Raymond Reddington Quotes from The Blacklist
April 16, 2023 4:47 AM EST
Enjoy these Raymond Reddington quotes from a criminal mastermind.
Raymond Reddington is the main character in the TV series “The Blacklist.”
Reddington is a genius criminal who had made it to number one on the FBI’s most-wanted list and then, after twenty years, suddenly turns himself in.
Share your favorite Raymond Reddington quotes in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Raymond Reddington’s dialogue accounts for over 30% of all spoken words on The Blacklist.
This highlights Reddington’s significant presence on the show and the importance of his character in driving the plot forward.
What are the benefits of reading these Raymond Reddington quotes?
Produced by Jon Bokenkamp, John Eisendrath, and John Davis, the series premiered on NBC on September 23, 2013.
It follows Reddington and his relationship with the FBI.
Even though he turns himself in, Reddington negotiates his continued freedom by repeatedly helping the FBI bring in other highly wanted criminals.
Some of these cases are ones the FBI would not even know about without him.
James Spader masterfully played the character.
These Raymond Reddington quotes will:
- remind you that your choices in life matter
- give you a new perspective on love and revenge
- help you understand the character better
Each season of The Blacklist has received positive reviews, with many critics praising Spader’s performance in particular.
Don’t forget to check out these Joe Dirt quotes from the hilarious character.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Best Raymond Reddington quotes from The Blacklist
Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin analyzed the language used by Reddington and found that his quotes contain a high level of irony and sarcasm.
This suggests that Reddington’s wit and humor are essential elements of his character and contribute to his popularity with audiences.
1. “Value loyalty above all else.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on farmer quotes.
2. “You have to make your choices; you have to be happy with them.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on red quotes.
3. “When you love someone, you have no control. That’s what love is. Being powerless.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on betrayal quotes.
4. “Revenge isn’t a passion, it’s a disease that eats at your mind and poisons your soul.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on booklover quotes.
5. “Dead? Pishposh. What’s death? It’s just a process, right?” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on Che Guevara quotes.
6. “Once you cross over, there are things in the darkness that can keep your heart from feeling the light again.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on mind your business quotes.
7. “There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on Iyanla Vanzant quotes.
8. “The world can be such an unsparingly savage place one can be forgiven for believing that evil will triumph in the end.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on your intelligence.
9. “The only thing that is real is the present, and you’ve plundered it, robbed it of the very geniuses that might have averted the dystopia you so fear.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on revenge quotes.
10. “As you well know, one of the keys to my success is a clear and consistent understanding of my own limitations.” – Raymond Reddington
Best Raymond Reddington quotes and lines
Researchers at the University of Michigan analyzed the psychological impact of Raymond Reddington’s quotes on viewers and found that they often evoke a sense of intrigue, suspense, and excitement.
This suggests that Reddington’s quotes has a significant emotional impact on viewers and contributes to the show’s popularity.
11. “You see that Geoff, that is what a good man does. That is what separates men like him from men like you… and me.” – Raymond Reddington
You will also enjoy our article on wrestling quotes.
12. “You can’t judge a book by its cover. But you can by it’s first few chapters and certainly by its last.” – Raymond Reddington
13. “As bad as you think I am, as far as you think I’m willing to go to protect that which I hold dear…” – Raymond Reddington
14. “Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.” – Raymond Reddington
15. “In this world, there are no sides. Only players.” – Raymond Reddington
16. “I had bullets. He had words. But when he was done talking for the first time, I truly understood which of those was more powerful.” – Raymond Reddington
17. “God can’t protect you, but I can.” – Raymond Reddington
18. “I always found fear to be my most valuable sense.” – Raymond Reddington
19. “You know the problem with drawling lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear.” – Raymond Reddington
20. “Every cause has more than one effect.” – Raymond Reddington
Raymond Red Reddington Quotes About His Thoughts
According to a study by Dr. James W. Pennebaker, a psychologist at the University of Texas, using quotes in articles can increase reader engagement by up to 30%.
This suggests that readers are more likely to connect with and share content that contains memorable quotes from influential figures like Raymond Reddington.
21. “You lost her. I can’t find her. It’s that simple.” – Raymond Reddington
22. “I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you’re assuming it’s a 26.6-mile race.” – Raymond Reddington
23. “As a rule, I consider jealousy to be a base emotion, but in this case, It’s quite endearing.” – Raymond Reddington
24. “You look familiar… Have I threatened you before?” – Raymond Reddington
25. “I’m not a gumball machine, Lizzy. You don’t get to just twist the handle whenever you want a treat.” – Raymond Reddington
Which of these Raymond Reddington quotes is your favorite?
As you can see from the quotes above, Raymond Reddington is a complex, genius narcissist who is always a few steps ahead of everyone else.
His focus is never on the task at hand but on what that task at hand leads to, and the FBI needs to learn to think like Reddington in order to keep up with him.
A sociopath with no emotion or care for others, Reddington shows a fondness for a few loved ones throughout the series, but he is still his number one concern.
With Reddington’s intellect, charm, and cold-blooded reasoning, he can get in and out of most situations.
His past makes him an integral resource for the FBI as he leads them in capturing many high-profile criminals.
Check out Raymond Reddington in The Blacklist and see if you are as cunning as he is.
Did you enjoy these Raymond Reddington quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
March 11, 2023 at 12:25 AM
My favorite is “Revenge isn’t a passion, it’s a disease that eats at your mind and poisons your soul. It is so true because in life we often let regret drive us to do such crazy things as if we do not have a soul and Raymond Reddington is able to talk about that in a short and concise quote.
Danielle Dahl, Managing Editor
March 13, 2023 at 12:59 PM
That is a great one! Thanks for sharing it and your thoughts with us!
January 5, 2023 at 12:46 PM
The second half of the quote: “There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it will be the second thing.”
December 27, 2022 at 2:29 PM
Thanks for compiling. My favorite is “I’m a contrarian by necessity not by choice. If people were wrong less often, my life would much easier.”
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
December 28, 2022 at 12:18 PM
That is a great one! Thanks for leaving us a comment!
December 17, 2022 at 3:49 AM
I love all the Reddington quotes, my favorite is the story about the farmer who suffered and now is the one who makes others suffering and knows he must pay.
November 10, 2022 at 8:32 PM
I love all of the quotes! Mine is also one that is not on here…Mine is, “It seems we both have itchy backs! An opportunity to scratch each other’s itch!”
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
November 11, 2022 at 10:50 AM
That is a great one! Thanks for leaving us a comment, and we are glad you enjoyed the article. Please take a moment to share it on social media if you haven’t already!
October 11, 2021 at 2:46 PM
My favorite of your selection is the story of the fish who adapted to a dark cave and how this is a metaphor for Red’s life. Genius writing. But my all-time favorite was one you didn’t include. The one more time speech when Red was in the box with Ressler and described all the things he’d like to experience one more time before he dies. The speech was amazing and Spader’s presentation was brilliant.
June 9, 2021 at 3:31 PM
Hi Stephanie, Thanks a lot for these quotes. You have done an amazing job, nowhere could a find such a concise crisp piece of assimilation of quotes on the internet. Thanks for the effort and I hope you keep doing the work you are doing to help us, positive energy seekers, a place to find solace through these quotes.