These motivational gentleman quotes will inspire you to become an upstanding member of society.
Living a life of honor, determination, humility, and respect is a good start to becoming a modern gentleman.
These inspirational quotes will encourage you on your journey of elegance and self-improvement.
What are the qualities of a gentleman?
Being a gentleman comes down to action and behavior.
Anyone can indulge in a life of class and acclaim if they make the right choices.
This collection of wise words will teach you how to be the perfect gentleman.
Gentlemen still exist in the world today, but they are rare.
It can be difficult to always maintain a thoughtful and dapper demeanor.
Show these quotes to your husband or boyfriend if you want to encourage them to start acting like a modern gentleman.
These incredible pieces of advice come from the minds of celebrities, philosophers, and other leading experts on true gentlemen.
Don’t forget to also read these good man quotes that will inspire you to do your best.
Gentleman quotes that will inspire you to live a classy, dapper life
1. “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.” – George Bernard Shaw
2. “A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me.” – Frederick Douglass
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of John Locke quotes on character, wealth, and more.
3. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
4. “A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone’s feelings unintentionally.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.” – Henri Bergson
6. “It is almost a definition of a gentleman to say that he is one who never inflicts pain.” – John Henry Newman
7. “Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.” – John Locke
8. “Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice.” – Vin Diesel
9. “Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor.” – Benjamin Disraeli
10. “With a gentleman I am always a gentleman and a half, and with a fraud I try to be a fraud and a half.” – Otto von Bismarck
Gentleman quotes that will inspire you to make the right choices
11. “As a general rule, it pays to be confident, helpful and nice.” – Colin Wright
12. “A gentleman is never rude except on purpose – I can honestly be nasty sober, believe you me.” – Christopher Hitchens
13. “Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument.” – Desmond Tutu
14. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
15. “I would like to think that I’m a gentleman and a nice guy.” – Logic
16. “A gentleman knows his actions carry more weight than any words spoken.” – Unknown
17. “Whether the gentleman is capable or not, he is loved all the same; conversely the petty man is loathed all the same.” – Xun Kuang
18. “Prayer gives a man the opportunity of getting to know a gentleman he hardly ever meets. I do not mean his maker, but himself.” – William Inge
19. “No gentleman ever discusses any relationship with a lady.” – Keith Miller
20. “Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.” – Theodore Roosevelt
These inspiring promise quotes about keeping your word that will remind you to always be honest and honorable.
Gentleman quotes to encourage you on your journey of elegance and self improvement
21. “Choose being kind over being right and you’ll be right every time.” – Richard Carlson
22. “My ideal man is faithful, honest, and a gentleman who knows how to treat women.” – Irina Shayk
23. “Excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
24. “For me, the best thing you can do as a man in loving someone is to do your best, go on that walk, and at the end of that walk be as much of a gentleman as you were in the beginning.” – Ryan Adams
25. “I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.” – William Ernest Henley
26. “This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him.” – William Lyon Phelps
27. “A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.” – Lana Turner
28. “I think you should take your job seriously, but not yourself. That is the best combination.” – Dame Judi Dench
29. “Profaneness is a brutal vice. He who indulges in it is no gentleman.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
30. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
Gentleman quotes to give you a fresh perspective
31. “I was brought up to be a gentleman. That means you know how to walk, talk and dress the part.” – Brian McKnight
32. “Hardship is the native soil of manhood and self-reliance.” – John Neal
33. “It’s attention to detail that makes the difference between average and stunning.” – Francis Atterbury
34. “I’m a gentleman, if nothing else. It’s taken me years to become one, but finally I have a sense of propriety.” – Eric Stoltz
35. “The look of a gentleman is little else than the reflection of the looks of the world.” – William Hazlitt
36. “If you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’ Brien
37. “I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.” – Joe Wilson
38. “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
39. “The word of a gentleman is as good as his bond; and sometimes better.” – Charles Dickens
40. “Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them.” – Bill Kelly
More gentleman quotes to inspire you
41. “Anyone can be heroic from time to time, but a gentleman is something you have to be all the time.” – Luigi Pirandello
42. “Masculinity is not something given to you, but something you gain. And you gain it by winning small battles with honor.” – Norman Mailer
43. “A man is only as good as his words are.” – Frank Sinatra
44. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
45. “If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them.” – Mohammad Zeyara
46. “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.” – Laurence Sterne
47. “The very first thing you learn if you’re a gentleman is that you never compare one woman to another. That’s the way of all death.” – Patrick Macnee
48. “A gentleman has his eyes on all those present; he is tender toward the bashful, gentle toward the distant, and merciful toward the absent.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
49. “A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude.” – Unknown
50. “And though it is much to be a nobleman, it is more to be a gentleman.” – Anthony Trollope
Gentleman quotes that show why they’re important
51. “A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman’s heart.” -Shannon Alder
52. “A gentleman is someone who does not what he wants to do, but what he should do.” -Haruki Murakami
53. “Chivalry: It’s the little boy that kisses my hand, the young man who holds the door open for me, and the old man who tips his hat to me. None of it is a reflection of me, but a reflection of them.” -Donna Lynn Hope
54. “The gentleman is dignified but not arrogant. The small man is arrogant but not digified.” -Confucius
55. “A gentleman by definition is a man who makes everyone around him feel comfortable. Arrogance who only thinks of himself without considering the needs of others is the opposite of a gentleman. They can both be wealthy, they don’t have to be, but they cannot both be gentlemen.” -Oliver Oyanadel
56. “Though he was her enemy, he treated her with unfailing courtesy.” -Jacqueline Carey
57.“he was a gentleman on whom I built / an absolute trust.” ― Sharon Olds
58. “A gentleman, I hope it will become clear, is not simply a man who stands apart. He is a man who stands up for others—sometimes even for his enemies—often when those others have no clue that he is there for them.” -Brad Miner
59. “Gentlemen always walk ladies home.” -Gabriellyn Gidman
60. “Austen suggests that a gentleman is made, not born – and made only through a process of painful self-reflection and discovery.” -Emily Auerbach
Insightful Quotes to Make You a Better Gentleman
61. “Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.” – Greg King
62. “A man does what he must—in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures—and that is the basis of all human morality.” – Winston Churchill
63. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Ian Maclaren
64. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
65. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
66. “Be humble. Be hungry. And be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson
67. “Celebrate the effort, for it is in the trying that you discover you.” – Sima Dahl
68. “Don’t hide your scars, they make you who you are.” – Frank Sinatra
69. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
70. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
71. “Don’t wait until you are ready to take action. Instead, take action to be ready.” – Jensen Siaw
72. “I live my life through fear. If I’m afraid of it I’ll do it just so I’m not afraid of it anymore.” – Jeremy Renner
73. “You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.” – Abraham Lincoln
74. “Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but it improves its chances.” – B.J. Gupta
75. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
76. “I walk slowly, but never backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
77. “Looking good isn’t self-importance; it’s self-respect.” – Charles Nix
78. “Make it simple, but significant.” – Don Draper
79. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
80. “Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.” – Michael Jackson
Which of these inspirational gentleman quotes encourages you to indulge in a life of elegance?
Being a true gentleman requires a lifetime of hard work and consistent behavior.
Although the path to excellence may be challenging, the results are worth it.
Gentlemen are successful and well-liked people.
If you want the motivation to change your life and become an upstanding member of society, read these gentleman quotes.
The first step to becoming a gentleman is understanding the traits and lifestyle you’re expected to maintain.
This collection of quotes and advice will give you a fresh perspective on everything.
It’s possible to reach your dreams if you create a plan and follow through with action.
Share these gentleman quotes with all of the men you know who could use inspiration or guidance.
What are your favorite gentleman quotes and sayings to guide you as you live a classy, dapper life?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 26, 2022 5:00 AM EST