Ice Quotes About the Power of a Little Frozen Water
January 18, 2022 7:00 AM EST
You will find these ice quotes relatable If you live anywhere cold and wintery.
If you live somewhere warm, then you will be able to laugh at the rest of us who deal with scraping off our windshields after slipping on the ice on the way to our cars!
Ice can also provide many of us who live in colder climates with opportunities to participate in sports and activities like ice skating, figure skating, and ice hockey.
Places with warmer climates often have ice rinks for people who want to explore that feeling of gliding along on the ice.
It’s an especially magical activity during the holiday season.
Ice is more than just a weather phenomenon, and many of these ice quotes give us a philosophical way to look at life.
The saying “walking on thin ice” has both literal and physical implications.
My children know they should not be playing on the frozen pond by our house during the winter, but also understand what it means when I tell them they are walking on thin ice (despite it being a 100 degree summer day)!
Keep reading through these ice quotes to find that perfect quote for your wintery Instagram photos, motivational quotes for those athletes who need ice, or an insightful way to view life!
Don’t forget to also check out these snow quotes for winter lovers.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Philosophical ice quotes for life
1. “Life is only a flicker of melted ice.” ― Dejan Stojanovic, The Sun Watches the Sun
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
2. “Eternity is a glorious word, but eternity is ice.” ― Dejan Stojanovic, The Sun Watches the Sun
You will also enjoy our article on hockey quotes.
3. “Justice has to be cold. Deal with it; it’s just ice.” ― Natalya Vorobyova
You will also enjoy our article on Polar Express quotes.
4. “Patience is to wait for the ice to melt instead of breaking it.” ― Munia Khan
You will also enjoy our article on Frozen quotes.
5. “From the eyes of the ice, sunset is a big event, it is a great opportunity to live longer!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
6. “A tie is what you get after ice cubes have wrestled with hot water.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
7. “There is no point in trying to freeze the ice!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
8. “He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of dispute.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human: A Book for Free Spirits
9. “There is no person in need of being touched as much as a person who thinks something hot is touching even when a piece of ice touches!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
10. “We all get the same amount of ice. The rich get it in the summer. The poor get it in the winter.” ― Bat Masterson
Snow and ice quotes for Instagram
11. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ― Aristotle
12. “White lips, pale face, breathing in snowflakes.” ― Ed Sheeran
13. “You must have your heart on fire and your brain on ice.” ― Vladimir Lenin
14. “In the darkness and the snow, the street is empty, and it is just the night, the ice and me.” ― Miriam Joy
15. “We build statues out of snow, and weep to see them melt.” ― Walter Scott
16. “Every snowflake is unique, yet they are each perfect.” ― Donald L. Hicks
17. “The frost makes a flower, the dew makes a star.” ― Sylvia Plath
18. “The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” ― Martin Mull
19. “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” ― Carl Reiner
20. “But frost, like the crystallized dreams of autumn, began to coat the clearing with its sugar glaze.” ― Victoria Steele Logue
21. “If people could see into my heart, I should almost feel ashamed―all there is cold, cold as ice.” ― Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
‘Thin ice’ quotes
22. “You play on the ice… you get what you should get.” ― Deyth Banger
23. “In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “If I’m walking on thin ice, I might as well dance my way across.” ― Mercedes Lackey
25. “To ‘walk on thin ice’ is to demonstrate how thick my common sense is not.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
26. “The thinner the ice, the more anxious everyone is to see whether it will bear.” ― Josh Billings
27. “Faith is only as valid as its object. You could have tremendous faith on very thin ice and drown… You could have very little faith in thick ice and be perfectly secure.” ― Stuart Briscoe
28. “Thin ice isn’t a problem for the sea; it’s a problem for the blind idiot who steps out on it. The fool who breaks it gets sucked under; the ice, it mends.” ― Jennifer Giesbrecht, The Monster of Elendhaven
29. “as her marriage was on the rocks and thin ice simultaneously, which surprisingly the latter is not verbiage for alcohol lingo, unlike the former, which is.” ― J.S. Mason, A Dragon, A Pig, and a Rabbi Walk into a Bar… and other Rambunctious Bites
30. “It’s a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water.” ― Franklin P. Jones
Ice quotes about figure skating and hockey
31. “I just thought that it was magical having to glide across the ice.” ― Debi Thomas
32. “A figure skater is not just a figure skater who does great jumps. He is an artist on ice.” ― Alexei Yagudin
33. “When you’re on the ice, you have very little time, you see very little, and everything happens really quick.” ― Steve Yzerman
34. “I love skating and sparkling and flying around the ice, and people clap for you.” ― Johnny Weir
35. “There’s something about putting on a pair of skates, and getting out there and moving like nobody else can.” ― Randy Gardner
36. “If you are a complete perfectionist, then the truth is that this ice skating business will drive you a little crazy!” ― Dorothy Hamill
37. “Hockey players have fire in their hearts and ice in their veins.” ― Author Unknown
38. “When you play hockey, you don’t have any fear. As soon as you step on the ice, everything goes away and you’re focusing on the puck and focusing on the play.” ― Alexander Ovechkin
39. “People don’t know how fantastic women’s ice hockey is. People don’t know how fantastic hockey is in general.” ― Hilary Knight
40. “There’s always that first step in skating, from dry ground to slick ice, when it just seems impossible. Impossible that two thin blades of metal will support you, impossible that because its molecules have begun to dance a little slower water will hold you up.” ― Carol Goodman, The Lake of Dead Languages
Ice quotes from books and other literary work
41. “Ice can kill as dead as fire.” ― George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
42. “Winter hung in there, like an invalid refusing to die. Day after grey day, the ice stayed hard; the world remained unfriendly and cold.” ― Neil Gaiman, Odd, and the Frost Giants
43. “Ice burns, and it is hard to the warm-skinned to distinguish one sensation, fire, from the other, frost.” ― A. S. Byatt, Elementals: Stories of Fire and Ice
44. “The world seemed spellbound in icy purity, its earthly blemishes veiled; it lay fixed in a deathlike, enchanted trance.” ― Thomas Mann, The Magic Mountain
45. “Be thou as chaste as ice, as pure as snow, thou shalt not escape calumny.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
46. “The ice was here, the ice was there―The ice was all around: It cracked and growled, and roared and howled―Like noises in a swound!” ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Best Poems of All Time: Part 1
47. “Language is ice that breaks beneath our feet.” ― Laura Gentile, Daughterbody I: a self-exorcism through poetry
48. “Ice has a social life. Its changeability shapes the culture, language and stories of those who live near it!” ― Robert Macfarlane, Underland: A Deep Time Journey
49. “Fame always brings loneliness. Success is as ice cold and lonely as the North Pole.” ― Vicki Baum
50. “Ice no longer scared me. Its facets were beautiful, especially when it caught and held the vibrancy of flame.” ― Elly Blake, Nightblood
What did you learn from these ice quotes?
Ice has many descriptive properties and can really bring home the imagery of a written work.
You can write about the way it feels, looks, and sounds.
Therefore, it is not surprising how y of these cool ice quotes came from books or works of literature.
Fire and Ice by Robert Frost (the irony of his name is not lost on me) is one of my favorite poems.
It talks about how, while these elements are inherently different, they are both extremes and capable of bringing about destruction.
If you have tried to drive your car around on icy roads then you know just how treacherous a small amount of frozen water can be.
Even Disney’s Frozen demonstrated how ice can be fun, but also powerful and dangerous.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these ice quotes and sayings?
You can share some of your ice-capades with us in the comment section below.
They can be funny, dangerous, or informative.
Remember to do the penguin shuffle when you walk and be careful out there!