Whether you’re a Christian, an athlete, or anything in between, you’ll be inspired by these Tim Tebow quotes.
Tim Tebow is a retired professional athlete who’s well-known for his time as a quarterback in the NFL.
Tebow is not only a humble and gifted athlete but a devout and outspoken Christian.
In a world where it’s easy to get an ego and feel entitled, he gives all the glory back to God.
Tim walks by faith through all areas of his life and, through example, encourages others to do the same.
Tebow has shared his faith, mindset and wisdom inspiring fans through countless interviews and press conferences.
Here are some of our favorites Tim Tebow quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jerry Rice quotes to boost your work ethic.
Tim Tebow Quotes About Faith
1. “It’s OK to be outspoken about your faith.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: It is more than OK to be outspoken about who you are. If your faith is an important part of your identity than share that with the world. Of course, being outspoken about who you are doesn’t mean people will always agree with you, but you don’t need anyone else’s approval to be you!
2. “I have so many things to work on and so many ways that I fail. But that’s what grace is all about. and I constantly wake up every morning trying to get better, trying to improve, trying to walk closer to God.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Tim reminds us that we will fail, but all we can do is try to improve and seek grace. Grace is an important part of faith. It is also important to remember to give grace to others when they make a mistake.
3. “People often seem to think that when you’re following the Lord and trying to do His will, your path will always be clear, the decisions smooth and easy, and life will be lived happily ever after and all that. Sometimes that may be true, but I’ve found that more often, it’s not. The muddled decisions still seem muddled, bad things still happen to believers, and great things can happen to nonbelievers.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Faith isn’t some get out of jail free card for life. You will have your ups and downs and moments of doubt. Live your life in accordance with your beliefs and values, and try to find some strength in your faith.
4. “I’m not perfect. I’m never going to be. And that’s the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith, is you’re trying to get better every day. You’re trying to improve.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: None of us are perfect, and no matter what we do, we will never be perfect. All any of us can do, whether we are believers in the Christian faith or not, is put in the work to be our best.
5. “Mom used to quote Isaiah 64: about waiting on the Lord. It doesn’t mean being complacent. It means understanding that he has a plan and that we’re not the ones in control. In the meantime, we need to strive to use our gifts and abilities fully.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Don’t be inactive while waiting on the Lord. Take steps and open yourself up to the possibilities. What is meant to find you will, but it doesn’t hurt to be out there looking for it or readying yourself to be in a place to accept it.
Tim Tebow Quotes About God
6. “And so I look at it as a relationship that I have with him that I want to give him the honor and glory anytime I have the opportunity. And then right after I give him the honor and glory, I always try to give my teammates the honor and glory. And that’s how it works because Christ comes first in my life, and then my family, and then my teammates.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: What are your priorities? Are they in line with your faith or the type of person you want to be? Are you being grateful for opportunities or do you just let them go by? Or do you take the chance and then take your successes for granted. Regardless, of whether you believe in God, these are great questions to ask yourself!
7. “I’m not perfect. And who knows how many times I’ve fallen short. We all fall short. That’s the amazing thing about the grace of God.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: None of us are perfect, we are all only human. We can all practice giving grace to ourselves and the other people around us. God’s forgiveness is a standard that everyone should strive toward regardless of whether you are Christian or not. Holding onto anger, frustration, and resentment is bad for you!
8. “If I didn’t work as hard as I could, then I think it would be a bit like saying, ‘God, thanks for giving me this ability, but I don’t really care about it. I’m going to do something else, and I’m not going to work quite as hard.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: What a great way to look at anything! If you have a talent, and you want to be successful at it, then you will have to work hard. A natural ability is not enough without a desire to work hard and improve. Doing those things proves that it matters to you.
9. “I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: None of us have a crystal ball. The future has not happened, and you can’t predict what tomorrow will bring. You can do your best each day, try to anticipate some things, and make goals. However, don’t get so caught up in the future that you forget to be present in the moment.
10. “You and I were created by God to be so much more than normal…Following the crowd is not a winning approach to life. In the end, it’s a loser’s game because we never become who God created us to be by trying to be like everybody else.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Break out from the ordinary and let your uniqueness shine! Believe in your dreams, work hard, and learn from your mistakes. Most people never even try! If you are out there trying to make your dream a reality, then kudos to you! Be who you were meant to be and keep going!
11. “I grabbed my mom and I went to the couch and I said, ‘Mom I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.’ And I got on my knee and I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, and make me a child of God.” – Tim Tebow
12. “For me, it’s a great opportunity on a public platform to get on your knees and humble myself and thank the Lord for all the blessings he’s put in my life.” – Tim Tebow
Inspirational Tim Tebow Quotes for Athletes
13. “I am someone that is very competitive. When I’m on the field, I compete. When I’m practicing, when I’m in meetings. I’m a competitor in everything.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Competitiveness can be a good motivating factor for some of us. However, the person you should truly be in competition with is yourself. Are you killing it compared to last year’s you? What are plans to get further ahead then you are today? Make sure you do your best everyday, and you will win at life!
14. “One single great player doesn’t make anything for a team; it has to be a team. I think [American] football is the greatest team sport there is because you have to depend on your brother next to you.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Teamwork is an essential part of life whether you are talking about work, relationships, or even fun activities. Teamwork teaches us many things including improved communication, social, and listening skills. It also teaches us to value the happiness of others. Check out this article for more teamwork tips and benefits.
15. “As a competitor and an athlete, you have to believe in yourself. And you have to believe in the people who believe in you.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Believing in yourself is important regardless of whether you are a competitor or an athlete. It is essential to living the life you want, no matter what that life looks like. When people believe in themselves they can accomplish anything! Don’t believe me? Walt Disney’s idea for Mickey Mouse was rejected over 300 times! Thanks to his belief in himself we all get to experience the wonderful world of Disney today!
16. “There are several things that keep me grounded and focused… When you can humble yourself to say ‘I’m no more important than anyone else. I just have a gift.’” – Tim Tebow
17. “You’re going to have injuries, danger and glory in every sport. What makes football unique is that every person on that team needs to count on everybody else. It’s the ultimate team game and you have to depend on your coaches, you have to depend on your support staff, you have to depend on your teammates.” – Tim Tebow
18. “I don’t judge my self-worth as a football player. Football is something I love. It’s a fun career deal, but it’s not what I want to do with my life, because I see football as a game.” – Tim Tebow
19. “I’ll give my heart and soul whenever I step on that field and even when I’m on the sidelines. And at the end of the day, that’s really all you can ask of someone.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: All we can do in this life is our best. That is one of the few things we can control. Do your best in every aspect of your life whether it involves your relationships with others, your career, or you education. Often we think we are doing our best, but really we aren’t. Spend some time reflecting on your choices and decisions and be honest with yourself. That is the only way to grow.
20. “The lows are disappointing but that makes the highs much sweeter. That’s what drives you to compete.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: Knowing what losing, heartbreak, and failure feels like makes winning, love, and succeeding that much better. The lows remind us why the highs matter, and keep us striving for more. Just remember that with every low, there is something you can learn.
21. “We can control a few things: our attitude, our effort, our focus and how we go about treating our teammates.” – Tim Tebow
22. “Athletic ability can be taken away like that. It can all end in a heartbeat.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: The truth is that there is nothing in this world that is permanent. Abilities and talents can be taken away by things beyond your control. Love changes or ends. People die or leave. You could be sad about this or you can accept it and live every moment you have as a gift and do the most you can with it. Be grateful for your talents (and use them), be thankful for the people in your life (and appreciate them), and just live in the moment.
Tim Tebow Quotes to Inspire You to Not Give Up
23. “Along the way there’s going to be a lot of obstacles, a lot of adversity, a lot of people who will tell you you’re not good enough. I’m here to tell you that you are.” – Tim Tebow
24. “But – but the greatest way to witness is by walking that straight and narrow and also realizing that you’re going to mess up. That’s what grace is for. We’re going to fall, but we’ve got to get back up. And you’ve got to improve. And that’s what I’m all about.” – Tim Tebow
25. “You can’t lose confidence in yourself, or you’ve lost already. When you get knocked down, you’ve got to keep getting back up.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: It is not a matter of if you get knocked down, but rather, when you get knocked down. You have to know that whatever life throws your way you can handle. That doesn’t mean that things will be easy or you won’t feel a certain way about things. It just means that you have faith that after you have acknowledged how something has made you feel, you will get up and keep going.
26. “Just keep believing. This is an opportunity where great things can happen and let’s be great right now.” – Tim Tebow
Best Tim Tebow Quotes to Change Your Mindset
27. “Honestly, I’m just trying to do the best I can with every opportunity I’m given, and when I’m given the opportunities make the most of them.” – Tim Tebow
28. “I don’t try to focus on anything that doesn’t affect me personally and how I go out there every single day. I’m just going to continue to work hard and focus on what I can control.” – Tim Tebow
29. “No matter what happens, you’re always going to have those critics and those haters. You just have to learn how to deal with that.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: They are everywhere! And what they say to you is about themselves and their opinions. It is not about you, nor does it matter what they think! What matters is what you do. Can you learn something from what they said that will help you better? Ok, great than do that. If you can’t learn anything and they are just throwing noise at you, then learn how to block it out! Haters are going to hate, but you do not have to listen.
30. “I can’t control the naysayers. I can control my attitude and work ethic and determination and that’s what I’m focused on now.” – Tim Tebow
31. “Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens.” – Tim Tebow
32. “Something I learned early in college (is) to not worry about what I can’t control but what I can control is my attitude, my effort, my focus every single day and that’s what I’m trying to worry about.” – Tim Tebow
33. “When you die there’s going to be a tombstone. It’s going to have your name. It’s gonna have the year you’re born and the day you die. In between there’s going to be a dash. And that dash is going to represent everything you did in your life, good and bad. That’s how you’re remembered. What do you want your dash to represent?” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: If your life being reduced to a single dash between the day you were born and the day you died doesn’t light a fire under you, then what will? Did you spend the time you were alive living for your purpose and dreams? Or were you trying to be something you were not? Did you choose to be happy? Kind? Grateful? Or were you miserable? This quote from Tim Tebow reminds me of how Ebenezer Scrooge gets to look at his life with the help of a few ghosts, and course correct!
34. “I try to learn from every experience, good or bad.” – Tim Tebow
35. “I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective.” – Tim Tebow
36. “We all know of people who thought they could to it (whatever “it” is) tomorrow. We have all procrastinated on such a way, and often to our personal regret. It happens time and again, putting off things that we convince ourselves might be better, more meaningful, more appropriate for another time. So often that better time either never comes or really isn’t better or more appropriate after all. And then, sadly, the window of opportunity – to do something great – closes.” – Tim Tebow
Inspirational Tim Tebow Quotes and sayings
37. “Don’t be normal. Be an example.” – Tim Tebow
Everyday Application: What is normal, anyway? It is merely a version of how the majority think you should behave or act. Your thoughts, behaviors, and actions are some of the few things in this life that you can control. Don’t give someone else’s opinion the ability to rob that from you! Be your true self, whatever that looks like (as long as you aren’t hurting someone else of course)!
38. “If you believe, sometimes unbelievable things are possible.” – Tim Tebow
39. “I want to make someone’s life better because I’m here. If you have that attitude it will change your day and change your life.” – Tim Tebow
40. “Success comes in a lot of ways, but it doesn’t come with money and it doesn’t come with fame. It comes from having a meaning in your life, doing what you love and being passionate about what you do. That’s having a life of success. When you have the ability to do what you love, love what you do and have the ability to impact people. That’s having a life of success. That’s what having a life of meaning is.” – Tim Tebow
41. “If someone is there to believe in you, to care about you and support you, amazing things can happen.” – Tim Tebow
More Tim Tebow Quotes
42. “I don’t really regret much. I know there are things that I’ve done that have been wrong and wish I could do over again, but I feel it’s all made me who I am today, and I’m very thankful for that.” – Tim Tebow
43. “You just try to be nice to everybody and treat them all the same. Treat them how you would want to be treated.” – Tim Tebow
44. “I hope that when I’m 90 years old, I’ve accomplished a legacy that isn’t all about me. I hope it’s a legacy about the people who our foundation helps.” – Tim Tebow
45. “Strong leaders encourage you to do things for your own benefit, not just theirs.” – Tim Tebow
46. “I really try to enjoy life and have joy with what I do.” – Tim Tebow
47. “Being physically fit helps me think better and feel better. I only have this one body. I want to make the most impact that I can; taking care of my body helps me help others. That’s a big reason why I do it.” – Tim Tebow
48. “My integrity means more to me than any fame or money. When I say something, I want people to take it to the bank that I mean it and believe in it.” – Tim Tebow
49. “Whatever avenue I feel like I can… can make a difference in, I’d love to do.” – Tim Tebow
50. “It’s not the dreamers that are remembered, it’s the doers.” – Tim Tebow
What did you learn from these Tim Tebow quotes?
Tim Tebow is an inspiration for many.
Whether you look up to him as an athlete who is committed to being the best, a loving husband, or a devout Christian, there is something you can take away from him, his mindset and the way he lives his life.
By his example, we can learn to show grace to ourselves and those around us.
We can push past the barriers that may reveal themselves to us and overcome failure without being defeated by it.
We can love our family, our peers, and, above all, our God.
Through all this, we can live a joyful and fulfilling life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Tim Tebow quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
July 7, 2022 5:57 AM EST