Luxury refers to something expensive, elegant, comfortable, and high-end, and these luxury quotes will have you appreciating the finer things.
We can apply the term to individual items and also to experiences.
It’s often used to describe things that are not necessities but that are enjoyed for their extravagance.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Tell us your favorite luxury quote in the comments section below!
The benefits of reading luxury quotes
The concept of luxury has evolved.
It can refer to things like high-end fashion, jewelry, cars, homes, and travel.
But it can also refer to quality time with yourself or loved ones, food and drink, and simple pleasures.
Historically, luxury has been associated with wealth and status, and for many, it represents a symbol of success and achievement.
Luxury items and experiences often satisfy people’s desire for exclusivity, quality, and comfort.
But the definition of luxury is increasingly becoming more personal.
Those who do not have extensive wealth or status can also experience exclusivity and comfort in their everyday lives in ways that are meaningful to them.
Some define being self-employed or working from home as a luxury.
Others describe luxury as having more free time for hobbies and personal pursuits.
Reading about luxury can provide several benefits, including:
- Inspiration and ideas about what luxury means to you and how to enhance the luxury in your own life
- Exposure to different cultures and an increased understanding of what luxury means to people in different parts of the world
- Appreciation of craftsmanship and quality
Overall, reading about luxury can broaden your horizons, stimulate your imagination, and provide you with new perspectives and insights.
It’s important to remember that luxury is subjective.
What may be a luxury for one person may not be for another.
And that’s one beautiful quality of luxury; it’s not one-size-fits-all.
So enjoy these quotes about luxury that will help you identify the luxurious aspects of your own life!
Luxury quotes on time
Some say time is the greatest luxury, and these luxury quotes on time might prove true!
1. “In today’s life, luxury is time and space.” — Harmon Okinyo
2. “The future is the most expensive luxury in the world.” — Thornton Wilder
3. “Time and silence are the most luxurious things today.” — Tom Ford
4. “Contemplation is a luxury, requiring time and alternatives.” — Tahir Shah
5. “I think the older I get, the more I realize that the ultimate luxury is time.” — Michael Kors
6. “Three ingredients of luxury lifestyle design are time, income and mobility.” — Tim Ferriss
7. “The real luxury travel of the modern age is not through space; it’s through time.” — Nancy Gibbs
8. “The ultimate of being successful is the luxury of giving yourself the time to do what you want to do.” — Leontyne Price
9. “I don’t have the luxury of time to be unhappy. I have too much to do. I have too much do accomplish. Who has the time to be unhappy?” — Frederick Lenz
10. “True luxury is being able to own your time—to be able to take a walk, sit on your porch, read the paper, not take the call, not be compelled by obligation.” — Ashton Kutcher
Luxury quotes for Instagram
Share these short luxury quotes for Instagram with friends!
11. “Offline is the new luxury.” — Unknown
12. “Luxury is a state of mind.” — L’Wren Scott
13. “Luxury is possible to buy. Good taste is not.” — Diego Della Valle
14. “I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity.” — Jil Sander
15. “When you dance you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” — Paulo Coelho
16. “The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.” — Charlie Chaplin
17. “It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution.” — Sheryl Sandberg
18. “I believe that style is the only real luxury that is really desirable.” — Giorgio Armani
19. “Luxury is the balance of design, in the sense of beauty and highest quality.” — Domenico de Sole
20. “Luxury lives in the finer details. It’s a cloth napkin at a dinner table. It’s a mint on your pillow before bed.” — Iggy Azalea
Quotes on luxury and necessity
These quotes on luxury and necessity will make you think about luxury differently.
21. “Art is not a luxury, but a necessity.” — Rebecca West
22. “Men aren’t necessities. They’re luxuries.” — Cher
23. “Luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends.” — Unknown
24. “A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.” — Henry Ward Beecher
25. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” — Edward Abbey
26. “Let me be surrounded by luxury, I can do without the necessities!” — Oscar Wilde
27. “Give us the luxuries of life, and we will dispense with its necessities.” — John Lothrop Motley
28. “What one generation sees as a luxury, the next sees as a necessity.” — Anthony Crosland
29. “Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
30. “Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.” — Dorothy Parker
Short luxury quotes
Enjoy these short, poignant luxury quotes.
31. “Sleep is such a luxury.” — Robin Sikarwar
32. “Luxury is in each detail.” — Hubert de Givenchy
33. “Books are my one luxury.” — Stella Vine
34.“It is a luxury to be understood.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “The greatest luxury is being free.” — Manolo Blahnik
36. “Luxury is to have a job you can enjoy.” — Till Reiter
37. “Happy endings are a luxury of fiction.” — Trudi Canavan
38.“Morality is a private and costly luxury.” — Henry Adams
39. “I give myself the luxury of saying what I want.” — José Mujica
40. “Pleasure is, after all, a luxury. It’s love that’s essential.” — John Dufresne
Wise and inspirational luxury quotes
Get inspired with these wise and inspirational luxury quotes!
41. “In the luxury business, you have to build on heritage.” — Bernard Arnault
42. “Luxury must be comfortable. Otherwise it is not luxury.” — Unknown
43. “Luxury means to live free of conventions and expectations.” — Anton Wolfgang Count Faber-Castell
44. “Any luxury too easily obtained is probably not a luxury at all.” — Saskia Havekes
45. “If you want to be rich, don’t allow yourself the luxury of excuses.” — Robert T. Kiyosaki
46. “A true luxury is a reward for investing in and developing a real asset.” — Robert T. Kiyosaki
47. “Luxury is attention to detail, originality, exclusivity and above all quality.” — Angelo Bonati
48. “Luxury lies not in the richness of things, but in the absence of vulgarity.” — Unknown
49. “Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between success and failure.” — Edsger Dijkstra
50. “Luxury is feeling unrushed. It is designing a life that allows you to do what you want with high leverage, with many options, all while feeling unrushed.” — Tim Ferriss
The best luxuries are the simplest ones
You’ve heard the saying, “The best things in life are free,” and most people would agree that’s true.
Many times it’s the simple luxuries that mean the most to us, and we don’t even realize it.
Small, everyday items or experiences bring us large amounts of comfort and joy; things like:
- A hot shower
- Sleeping in
- Fresh flowers
- A morning cup of coffee or tea
- A walk in nature
These simple luxuries require little money but can increase your life’s happiness.
Today, take time to enjoy life’s simple luxuries, and for a moment, you might feel like the richest person in the world.
Tell us your favorite luxury quote in the comments section!
If you enjoyed reading these quotes about luxury, please click the share button for others to enjoy them, too!