Dive into a luminous realm and let the wisdom of the sun shine a light on endless possibilities with these solar energy quotes!
According to britannica.com, “Solar Energy is radiation from the sun that is capable of producing heat, causing chemical reactions, or generating electricity.”
The potential of solar energy can produce more energy in one hour than the world uses in one year.
This takes a lot of research and resources to set up the technology and equipment needed to capture this energy, but this option would reduce the reliance on nonrenewable resources.
While the area needed to capture the required amount of solar energy would be the size of the state of California, more and more technology is making equipment more efficient.
Take a look at these quotes on solar energy to learn more about this renewable energy source.
Thought-Provoking Quotes on Solar Energy
Take a minute to read through the quotes that will make you think.
1. “I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power!” — Thomas Edison
2. “Solar power is the last energy resource that isn’t owned yet – nobody taxes the sun yet.” — Bonnie Rait
3. “You can hate the subsidies – I hate the subsidies, too – but you can’t hate solar panels.” — Thomas Massie
4. “On the Earth’s surface, solar power is also handicapped because it is intermittent.” — Franklin Hadley Cocks
5. “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.” — Ralph Nader
6. “The whole idea of the solar project is to do something useful and replace dirty energy with clean energy.” — Nick Kelly
7. “We need to drive the cost of solar energy down to where it’s competitive for bulk power generation.” — Jim Dipeso
8. “Every 24 hours, enough sunlight touches the Earth to provide energy for the entire planet for 24 years.” — Martha Maeda
9. “Solar power is going to be absolutely essential to meeting growing energy demands while staving off climate change.” — Ramez Naam
10. “Solar power, wind power, the way forward is to collaborate with nature – it’s the only way we are going to get to the other end of the 21st century.” — Bjork
Best Sayings About Solar Energy
Here are the best quotes on solar energy.
11. “Solar and wind are infinite.” — Ted Turner
12. “And let’s face it: Solar power is cool.” — Rik Degunther
13. “Solar power is a big idea whose time has come.” — Gabrielle Giffords
14. “Solar energy is bound to be in our future. There’s a kind of inevitability about it.” — Jim Inhofe
15. “There is no reason we cannot lead the planet in manufacturing solar panels and wind turbines.” — Brad Schneider
16. “Like the space program, solar is an idea that can shape our nation in significant and positive ways.” — Gabrielle Giffords
17. “All energy is ultimately derived from the sun, and harvesting it directly through solar power seems to be the best way to transition to renewable energy.” — Peter Rive
18. “I have no doubt that we will be successful in harnessing the sun’s energy. If sunbeams were weapons of war, we would have had solar energy centuries ago.” — George Porter
19. “Scientists will eventually stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity.” — Scott Adams
20. “We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature’s inexhaustible sources of energy – sun, wind, and tide.” — Thomas Edison
Quotes About The Sun
Being the source of solar energy, the sun is very important to the future of electricity.
21. “Sunshine is my quest.” — Winston Churchill
22. “Behind the clouds, the sun is still shining.” — Abraham Lincoln
23. “Some people seemed to get all sunshine, and some all shadow.” — Louisa May Alcott
24. “When all you can feel are the shadows, turn your face towards the sun.” — Helen Keller
25. “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.” — Marty Robbins
26. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” — Max Müller
27. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
29. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” — Jack Ma
30. “The Sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” — Galileo Galilei
Quotes From Elon Musk on Solar Power
As someone known for his expertise in technology, Musk has a lot to say in these quotes on solar energy.
31. “You only need about 100 miles by 100 miles of solar panels to power the entire United States.” — Elon Musk
32. “The solar panels put on that area would typically generate more power than that nuclear power plant.” — Elon Musk
33. “The amount of solar energy received by Earth could power a civilization over 100 times larger than ours!” — Elon Musk
34. “The batteries you need to store the energy, to make sure you have 24/7 power, is 1 mile by 1 mile. One square mile.” — Elon Musk
35. “If you wanted to power the entire U.S. with solar panels, it would take a fairly small corner of Nevada or Texas or Utah.” — Elon Musk
36. “You could power the entire United States with about 150 to 200 square kilometers of solar panels, the entire United States.” — Elon Musk
37. “We have this handy fusion reactor in the sky called the sun; you don’t have to do anything; it just works. It shows up every day.” — Elon Musk
38. “Rooftop solar, utility solar; that’s really going to be a solution from the physics standpoint. I can really see another way to really do it.” — Elon Musk
39. “The primary means of energy generation is going to be solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.” — Elon Musk
40. “We’ll need to be a combination of utility-scale solar and rooftop solar, combined with wind, geothermal, hydro, probably some nuclear for a while, in order to transition to a sustainable situation.” — Elon Musk
More Quotes About the Usefulness of Solar Energy
Enjoy some more quotes about solar energy and its benefits.
41. “Solar energy is safe from terrorist attacks.” — Jim Ollhoff
42. “The beauty of solar power is that it offers an elegant solution to all three of these challenges.” — Gabrielle Giffords
43. “Literally, we have useful energy pouring out of the sky, and nowhere does it rain sunshine with greater intensity and consistency than in the American southwest.” — Gabrielle Giffords
44. “The sun–that power plant in the sky–bathes Earth in ample energy to fulfill all the world’s power needs many times over. It doesn’t give off carbon dioxide emissions.” — Susannah Locke
45. “For every family in liberal San Francisco that went solar with SunRun in 2010, nearly eight families in more conservative Fresno made the switch to our solar power service.” — Lynn Jurich
46. “The use of solar energy offers huge potential for natural resource and climate protection, and for the expansion of renewable energies on the road to a future-oriented energy supply.” — Margareta Wolf
47. “Because we are now running out of gas and oil, we must prepare quickly for a third change, to strict conservation and to the use of coal and permanent renewable energy sources, like solar power.” — Jimmy Carter
48. “It’s not that utilities oppose solar power, per se–many are investing in large-scale solar projects, but many utilities are opposed to customers generating their own electricity and selling it to the grid.” — Jeremy Deaton
49. “Clearly, we need more incentives to quickly increase the use of wind and solar power; they will cut costs, increase our energy independence and our national security, and reduce the consequences of global warming.” — Hillary Clinton
50. “As the technology for solar cells gets better and better, this form of clean, renewable energy will find more applications that take up less space and produce more electricity, to meet the energy needs of our homes, schools, and businesses.” — Samuel Bodman
How is The Technology Currently Used?
Solar energy is used by small solar panels that capture sun energy and can help power a home and even parts of commercial buildings.
Solar energy is also used to heat water for pools, domestic hot water, and homes, just to name a few.
Do you use solar power, or know anyone who does?
Tell us in the comment section!
And please share these quotes with anyone you think might enjoy them!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Responsibility represents a key attribute for men, women, and children, one that is fine-tuned over an extended period of time and tested constantly.
We all dream big, but big dreams take initiative to make happen.
You’ve probably heard the term “cleanse” or “detox” before and might have recently started hearing about the Duck Flower detox.
Nothing can break you once you read these inspirational poems!
Check out these related quote articles:
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.
Learn to fly and soar into the adult you want to be, with these inspirational quotes for kids.
Water, the life-giving elixir that flows through our world, holds a profound symbolism in the human experience.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.