50 Cleo Wade Quotes About Love
July 13, 2022 3:05 AM EST
These Cleo Wade quotes about love will inspire you to love yourself and others deeper and live a more meaningful life.
Artist, poet, social media influencer, and best selling author, Cleo Wade uses her platform to spread more love and kindness to the world.
She is known for her best selling book, Heart Talk: Poetic Wisdom for a Better Life, a book used to inspire and motivate people of all ages.
Wade has had several public art installations showcasing her poetry, including a 25-foot love poem in New Orleans titled, Respect, and a permanent work titled, She, which she collaborated with graffiti artist, Brandon Odums, to complete.
We hope you are inspired by this collection of Cleo Wade quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Demi Lovato quotes to inspire you to stay strong.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Cleo Wade quotes from heart talk and other works
1. “Self-love: it costs nothing and you gain everything.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: The acts of self-love themselves cost nothing. Positive-affirmations, positive self-talk, following through on the things you say, and being aware of who you are, just requires a shift in mindset. These changes will open up parts of you that you didn’t know existed, and create more opportunities than you ever thought possible.
You will also enjoy our article on Mad Hatter quotes.
2. “One of the most radical things you could ever do is to decide to really and truly get to know yourself. That’s all.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Be radical, wild, and crazy, and go on the journey of self-discovery. Learn why you think the way you do. Become familiar with why you react the way you do. Understand why you speak to yourself in a certain way. Figure out what you want, who you are, and what you believe. Your life will be transformed.
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
3. “Let go of shame. It will not add a single simple, dollar, or minute to your life.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Shame does not increase the value of your life in anyway. Be accountable for your actions, learn a lesson, and move forward. Do not wallow in shame and get stuck there.
4. “Clean out your thoughts — they have the power to cover your entire life in dirt.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Thoughts are powerful! They lead to our behaviors, actions, and habits. They will eventually become what you believe. Make sure your thoughts are conducive to the life you want to live!
5. “Be the type of love you deserve, if for no other reason but to show us all how it’s done.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: When you love yourself, you just shine brighter. People are attracted to your confidence and energy. It changes your life and your relationship with others, when you truly love yourself.
6. “We give to those around us best when we do not run on empty.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Self-care is not selfish. It is necessary for our own health and well-being. When we are healthy, happy, and less stressed, we can be of more help to the people around us.
Cleo Wade quotes about mindset
7. “When I have really bad anxiety, I have this mantra I say to myself every time: ‘I’m struggling, and this is not you. It is something moving through you.’ I just say it over and over again.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: We are much more than our struggles, but overcoming them helps us grow. Mantras are exceptionally helpful because they help change the way we speak to ourselves. They help keep us in a healthy frame of mind, boost our awareness, and build confidence.
8. “We can’t help what comes up, but we have so much control over how we direct what comes up. If we direct it in a way so it leaves through the door it came in, then we can return to ourselves.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: There are things that will happen that you can’t control. However, any situation which revolves around your work ethic, choices, and attitude you can control! You can also choose how to react to things that do happen.
9. “It’s so important for me to feel calm and steady before I move through [the world].” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Keeping yourself calm and steady can improve the quality of your life. meditation is a great way to stay attuned to your thoughts. If you need to calm down in the moment try taking some deep breaths, close your eyes and count to 10, or smell some calming essential oils like lavender.
10. “I’m the person who needs to make a tea in the morning and just sit with my ideas, skim the news if I want to.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Have a morning routine, regardless of what it looks like! A morning routine is important for several reasons. First, it helps us plan our day and set the vibe. Second, by having a clearer thought process we are better able to control our schedules. Each of these things can help make us more productive in the long run.
11. “Morning rituals are so important because we really harness the energy we want for the rest of the day and replenish and feed ourselves.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Having a morning routine is essential to our productivity levels and our mental well-being. A morning routine helps you prioritize your tasks and get things done. Then you can carry that energy through the rest of the day and stay productive. That feeling of accomplishment will keep you motivated through out the day.
12.“When you have moments to yourself, you can say to yourself, ’I want to work on being more patient. I want to work on being more loving. I want to work on having stronger nonviolent communication with the people who are important to me.’ I think that’s such an amazing time for choosing who you want to be that day.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Every reaction we have is a choice. The words we choose to use (and the tone in which we say them) are also within our control. Taking control over your mindset will help you choose to be happier and more grateful everyday. So, in those moments where it is quiet, take stock of how you are feeling and how you can improve your own day.
13. “Our thoughts become our energy, our energy become our words, our words become our actions.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Everything we do starts out with the thoughts we have and the energy we put out into the world. If our mindset is not in the best place, than we will choose unkind words when speaking to both ourselves and others. Those festering thoughts and unkind words will turn into actions that we might regret. Check out this article for tips on maintaining a positive mindset.
Cleo Wade quotes about love
14. “You are my fish in the sea.” — Cleo Wade
15. “You and me. So complete.” — Cleo Wade
16. “You make me feel all of my feelings.” — Cleo Wade
17. “The perks of being me? Loving you.” — Cleo Wade
18. “I love. I’m a lover. (No apologies there).” — Cleo Wade
19. “Love: the thing that has no fear or anxiety.” — Cleo Wade
20. “You and me. There is nothing like us, huh.” — Cleo Wade
21. “The magic of you overwhelms me. That’s all.” — Cleo Wade
22. “What could be more than us, you and me, a thing so complete.” — Cleo Wade
23. “Baby, you are completely insane and I wouldn’t have it any other way.” — Cleo Wade
24. “Fall in love a little and if you are feeling very brave… fall in love a whole fucking lot.” — Cleo Wade
25. “The mind tells you this river has no bottom, the heart tells you we can put a bridge here.” — Cleo Wade
26. “I am really into your crazy.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: This is such a simple definition of love. Find someone whose crazy appeals to you. Enjoy spending time with people who are uniquely themselves, while complimenting your own quirks. If you are lucky you might just find the person you want to annoy you for the rest of their life!
27. “And if you want love… the really good kind… you are going to have to get your hands dirty.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: In what way do you need to get your hands dirty? Well, that really good kind of love with someone else, starts with loving yourself. And that is not always as easy at it might seem. It can mean a lot of introspection, mindset changes, and processing through trauma. It is worth it though, because learning to love yourself is the best kind of love!
28. “You want to fall in love? Lose your fear. You want to stay in love? Lose your ego.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Being vulnerable can be scary, but without letting go of the fear of being hurt or rejected you will never experience the full power of love. Staying in love, like so many things in life, is a choice. There will be struggles, misunderstandings, and even anger. However, there should also be trust, respect, passion, and happy times. Choosing to love someone despite their flaws, while being mindful of your own, requires you to let go of your ego. It is worth it though. Check out this article about lessons learned from a long marriage.
Inspirational Cleo Wade quotes
29. “Home: the place where your exhale feels best.” — Cleo Wade’
30. “And sometimes you have to be the light you want the ones you love to shine in.” — Cleo Wade
31. “And sometimes you have to be the light you want the ones you love to shin in.” — Cleo Wade
32. “Heartbreak offers us some of our best life lessons if we are open to learning through the pain.” — Cleo Wade
33. “The ego says: “I’m still pissed about yesterday”. The spirit says: “New day, new attitude.” — Cleo Wade
34. “Just a friendly reminder — no one has got it all totally figured out.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: This is the truth. Even those who you might admire for their success or contributions to life are still dealing with their own struggles. They may have things figured out more than most, but there are still things that they can learn and improve.
35. “Don’t be the reason someone feels insecure. Be the reason someone feels seen, heard, and supported by the whole universe.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: How you treat other people is something that is fully within your control. You can learn to listen and understand people who are different from yourself. You have the power to help others, even if that means just letting them know you see them and their struggle. It doesn’t take much to be kind to others, but it can change the world.
Cleo Wade quotes about changing the world
36. “I decided that I would live really deliberately with how I behaved with other people.” — Cleo Wade
37. “Just because you know that you can’t do everything doesn’t mean you can’t do something.” — Cleo Wade
38. “Having hope and belief that we can change the world is where everything starts because when you embody that energy, that’s when we start to see real shifts, even if the shifts are just in conversation.” — Cleo Wade
39. “There’s something you can do every day, whether that just means smiling at your neighbor and really asking them how they’re doing and listening, whether that is the day you wanted to give $20 to this organization or that one or the day you researched and found where you could spend your time, or the day that you apologized to someone and gave them and yourself that healing experience.” — Cleo Wade
40. “Take a step back and remember that changing the world doesn’t just look one way, and it can vary from day to day.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: It is unrealistic to think that one person can change everything that is wrong. However, just because you can not change everything, does mean you are powerless to change something. Even if it is just spreading more kindness into the world. You could volunteer for causes you care about. Chances are you are already impacting the lives of more people than you realize!
More Cleo Wade quotes and sayings
41. “May all of your vibes say: I got this.” — Cleo Wade
42. “There is not a single conversation that kindness cannot make infinitely better.” — Cleo Wade
43. “If you are grateful for where you are, you gotta respect the road that got you there.” — Cleo Wade
44. “Your life experiences are only as valuable as your ability to turn them into life lessons.” — Cleo Wade
45. “And the best news of all is that it is never too late to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.” — Cleo Wade
46. “Don’t let judgment be the thing that keeps you warm at night, compassion will do a much better job at that.” — Cleo Wade
47. “Maybe don’t do things the way you have always done them simply because that is the way you have always done them.” — Cleo Wade
48. “If you want to feel empowered by all of your decisions, you can’t just calculate your risks. You have to fully and totally accept your risks as well.” — Cleo Wade
49. “Greatness comes from applying your work ethic to not only what you do but also to where you live. Your home. Your family. Your community. Your world.” — Cleo Wade
50. “Find your joy and let it run your life.” — Cleo Wade
Everyday Application: Happiness and joy are a choice. You can choose to find joy right where you are this moment. Alive? Be joyful that you have another day to chase your dreams. Loved? There is joy in knowing that there are people who care about you. There is also joy to be found in loving others. When you find joy in what you have and let it run your life you will much closer to winning!
Do you love deliberately?
Cleo Wade is changing the world, one poem at a time.
Through her books, her social media platforms, and her giant works of poetic art, she is inspiring the world to love deeper and more deliberately.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Give out compliments like they’re candy.
Being kind will cost you nothing, but it will mean the world to someone else.
And don’t forget to love yourself while you’re at it.
The best way you can help the world is to help yourself first.
Cleo Wade says it best, “we give to those around us best when we do not run on empty.”
Did you enjoy these Cleo Wade quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.