Heartwarming Good Night Prayer Quotes for Your Loved Ones
September 28, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Besides being beautiful, good night prayer quotes can also help you drift off to sleep.
Prayer is simply communicating with God. During prayers, people may offer worship to God, ask forgiveness for sin in their lives, or ask for help with something.
Taking time to pray and reflect on your day may help you get better sleep at night.
Doing so gives people a chance to think through the day’s events.
This can lead to them having a more grateful heart as they go to sleep.
Praying before bed can also help people ease the stress and anxiety they carry throughout the day.
Praying before bed can also be part of a bedtime routine with children in the family.
The good night prayer quotes below can help you know what to say while praying or see how it can be an important part of your life.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
10 Best Good Night Prayer Quotes
Keeping your thoughts positive as you go to sleep can help you get better sleep throughout the night. These good night prayer quotes can help.
1. “May the good memories of today lull you to sleep.” – Kate Summer
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
2. “Good night, slept tight, awake full of joy at the morning light.” – Theodore Higgingsworth
3. “Good night. May you fall asleep in the arms of a dream so beautiful you’ll cry when you awake.” – Michael Faudet
4. “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” – Roald Dahl
5. “The day is over, the night is here, know that I love you today and forever, my dear.” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “I wish for you a good night of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.” – Debasish Mridha
7. “To all, to each, a fair good-night, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.” – Walter Scott
8. “Being involved in a good night prayer can change lives as well.” – Dr. Olusola Coke
9. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.” – George Herbert
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
Good Night Prayer Quotes to end your day
Whether you’ve had a good or bad day, it can help to process the events of the day before going to bed. Then a good night prayer or reflecting on one of these quotes can be a great way to end the day.
11. “Good night my dearest love and have pleasant dreams. Here’s to hope that tomorrow will be as sunny and bright as you are.” – Anthony T. Hincks
12. “I just want to say, good night, sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.” – Harry Dean Stanton
13. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone. What’s done is done. Embrace your dreams through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – George Orwell
14. “Goodnight. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
15. “Goodnight! and sweetest dreams be thine through all their shining way, till darkness goes, and bird and rose with rapture greet the day.” – Proctor
16. “Lay all upsets at God’s feet, and let Him soothe your troubled mind. This very night discovers the memory of God glows brightly within you. Sweet dreams of Awakening.’ – Amy Torres
17. “Good night, dear Lord, my God. As we sleep under your watchful love tonight, may we wake up refreshed in the morning, in Jesus’ name. Amen.” – MaryFrancis Ohu
18. “As you lay down to sleep, may the good Lord keep you through the night.” – Kate Summers
19. “To have a good night, give all your worries, and concerns to God in prayer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
20. “Put yourself in God’s hands tonight and pray that He will lead you in the right direction. Then simply let go and trust Him, believing that you will sense God’s direction and that He will bring you the peace you need.” – David C. Cook
You will also enjoy our article on thank God quotes.
Good Night Prayer Quotes for your Loved Ones
An attitude of gratitude can help improve your sleep. Offering prayers thanking God for the good things in your life can help. You can use these quotes to help you get started.
21. “I wish for you a good night, a good sleep, and when you awake with energy and passion, you will abound.” – Kate Summers
22. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
23. “Before you fall asleep at night, thank God for three things that happened during the day.” – Robert Morgan
24. “Good night! God keep you till the morning and guard you safe from every harm, I pray.” – Lyliam Williams
25. “Good night, sleep tight, may your dreams take you on a wonderful flight.” – Kate Summers
26. “May tonight be a lovely and serene bridge that will lead you to a wonderful tomorrow.” – E. Joseph Cossman
27. “Listen to the night sky; the mockingbird always sings you my lullaby.” – Jmemo
28. “God will always bless what you have done for His kingdom and what you have given for the things of the Lord and to help others.” – Julia Audrina Carrington
29. “The darker the night, the brighter the stars, The deeper the grief, the closer is God!” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
30. “The longest way must have it’s close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Good Night Prayer Quotes for Inspiration
Focusing on God’s protection can help ease stress and anxiety when going to sleep. These good night quotes can help you as you shift your focus.
31. “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” – Allen Ginsberg
32. “It’s time to stretch from small to tall to see the moon so bright. It lights our way and seems to say, “God bless you and good night.” – Hannah C. Hall
33. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better, and sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
34. “Good night. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
35. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
36. “Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me. Bless this little lamb tonight. Through the darkness be down near me, Keep me safe till morning light.” – Mary Duncan
37. “Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
38. “Dear Jesus, teach me to daily lay my burdens at your feet. Show me I can trust in your loving care. Grant me, your beloved, the nourishing blessing of rest and peaceful sleep.” – Rachel Olsen
39. “Harness the power of today. Seize the blessings of today! Make something happen, enhance your life, make someone laugh, help a friend, love, love, love.” – Steve Maraboli
40. “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” – Lil’ Kim
Spiritual Good Night Prayer Quotes
Sometimes it can be hard to know what to pray before bed. Some of these prayer quotes below can give you a good example.
41. “Lord, I’ve shouldered my cares as if I’m the one in control. Help me become like a child, handing all my stresses, worries, and responsibilities to You, my faithful Father. I trust You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.” – Amy Carroll
42. “It’s never too late. Don’t focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it, and acknowledge the blessings you have.” – Drew Barrymore
43. “May you enter the dreamland tonight and return from there carrying all the love and hope in your heart. Have a good night, my dear.” – Unknown
44. “The day is done; O God the Son, look down upon thy little one! O Light of Light, Keep me this night and shed round me, thy presence bright. I need not fear if thou art near; Thou art my Savior kind and dear.” – Unknown
45. “May God’s mercy be on you and keep you safe through the night. May your burdens be less. Good Night!” – Unknown
46. “Whenever you have a Dream inside your Heart, Never let it go because Dreams are the tiny seeds from which a beautiful tomorrow grows. Have a wonderful dream tonight.” –Unknown
47. “I pray that May God’s grace gives you the strength and courage to feel renewed and refreshed. Good Night!” – Unknown
48. “Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, watch and guard me through the night, and wake me with the morning light.” – Unknown
49. “May the stars whisper messages of calmness and peace into your ears as you fall asleep. Have a sound sleep” – Unknown
50. “Each night, I hope the moon is large and bright, and you will be happy and right. When you turn off the light, keep in mind that I am dreaming of you.” – Unknown
Which One of these Good Night Prayer Quotes is your Favorite?
While some people enjoy praying alone, praying with family or even friends can be a helpful way to end your day.
This time spent in prayer can be a way to help your family bond together.
It can be a way to help you teach your children how to pray throughout the day, including before going to bed.
Praying with others can also communicate your love for them as you show you care about their day and what is happening to them.
Along with bringing you closer to your family, saying good night prayers can help you grow closer to God as you focus on Him.
Do you have a favorite good night prayer quote you like to use before bed? Share it with us in the comments.