Finding the Grand Canyon quotes might sound daunting but don’t worry, as we have done the hard work for you.
We have compiled a list of the best quotes about the Grand Canyon that are engaging and inspiring.
The quotes demonstrate the beauty of this place.
After reading these quotes, you might start planning a trip to the Grand Canyon.
Before going to our quotes section, let’s talk about a few of the most amazing facts associated with the Grand Canyon.
Interesting facts about the Grand Canyon
There are numerous natural wonders around us, and Grand Canyon is one of them.
Here are some amazing facts about the Grand Canyon that you might be unfamiliar with.
- Grand Canyon is more than 1800 meters deep.
- Stretched up to 277 miles in length, the Grand Canyon is larger than Rhode Island.
- There are over 1000 recorded caves located in Grand Canyon.
- Over 5.9 million people visit Grand Canyon each year.
- Grand Canyon was created nearly 6 million years ago due to the erosion caused by the Colorado River.
- It’s a hectic journey to travel from the South Rim to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in one day, as you would have to cover over 320 km.
- Theodore Roosevelt played a key role in protecting the Grand Canyon by declaring it a national monument.
- The people of the Hopi Tribe refer to the Grand Canyon as a gateway to life after death.
- Temperature varies greatly (up to 25 degrees) within the different areas of the Grand Canyon.
- Despite its popularity, Grand Canyon isn’t the deepest canyon in the world.
- The Grand Canyon is home to a wide range of fossils, mostly of the marine animals that dwelled here nearly 1.2 billion years ago.
Top 10 Grand Canyon quotes
Below are the top ten Grand Canyon quotes that you will find amazing. These quotes are short yet impressive, making them a perfect option for sharing via social media.
1. “The sky is a meadow of wildstar flowers.” ― Ann Zwinger
2. “Crying – acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon.” ― Ron Swanson
3. “I believe in science and evolution. I’ve been to the Grand Canyon.” ― Bill Walton
4. “With what you don’t know about me, I could just about fill the Grand Canyon.” ― Kevin Smith
5. “It’s not at all naturally human to see something like Grand Canyon as beautiful.” ― David Roberts
6. “It seemed so improbable. But so did everything else that I really paid attention to.” ― Carrie Saxifrage
7. “There’s a Grand Canyon-sized gulf between explanation and experience.” ― Jad Abumrad
8. “Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
9. “Working with Jack [Nicholson] is sort of like standing in front of the Grand Canyon.” ― Diane Keaton
10. “The glories and the beauties of form, color, and sound unite in the Grand Canyon.” ― John Wesley Powell
Grand Canyon quotes for nature lovers
These Grand Canyon quotes would let you feel the majestic stature of this natural wonder. Especially, if you love to spend time among nature, these Grand Canyon quotes are right for you.
11. “It’s always been a luxury to be able to hop a plane to Paris, to Venice, to the Grand Canyon.” ― Nancy Gibbs
12. “There’s not a single person in Arizona today who would say the Grand Canyon was a mistake.” ― Stewart Udall
13. “Publishing a book of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo.” ― Don Marquis
14. “Life is supposed to be a series of peaks and valleys. The secret is to keep the valleys from becoming Grand Canyons.” ― Bernard Williams
15. “The elements that unite to make the Grand Canyon the most sublime spectacle in nature are multifarious and exceedingly diverse.” ― John Wesley Powell
16. “In the Grand Canyon, Arizona has a natural wonder which is in kind absolutely unparalleled throughout the rest of the world.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
17. “I don’t believe that anyone can see the Grand Canyon area for themselves and not know that we have to do everything we can to protect it for future generations.” ― Nolan Gould
18. “Occasionally we glimpse the South Rim, four or five thousand feet above. From the rims the Grand Canyon seems oceanic; at the surface of the river the feeling is intimate.” ― Barry López
19. “The Grand Canyon is living evidence of the power of water over a period of time. The power may not manifest immediately. Water can be very powerful, like a tidal wave.” ― Frederick Lenz
20. “It’s like trying to describe what you feel when you’re standing on the rim of the Grand Canyon or remembering your first love or the birth of your child. You have to be there to really know what it’s like.” ― Harrison Schmitt
Grand Canyon quotes for Instagram
The Grand Canyon quotes listed below are perfect for sharing on Instagram.
21. “If you are working, almost like with layers of the Grand Canyon, there’s history within those layers.” ― Leonardo Drew
22. “I would rather stumble by chance on a tiny stream in the woods than plan a trip to the Grand Canyon.” ― Marty Rubin
23. “Bryce Canyon isn’t as famous as the Grand Canyon, but it is just incredible ― nothing compares to it.” ― Harry Shearer
24. “I am Hualapai. We are located in Northern Arizona, at the Grand Canyon. We own the Skywalk area.” ― Kiowa Gordon
25. “Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an inner tube; there are some things one would rather have done than do.” ― Edward Abbey
26. “There will never be a photograph of the Grand Canyon that can adequately describe its depth, breadth, and true beauty.” ― Stefanie Payne
27. “The wonders of the Grand Canyon cannot be adequately represented in symbols of speech, nor by speech itself.” ― John Wesley Powell
28. “The Grand Canyon which yawns between the writer’s concept of what he wants to capture in words and what comes through is a cruel abyss.” ― Fannie Hurst
29. “The Grand Canyon is carven deep by the master hand; it is the gulf of silence, widened in the desert; it is all time inscribing the naked rock; it is the book of earth.” ― Donald C. Peattie
30. “I went to the Grand Canyon with my family when I was about eight years old, and I had a very blah experience. I think the scale of it is too huge ― you don’t appreciate it.” ― David Roberts
Funny Grand Canyon quotes
Below, we have included some of the most amazing and funny Grand Canyon quotes to lighten your mood. You can also bring smiles to the faces of your loved ones by sharing these quotes.
31. “In golf, ‘close’ is like the north and south rim of the Grand Canyon.” ― Johnny Miller
32. “I wish they’d build a ski jump at the Grand Canyon; it’d be fantastic.” ― Eddie the Eagle
33. “We didn’t have a generation gap, we had a generation Grand Canyon.” ― Mary Brave Bird
34. “I get very upset when money is being cut and people can’t visit the Grand Canyon.” ― Anne Waldman
35. “I could throw 56―pound words clear across the Grand Canyon. As a matter of course, I went into politics.” ― Henry F. Ashurst
36. “Majestic doesn’t appeal to us. We like the Grand Canyon better with Clarence and Arlene parked in front of it, smiling.” ― Garrison Keillor
37. “Trying to fill the God-sized hole in our hearts with things other than God is like trying to fill the Grand Canyon with marbles.” ― Peter Kreeft
38. “I’d like to see more of Colorado, Utah, and maybe go to Yellowstone. Oh, and I’d like to kayak down Colorado through the Grand Canyon.” ― Jesse Spencer
39. “I have permits to be the first person in the world to walk across the Grand Canyon so that’s a process we’ll start working on. I’d say within three to five years I’ll accomplish that as well.” ― Nik Wallenda
40. “Myths that need clarification: No matter how many times you see the Grand Canyon, you are still emotionally moved to tears. False. It depends on how many children the out-of-towners brought with them who kicked the back of your seat from Phoenix to Flagstaff and got their gum caught in your hair.” ― Erma Bombeck
Some other interesting Grand Canyon quotes
Here are a few other Grand Canyon quotes to grab your attention. These quotes are not only interesting, but they also have a message to convey.
41. “You can’t say you’re going to jump the Grand Canyon and then jump some other canyon.” ― Evel Knievel
42. “Every season has its peaks and valleys. What you have to try to do is eliminate the Grand Canyon.” ― Andy Van Slyke
43. “Politicians wanted to mine the Grand Canyon for zinc and copper, and Theodore Roosevelt said, ‘No.’” ― Douglas Brinkley
44. “I believe in a benevolent God not because He created the Grand Canyon or Michelangelo, but because He gave us snacks.” ― Paul Rudnick
45. “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset that the hand of God is there also.” ― John McCain
46. “Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal.” ― George Will
47. “We did a lot of those road trips, all the mandatory stuff that you should when you’re a kid, like Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon and the Sequoias and the western coast.” ― Vicki Lawrence
48. “I sit watching until dusk, hypnotized. I think of the sea as continually sloshing back and forth, repetitive, but my psyche goes with the river ― always loping downhill, purposeful, listening only to gravity.” ― Ann Zwinger
49. “We are all starved for the glory of God, not self. No one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase self-esteem. Why do we go? Because there is greater healing for the soul in beholding splendor than there is in beholding self.” ― John Piper
50. “There seemed to be a pattern to the drips from each seep, a pattern I had heard before, wondering each time if there might be a sort of specific timing… The sounds were predisposed, unaware of anything more important than their own syncopation.” ― Craig Childs
Which of these Grand Canyon quotes do you like the most?
Many authors have written beautiful and inspiring quotes about the Grand Canyon, from John Wesley Powell to Theodore Roosevelt.
These quotes give you an idea about the grandeur of the Grand Canyon.
The quotes above can serve as a perfect collection if you are interested in nature.
We hope you have enjoyed reading these Grand Canyon quotes and sayings.
Share your favorite quotes by commenting in the section below.