Our latest collection of inspirational wisdom quotes about love on Everyday Power.
Enjoy the read! Love yourself and others…unconditionally!
Wise Quotes About Love And Life
1. “Love, you know, seeks to make happy rather than to be happy.” – Ralph Connor
2. “Hate the sin and love the sinner.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
4. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.” – Robert Louis Balfour Stevenson
5. “When one is truly in love, one not only says it but shows it.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
6. “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Thomas Carlyle
7. “True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
8. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
9. “The mind cannot long act the role of the heart.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
10. “Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.” – Oscar Wilde
11. “The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. Sometimes love blinds us, other times it lets us see.” – George Bernard Shaw
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of true love quotes for the hopeless romantic.
12. “If you have it, Love, you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” – James M. Barrie
You might also like these magical falling in love quotes that prove just how incredible it is to find your special someone.
13. “This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
14. “To be loved for what one is, is the greatest exception. The great majority love in others only what they lend him, their own selves, their version of him.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Don’t forget to also check out these words of wisdom to bring out the best in you.
15. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving.” – Katharine Hepburn
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these karma quotes about what goes around & comes around in our life.
16. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – Bible (1 Corinthians 13:4)
17. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
18. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
You might also like these love quotes for him to help you make your man feel special.
19. “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – H. L. Mencken
20. “You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” – Henry Drummond
Wise Quotes About Love To Bring Back Vitality In Your Life
21. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
22. “Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.” — H. L. Mencken
23. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” James A. Baldwin
24. “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” — Pearl Bailey
25. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” — Joan Crawford
26. “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.” — Victor Hugo
27. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” — Elbert Hubbard
28. “Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.” — William Shakespeare
29. “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
30. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Schwartz
Wise Quotes About Love To Appreciate Our Loved Ones
31. “The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention.” – Richard Warren
32. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
33. “Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life.” – Thomas Merton
34. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” – John Updike
35.“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
36. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
37. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
38. “Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” – Seneca
39. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
40. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
Wise Quotes About Love To Warm Your Heart
41. “We grow in love by choosing to serve, share, listen, forgive, etc. Love grows as we choose to act in love towards others.” ― Gregory Brown
42. “Allow yourself love and when you do you will find love in return. Allow yourself to be happy and when you do you will influence others around you.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
43. “To love means loving the unlovable.” ― G. K. Chesterton
44. “All humans respond to kindness and warmth the same way, regardless of age. Respect begets respect. Love begets love.” ― Lovana Yao
45. “Send a drop of love, And feel a loving embrace. It feels so good to feel like, you are in the right place.” ― Julie Hebert
46. “Love, after all, is part work, part play and all about sustaining your commitment to each other over the many years ahead of you.” ― Sarah Riedel
47. “If you truly love someone, you will desire to make the effort to spend quality time with them to get to know them deeper.” ― Robert Woeger
48. “True love is without pride.” ― Patrick T Gorman
49. “The love and relationship are all about understanding each other and overlooking the different matters, as well as mistakes.” ― Ilene Prat
50. “Love, I would say, is that capacity which enables him to grasp the other human being in his very uniqueness.” ― Victor E. Frankl
Wise Quotes About Love For When You’re in Love
51. “Love is a friendship set to music.” ― Joseph Campbell
52. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” ― Sam Keen
53. “In order to be happy oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” ― Theodor Reik
54. “If you would be loved, love and be lovable.” ― Benjamin Franklin
55. “Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, love protects you from age.” ― Jeanne Moreau
56. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” ― Sarah Dessen
57. “We always believe our first love is our last, and our last love our first.” ― George W. Melville
58. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes
59. “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” ― Erica Baican
60. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” ― Erich Segal
Make sure to also check out these wise sayings about life to expand your understanding.
Take a second to LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE!
September 18, 2022 5:00 AM EST