Jump into the Marvel Cinematic Universe again with these Runaways quotes.
Runaways is an American TV series based on the Marvel Comics superhero team “Runaways”, which shares the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Marvel fans loved that this show is set in the same continuity as other Marvel movies and TV shows, making it more appealing to the general audience.
The story centered around a group of 6 teenagers who happen to share intriguing connections with each other. So they unite against a supervillain organization called the Pride, which shockingly is run by their very own parents.
These Runaways quotes will help you enjoy the cinematic days of superhero movies again.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Old Guard quotes from the dark superhero. Story
Runaways quotes by Alex Wilder
1. “I’d like to report a murder? I mean, I wouldn’t LIKE to, but…” — Alex Wilder
2. “There’s something in here about any church intake files, arrivals, runaways.” — Alex Wilder
3. “I was scared, okay? Scared that you’d never forgive me. ‘Cause losing you forever, Nico… that’d be like another death.” — Alex Wilder
4. “Chase, come on. Can you honestly think of a single reason to justify their actions?” — Alex
5. “For as long as I can remember… whenever I was with you, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world. You weren’t just my father, you were my best friend. But the more I learn about you… the more I realize that you’re just not a good person.” — Alex Wilder
Runaways quotes by Chase
6. “Since there’s a very good chance that we don’t make it back from this, I wanted to tell you what I think of you. Which is that you’re amazing, you’re brilliant, you’re strong, you’re not afraid to be unpopular — I mean you stand by your beliefs no matter what anybody else says. You’re the most incredible person I’ve ever met.” — Chase
7. “I love you and I have for a really long time. I guess I’ve just been too stupid and weak and insecure to tell you that before, but I just needed to say it in case I never get another chance.” — Chase
8. “Gert, you’re not real. I’d know that even without this weird thing happening to you because you haven’t talked about the patriarchy or gender bias or microaggression once since I got here.” — Chase
Runaways quotes by Janet Stein
9. “Chase, I know that this is the most difficult thing that you have ever been through, but I am begging you, do not ask questions. The less you know, the better, about Jonah, about PRIDE, about your father. Just do not rock the boat in any way.” — Janet Stein
10. “Losing my husband, I could survive. But losing my son, I could not.” — Janet Stein
Runaways quotes by Frank Dean
11. “Secrets only live in shadows and there are no shadows in the light.” — Frank Dean
12. “Leslie, I’ve seen what Jonah can do. The gloves? I know that’s just the beginning. Is he what David wrote about? Is he the one who saw the full Spectrum? Is he the Being?” — Frank Dean
Runaways quotes by Gert Yorkes
13. “You wouldn’t understand. No matter where you go, or what you do, people see you. When someone like me walks through a door, no one really turns my way. Unless I just barfed orange juice onto my shoes.” — Gert Yorkes
14. “When things calm down, I’ll come for you. I’ll find you. We have a connection. You’re the Costello to my Abbott. The Harpo to my Groucho. The old lace to my arsenic. Goodbye, Old Lace.” — Gert Yorkers
Runaways quotes by Jonah
15. “When I was laying here, my biggest fear wasn’t laying here, it was that I might die without ever having looked into her eyes. I want to meet her.” — Jonah
16. “I realize how difficult it must be, discovering the truth about yourself with no one to guide you, no one who truly understands. Unfortunately, the truth can make you very lonely. But now… now for the first time in such a long time… I don’t feel quite so alone. Maybe I could give you that gift.” — Jonah
Runaways quotes by Karolina Dean
17. “Please don’t say it’s going to be OK. My mom is a murderer; all of our parents are murderers!” — Karolina Dean
18. “We were friends because our parents were friends. We were just kids. We were always gonna grow apart.” — Karolina Dean
19. “Did you see them? The lights?” — Karolina
Runaways quotes by Robert Minoru
20. “At least Tina gets a wand. She loves that thing. She’s been sleeping with it.” — Robert Minoru
21. “Every day, Nico pulls further away. If things don’t change, we’ll lose her, too.” — Robert Minoru
Runaways quotes by Victor Stein
22. “My son, they used to say there would never be a self-driving car until they made one. I can beat this thing. I know it.” — Victor Stein
23. “That thing is the work of a child. You got ahead of yourself. Don’t worry about the execution. Not yet. Just tell me your idea. Every detail. What it does. How it feels. How it makes you feel. Right now it is perfect in your mind, and that is where you need to live while we build this thing. Take me there.” — Victor Stein
Runaways quotes by Nico Minoru
24. “Some people hide behind makeup, others behind a smile. It’s still hiding.” — Nico Minoru
25. “Fine. I am Nico Minoru. I’m a witch. This is the hostel, I live here with five other kids. This is the most powerful weapon in existence, the Staff of One. Now let’s go.” — Nico
Runaways quotes by other characters
26. “Kids that know you when you’re young? No one will ever know you like that again. Don’t give up on that.” — Geoffrey Wilder
27. “We’re ready. Tonight, another becomes eternal.” — Leslie Dean
28. “Listen, Frank, you had a good run. There was a moment there when your poster was on the wall of every teenage girl across the country. A huge swath of the teenage population discovered the wonders of masturbation to your photo.” — Phil
29. “Now. How hard can it be to find a dinosaur in the Palisades?” — Dale Yorkes
30. “I’m sorry this isn’t one of your grass-fed, free-range, sacrifices, but whatever Geoffrey did, just be glad he did it.” — Catherine Wilder
31. “The prophecy is the only hope my people have had for millennia. I have devoted my life to it. If she is not my great love…why is my face leaking?” — Xavin
Runaways quotes from memorable conversations within the show
32. Geoffrey: “Those friends of yours are probably feeling the exact same way you are today.”
Alex: “Actually, they’re doing just fine.”
Geoffrey: “Or maybe they’re better at hiding what’s really going on.”
33. Tina: “Does this mean what I think?”
Leslie: “We’re gonna need another sacrifice.”
34. Chase: “I gotta go.”
Alex: “Cause of these guys? We used to make fun of guys like these.”
Chase: “Yeah, and now we make fun of guys like you.”
35. Robert: “Janet, have you done something different with your hair?”
Janet: “Thank you so much for noticing.”
Victor: “Forgive me for being so busy changing the world that I didn’t notice your bangs had grown out.”
36. Victor: “You’re not getting cold feet, are you Geoffrey?”
Geoffrey: “It concerns me that you aren’t. She’s only 17.”
Tina: “They’re always the same age.”
Geoffrey: “Which is now the same age as our children. That don’t bother nobody?”
37. Dale: “Personally, I’ve found denial to be a very effective coping mechanism.”
Janet: “Kind of how I feel about Chardonnay.”
38. Chase: “Were you just checkin’ out my junk?”
Gert: “What makes you say that?”
Chase: “The X-Ray goggles on your head?”
Gert: “I may have given it cursory glance purely out of scientific curiosity.”
39. Tina: “I’ve booked us a room five minutes away. It worked for Dakota Johnson.”
Robert: “We’re not characters in some trashy movie. This is real life. We’re in a real marriage.”
40. Victor: “How is it you know all this but you’ve never gotten above a B- in calculus?”
Chase: “Calc’s boring. I like practical applications.”
41. Molly: “Why would our parents do all these horrible things?”
Gert: “Because they’re horrible people.”
42. Catherine: “You think you got justice?”
Alex: “Well you’re sitting in front of me in a orange jumpsuit instead of a red robe, so yeah. I’d say justice was served.”
43. Chase Stein: “ guess, since tonight may be our last night on earth.”
Gert Yorkes: “Yeah. Well, if that’s how it is, I’d like one last dance.”
44. Geoffrey Wilder: “We made a deal with the devil.”
Tina Minoru: “And the devil will have his due.”
45. Stacey Yorkes: “You know we’re gonna have to tell the girls.”
Dale Yorkes: “Tell ’em what? Oh, that we’re moving to a remote ranch in the Yucatan with our prehistoric guard dog. That is a good idea. They’re gonna love that.”
46. Gert Yorkes: “Plus, it’s kind of hard to stay friends with someone when all they care about is being the perfect church girl.”
Karolina Dean: “Better than the insufferable social justice warrior.”
47. Chase: “Are you going to say sorry to her?”
Team Dude: “No. I got a broken rib because of that bitch.”
Chase: “Good thing you got 23 more!”
48. Robert: “He’s passed out. He’s probably passed out for days.”
Victor: “He would shit his pants. We can’t take that chance.”
49. Molly: “What if the ghosts of all those kids are still in this room watching us right now?
Gert: “OK, Molls, no more Ghostbumps for you.”
50. Molly: “A good reason to kill kids.”
Nico: “Chase, come on.”
Chase: “I know it doesn’t make any sense, but, I don’t know. I was with my dad before, and what if we’re missing something here?”
Which of these Runaways quotes is your favorite?
Runaways is a light story in general with a mix of family drama, superhero action and teenage dilemma, making it fun and relaxing to watch.
If you are a comic fan, you’ll love how the show tried its best to stay true to the original comic book narrative.
In addition, the show is a good place to start if you want to dive into the marvel universe.
Overall, the show received positive feedback from the viewers making the previous three seasons strong enough to pull some ratings and praises from the fans.
So if you want a simple alternative to action series with a fairly awesome story, give this series a chance because you just might love it.
Hopefully, these Runaways quotes and sayings get you excited for more action-packed series out there.
October 15, 2021 7:00 AM EST