Some of the wisest words ever said have come from the minds of those who are still so young. Our latest collection of Rupi Kaur quotes on Everyday Power Blog are full of beauty, wisdom, and inspiration, and you’ll love each and every one of them.
Rupi Kaur is an Indian born Canadian poet, writer, illustrator, and performer who first rose to fame on Instagram and Tumblr (see Tumblr quotes) sharing her short visual poetry.
She is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and illustrator best known for her two collections of poetry – Milk and Honey and The Sun and Her Flowers. “Milk and Honey” is internationally acclaimed and has sold over a million copies. Besides, the remarkable poetry collection spent dozens of weeks on The New York Times’ bestseller lists and has since been translated into over thirty languages.
Born on October 4, 1992, in Punjab, India, Kaur and her parents immigrated to Toronto, Canada when she was a child. She inherited her love of art from her mother and started drawing at the age of five.
Kaur’s work addresses subjects such as feminism, love, domestic abuse, violence and more. Still only in her mid-twenties, Kaur has clearly managed to tap into her Everyday Power.
She has proved to be a great poet and a total success despite her young age. In that respect, here are some thought-provoking Rupi Kaur quotes that will inspire you to love yourself more and live your best life.
Remember to also read our collection of rose quotes that will inspire you and encourage growth in your life.
Rupi Kaur quotes on self-love and life
1. “Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.” ― Rupi Kaur
2. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you” ― Rupi Kaur
3. “You do not just wake up and become the butterfly—growth is a process” ― Rupi Kaur
4. “Trying to convince myself I am allowed to take up space is like writing with my left hand when I was born to use my right” ― Rupi Kaur
5. “You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first” ― Rupi Kaur
6. “A lot of times we are angry at other people for not doing what we should have done for ourselves.” ― Rupi Kaur
7. “We have been dying since we got here and forgot to enjoy the view- live fully” ― Rupi Kaur
8. “Let it go, let it leave, let it happen. Nothing in this world was promised or belonged to you anyway.” ― Rupi Kaur
9. “I thank the universe for taking everything it has taken and giving to me everything it is giving -balance” ― Rupi Kaur
10. “My heart is beating, and I’m breathing, and nothing anybody has ever done has changed that.” – Rupi Kaur
Thought-provoking Rupi Kaur quotes
11. “Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry” ― Rupi Kaur
12. “People go but how they left always stays” ― Rupi Kaur
13. “The world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it – there is nothing purer than that” ― Rupi Kaur
14. “Trust your body it reacts to right and wrong better than your mind does” ― Rupi Kaur
15. “The thing worth holding onto would not have let go” ― Rupi Kaur
16. “Why is it that when the story ends we begin to feel all of it” ― Rupi Kaur
17. “That is the thing about selfish people. They gamble entire beings. Entire souls to please their own.” ― Rupi Kaur
18. “I was music but you had your ears cut off.” ― Rupi Kaur
19. “It isn’t what we left behind that breaks me it’s whatever we could’ve built had we stayed” ― Rupi Kaur
20. “You have sadness living in places sadness shouldn’t live” ― Rupi Kaur
You might also like these inspirational Dorothy Parker quotes to uncover life’s secrets.
Rupi Kaur quotes for Women
21. “I want to apologize to all the women I have called beautiful
before I’ve called them intelligent or brave
I am sorry I made it sound as though
something as simple as what you’re born with
is all you have to be proud of
when you have broken mountains with your wit
from now on I will say things like
you are resilient, or you are extraordinary
not because I don’t think you’re beautiful
but because I need you to know
you are more than that” ― Rupi Kaur
22. “Other women’s bodies are not our battlegrounds” ― Rupi Kaur
23. “My heart aches for sisters more than anything it aches for women helping women like flowers ache for spring” ― Rupi Kaur
24. “She was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her” ― Rupi Kaur
25. “When you are broken and he has left you do not question whether you were enough the problem was you were so enough he was not able to carry it” ― Rupi Kaur
26. “We all move forward when we recognize how resilient and striking the women around us are” ― Rupi Kaur
27. “The next time he points out the hair on your legs is growing back remind that boy your body is not his home he is a guest warn him to never outstep his welcome again”― Rupi Kaur
28. “I could be anything in the world but I wanted to be his”― Rupi Kaur
29. “Growing up, I naturally embraced who I was, but I was always battling with myself. So I spent half my time being proud of being a woman and the other half completely hating it.”- Rupi Kaur
30. “I am made of water, of course, I am emotional” ― Rupi Kaur
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of Rumi quotes on life, love and strength that will inspire you.
Inspirational Rupi Kaur quotes
31. “The kindest words my father said to me: ‘Women like you drown oceans.’”― Rupi Kaur
32. “What is stronger than the human heart which shatters over and over and still lives”― Rupi Kaur
33. “The right one does not stand in your way they make space for you to step forward” ― Rupi Kaur
34. “Despite knowing they won’t be here for long they still choose to live their brightest lives – sunflowers”― Rupi Kaur
35. “Do not bother holding onto that thing that does not want you-you cannot make it stay”― Rupi Kaur
36. “I didn’t leave because I stopped loving you, I left because the longer I stayed the less I loved myself.” ― Rupi Kaur
37. “There is a difference between someone telling you they love you and them actually loving you”― Rupi Kaur
38. “I will no longer compare my path to others-I refuse to do a disservice to my life” ― Rupi Kaur
39. “If I’m not the love of your life I’ll be the greatest loss instead” ― Rupi Kaur
40. “I think I finally overcame my self-esteem and confidence issues at around 20.” – Rupi Kaur
Other beautiful Rupi Kaur quotes
41. “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you”― Rupi Kaur
42. “Truth, honesty, empowerment – it’s what I want for myself and my readers.” – Rupi Kaur
43. “I want to leave behind a literary legacy.” – Rupi Kaur
44. “I did not start out thinking I’m going to become a feminist poet. It was a tag I was given.” – Rupi Kaur
45. “I grew up thinking I was going to change the world, but not because I was treated like a special snowflake. It’s a silly label. People are starving. We need to feed them. That’s the end of the conversation.” – Rupi Kaur
46. “Give to those who have nothing to give to you ” ― Rupi Kaur
47. “We began with honesty let us end in it too – us” ― Rupi Kaur
48. “It isn’t blood that makes you my sister
it’s how you understand my heart
as though you carry it
in your body” ― Rupi Kaur
49. “If you are not enough for yourself you will never be enough for someone else” ― Rupi Kaur
50. “And here you are living despite it all” ― Rupi Kaur
More Rupi Kaur quotes and sayings
51. “If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise.” – Rupi Kaur
52. “We need more love not from men but from ourselves and each other.” – Rupi Kaur
53. “Really, at the end of the day, the only thing you can control is yourself; the only person you can truly educate is yourself. You have to redefine what beauty is to you so you can’t be affected by what people are saying.” – Rupi Kaur
54. “I’m a new person every month always becoming and unbecoming only to become again.” – Rupi Kaur
55. “For if we can’t learn to be kind to each other how will we ever learn to be kind to the most desperate parts of ourselves.” – Rupi Kaur
56. “Life does not stop for anybody it drags you by the legs whether you want to move forward or not that is the gift.” – Rupi Kaur
57. “You have everything to gain from believing in yourself yet you spend all your time with self-doubt.” – Rupi Kaur
58. “Rise said the moon and the new day came the show must go on said the sun life does not stop for anybody it drags you by the legs whether you want to move forward or not.” – Rupi Kaur
59. “Wish pure love and soft peace upon the ones who’ve been unkind to you and keep moving forward.” – Rupi Kaur
60. “Don’t let us convince you that sacrificing yourself is how you must show love.” – Rupi Kaur
Which of these Rupi Kaur quotes was your favorite?
Rupi Kaur has proven to be a great poet and a total success despite her young age.
She has performed her poetry across the world and continues to amaze with her ability to put thoughts into words in the most inspiring ways. Hopefully, these quotes have given you hope and inspired you to celebrate life and to never give up.
Did you enjoy these Rupi Kaur quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
May 5, 2019 6:05 AM EST