Be inspired to embrace the beauty of wholesomeness with these Purity quotes.
According to dictionary.com, purity means “the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, or pollutes.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Another way to put purity is something that has not been morally corrupt.
Many things are important to keep pure, but some examples are included below:
- Your body – Your body functions at its best when you treat it right. Avoid putting things in your body that can damage your body or participating in activities that harm the pureness of your body.
- Water – Water is necessary for life. We use it for drinking, bathing, and growing food. We must keep our water pure.
- Air – We breathe the air in this world, and it is important that we keep it clean and pure, or those impurities enter into our bodies
- Intentions – Pure intentions are essential because if we try to live a life of pure intentions, we are helping others and putting our best selves forward.
Take a few minutes to read these Purity quotes to learn more about what it takes to live a pure life.
Profound Purity Quotes
Enjoy these quotes about purity that are deep and thought-provoking.
1. “To the pure, all things are pure.” — Marcel Proust
2. “Rare is the union of beauty and purity.” — Juvenal
3. “Purity is the diamond of the soul.” — Edward Counsel
4. “Purity of heart is to will one thing.” — Soren Kierkegaard
5. “Purity is the power to contemplate defilement.” — Simone Weil
6. “A pure hand needs no glove to cover it.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
7. “Blessed are the pure in heart; for they will see God.” — Matthew 5:8
8. “Purity is the ability to recognize the essential nature of any form.” — Connie Kaplan
9. “The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.” — Richard Moss
10. “When a man makes his thoughts pure, he no longer desires impure food.” — James Allen
Best Purity Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes about purity.
11. “Purity is the gatekeeper for everything precious and blissful in God’s kingdom.” — Eric Ludy
12. “My goal was not joy but purity, not happiness but beauty, and spirituality.” — Hermann Hesse
13. “The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most.” — John Ruskin
14. “Purity prepares the soul for love, and love confirms the soul in purity.” — John Henry Newman
15. “He who loves with purity considers not the gift of the lover, but the love of the giver.” — Thomas A. Kempis
16. “It may be very difficult to keep the virtues of purity, passion, and sacrifice of love in real life.” — Lee Min-ho
17. “The light of love, the purity of grace, the mind, the Music breathing from her face.” — George Gordon Byron
18. “Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.” — Swami Vivekananda
19. “The world gives you so much pain, and here you are making gold out of it – there is nothing purer than that.” — Rupi Kaur
20. “The proof of spiritual maturity is not how pure you are but awareness of your impurity. That very awareness opens the door to grace.” — Phillips Brooks
Purity Quotes About God
God’s Kingdom is pure, as these quotes show.
21. “Man flows at once to God when the channel of purity is open.” — Henry David Thoreau
22.” The way to preserve the peace of the church is to preserve its purity.” — Matthew Henry
23. “Sanctification is the real change in man from the sordidness of sin to the purity of God’s image.” — William Ames
24. “God, who knows our most secret thoughts and who sees all, is witness to the purity of my principles.” — Toussaint Louverture
25. “The thing that brings people to wail at a wall, or face Mecca, or to go to church, is a search for that feeling of purity.” — Michael J. Fox
26. “To be pure, to remain pure, can only come at a price, the price of knowing God and loving him enough to do his will.” — Mother Teresa
27. “As for reputation, though it be a glorious instrument of advancing our Master’s service, yet there is a better than that: a clean heart, a single eye, and a soul full of God.” — John Wesley
28. “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” — James 1:27
29. “A good youth ought to have a fear of God, to be subject to his parents, to give honor to his elders, to preserve his purity; he ought not to despise humility, but should love forbearance and modesty.” — Saint Ambrose
30. “Deep, solemn optimism, it seems to me, should spring from this firm belief in the presence of God in the individual; not a remote, unapproachable governor of the universe, but a God who is very near every one of us, who is present not only in earth, sea and sky, but also in every pure and noble impulse of our hearts.” — Helen Keller
Inspirational Purity Quotes
Take a look at these inspirational purity quotes.
31. “A pure soul is like a fine pearl.” — John Vianney
32. “If heart filled with purity, then mind found the beauty.” — Toba Beta
33. “Simplify and purify. What better way to live your life?” — Tony Curl
34. “The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity.” — Mahatma Gandhi
35. “Purity is a negative state and therefore contrary to nature.” — William Faulkner
36. “Modesty is conscious Purity; Purity is unconscious Modesty.” — Richard Garnett
37. “My strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure.” — Alfred Tennyson
38. “Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation, even so, does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.” — Leonardo da Vinci
39. “But purity is difficult to understand in the abstract … like corruption, we understand purification best when it’s concrete, physical.” — Ashlyn Mooney
40. “There are no better cosmetics than a severe temperance and purity, modesty and humility, a gracious temper and calmness of spirit; and there is no true beauty without the signatures of these graces in the very countenance.” — Arthur Helps
Purity Quotes About The Color White
The color white is commonly used to represent purity and cleanliness.
41. “I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.” — Mae West
42. “Never use pure white; it doesn’t exist in nature.” — Aldro T. Hibbard
43. “White is pure and simple and matches with everything.” — Christian Dior
44. “The white T-shirt is like a blank canvas – eternally versatile.” — Edward Enninful
45. “This world is white no longer, and it will never be white again.” — James A. Baldwin
46. “I call white the most powerful non-color; it’s clean, optimistic, powerful.” — Jason Wu
47. “White is associated with purity because the entire spectrum is functioning in unity.” — Tae Yun Kim
48. “White is ethereal. There’s a purity to it; it makes things look elevated in a way.” — Jonathan Milne
49. “A white cloth falls on your heart; How beautiful you are – The winter loves us because only lovers have a pure heart.” — Kristian Goldmund Aumann
50. “God paints in many colors; but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
How Can I Live More Purely?
Living more purely requires you to plan out your actions before you are in situations so that you will not do something you regret.
Learning the word of God is a great way to learn about ways to live a pure life.
Another way to live in purity is to decide what you want your life to stand for and to follow that path without deviation.
Please share these Purity Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about purity in the comment section below.