Whether you’re a Christian, an athlete, or anything in between, you’ll be inspired by these Tim Tebow quotes.
Tim Tebow is a retired professional athlete who’s well-known for his time as a quarterback in the NFL. Tebow is not only a humble and gifted athlete but a devout and outspoken Christian.
In a world where it’s easy to get an ego and feel entitled, he gives all the glory back to God. Tim walks by faith through all areas of his life and, through example, encourages others to do the same.
Tebow has shared his faith, mindset and wisdom inspiring fans through countless interviews and press conferences. Here are some of our favorites Tim Tebow quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jerry Rice quotes to boost your work ethic.
Tim Tebow Quotes About Faith
1. “It’s OK to be outspoken about your faith.” – Tim Tebow
2. “I have so many things to work on and so many ways that I fail. But that’s what grace is all about. and I constantly wake up every morning trying to get better, trying to improve, trying to walk closer to God.” – Tim Tebow
3. “People often seem to think that when you’re following the Lord and trying to do His will, your path will always be clear, the decisions smooth and easy, and life will be lived happily ever after and all that. Sometimes that may be true, but I’ve found that more often, it’s not. The muddled decisions still seem muddled, bad things still happen to believers, and great things can happen to nonbelievers.” – Tim Tebow
4. “I’m not perfect. I’m never going to be. And that’s the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith, is you’re trying to get better every day. You’re trying to improve.” – Tim Tebow
5. “Mom used to quote Isaiah 64: about waiting on the Lord. It doesn’t mean being complacent. It means understanding that he has a plan and that we’re not the ones in control. In the meantime, we need to strive to use our gifts and abilities fully.” – Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow Quotes About God
6. “And so I look at it as a relationship that I have with him that I want to give him the honor and glory anytime I have the opportunity. And then right after I give him the honor and glory, I always try to give my teammates the honor and glory. And that’s how it works because Christ comes first in my life, and then my family, and then my teammates.” – Tim Tebow
7. “I grabbed my mom and I went to the couch and I said, ‘Mom I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.’ And I got on my knee and I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, and make me a child of God.” – Tim Tebow
8. “If I didn’t work as hard as I could, then I think it would be a bit like saying, ‘God, thanks for giving me this ability, but I don’t really care about it. I’m going to do something else, and I’m not going to work quite as hard.” – Tim Tebow
9. “I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.” – Tim Tebow
10. “You and I were created by God to be so much more than normal…Following the crowd is not a winning approach to life. In the end, it’s a loser’s game because we never become who God created us to be by trying to be like everybody else.” – Tim Tebow
11. “I’m not perfect. And who knows how many times I’ve fallen short. We all fall short. That’s the amazing thing about the grace of God.” – Tim Tebow
12. “For me, it’s a great opportunity on a public platform to get on your knees and humble myself and thank the Lord for all the blessings he’s put in my life.” – Tim Tebow
Inspirational Tim Tebow Quotes for Athletes
13. “I am someone that is very competitive. When I’m on the field, I compete. When I’m practicing, when I’m in meetings. I’m a competitor in everything.” – Tim Tebow
14. “One single great player doesn’t make anything for a team; it has to be a team. I think [American] football is the greatest team sport there is because you have to depend on your brother next to you.” – Tim Tebow
15. “As a competitor and an athlete, you have to believe in yourself. And you have to believe in the people who believe in you.” – Tim Tebow
16. “There are several things that keep me grounded and focused… When you can humble yourself to say ‘I’m no more important than anyone else. I just have a gift.’” – Tim Tebow
17. “You’re going to have injuries, danger and glory in every sport. What makes football unique is that every person on that team needs to count on everybody else. It’s the ultimate team game and you have to depend on your coaches, you have to depend on your support staff, you have to depend on your teammates.” – Tim Tebow
18. “I don’t judge my self-worth as a football player. Football is something I love. It’s a fun career deal, but it’s not what I want to do with my life, because I see football as a game.” – Tim Tebow
19. “I’ll give my heart and soul whenever I step on that field and even when I’m on the sidelines. And at the end of the day, that’s really all you can ask of someone.” – Tim Tebow
20. “The lows are disappointing but that makes the highs much sweeter. That’s what drives you to compete.” – Tim Tebow
21. “We can control a few things: our attitude, our effort, our focus and how we go about treating our teammates.” – Tim Tebow
22. “Athletic ability can be taken away like that. It can all end in a heartbeat.” – Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow Quotes to Inspire You to Not Give Up
23. “Along the way there’s going to be a lot of obstacles, a lot of adversity, a lot of people who will tell you you’re not good enough. I’m here to tell you that you are.” – Tim Tebow
24. “But – but the greatest way to witness is by walking that straight and narrow and also realizing that you’re going to mess up. That’s what grace is for. We’re going to fall, but we’ve got to get back up. And you’ve got to improve. And that’s what I’m all about.” – Tim Tebow
25. “You can’t lose confidence in yourself, or you’ve lost already. When you get knocked down, you’ve got to keep getting back up.” – Tim Tebow
26. “Just keep believing. This is an opportunity where great things can happen and let’s be great right now.” – Tim Tebow
Best Tim Tebow Quotes to Change Your Mindset
27. “Honestly, I’m just trying to do the best I can with every opportunity I’m given, and when I’m given the opportunities make the most of them.” – Tim Tebow
28. “I don’t try to focus on anything that doesn’t affect me personally and how I go out there every single day. I’m just going to continue to work hard and focus on what I can control.” – Tim Tebow
29. “No matter what happens, you’re always going to have those critics and those haters. You just have to learn how to deal with that.” – Tim Tebow
30. “I can’t control the naysayers. I can control my attitude and work ethic and determination and that’s what I’m focused on now.” – Tim Tebow
31. “Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens.” – Tim Tebow
32. “Something I learned early in college (is) to not worry about what I can’t control but what I can control is my attitude, my effort, my focus every single day and that’s what I’m trying to worry about.” – Tim Tebow
33. “When you die there’s going to be a tombstone. It’s going to have your name. It’s gonna have the year you’re born and the day you die. In between there’s going to be a dash. And that dash is going to represent everything you did in your life, good and bad. That’s how you’re remembered. What do you want your dash to represent?” – Tim Tebow
34. “I try to learn from every experience, good or bad.” – Tim Tebow
35. “I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective.” – Tim Tebow
36. “We all know of people who thought they could to it (whatever “it” is) tomorrow. We have all procrastinated on such a way, and often to our personal regret. It happens time and again, putting off things that we convince ourselves might be better, more meaningful, more appropriate for another time. So often that better time either never comes or really isn’t better or more appropriate after all. And then, sadly, the window of opportunity – to do something great – closes.” – Tim Tebow
Inspirational Tim Tebow Quotes and sayings
37. “Don’t be normal. Be an example.” – Tim Tebow
38. “If you believe, sometimes unbelievable things are possible.” – Tim Tebow
39. “I want to make someone’s life better because I’m here. If you have that attitude it will change your day and change your life.” – Tim Tebow
40. “Success comes in a lot of ways, but it doesn’t come with money and it doesn’t come with fame. It comes from having a meaning in your life, doing what you love and being passionate about what you do. That’s having a life of success. When you have the ability to do what you love, love what you do and have the ability to impact people. That’s having a life of success. That’s what having a life of meaning is.” – Tim Tebow
41. “If someone is there to believe in you, to care about you and support you, amazing things can happen.” – Tim Tebow
More Tim Tebow Quotes
42. “I don’t really regret much. I know there are things that I’ve done that have been wrong and wish I could do over again, but I feel it’s all made me who I am today, and I’m very thankful for that.” – Tim Tebow
43. “You just try to be nice to everybody and treat them all the same. Treat them how you would want to be treated.” – Tim Tebow
44. “I hope that when I’m 90 years old, I’ve accomplished a legacy that isn’t all about me. I hope it’s a legacy about the people who our foundation helps.” – Tim Tebow
45. “Strong leaders encourage you to do things for your own benefit, not just theirs.” – Tim Tebow
46. “I really try to enjoy life and have joy with what I do.” – Tim Tebow
47. “Being physically fit helps me think better and feel better. I only have this one body. I want to make the most impact that I can; taking care of my body helps me help others. That’s a big reason why I do it.” – Tim Tebow
48. “My integrity means more to me than any fame or money. When I say something, I want people to take it to the bank that I mean it and believe in it.” – Tim Tebow
49. “Whatever avenue I feel like I can… can make a difference in, I’d love to do.” – Tim Tebow
50. “It’s not the dreamers that are remembered, it’s the doers.” – Tim Tebow
What did you learn from these Tim Tebow quotes?
Tim Tebow is an inspiration for many. Whether you look up to him as an athlete who is committed to being the best, a loving husband, or a devout Christian, there is something you can take away from him, his mindset and the way he lives his life.
By his example, we can learn to show grace to ourselves and those around us. We can push past the barriers that may reveal themselves to us and overcome failure without being defeated by it. We can love our family, our peers, and, above all, our God. Through all this, we can live a joyful and fulfilling life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Tim Tebow quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 2, 2021 7:00 AM EST