Screech Quotes About the Noise We All Hate
January 6, 2023 6:00 AM EST
This screech quotes compilation consists of different sections, each offering a particular type of quotes.
Therefore, you can easily find and enjoy reading your favorite screech quotes.
Besides, the quotes listed below are suitable for sharing via any social media platform.
Most of the screech quotes compiled here are engaging and have a message to convey.
So, you can have fun reading and sharing these quotes.
In addition, we have also shared some information regarding the screech sounds and their effects on our ears and mind.
Let’s explore this article and have fun reading the screech quotes.
What is screech?
Screech is an unpleasant and high pitch noise usually linked to the noise made by eagles, owls, bats, and other similar birds when they apprehend danger.
Apart from this, machines and automobiles also make screeching noises.
For instance, when a vehicle hits a brake, the tires screech.
Screeching sounds are extremely loud and unbearable because of their high pitch.
The shrillness of the sound causes a strong impact on our ears.
Hence, one can’t bear these sounds for an extended time.
Harmful effects of exposure to continuous screeching sounds
We refer to the surrounding noise as environmental noise.
For instance, the traffic noise bothers most of us, especially when living in densely populated areas.
This kind of environmental noise is usually present in almost every area of human activity.
The negative impact of screeching noises produced by different machines, vehicles, and trains can have a physiological, psychological, and emotional impact.
Here are a few of the most noteworthy effects of having been exposed to screeching sounds for longer periods.
- Sleep disturbance
- Anxiety and stress
- Hearing damage
- Cardiovascular health problems
When preventing the negative effects of screeching sounds, it is impossible to avoid them completely.
Noise pollution has become a part of everyday life.
However, we can take certain preventive measures to prevent ourselves from the risk of physical or psychological disorders.
A few of these are:
- Whenever the noise levels surpass the 85 dB mark, wearing earplugs is imperative.
- When you are listening to loud music with screeching instrumental sounds, don’t exceed 60 percent of the max volume.
- If possible, avoid staying in a place with a lot of screeching noises or sounds with dangerous noise levels.
- You can also find a residential area away from industrial noise and heavy traffic.
Top 10 screech quotes
Here we present the top 10 screech quotes for you.
1. “Screeching through my silence…” — Dude & Duette
2. “Metal on metal screech outside. It sounded.” — Moana Lee
3. “One man’s Voltaire is another man’s Screech.” — Dennis Miller
4. “Don’t screech like that. You’ll wake the dead.” — Cassandra Clare
5. “Night evaporates itself into the sharp screech of a bird at dawn.” — Atima
6. “I play bass. I don’t have to go out there and screech.” — Tina Weymouth
7. “A man’s screech should exceed his rasp, or what’s a violin for?” — Stuart Rogers
8. “It’s not easy to come out from the deep ocean of screeching emotions.” — Boyka
9. “Thought for sure someone would screech or gasp or fall off the bed.” — Ann M. Martin
10. “I soon learned that humans can screech even louder than monkeys.” — Katherine Applegate
Insightful screech quotes
These are some profound screech quotes for those looking for quotes with deep underlying meanings.
11. “The most awful thing out laughter is it can conceal the screech pretty well.” — Shweta vashisht
12. “Trust arrives on foot but leaves in a Ferrari. The Ferrari screeched out of the parking lot in 2008.” — Mark Carney
13. “Lamentation is the only musician that always, like a screech-owl, alights and sits on the roof of any angry man.” — Plutarch
14. “I thought I could make out Jamie’s Highland screech, but that was likely imagination; they all sounded equally demented.” — Diana Gabaldon
15. “Sometimes I feel like tap-dancing, screeching, unscrewing light bulbs, pulling curtains, combing hair, doing knee bends, handstands and turning somersaults out there.” — Ilie Nastase
Interesting screech quotes
16. “This particular ogre, who went by the name Skoorn, was (by ogreish standards) exceedingly clever, and he had developed a taste for what ogres call “screech melons.” — Robert Kroese
17. “Tooting, howling, screeching, booming, crashing, whistling, grinding, and trilling bolster his [mankind’s] ego. His anxiety subsides. His inhuman void spreads monstrously like a gray vegetation.” — Hans Arp
18. “She reached back with remarkable speed and, raising the weapons above her head, slid them out to the sides. The swords made a high-pitch metallic screech when their surfaces glided against each other.” — A.O. Peart
19. “That same piercing screech in her voice every time at the hospital. “Do something!” When I slit my wrists. “Help her!” The last time too. “Somebody help her. Help us!” You’re helpless, both of you. All of us.” — Julie Anne Peters
20. “The trees are in misery, and the birds are in misery. I don’t think they sing. They just screech in pain. … Taking a close look at what’s around us, there is some sort of harmony: it’s the harmony of overwhelming and collective murder.” — Werner Herzog
Unforgettable screech quotes
Here are some screech quotes that are not easily forgettable.
21. “If you’re not careful, the viola can make the most awful screech.” — Gayle Forman
22. “A fat Reichian wife screeching over potatoes Get a job! And five nose-running brats in love with Batman.” — Gregory Corso
23. “Her voice was a throaty screech, without melody, as false as her eyebrows and as sharp as her nails.” — Raymond Chandler
24. “Lex’s jaw dropped. She started to object, but the look Zara shot her could have silenced a pack of screech monkeys.” — Gina Damico
25. “The screech of tyres, an almighty bang, and a car exploded through the playground wall like a high-velocity bullet through a watermelon.” — Kev Heritage
26. “When you first start out, you are just happy to get a job, any job. And as time goes on, either you move forward or screech to a halt.” — George Clooney
27. “I have a toothache today. I never seem to be able to rise above a toothache. It makes me want to howl, break things, pull noses, tweak ears, screech.” — John Colton
28. “The only way to prepare for a trip like this, I felt, was to dress up like human peacocks and get crazy, then screech off across the desert and cover the story.” — Hunter S. Thompson
29. “The world could screech to a halt on its axis, and the dock could be swept out to sea in an apocalyptic current, and we wouldn’t notice. Our universes have condensed into each other.” — Kirsten Hubbard
30. “Everything you say,’ Geno said rather irritably, ‘contradicts itself.’ ‘Of course, it does,’ the screech owl rejoined obscurely. ‘Otherwise, how would anyone ever keep to the middle of the road?” — Felix Salten
Revolutionary screech quotes
These revolutionary screech quotes might serve as inspiration if you are a public speaker looking for words of wisdom to share with your audience.
31. “Seeing is such a privilege. Who notices the way the screech of a gull looks, the look of a gale, the sight of some fragrance?” — Keith Crown
32. “It won’t be long before we’ll be deafened by the screeches of whistles being blown by whistle-blowers blowing the whistle on themselves.” — Joseph O’Neill
33. “There will be a meeting of the great powers who will disagree, and the next noise we hear will be the screeching of elevators going up and down from heaven to hell.” — Mordecai Wyatt Johnson
34. “When it made the distinctive screech that only an old country screen door could make, another layer of lead came off his chest. That was a sound of home. Of history and memory and comfort.” — Susan Fanetti
35. “You possess all the attributes of a demagogue; a screeching, horrible voice, a perverse, cross-grained nature, and the language of the marketplace. In you all is united which is needful for governing.” — Aristophanes
Inspirational screech quotes about life
36. “And life can have its way with me. It won’t break me. Neither you nor me. That determined faith in our own resilience is our only weapon against the cynical, the weak, those who talk of honor but do not practice the word they so loudly and vigorously screech.” — Alexandra Silber
37. “And the storm went on. It roared, it bellowed, and it screeched: it thumped, and it kerwhalloped. The great seas would come to bunt against the rocks as if they were bound to go right through to Jersey City, which they used to say was the end of the world.” — Laura E. Richards
38. “Have you never, when waves were breaking, watched children at sport on the beach, With their little feet tempting the foam fringe, till with stronger and further reach? Then they dreamed of, a billow comes bursting, how they turn and scamper and screech!” — Alfred Austin
39. “We hear the ambient noise of children singing. We hear lions and tigers roar. Hyenas laugh. Some jungle bird or howler monkey declares its existence, screeching a maniac’s gibberish. Our entire world, always doing battle against the silence and obscurity of death.” — Chuck Palahniuk
40. “The thing that I’ve learned about taking risks is that the key question to ask is, “If this goes terribly, what will happen?” Usually, the answer is that the world won’t come to a screeching halt. Usually, you can go back. Maybe not to the exact same job, but usually to the same type of job.” — Jane Park
Some more screech quotes
Here are some more screech quotes for your reading pleasure.
41. “Journalism has become a sort of competitive screeching: what is trivial but noisy and immediate takes precedence over important matters that develop over time.” — Ted Koppel
42. “Vamps who are dying, or think they are, give a piercing, eardrum-bursting shriek, like the love child of a screech owl and a mountain lion on crystal meth, amplified like a seventies rock band.” — Faith Hunter
43. “People ask me about all sorts of sounds. There’s a sound of a screeching toy or a rubber duck, and everybody asks me about that, but it was an absolutely random thing, just a cool sound.” — Kieran Hebden
44. “I don’t think any of my books tell the reader anything new. But they do remind, in a time that is strident and screeching about the limitations of this world and all the trouble we can get ourselves into.” — Richard Bach
45. “Many photographers are apt to confuse color with noise, and to congratulate themselves when they have almost blown you down with screeching hues alone-a bebop of electric blues, furious reds, and poison greens.” — Walker Evans
Long screech quotes
46. “It just took all of that to come to a screeching halt, to get to the point of having nothing, for me to finally realize, Hey, what are you fighting with this for? Until then, I hadn’t claimed my faith as my own; I had just grown up with it.” — Scott Stapp
47. “A piercing screech from above caught my attention. However, it was the armed landing beside me with teeth marks that let me know what was going on. “Can you be a little more careful where you let body parts fall?” — Elizabeth J. Kolodziej
48. “From my experience, politicians are much more uncomfortable being made fun of than they are being preached at and screeched at – you know, and the soapbox routine. They’re much more uneasy knowing they’re a target of ridicule.” — Carl Hiaasen
49. “The screech and mechanical uproar of the big city turns the citified head, fills citified ears — as the song of birds, wind in the trees, animal cries, or as the voices and songs of his loved ones once filled his heart. He is sidewalk-happy.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
50. “The new American finds his challenge and his love in the traffic-choked streets, skies nested in smog, choking with the acids of industry, the screech of rubber and houses leashed in against one another while the town lets wither a time and die.” — John Steinbeck
Which one of these screech quotes is your favorite?
Once you have gone through our comprehensive list of screech quotes, you can better understand what these quotes are all about.
You can also find relevant and helpful information regarding screeching sounds.
As a result, you can prevent yourself from the harmful effects of noise pollution around you.
Besides, if you have found your favorite screech quote, you can share it by commenting in the section below.