Lustful quotes are generally liked and loved because of the bold nature of the text and the truth they are exposing to the public.
If you read the lustful quotes with an unbiased mind, it will amaze you to witness the depth of this topic.
Lust can be a source of great joy but can also be destructive if it’s not managed properly.
We define it as the emotion that drives us to want something; that is not good for other people.
But the essential factor here is that lust is also something you can control.
With the correct information and mindset, you can learn to keep your lust in check and prevent it from gaining too much control over your life.
Lust is a powerful and intense thing.
Strong enough, it can make you do activities you usually don’t think to do.
These lustful quotes will remind you to keep control of your consciousness and never fall prey to this powerful and robust beast-like thing.
How to keep lust in check?
Lust is an emotion that can also push us to do good actions for society.
It also helps us learn how to control our urges, which allows us to choose between good and evil.
However, if we are not careful, lust can become so powerful that it controls our entire lives.
Lust can be triggered due to:
- Lack of Knowledge
- Weak self-actualization
- Weak morality
- Bad Company
- Consuming provocative content
How to prevent lust?
We can overcome this emotion by educating ourselves about lust and developing a healthy relationship with it.
We must understand what lust means for us as individuals and how we can ensure it doesn’t consume us or cause us harm.
Here are a few worth sharing tips on how to tame that wild beast.
You might find that certain things in your life make you more susceptible to its influence but by learning about its effects and triggers.
You’ll be able to identify those situations and avoid them before they get out of hand.
It’s easy to blame our own faults on outside factors like “the world” or “society.”
But learning to accept yourself as an individual is vital when taming lust; if you don’t love who you are on the inside, how can anyone else be liked by you?
Never lose hope
It’s difficult to control this beast, but it’s not impossible.
So always try your level best to control it and never give up.
Now read and learn more about lust from the following quotes.
Top 10 lustful quotes about life and love
These are the top lustful quotes from our entire collection.
1. “Curiosity is the lust of the mind.” — Thomas Hobbes
2. “Gravitation is the lust of the cosmos.” — Mary Roach
3. “The rumba is the dance of love and lust.” — Hannah Brown
4. “It’s a pity nobody believes in simple lust anymore.” — Ava Gardner
5. “Lust and greed are more gullible than innocence.” — Mason Cooley
6. “People confuse ego, lust, insecurity with true love.” — Simon Cowell
7. “People never know how strong is their lust for being cheated.” — Joe Chung
8. “Only a struggle twists sentimentality and lust together into love.” — E. M. Forster
9. “Lust’s passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes.” — Marquis de Sade
10. “We as a country, our lust for entertainment has sort of superseded our sense of self-preservation.” — Sam Levinson
Lustful quotes that are perfect for Instagram
These are some unique and Insta-worthy lustful quotes that you should share with your friends and family.
11. “Variety, and multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.” — Marquis de Sade
12. “The more we are filled with thoughts of lust the less we find true romantic love.” — Douglas Horton
13. “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.” — John Webster
14. “I don’t think there’s anything like love at first sight. What happens is actually lust at first sight.” — Abhay Deol
15. “Ambition is a lust that is never quenched, but grows more inflamed and madder by enjoyment.” — Thomas Otway
16. “The lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host, and then a master.” — Khalil Gibran
17. “An enemy to whom you show kindness becomes your friend, excepting lust, the indulgence of which increases its enmity.” — Saadi
18. “Some wars have been due to the lust of rulers for power and glory, or to revenge to wipe out the humiliation of a former defeat.” — John Boyd Orr
19. “Lust is temporary, romance can be nice, but love is the most important thing of all. Because without love, lust and romance will always be short-lived.” — Danielle Steel
20. “You have to be able to carry a conversation. I think after the initial attraction kind of dies down. The lust dies down. There has to be the thing that engages you.” — Chris Pine
Deep lustful quotes to ponder
These are some lustful quotes with deep meaning to learn and think about.
21. “Do not follow vain desires; for verily he who prospers is preserved from lust, greed, and anger.” — Abu Bakr
22. “Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.” — Mahatma Gandhi
23. “The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather possess them than they possess their wealth.” — Pliny the Elder
24. “Writing is like a ‘lust,’ or like ‘scratching when you itch.’ Writing comes as a result of a very strong impulse, and when it does come, I, for one, must get it out.” — C. S. Lewis
25. “I don’t think that you can fake warmth. You can fake lust, jealousy, and anger; those are all quite easy. But actual, genuine warmth? I don’t think you can fake it.” — Keira Knightley
26. “There is a lust in man no charm can tame: Of loudly publishing his neighbor’s shame: On eagles wings, immortal scandals fly, while virtuous actions are born and die.” — William Harvey
27. “He who gives away shall have real gain. He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we reach Nirvana.” — Buddha
28. “Love is a strange emotion. It is ever-evolving. Lust is transient. With time, one realizes that love and togetherness are two different things. Very few people are lucky enough to experience the two emotions simultaneously.” — Randeep Hooda
29. “The Bible and several other self-help or enlightenment books cite the Seven Deadly Sins. They are pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that we do, that is sinful… or fun for that matter.” — Dave Mustaine
30. “No one can be a yogi, maintaining a state of mental equilibrium, free from inner involvement in planned desireful activities, unless he has renounced identification with his ego and its unsatisfiable lust for the fruits of actions.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
Lustful quotes about society and humanity
These are some lustful quotes that help to find and resolve lust issues in society.
31. “The lust to meet authors ranks low, I think, on the roll of holy appetites; but it is an authentic pang.” — John Updike
32. “Love grows. Lust wastes by Enjoyment, and the Reason is, that one spring from an Union of Souls, and the other from a Union of Sense.” — William Penn
33. “The flesh endures the storms of the present alone; the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present. Gluttony is a lust of the mind.” — Unknown
34. “Vampires and teens have a lot in common. Teens have surging hormones, vampires have surging blood lust. Teenagers think they’re immortal.” — P. C. Cast
35. “I am a hopeless romantic who falls in lust and gets in trouble. I love my work and am very productive, yet I always find time to play.” — Maksim Chmerkovskiy
36. “All human states are organic brain states – happiness, sadness, fear, lust, dreaming, doing math problems and writing novels – and our brains are not static.” — Siri Hustvedt
37. “Lust is what keeps you wanting to do it even when you have no desire to be with each other. Love is what makes you want to be with each other even when you have no desire to do it.” — Judith Viorst
38. “Revenge, lust, ambition, pride, and self-will are too often exalted as the gods of man’s idolatry; while holiness, peace, contentment, and humility are viewed as unworthy of a serious thought.” — Charles Spurgeon
39. “My theory is that the way you cope with the depths will ascertain the heights that you reach – they are intimately connected – and if you have a lust for life, you are also going to have a lust for death.” — Sebastian Horsley
40. “There’s a difference between lust and passionate love. Lust can’t just creep in. You’ll not find it where true love exists, but it has power enough to shatter the world you’ve worked so hard to create with love, and sometimes, it suddenly changes how you perceived love to begin with. Love then doesn’t live there anymore.” — Jennifer Winget
Lustful quotes about what it is and relationships
Here are some more lustful quotes that you would love to read.
41. “Hope will lie to you, but lust is what it is; it never lies.” — Laurell K. Hamilton
42. “Of the seven deadly sins, lust is definitely the pick of the litter.” — Tom Robbins
43. “Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst.” — Frederick Buechner
44. “Throw out the fun-killers that you carry about with yourselves all the time. Three of them are lust, greed, and hatred.” — Dada Vaswani
45. “Food is a great literary theme. Food in eternity, food and sex, food and lust. Food is a part of the whole of life. Food is not separate.” — Jim Harrison
46. “I believe in lust at first sight; I don’t know about love. For me, I think it takes more than a glance. But who knows? Maybe it’ll happen.” — Ashley Roberts
47. “Lust is the devil’s counterfeit for love. There is nothing more beautiful on earth than pure love and there is nothing so blighting as lust.” — Dwight L. Moody
48. “He who truly believes that which prompts him to an action has looked upon the action to lust after it, he has committed it already in his heart.” — William Kingdon Clifford
49. “The most violent appetites in all creatures are lust and hunger; the first is a perpetual call upon them to propagate their kind, the latter to preserve themselves.” — Joseph Addison
50. “Medieval alchemists, despite their lust for gold, considered mercury the most potent and poetic substance in the universe. As a child, I would have agreed with them.” — Sam Kean
Which one of these lustful quotes is your favorite?
Reading to this point, you have witnessed some quotes, basic definitions, and consequences of this powerful emotion.
Lust is like a double-edged sword; you must be careful while handling it.
These quotes are the best attempt to make you think and know more about lust, so you can set your guard accordingly.
If you want to dive headfirst into Lust (the TV show), check out this synopsis!
Lust is difficult to handle but not impossible, and you can do it with strong willpower.
Tell us which one of the above quotes is your favorite and why in the comment section, and try hard to grow in life by setting higher goals backed up by solid hard work.
December 22, 2022 8:00 AM EST