As the title suggests, this article offers the best nanny quotes.
We have carefully selected these quotes to offer you the best possible experience.
In addition to these quotes, we have also discussed the duties of a nanny and how to hire one.
So, if interested, please continue reading!
Who is a Nanny?
A nanny is a person who serves as a professional caregiver.
A nanny is hired to offer individual care, usually for the kids.
There is an array of duties that a nanny is supposed to perform.
For instance, a nanny offers supervision, basic care, or education of the children at home.
Contrary to daycare providers or babysitters, nannies work in close collaboration with the family.
This allows a nanny to offer tailored care that meets the preferred needs of the kids and their parents.
Why Hire a Nanny
There are various reasons why people hire a nanny.
A few of them include the following:
- Nanny offers customized, personalized care for the kids.
- Provides individual attention for each child.
- Ensures a comfortable and safe environment for the children.
- Suitable for parents with a busy schedule.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Nanny
When hiring a nanny, don’t forget to consider the following aspects:
Know your Needs
Before starting your search for a nanny, make sure to determine whether you need one.
For this purpose, you must consider your schedule and what issues your kids might face if left unattended.
On the other hand, also keep in mind your kids’ budget and ages, and requirements.
Look for a Potential Candidate
To search for potential candidates, you can utilize a variety of resources.
For instance, seek referrals from your family members or friends.
You can also post the ad on online platforms or contact nanny agencies.
Check References and Background
When you have shortlisted a couple of candidates, the next step is to check their references.
In addition, you also need to check a nanny’s background to ensure your children’s safety.
For this purpose, you can contact previous employers and learn about the professionalism of a particular nanny.
Conducting thorough background is essential as you can’t leave your kids with a person who isn’t reliable or trustworthy.
For instance, you can check for criminal background, employer reviews, or driving records.
Top 10 Nanny Quotes
Now, let’s check out the top 10 nanny quotes.
1. “I certainly didn’t have a nanny.” — Laura Linney
2. “I pay our nanny more than I’m earning.” — Rupert Penry-Jones
3. “I have never had a nanny with any of my children.” — Kyle Richards
4. “You’ve got to love a movie where a witch is your nanny.” — Robert Eggers
5. “I’d lose my mind if I heard my kid call the nanny Mommy.” — Toni Braxton
6. “The role of the TV at the core of the family is that of an electric nanny.” — Pedro Reyes
7. “Being a nanny is about being part of a child`s growth and development.” — Kristin Laubenthal
8. “A loving, giving granny-nanny helps raise a loving, giving grandchildren.” — Lois Young-Tulin
9. “I loved my nanny very much, but she was never a replacement for my mom in any way.” — Virginia Williams
10. “A nanny, by being the child’s doughty defender, may put sensitive noses out of joint.” — Jacob Rees-Mogg
Nanny Quotes on Having a Nanny
Read on to find out who has or had a nanny, whether for a few hours a week or full-time.
11. “I had two children. I had a nanny to manage my kids.” — Leslie Caron
12. “I’ll tell you how I balance family and career. I have a nanny.” — Ali Wong
13. “We have a part-time nanny who does a few afternoons a week. We have a nursery.” — Katherine Kelly
14. “My mom raised me to be clean, so it’s in my nature. I have two little girls, and I’m married, but we’ve got a nanny and a maid.” — Vanilla Ice
15. “I’m fortunate to have a team of people who help me. I’ve got an assistant, an office manager, a nanny – she’s not full-time, but she’s there when I need her.” — Marcia Gay Harden
16. “I have a great husband, great parents, and in-laws, and I have help with a nanny. It’s not easy, but there are others who do it every day and don’t have a high-profile job as I do.” — Marlee Matlin
17. “My parents would dress us in traditional Vietnamese clothing to go to school for heritage day. We have a Vietnamese nanny that my parents wanted us to have so we could stay in touch and know where we came from.” — Lana Condor
18. “A lot of the time, I had a nanny. But I never felt like I didn’t come first. Mum always made time to be a mother. On weekends she would sit down next to me, hold my hand, or sit me on her lap and make me talk about my week. She would continuously try to get to know me.” — Chloe Madeley
19. “I cannot step into any day without help. I have a fantastically engaged husband who is very present for his children and our family life. We’ve got a brilliant nanny and other help from parents-in-law, godparents, and friends. Also, I’ve had incredible women around me in the business.” — Tamsin Greig
20. “We have a nanny in the house, but there are always times when one of my kids does something bad or wrong, and they’ll listen to me more than they do the nanny. So I think it’s important to set up that boundary of respect for them at a young age, so they will know, ‘I better listen to Mommy.’” — Britney Spears
To Be a Nanny Quotes
Explore what it takes to be a great nanny through these inspiring and insightful quotes, from the unique qualities and skills required to the daily joys and challenges of the job.
21. “I’ve been a nanny; I’ve helped raise kids.” — Tayshia Adams
22. “I used to babysit a lot, and I used to be a nanny.” — Moira Kelly
23. “I never wanted Mary Poppins to be my nanny. I wanted to be her when I grew up.” — Anita Diament
24. “Temping is the worst. I would rather starve and be homeless than nanny or temp again.” — Nikki Glaser
25. “My grandmother was a nanny for an Orthodox Jewish family, and she would come home and tell us about that.” — Milana Vayntrub
26. “Before I was in Girls Aloud, I wanted to be a nanny. But then Girls Aloud started, and that ruined that dream!” — Nadine Coyle
27. “I used to be a nanny, and the kids used to laugh at me when I’d say, ‘Shall we paint something?’ They just wanted to go on their iPads.” — Natasia Demetriou
28. “I think something that really shocked me as a nanny were parents who sort of assumed the worst from the get-go. People who didn’t accept the benefit of the doubt.” — Emma McLaughlin
29. “My methods are all because of my experiences as a nanny. Parents have asked, ‘How do you have an understanding of this when you have no children?’ Maybe I just do, and that’s how it is. It all comes from my personality and what I believe in.” — Jo Frost
30. “I went to university in Leeds, and I graduated in 2016 and moved to London with the intention of applying to drama school. I was living at my friend’s house; then, I was working as a live-in nanny for a couple of months because I had nowhere else to live.” — Emma Mackey
Nanny Quotes Celebrating Their Contributions
It’s wonderful that people value and frequently acknowledge the contributions of nannies in their lives. Here are some touching quotes on the subject.
31. “Thanks to nanny, I’ve got a deep understanding of Russian tales.” — Modest Mussorgsky
32. “As a single mum, I have to work, so I’m grateful to have the help of a wonderful and trusted nanny like I had when I was young.” — Minnie Driver
33. “For my brother and I, Maureen was a key figure in our life. When we were little, we were probably closer to our nanny than to our parents.” — Caroline, Princess of Hanover
34. “When it time to go off to work, or work out, I have a great support system: a great nanny and friends who offer to help out whenever they can.” — Christina Milian
35. “My father worked, and my mother played bridge. Every time I went out of the house, I was chauffeur-driven with my nanny next to me to stop me being kidnapped.” — J. G. Ballard
36. “I had people in my life who didn’t give up on me: my mother, my aunt, my science teacher. I had one-on-one speech therapy. I had a nanny who spent all day playing turn-taking games with me.” — Temple Grandin
37. “I feel like I have an amazing support team, between my husband and my nanny and my parents, who are very involved with my kids. I also have an incredible creative team with my manager, agent, and publicist.” — Melora Hardin
38. “My first taste memory is of our nanny in South Africa making white bread sandwiches with salad cream, which was potato mashed with a cheap mayonnaise thing with bits of – I suppose – pickled cucumber. I absolutely loved them.” — Prue Leith
39. “As a little boy of 3 or 4, I became lame. Something was wrong with my right leg. There are pictures of me being pulled around in a little wagon. The doctors didn’t know what to do. So my nanny took me to the miraculous Madonna at Sacro Monte in Varese, the priest blessed me, and I walked.” — Gian Carlo Menotti
40. “I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus until I met my nanny, who helped me through a failing marriage and raising my two boys in a New York City apartment. She showed me by example what it was like to be able to talk to Jesus and bring all my cares and worries to Him. That was in 1990.” — Kim Alexis
More Nanny Quotes and Sayings
Many of the moms aren’t keen on hiring a nanny. The following quotes illustrate how they would prefer to employ the services of a nanny.
41. “There was no way I was going to have a baby and hand him over to a nanny.” — Sara Davies
42. “I want to raise my own baby. I don’t want my baby crying for some other strange lady, some nanny. I am not down with that.” — Tionne Watkins
43. “Having children is a huge responsibility, and I just don’t want to hand them off to a nanny or my mom to take care of them.” — Thalia
44. “So much were we together that Nanny became almost a part of me. Consequently, it was my occasional encounters with my parents that stand out as the events of the day.” — Christopher Robin Milne
45. “I definitely don’t want to have kids. I don’t think I’d be a great mother. I don’t want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don’t have the time to raise a child.” — Chelsea Handler
46. “I would get fit after having each of my children, but it was always slightly tainted with guilt because I would feel guilty if they were with a nanny or at the nursery while I was working out.” — Sara Cox
47. “I really wanted to be a mom. I didn’t want my kids to be raised by a nanny, which would have been the case if I were working two movies in a year, you know? And I would have been hospitalized with fatigue.” — Robin Wright
48. “My two sisters and I had a very nice nanny at home in Morocco until I was 13. I remember my parents saying how she had insinuated herself into our family. They knew she would suffer when we broke away from her.” — Leila Slimani
49. “But for me, I knew that if I had a baby, I would have to take care of that baby, and I wouldn’t have been happy with a nanny taking care of my baby and walking into the room and having my child run across the room to another woman.” — Stevie Nicks
50. “My mum had four kids on her own, so if I had one kid with one nanny and not a full-time job, it would be a joke. And I think the impossible happens when you leave your kids. I’ve seen so many nannies in the park on their phones, and the kids are running off.” — Abbey Clancy
Which of these Nanny Quotes is your Favorite?
No doubt, a nanny offers the best possible care to children within the comfort of their homes.
This is why we have created a list of the best nanny quotes.
These quotes can bring back memories of your childhood.
Hence, sharing these nanny quotes would be a great idea.
If you have found your favorite nanny quote, do share it with us.
You can do this by commenting in the section below.
We would love to hear from you.