can reduce your chance of back injury and help you stand tall!
Now that these leg day quotes have you excited about leg day and feeling ready to get in the gym, go for a run, or try some dancing, be sure to check out the recommended leg day exercises at the end of the article!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Leg day quotes for Instagram
Put these quotes with a picture and you will have a great Instagram post! Check out the quotes below.
1. “My legs are hungover.” — Unknown
2. “Hustle for that muscle.” — Unknown
3. “Will you survive leg day?” — Unknown
4. “I love leg day. Leg day’s my favorite!” — Unknown
5. “I can’t feel my legs when I’m with you.” — Unknown
6. “After leg day, stairs just aren’t the same.” — Unknown
7. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali
8. “I got 99 problems and they’re all my sore muscles.” — Unknown
9. “For some people, leg day is hell. For me, it’s heaven.” — Unknown
10. “You make my knees weak. JK. Yesterday was leg day.” — Unknown
Motivation to keep going on leg day quotes
Exercising can wear you out, especially leg day. Here are some motivating quotes to keep you going!
11. “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
12. “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.” — Unknown
13. “Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.” — Unknown
14. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” — Unknown
15. “The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph’.” — Unknown
16. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” — Steve Prefontaine
17. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” — Aristotle
18. “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” — Unknown
19. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
20. “Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you.” — Unknown
Leg day quotes about reps and exercise
To get healthy, strong legs you have to put in the work. Take a look at the quotes below for some leg day advice.
21. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” — Gene Tunney
22. “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” — Kenneth H. Cooper
23. “Keep fighting, stay hungry, and take on the world one rep at a time.” — Joey Swoll
24. “Exercise is like an addiction. Once you’re in it, you feel like your body needs it.” — Elsa Pataky
25. “You can exercise anytime, anywhere. It doesn’t have to be the gym.” — Katarina Johnson-Thompson
26. “Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse.” — George A. Sheehan
27. “Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise.” — Linford Christie
28. “Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.” — Sasha Cohen
29. “My workouts include aerobic exercise for a healthy cardiovascular system; strength training to maintain muscle tone and bone density; core strength exercise for a stable mid-section; and stretching to maintain mobility.” — Samantha Stosur
30. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
Leg day quotes about activities that use your legs
Want some ideas to work out your legs besides with weights? Take a look at the quotes below.
31. “Walking is man’s best medicine.” — Hippocrates
32. “Nothing burns more calories than dancing in 5-inch heels… try it!” — Ariana Grande
33. “To me, running is life. I run to live longer and enjoy a healthier life.” — Eliud Kipchoge
34. “Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” — Thomas Jefferson
35. “Find fitness with fun dancing. It is fun and makes you forget about the dreaded exercise.” — Paula Abdul
36. “Nothing lifts me out of a bad mood better than a hard workout on my treadmill. It never fails. Exercise is nothing short of a miracle.” — Cher
37. “In general, any form of exercise, if pursued continuously, will help train us in perseverance. Long-distance running is particularly good training in perseverance.” — Mao Zedong
38. “Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competitions, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.” — Nelson Mandela
39. “Leg day is my favorite day. You can’t have a thorough leg workout without feeling completely spent. It’s a challenge, but the benefits of maintain muscle mass on my legs is important because, as the biggest muscle group in the body, it also helps me keep the proper body composition in terms of fat to muscle ratio.” — Ian Ziering
40. “I use a lot of balance training and functional training. Basically, it’s where you add an element of instability to a regular exercise. So whether it’s on the physioball or the Bosu ball or just balancing on one leg, I try to incorporate an instable plane and/or movement to the exercise, so the body’s doing two or more movements.” — Steve Nash
Leg day quotes that will have you hitting the gym
We all need to help getting to the gym once in awhile. Take a look at the quotes below.
41. “I like to meditate. But I get rid of my stress at the gym.” — Jason Statham
42. “Going to the gym is great for your body, but it’s also great for your mind.” — Rory McIlroy
43. “All I do is work out. Oh my God! Half my life is spent in a gym somewhere, sweating.” — Tom Brady
44. “The harder I train every day on the track and in the gym, the more trust I gain in myself.” — Miguel Cotto
45. “Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears, and effort in the gym every day.” — Gabby Douglas
46. “I am a morning person and the first task for me in the morning is to hit the gym.” — Siddharth Shukla
47. “I promise you; the gym has taken away so much of my stress. It has helped calm me down.” — Khloe Kardashian
48. “It’s so true: the fight is won or lost in the gym, and those words really stuck with me throughout my career.” — Katie Taylor
49. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
50. “The gym was my sanctuary. The place where you could forget about all your worries, your problems, people asking you for money, people asking you to do this, do that.” — Paul Pierce
Leg Day Quotes That Push You to Acquire Those Muscles
51. “Mediocre athletes that tried like hell to get good are the best coaches.” ― Mark Rippetoe
52. “If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.” ― Bret Contreras
53. “On the Internet, everyone squats. In real life, the squat rack is always empty. You figure out what this means.” ― Steve Shaw
54. “At the end of the day it’s not a weight contest, it’s a visual contest. And it doesn’t matter what you say you weigh, if you don’t look that big then you don’t look that big.” ― Dorian Yates
55. “I don’t believe in bodybuilders using steroids. If a man doesn’t have enough male hormones in his system to create, a nice hard, muscular body, he should take up ping pong.” ― Steve Reeves
56. “I don’t do this to be healthy, I do this to get big muscles.” ― Markus Ruhl
57. “Fortunately, there is a solution, and it’s not performing multiple sets of whatever cable Kegel exercise is being pushed as “The Answer.” Just a little hard, smart, basic work.” ― Jim Wendler
58. “Don’t have $100.00 shoes and a 10 cent squat.” ― Louie Simmons
59. “I’m the strongest bodybuilding who ever lived, I think.” ― Franco Columbu
60. “I’m not the kind of guy who tries to run between the drops. Sometimes you gotta get a little wet to reach your destination.” ― Erik Fankhouser
What are good leg day exercises?
Leg day workouts can help you build muscle in your lower body. This means your legs will be able to move faster. They will also be stronger and more powerful. Now, the only remaining question is—which exercises are best?
Well, the answer is anything that works your legs! If you are looking for some exercises you can do anywhere with no equipment, then start front squats and a walking lunge.
If you are working out in the gym, give the hip thrust and leg press machines a chance. If you are new to leg day, or the gym in general, just ask an employee to help you out. Many gym employees will show you how to use the equipment properly for two reasons.
First, they do not want you to get injured. They want to make sure you are in good shape and have a desire to come back.
Secondly, they do not want you to damage the equipment. Slamming the weights down is a big gym no-no! Therefore, if you ask, someone will show you the correct way to change weights and use the machine.
Whether you are in a gym or a group exercise class, you will see the benefits of leg day in just a short while. If the gym really isn’t for you, don’t stress—you can still have leg day!
Share some of your favorite leg day quotes or exercises with us in the comment section below!
November 17, 2022 8:00 AM EST