If you love to share reincarnation quotes, this is the article for you.
Here, you’ll find a list of the best quotes about reincarnation that are worth sharing.
In addition to the quotes section, we’ve also discussed the concept of reincarnation and its various associated aspects.
So, let’s start without any further ado!
What is Reincarnation?
Reincarnation is a concept that has been a part of the human imagination.
This concept is rooted in a range of spiritual and philosophical traditions.
It reflects the idea of a soul’s rebirth.
According to this belief, the soul enters a new body after it leaves the deceased.
It gives a unique perspective regarding the concept of life and death.
The Essence of Reincarnation
Reincarnation is also known as metempsychosis or transmigration.
According to this belief, the soul or consciousness undergoes different successive lifetimes.
The soul is transferred from one physical body to another.
This process is usually thought to be cyclical, including phases like:
According to the believers of this concept, the soul enters and leaves different bodies after different periods of incarnation.
This concept isn’t just confined to a single spiritual or religious tradition.
On the contrary, it finds its roots in religions like:
Karma and Reincarnation
Karma and its various concepts are usually linked with reincarnation.
Karma is the universal law of cause and effect.
According to this belief, a person’s actions and intentions impact his/her subsequent life.
For instance, negative actions yield adverse outcomes, while positive actions lead to positive outcomes.
According to the proponents of the reincarnation theory, the soul carries the imprints of past experiences and actions.
This ability of the soul is crucial in shaping the future destiny of a person.
This process repeats until the soul has learned the lessons and passed through spiritual evolution.
The Transformative Power
Irrespective of the concept portrayed in the literal realm of reincarnation, the concept is simple.
Reincarnation is the process that serves as a metaphorical framework for learning about resilience, personal growth, and the cyclical nature of life.
This helps to embrace the idea of reincarnation and allows individuals to face life’s challenges.
The idea of reincarnation could inspire individuals to strive for personal development and take responsibility for their actions.
This concept also encourages a broader perspective, which emphasizes correcting our behaviors.
It also helps us to foster empathy and compassion.
Top 10 Reincarnation Quotes
In this section, you will find the best reincarnation quotes that will fascinate you.
1. “There’s nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won’t cure.” — Jack E. Leonard
2. “I think reincarnation is possible. Hopefully, we all get recycled.” — Christina Ricci
3. “If you ask me, reincarnation is just another way to procrastinate.” — Chuck Palahniuk
4. “If there is reincarnation, I would like to be born as Sonu Niigaam.” — Sonu Nigam
5. “I believe in reincarnation, and I believe I’ve lived quite a few lives.” — Dr. Dre
6. “In contrast to reincarnation and karma, all other views seem petty and narrow.” — Richard Wagner
7. “If there is reincarnation, I’d like to come back as Warren Beatty’s fingertips.” — Woody Allen
8. “Actually, I have only two things to worry about now: afterlife and reincarnation.” — Gail Parent
9. “I don’t believe in reincarnation, and I didn’t believe in it when I was a hamster.” — Shane Richie
10. “Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation… The other eight are unimportant.” — Henry Miller
Insightful Reincarnation Quotes
Now let’s check out the following quotes to learn about the interesting facts associated with reincarnation.
11. “The most promising evidence bearing on reincarnation seems to come from the spontaneous cases, especially among children.” — Ian Stevenson
12. “There’s nothing bad about reincarnation per se; it’s basically a very good system, cost-effective and ecologically friendly.” — Tom Holt
13. “Reincarnation contains a most comforting explanation of reality by means of which Indian thought surmounts difficulties which baffle the thinkers of Europe.” — Albert Schweitzer
14. “Many cultures have independently developed a belief system in reincarnation that includes the return of the unit of consciousness to another physical lifetime on Earth.” — Stanislav Grof
15. “Reincarnation is a dance. It is a movement of life to the rhythm of the universe. Spirit and matter join together as one dancing partner. They dance, and it goes on forever.” — Frederick Lenz
16. “Thoughts that deny reincarnation are transformed in the next life into an inner unreality, an inner emptiness of life; this inner unreality and emptiness are experienced as torment, as disharmony.” — Rudolf Steiner
17. “Reincarnation … makes life what it is intended to be — a glorious adventure in which victory is absolutely sure to be ours if we persist. It proves that man [is] … master of his fate on his road to the stars.” — Shaw Desmond
18. “It’s not possible to do the wrong thing. You do what you do, and you experience the consequences of what you do. If you do not experience this before you do, your soul creates a new life so that you can. This is reincarnation. Eventually, you treat people as you would like to be treated.” — Gary Zukav
19. “Reincarnation is not an exclusively Hindu or Buddhist concept, but it is part of the history of human origin. It is proof of the mindstream’s capacity to retain knowledge of physical and mental activities. It is related to the theory of interdependent origination and the law of cause and effect.” — Dalai Lama
20. “The theory of Reincarnation, which originated in India, has been welcomed in other countries. Without a doubt, it is one of the most sensible and satisfying of all religions that mankind has conceived. This, like the others, comes from the best qualities of human nature, even if in this, as in the others, its adherents sometimes fail to carry out the principles in their lives.” — Luther Burbank
Reincarnation Quotes To Inspire and Teach
Everyone has their own opinion related to reincarnation. Here are various opinions about the belief of reincarnation by the authors of the following quotes.
21. “I Used To Believe In Reincarnation, But That Was In a Past Life.” — Paul Krassner
22. “I don’t really understand that process called reincarnation, but if there is such a thing, I’d like to come back as my daughter’s dog.” — Leonard Cohen
23. “I sort of believe that my voice was preordained; I’m a Buddhist who believes in reincarnation, so I think that my voice is a few lifetimes old.” — K. D. Lang
24. “I tentatively believe in a god. I was brought up in a fairly religious home. I think the world is compatible with reincarnation, karma, all that stuff.” — Bjorn Lomborg
25. “I adopted the theory of reincarnation when I was 26. Genius is experience. Some think to seem that it is a gift or talent, but it is the fruit of long experience in many lives.” — Henry Ford
26. “I don’t believe in reincarnation. That’s a cop-out. . . . I anticipate death will be a totally unconscious void in which you float through eternity with no particular consciousness of anything.” — Rod Serling
27. “I used to think that if there was reincarnation, I wanted to come back as the President or the Pope or as a 400 baseball hitter. But now, I would like to come back to the bond market. You can intimidate everybody.” — James Carville
28. “A woman once rang me up and said, ‘Mr. Escher, I am absolutely crazy about your work. In your print -Reptiles- you have given such a striking illustration of reincarnation.’ I replied, ‘Madam, if that’s the way you see it, so be it.’” — M. C. Escher
29. “Reincarnation, at least as I conceive it, does not nullify what we know about evolution and genetics. It suggests, however, that there may be two streams of evolution — the biological one and a personal one — and that during terrestrial lives, these streams may interact.” — Ian Stevenson
30. “I realized that Eastern thought had somewhat more compassion for all living things. The man was a form of life that, in another reincarnation, might possibly be a horsefly or a bird of paradise, or a deer. So a man of such a faith, looking at animals, might be looking at old friends or ancestors. In the East, the wilderness has no evil connotation; it is thought of as an expression of the unity and harmony of the universe.” — William O. Douglas
Reincarnation Quotes About Beliefs
Enjoy the journey through a thought-provoking compilation of quotes, unveiling varied perspectives on life’s continuity and afterlife.
31. “Whether or not we believe in survival of consciousness after death, reincarnation, and karma, it has very serious implications for our behavior.” — Stanislav Grof
32. “No honest theologian therefore can deny that his acceptance of Jesus as Christ logically binds every Christian to a belief in reincarnation – in Elias case (who was later John the Baptist) at least.” — Robert Graves
33. “There are more people alive today than have ever died. If that’s true, and you believe in reincarnation, then that means there are a lot of people walking around without souls…I’ve met some of them… Haven’t you?” — Bridget Fonda
34. “But Buddy was an upper. He was happy. He loved music, and he was really happy. I don’t know… I don’t believe in reincarnation at all, but if all that stuff is true, then he might have been on his last time around.” — Waylon Jennings
35. “I cannot think of permanent enmity between man and man, and believing as I do in the theory of reincarnation, I live in hope that if not in this birth, in some other birth I shall be able to hug all of humanity in friendly embrace.” — Mahatma Gandhi
36. “My whole belief system is that our paths are drawn for us. I believe in reincarnation. I believe we’re here to learn and grow. We choose how we come into this life based on what it is we have to learn. Some people have harder lessons than others.” — Gillian Anderson
37. “To me, this is the most beautiful, the most satisfactory from a scientific standpoint, the most logical theory of life. For thirty years, I have leaned toward the theory of Reincarnation. It seems a most reasonable philosophy and explains many things.” — Henry Ford
38. “Some people believe that we go on living in another body after death, that we lived before. They call it reincarnation. That we all lived on the earth thousands of years ago or on some other planet, but they say we have forgotten it. Some say they remember their past lives.” — James Joyce
39. “I had never been able to believe that God would give us poor frail humans only one chance at making it — that we would be assigned to some kind of hell because we failed during one experience of mortal life. … So the concepts of karma and reincarnation made logical sense to me.” — Jane Goodall
40. “I’m a great believer in the hereafter, in karma, in reincarnation. It does make sense. I believe that God is not just a law-giver but a creative artist—the greatest of all. And what characterizes artists is that they want to redo their work. Maybe it didn’t come off perfectly, so they want to see it done again and improved. Reincarnation is a way for God to improve his earlier works.” — Norman Mailer
Other Reincarnation Quotes and Sayings
Reincarnation tends to provide immense benefits to its believers. Let’s see in the following quotes what benefits one can get from reincarnation.
41. “The beliefs concerning reincarnation have a great ethical impact on human life and our relationship to the world.” — Stanislav Grof
42. “Every morning is like a new reincarnation into this world. Let us take it then for what it is and live each moment anew.” — Paul Brunton
43. “I spend money with reckless abandon. Last month I blew $5000 at a reincarnation. I got to thinking, what the hell, you only live once!” — Ronnie Shakes
44. “When you become completely loving and kind without fear and without thought of harming others, you graduate from the Earth school. That is when reincarnation ends.” — Gary Zukav
45. “They suggested I should introduce an element of reincarnation in the story. At first, I thought that was silly. But then, this whole time dimension began to fascinate me.” — Roland Joffe
46. “Reincarnation doesn’t simply mean that at the end of this life, you will move on to another life in another body; it means that the spirit of life is continually renewing itself and moving to a higher level.” — Frederick Lenz
47. “Whether you believe in God or not does matter much; whether you believe in Buddha or not does not matter so much; as a Buddhist, whether you believe in reincarnation or not does not matter so much. You must lead a good life.” — Dalai Lama
48. “And a friend of mine in the Christys, we used to sit up at night and talk and read and wonder if reincarnation, and if it wasn’t reality, what would happen to the human spirit when the body dies? Is there an afterlife? Just questions like that.” — Barry McGuire
49. “The dissemination of pseudoscience, including such things as the fascination with near-death experiences and the growing belief by Americans — 34 percent of them — in reincarnation are dangerous. They help to break down the standards of reason.” — Wendy Kaminer
50. “Let’s ask the question, what if reincarnation was real? Think about all the possibilities that that opens up and all the stories we could tell. I have learned to be incredibly open-minded about it. I’ve learned that there is an entire world of people out there who are fascinated by this stuff.” — David Hudgins
Which of these Reincarnation Quotes is your Favorite?
Reincarnation continues to captivate people due to its profound concept.
It has captured the imaginations of generations.
This is why people love to share reincarnation quotes.
To help you find your favorite, we have placed the quotes under relevant sections.
You can share these quotes with your friends and family.
And check out these Dolores Cannon quotes from a pioneer in past life regression therapy.
If you can find a quote that inspires you the most, feel free to mention it in our comments section.
We would love to hear about your choice.