Make the most of any anger you may feel with our pissed-off quotes.
Some people associate anger with negativity, but not all anger is destructive.
Sometimes getting pissed off is a necessary step on our journey.
What does it mean to be pissed off?
Simply put, being pissed off means feeling angry.
Anger has its role as one of our basic emotions.
Anger is a tool that helps us respond to upsetting situations.
Multiple researchers have found that anger:
- Leads to creativity.
- Increases optimism.
- Improves performance.
Researchers have also found that anger can lead to more successful negotiations in our careers or life.
Unmanaged anger can lead to destruction, but mindfully harnessed anger can constructively fuel us.
Where does pissed off originate?
The origin of the phrase “pissed off” has a fascinating history.
While verbalizing anger as being pissed off is a very American expression, the phrase originated hundreds of years ago in England.
In the 1300s, the English adopted the term piss from the Anglo-Norman word pisser, a verb to describe urinating.
By 1968, to piss off took a different meaning in England; people used it to tell someone to go away or leave.
In the United States, the term pissed off has been commonly used since the seventies.
American military members used the word to describe being upset or drunk; A person could be pissed off and angry or pissy and drunk.
Sometimes we need to get pissed off to accomplish certain things.
Check out our excellent selection of pissed-off quotes below if you are interested in more pissed-off content.
Top 10 pissed-off quotes
These quotes get right to the point concerning anger.
1. “Being pissed off gets old. I’m on a whole new Fuck It level.” — Vipul Singh
2. “You don’t have to justify everything. Being pissed off is just absolutely okay.” — Tori Amos
3. “If you’re not pissed off with the World, you’re just not paying attention.” — Kasey Chambers
4. “The good news is that Jesus is coming back. The bad news is that he’s really pissed off.” — Bob Hope
5. “If no one is pissed off with you, then you are dead, but just haven’t figured it out yet.” ― Tom Peters
6. “I started off in a great mood today. Then, people started coming along and pissing me off.” — Anonymous
7. “You’re just pissed off. And when you’re pissed off, you lash out.” ― Dennis Lehane, Moonlight Mile
8. “Hate is baggage. Life’s too short to be pissed off all the time. It’s just not worth it.” — Edward Furlong
9. “I am pissed off at your insensitive inability to understand why I’m pissed off in the first place.” — Ai Yazawa
10. “She thought I was soulful, by which I think she means that I don’t say much, and I always look vaguely pissed off.” — Nick Hornby
You will also enjoy our article on annoyed quotes.
Pissed-off women quotes
Some have said that there is no wrath like that of a woman scorned.
11. “Nobody texts faster than a pissed—off female.” — Anonymous
12. “Never underestimate the power of an extremely pissed-off woman.” — Anonymous
13. “You don’t have to justify everything. Being pissed off is just absolutely okay.” — Tori Amos
14. “We’re women. We don’t say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don’t get it.” — Anonymous
15. “Just because a girl is pissed off doesn’t mean that she is on her period. You might just be a complete jerk.” — Anonymous
16. “Most men don’t seem to get that telling a pissed—off woman to calm down is like throwing gunpowder on a fire.” — Lisa Kleypas
17. “Be as pissed off as you want to be. Don’t hold back because you think it’s unladylike or some such nonsense.” — Jessica Valenti
18. “For your information, I am not overreacting. I’m reacting. That’s different. It’s important to react when you’re pissed off.” — Cherie Currie
19. “Most men don’t seem to get that telling a pissed—off woman to calm down is like throwing gunpowder on fire.” — Lisa Kleypas, Sugar Daddy
20. “You can become a bitter loner who goes through life being pissed off at the world; you can fester with rage until one day, you murder your classmates. Or, you can find another outlet for your love, where it will be appreciated and maybe even returned.” — Jodee Blanco
Pissed-off quotes about anger
Here are some quotes about channeling anger.
21. “As long as there are kids who are pissed off and have no real way in venting out that anger, heavy metal will live on.” — Ozzy Osbourne
22. “I am circumcised, and I tell you something, I despise it. I despise it. I despise it. I am completely pissed off that I’m circumcised.” — Howard Stern
23. “We’re raising an entire generation of dumb, pissed-off kids who know where the handguns are kept. This is not a good recipe for a happy future.” — Scott Adams
24. I don’t want to be in everyone’s face. I’m a big music fan, and I get really pissed off when it gets like that, and I don’t want people to get like that with me. — Adele
25. “I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed-off people live in one place and get it over with.” — Denis Leary
26. “I like a good old—fashioned fistfight if people are pissed off at each other. I just feel like if you’re really mad and want to have a fight, then put your dukes up.” — Julia Roberts
27. “For me, it was more like being abducted from my bed by a clown, thrust into a circus arena with a wicker chair, and told to tame a pissed—off lion in front of an expectant crowd.” — Hannah Kent
28. “The folks who go after grand challenges are impatient. They’re pissed off. They’re sick and tired but in a passionate way. They’re driven by a fire in their bellies to make a difference.” — Peter Diamandis
29. “We’ve all been raised on television to believe that, one day, we’d all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.” — Chuck Palahniuk
30. “Anyplace of work where you have a cross-section of work, you have a mini—ecosystem. A little representation of what the planet is. You have the Alpha Dog. You have the young ones, the old ones. The pissed-off one. The quiet one.” — Ryan Reynolds
Pissed-off quotes and sayings
Being pissed off can motivate us or keep us stuck. The choice is ours.
31. “Those guards are going to be all sorts of pissed when they find out they’ve been following a bunny rabbit.” ― H.M. Ward, Catalyst
32. “Each book needs a good beginning and a good ending. People get pissed off when you don’t close things off properly at the end.” — Patrick Rothfuss
33. “For those who say being pissed off is better than being pissed on, remember I can always take a shower. I can’t clean off my anger that easy.” — Anonymous
34. “Your subservience makes me uncomfortable.” That pissed me off. “Then you shouldn’t pay people to do things for you. End of story.” ― Erin McCarthy, Live for Me
35. “What was that all about? She looked like a pissed-off Siberian tiger.” “Believe me, Prit, a Siberian tiger is a pussycat compared to Lucia.” ― Manel Loureiro, Apocalipsis Z
36. “He’s the one flirting, which is bugging her, and that’s why I’m pissed off. She’s trying to eat her fries, and he’s interrupting. Simon chuckled.” ― Kelley Armstrong, Belonging
37. “Most of the time, I don’t know whether to fight you, spank you or screw you. You make me crazy, and you don’t listen to me, which pisses me off.” ― A.P. Jensen, Unmemorable
38. “It’s important that you all agree on what the parameters are and what you can accomplish — and not get pissed off or beat yourself up for what you can’t accomplish.” — Bette Midler
39. “The snow was knee—deep, my leg hurt, and my sweats were soaked, but I was hopped up on painkillers and a huge dose of pissed off, so I didn’t care.” ― Barbra Annino, Opal Fire
40. “When you’re pissed off at someone, and you’re angry at them, you just haven’t given them enough time. Just give them a little more time, and they almost always will impress you.” — Randy Pausch
Angry, pissed-off quotes
We can harness anger in beneficial ways.
42. “Piss me off, and I will piss you off; treat me nice, and I will do the same.” — Anonymous
41. “I was pissed off about a lot of things, so much shitty rock ‘n’ roll that angered me.” — Jon Spencer
44. “I can be all pissed off at the oppression of the state, but what does that really mean? Well, it’s the tacit consent of a public.” — Cecily McMillan
45. “You know, that’s what to be expected, then I might not get so pissed—off about it, and I’ll just be glad when something nice happens.” — Jesse
43. “I’ll be pissed off, baby, and I’ll make you work for it. But I love you enough to get over it and take you back. I promise you that.” — Kristen Ashley
46. “I get pissed off. I simply do not understand someone who hits a ball that lands behind a tree and can look at it and say, ‘Well, that’s golf.’” — Simon Hobday
47. “When we get out of this, I’m gonna shove my fist right into your ass, hard and fast Not in the sexual way! In the I am pissed off sort of way.” — Danny DeVito
49. “I really try to be aware of the purpose of each song. There are songs on my record that I want people to have sex to, and songs people can listen to when they’re pissed off.” — Nick Jonas
48. “His proximity, that damn smile, just makes me hot in all the right places but also pissed as hell. I don’t know if I should knee him in the balls or hump his leg like a bitch in heat.” — Ghiselle St. James
50. “I’m a bloody damn hell diver with an army of giant, mildly psychotic women behind me and a fleet of state-of-the-art warships crewed by pissed-off pirates, engineers, techs, and former slaves.” — Pierce Brown
Being pissed off can be helpful
Nobody wants to walk around angry all the time.
Some people do, but we know that remaining in a continuous state of anger can harm our well-being.
Sometimes we cannot control the situations that will make us angry.
However, we can control how we respond to angry situations.
Feeling pissed off is a natural occurrence.
However, no one emotion must rule us.
Feeling anger for five minutes and letting it go is healthy.
Holding on to anger for long periods can be harmful
Simple exercises where we close our eyes and ask ourselves questions can help us find the root of our anger.
When we feel upset, it is crucial to take a moment, breathe and ask ourselves what is the root of our anger.
Frequently we find that what is making us upset is not directly related to whatever is fueling the anger felt in the moment.
What is your favorite pissed-off quote?
How do you deal with feeling pissed off?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.