Are you looking for exciting gospel quotes?
This collection of quotes about the gospel will leave you feeling inspired and uplifted.
What is the gospel?
In present times, the gospel is the narrative and teachings of Yeshua, or Jesus Christ.
In short, the gospel is the good news.
Gospel teachings encourage people to practice:
The term Christ comes from the greek word Christos, meaning anointed one or teacher.
The canonical gospels were written well after the death of Jesus.
The accounts are not eyewitnesses, but they still provide a good idea of the story of Jesus.
For many, the gospel is the teachings of Jesus and goes beyond words.
Millions of people worldwide follow these teachings and aim to live by the principles and examples set by the Christed one.
Jackie Gomes is an educator and community activist.
She uses the gospel as a platform to teach various subjects, including science, math, and social-emotional skills.
She posits that the gospel is something to be lived.
When asked to define the gospel, she responded, “The truth is that we are made in the image and likeness of God. We are all connected as sons and daughters, and that same Christ power that lived in Jesus abides in all of us.”
Inspiration can come from anywhere
The story of Jesus has valuable lessons for everyone, Christian or not.
Check out our gospel quotes below for more inspiration.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of religious quotes to bring you inner peace.
Short gospel quotes
These brief gospel quotes celebrate those who feel inspired.
1. “The gospel to me is simply irresistible.” — Blaise Pascal
2. “I’ve done gospel songs on every album.” — DMX
3. “I was born into a family of gospel singers.” — Dionne Warwick
4. “The role of the pastor is to embody the gospel.” — Eugene H. Peterson
5. “Opportunities for sharing the gospel are everywhere.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
6. “Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel.” — Michael Jackson
7. “Gospel music means good news. It’s good-news music.” — Kirk Franklin
8. “There is a power in God’s gospel beyond all description.” — Charles Spurgeon
9. “Gospel music to me has always been a balm for the soul.” — Kim Fields
10. ”Trust is to human relationships what faith is to gospel living.” — Barbara Smith
Gospel music quotes
These quotes celebrate the rich history of gospel music.
11. “Gospel music is not a sound; gospel music is a message.” — Kirk Franklin
12. “Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” — Anonymous
13. “Gospel music allows us to become closer to God and closer to each other.” — Marvin Sapp
14. “What you present as the gospel will determine what you present as discipleship” — Dallas Willard
15. “A testimony of the truth of the gospel does not come the same way to all people.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
16. “There is a sound that comes from gospel music that doesn’t come from anything else.” — Yolanda Adams
17. “I love to perform, to give glory to God with my own brand of funky gospel music.” — Tyka Nelson
18. “I’ve done all different kinds of genres – doo-wop, pop, funk, gospel, country, jazz, you name it.” — Aaron Neville
19. “Let me tell you something: being broke ain’t going to make nobody come to the Gospel.” — Mase
20. “The Gospel offers forgiveness for the past, new life for the present, and hope for the future.” — John Sentamu
Gospel quotes on service
These quotes remind us how living the gospel requires service to self and others.
21. “In their poverty, the mentally handicapped reveal God to us and hold us close to the gospel.” — Henri Nouwen
22. “The minister of the Gospel is really the yardstick by which the nation measures its morals.” — Jimmy Swaggart
23. “Gospel influences your soul. If you’ve had church in your background… it’s just a part of your musical DNA.” — Masego
24. “Communism introduced into the world a substitute for true religion. It is a counterfeit of the gospel plan.” — Ezra Taft Benson
25. “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” — Martin Luther
26. “The message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is that we can and must expect to become better as long as we live.” — Henry B. Eyring
27. “The joy you’ll have when you meet that person in heaven will far exceed any discomfort you felt in sharing the gospel.” — Charles Stanley
28. “Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life.” — Ravi Zacharias
29. “The gospel needs to be preached all over the world. You cannot light a candle and put it under a roof.” — T. B. Joshua
30. “When you are giving people the gospel, you are giving them something to believe, and you have to set the stage for that.” — Charles R. Swindoll
Gospel quotes about life
People look to the gospel when seeking some of life’s biggest questions.
31. “If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don’t like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.” — Saint Augustine
32. “I’ll only retire in the day I should be dead, and they have me buried, and some idiot spell over my casket some stupid gospel stuff.” — Ozzy Osbourne
33. “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.” — Winston Churchill
34. “When I started recording, I thought I’d be able to do all kinds of records: jazz, country, dance – and I’ve always wanted to do a gospel album.” — Tom Jones
35. “The basic principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ are simple, and they are universal. Faith in the Savior is the same in Boston as it is in Accra.” — David A. Bednar
36. “The Christian missionary may preach the gospel to the poor naked heathen, but the spiritual heathen who populate Europe have as yet heard nothing of Christianity.” — Carl Jung
37. “You are priests, not social or political leaders. Let us not be under the illusion that we are serving the Gospel through an exaggerated interest in the wide field of temporal problems.” — Pope John Paul II
38. “If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich, and he never would have gone home.” — Vance Havner
39. “I only hope that one day, America will recognize what the rest of the world already has known, that our indigenous music – gospel, blues, jazz, and R&B – is the heart and soul of all popular music; and that we cannot afford to let this legacy slip into obscurity, I’m telling you.” — Quincy Jones
40. “As a preacher of the Gospel, our late venerable Bishop must have been heard, to form an adequate conception of his superior excellence and commanding eloquence.” — John Strachan
Inspirational gospel quotes
This collection of gospel quotes is for everyone who feels inspired by the gospel.
41. “I tell you, gospel music is very uplifting.” — Dion DiMucci
42. “What is a farm but a mute gospel?” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “Blues are the songs of despair, but gospel songs are the songs of hope.” — Mahalia Jackson
44. “The gospel is a message of peace. Christianity is a system which, received and obeyed, would 45. spread peace, harmony, and happiness throughout the earth.” — Ellen G. White
46. “The spirit of the gospel is optimistic; it trusts in God and looks on the bright side of things.” —- Orson F. Whitney
47. “The gospel comprises indeed, and unfolds, the whole mystery of man’s redemption, as far forth as it is necessary to be known for our salvation.” — Robert Boyle
48. “Let us all remember this: one cannot proclaim the Gospel of Jesus without the tangible witness of one’s life.” — Pope Francis
49. “I liked blues from the time my mother used to take me to church. I started to listen to gospel music.” — B. B. King
50. “Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion.” — David A. Bednar
We are seeking the kingdom within
One of the teachings of Jesus was that the kingdom of God is within each of us.
It is sound advice to consider yourself as a kingdom to take the best care possible.
There is a saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The accounts in the gospel tell the story of a man whose mission was to inspire others.
The examples of Jesus in the gospel accounts were to make more leaders, not more followers.
However, the value of the gospel fluctuates depending on who you are asking.
For some, this narrative is the ultimate story of compassion and sacrifice.
For others, it is a story of heresy and an abomination.
For those with open minds, stories like the one of Christ or any other spiritual figurehead can offer food for thought and inspiration.
Which of these gospel quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.