Take a look at these Oswald Chambers quotes to learn more about a man who was faithful and impactful for the Kingdom of God.
Oswald Chambers was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, in 1874 and passed away at the young age of 43 when he died in Cairo, Egypt, in 1917.
Chambers was born into a strong Christian family as his dad, Clarence, was a Baptist evangelist who later became the Traveling Secretary of the Baptist Total Abstinence Association.
Much like his father, Oswald was an evangelist from a young age and spent time evangelizing to the poor population living in local lodging homes.
Oswald then went to college, then seminary school, and quickly became a professor at the theological seminary called Dunoon College.
He later became a chaplain for the YMCA, but he will be remembered for his lifetime of evangelism and his daily devotional called My Utmost for His Highest.
Take a look at these Oswald Chambers quotes to learn more about this man who truly loved God and people.
Best Oswald Chambers Quotes
Here are some of the greatest quotes from Oswald Chambers.
1. “Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life.” — Oswald Chambers
2. “Beware of anything that stops the offering up of prayer.” — Oswald Chambers
3. “We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.” — Oswald Chambers
4. “When it is a question of God’s almighty Spirit, never say, ‘I can’t.’” — Oswald Chambers
5. “Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” — Oswald Chambers
6. “The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ.” — Oswald Chambers
7. “Don’t forget to pray today because God did not forget to wake you up this morning.” — Oswald Chambers
8. “Doubt is not always a sign that a man is wrong; it may be a sign that he is thinking.” — Oswald Chambers
9. “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense.” — Oswald Chambers
10. “Spiritual maturity is not reached by the passing of the years, but by obedience to the will of God.” — Oswald Chambers
Oswald Chambers Quotes About Faith
As a devoted Christian evangelist, Oswald Chambers had much to say about God and Faith.
11. “Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.” — Oswald Chambers
12. “Faith means whether I am visibly delivered or not, I will stick to my belief that God is love.” — Oswald Chambers
13. “Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.” — Oswald Chambers
14. “The great thing about faith in God is that it keeps a man undisturbed in the midst of disturbance.” — Oswald Chambers
15. “We pray when there’s nothing else we can do; Jesus wants us to pray before we do anything at all.” — Oswald Chambers
16. “If through a broken heart, God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.” — Oswald Chambers
17. “If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a number of experiences that are not meant for you personally at all.” — Oswald Chambers
Encouraging Oswald Chambers
As you read these quotes from Chambers, allow them to encourage you.
18. “The golden rule for understanding spiritually is not intellect, but obedience.” — Oswald Chambers
19. “If you will give God your right to yourself, He will make a holy experiment out of you – and His experiments always succeed.” — Oswald Chambers
20. “I have learnt that I am me, that I can do the things that, as one might put it, me can do, but I cannot do the things that me would like to do.” — Oswald Chambers
21. “The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.” — Oswald Chambers
22. “The things that happen either make us evil, or they make us more saintly, depending entirely on our relationship with God and its level of intimacy.” — Oswald Chambers
23. “If in preaching the gospel you substitute your knowledge of the way of salvation for confidence in the power of the gospel, you hinder people from getting to reality.” — Oswald Chambers
24. “The author who benefits you most is not the one who tells you something you did not know before, but the one who gives expression to the truth that has been dumbly struggling in you for utterance.” — Oswald Chambers
25. “The most important aspect of Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the surrounding influence and qualities produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to give our attention to, and it is the one thing that is continually under attack.“ — Oswald Chambers
Oswald Chambers’ Personal Life
Chambers married Gertrude Hobbs in 1910, and they had one child together named Kathleen.
His love for others was shown in his death when stricken with appendicitis, he refused to take a hospital bed as he felt the soldiers in the Third Battle of Gaza would need the bed.
His works have been transcribed into thirty books so that his work lives on today.
Please share these Oswald Chambers quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
There isn’t necessarily only one right path for each individual, as many roads may lead to the same destination.
Are you looking to transform your life? If yes, these daily affirmations are perfect for you. Use them to drive positive change in your life.
Confused or wondering about what to do next in life? These five steps can help you on your way to figuring out your next steps.
Explore five challenging facts of life that can be incredibly difficult for you to accept, gaining valuable insights and perspectives in the process from the linked article.
Check out these related quote articles:
These spiritual quotes will help you develop a stronger connection to everything inside and outside of you.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.
Discover this treasure trove of motivational quotes to ignite your inner fire and propel you toward greatness.
Angels guard and protect us, communicate God’s message, watch over us, and are involved in our lives in many other ways.